Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Black Bullet (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Jun 17, 2014 3:39 PM

Jun 2014
i was just wondering if there would be a second season, because i dont normally watch really short animes under 24 episodes.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jun 17, 2014 3:44 PM

Nov 2013
Depends on how much material remains not adapted.
Probably no 2nd season though.
Jun 17, 2014 3:47 PM

Jun 2014
Botato said:
Depends on how much material remains not adapted.
Probably no 2nd season though.

how can people watch such short shows :/
Jun 17, 2014 3:56 PM

Nov 2013
indiedude said:

how can people watch such short shows :/

Easier to finish. And if they like them enough they're also easy to re-watch.
Jun 17, 2014 4:27 PM

Oct 2013
Did they adopt black bullet from the light novel or the manga? I heard the manga version will be ending soon. But if the series do good in terms of sales, most likely it will.
Jun 17, 2014 4:41 PM

Jun 2014
keragamming said:
Did they adopt black bullet from the light novel or the manga? I heard the manga version will be ending soon. But if the series do good in terms of sales, most likely it will.

i assume it was the light novel.
Jun 18, 2014 2:12 AM

Nov 2013
Yes it is adapted from a light novel. But I hear the anime will catch up to it so you would have to wait for more material to make a second season possible. And by that time, who knows what will happen..
Jun 18, 2014 3:58 AM
Jul 2018
It really depends on the BD/DVD sales in Japan. From what I can tell, someone told me that the first volume is expected to sell around 2,000 units. By Japanese standards, it's really low since 3,000-4,000 is something to be expected to guarantee a second season.

You also need to note that the anime only covers the first four volumes and there are currently 7 LN volumes right now. If they really want a second season, We need to wait like 1-3 more LN to call for that (or up to the 10th-14th LN if you want the second season to be a two-cour).

As far I can tell, there was been an been a 80% increase of LN sales ever since the anime came out. The number of units seems really low (15k from 12k), but you need to keep in note that Black Bullet isn't one of the most well-known LN series, but the popularity of the series is ranked around 15th of the 20 top LN.

Also, keep in note that Black Bullet is streamed internationally at Crunchyroll with Sentai Filmworks having the home video license, so you need to put that into consideration whether or not it does better internationally than in Japan.
Jun 22, 2014 9:06 AM

Sep 2012
But I saw somewhere the lightnovel or manga is ending... So we ont get a second season?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2014 9:15 AM
May 2014
BB is trash anyways, doesn't deserve a second season and shouldn't have one. I'd welcome a remake as a proper adaption of the light novel with 24 episodes and not garbage 2 episodes per arc.
The anime industry is dead, the otaku fanbase killed it.
Jun 22, 2014 9:35 AM

Nov 2013
oZi4Ever said:
But I saw somewhere the lightnovel or manga is ending... So we ont get a second season?
The manga is ending, not the LN.

kikohunter said:
BB is trash anyways, doesn't deserve a second season and shouldn't have one. I'd welcome a remake as a proper adaption of the light novel with 24 episodes and not garbage 2 episodes per arc.
It's not "trash" but I'd take a proper adaptation remake over a second season for this.
Jun 22, 2014 9:54 AM

Oct 2010
It doesn't deserve a second season. Maybe it could have been more bearable if Rentarou wasn't trying to stick his overbloated ego in the shape of a dick at my face every time I'm watching. Such pace-less, rehashing sentimental drivel deserves no more input of resources.

Then again, similarly shows have gotten 3rd seasons, so keep holding your breath.

For me, it's been demoted to background noise while I play kancolle.
Jun 22, 2014 11:11 PM

Dec 2013
studio: no name
light novel sales: kind of good, only after NGNL, mahouka, M.A and DAL 2, oh wait its actually awful compared to NGNL
bluray sales: about 2.5k, sucks
the art is not really good, if compares to another seinen shows like Arpeggio: Ars Nova. And it is fucking rushed. However, the music is amazing.
In other words, the chance of having 2nd season is nearly 0%
Jun 25, 2014 10:41 AM

May 2014
moonnya said:
light novel sales: kind of good, only after NGNL, mahouka, M.A and DAL 2, oh wait its actually awful compared to NGNL
the art is not really good, if compares to another seinen shows like Arpeggio: Ars Nova. And it is fucking rushed. However, the music is amazing.

If the LN's sales increased by 80%,expect a 2nd season soon as enough material can be adapted.Japanese consider also how well an anime can help increase the sales of the original work not just the BD/DVD copies it sold,especially to LN publishers.
Jun 28, 2014 7:31 AM

Jan 2014
Because of the fact that TOO MUCH THINGS WAS CUT OUT FROM THE LN, I think a 2-cour remake that doesn't cut too many things is better than a sequel.
Jun 28, 2014 10:10 AM
Jul 2018
ChaosZeroC77 said:
Because of the fact that TOO MUCH THINGS WAS CUT OUT FROM THE LN, I think a 2-cour remake that doesn't cut too many things is better than a sequel.

Well, to be fair, the LN had a lot of exposition, and many of such exposition were cut out in the anime adaption.

They also drastically changed some of the scenes.
Jun 28, 2014 10:49 AM

Apr 2014
Let's just say that if there is a second season then there's no way in hell that I'm watching it.
Jun 28, 2014 1:21 PM

Jan 2013
darkreaperix said:
moonnya said:

If the LN's sales increased by 80%,expect a 2nd season soon as enough material can be adapted.Japanese consider also how well an anime can help increase the sales of the original work not just the BD/DVD copies it sold,especially to LN publishers.

The art in this show is amazing.

The rest is shit (except tina sprout) but dont go insulting the art.
Jul 1, 2014 1:42 PM
Mar 2013
overall i like this show im not a big fan of lolis but the plot wasn't all that bad...still kisara was a surprise in the end ( well i got interested what she will turn into so i checked the novel) i do hope they adapt it but like always it will depend on the sales
Jul 1, 2014 1:43 PM

Jun 2014
I hope not
Jul 1, 2014 1:47 PM

Mar 2014
Hopefully not. I rarely drop anime's but this show was trash. it had decent animation though
Jul 1, 2014 1:48 PM

Nov 2012
Not a chance.
Jul 1, 2014 1:59 PM

Apr 2013
I want a remake. Not a 2nd season.
Jul 1, 2014 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
hopefully not.. this show was so bad it needs to just go away.
Jul 1, 2014 2:27 PM
Jul 2012
I'd like to see what happens next with Kisara as Sotami's enemy. I didn't expect her to go that far in the last episode. Overall this anime was pretty good. A lot of people said this anime was pretty fast paced but aren't all 12 episode anime fast paced? I would like to see more of it.
Jul 1, 2014 2:37 PM
Jul 2013
I'd rather see a different studio or director take another shot at the series later. This first season was all over the place. It was very rushed and poorly paced. Amazing opening though, so at least it has that going for it.
Jul 1, 2014 2:55 PM

Nov 2013
YumeNoMonogatari said:
I want a remake. Not a 2nd season.
This.
jjrocks24 said:
A lot of people said this anime was pretty fast paced but aren't all 12 episode anime fast paced?
No not all. And the ones that are usually suck just as much.
Jul 2, 2014 2:02 AM

Sep 2011
I browsed through the forums, and found that many people hate on this show merely because it has lolis, and is apparently pedo-bait due to the fact that all 'Cursed Children' are prepubescent girls. Why do shows get so much hate when they're not Naruto/Gundam/FMA clones? I feel that the only three criteria really needed for people on MAL to call a show 'shit' are 1) Not an action anime; 2) Has fanservice; 3) Has lolis. Heck, 30% of the people hating on said shows admit themselves that they haven't even watched them yet.

In the first place, the lolis aren't even sexualized, or even seen as love interests by the protagonist - I honestly don't get why people call this show the incarnation of Satan when there isn't pedophilia at all. I mean, just look at No Game No Life.

/End rant.

I digress - for the most part, the plot is interesting and it does get heavy at times. However, the entire show was indeed rushed, and the last fight with Aldebaran was executed very poorly. I'd give this show a 7/10; largely due to the plot, likeable characters, and artwork.
astro-kunJul 2, 2014 2:09 AM
Jul 2, 2014 2:25 AM

Apr 2013
The rest of the show isn't as bad as Episode 4 in terms of pacing. I honestly would like to know what happens later but sure as hope that they wouldn't box four extremely large novels in 1 cour show.
As of 27/7/14 I have decided trap anime Sword Art Online II has more appeal than Mahouka.
Jul 2, 2014 2:28 AM

Jun 2013
I want a sequel because

a. this nor pretty much any other light novel adaptation will ever get a reboot. Reboots are almost exclusively reserved for shows that had monster numbers, and are rebooted for a new generation, or in rare cases like Princess Resurrection or Kurenai the reboot is a 2-3 episode ova.

lb. all those whining will whine no matter what. No adaption can ever be good enough for them and they always find something to whine about. I have read the LN for most of these works and generally the adaptions are fine. So in short even if they rebooted, this same people would whine and we be stuck and square one for all eternity no season would ever be good enough to make a sequel, reboot it again.

So I would actually like to see an anime get to the conclusion of a light novel work for once, instead of always being killed off after one season.
Jul 2, 2014 2:31 AM

Oct 2013
I wouldn't mind a second season but I have no problem if it never gets one. The chances for a sequel are nowhere near as of now anyways.
Jul 2, 2014 3:03 AM

May 2009
Zero chances
Shit adapation = shit sales.
Jul 2, 2014 3:40 AM

Jan 2013
bastek66 said:
Zero chances

Troll located, Anime had a great sales in fact it's one of top sales of a spring season.

There is enough material too.

So chances are very high.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jul 2, 2014 4:45 AM

Dec 2013
wukp said:
bastek66 said:
Zero chances

Troll located, Anime had a great sales in fact it's one of top sales of a spring season.

Dat counter troll
This anime sales will be about 25th /40 (spring anime)
low sales mostly because of this shit new studio
Jul 2, 2014 8:22 AM

Jan 2013
moonnya said:
wukp said:

Dat counter troll
This anime sales will be about 25th /40 (spring anime)
low sales mostly because of this shit new studio

And why is studio a shit? And even if studio is bad for some things unrelated to this anime, anime itself is amazing so why would that effect anime sales? And what are your sources for sales?

You can't troll me I know my stuff.
The real world is past the virtual world is future.

Jul 2, 2014 11:31 AM

Apr 2013
wukp said:
bastek66 said:
Zero chances

1. false, it had shit sales.
2. "top sales of spring season" isn't saying much since most shows sucked.
3. they already butchered the LNs or so I've heard.. why do it again?
Jul 2, 2014 12:07 PM

Jul 2013
wukp said:
bastek66 said:
Zero chances

Can I get a source where they say the anime had great sales?
And I mean that in the most sexually painful way possible.
Jul 2, 2014 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
JabonHR said:
wukp said:

Can I get a source where they say the anime had great sales?

Well, I recall someone mentioned in AnimeSuki that the first volume of this series was expected to sell about 2,000 units. It isn't a lot by Japanese standards, since you need 3,000-4,000 units to break even for a second season.

The LN source, on the other hand, experienced an 80% increase of sales since the anime airing. If you didn't bother to look into the data I've posted earlier (the increase is about 12k-15k units, not bad for an unknown LN).
Jul 2, 2014 2:58 PM

Apr 2013
DarkPaladinX said:
The LN source, on the other hand, experienced an 80% increase of sales since the anime airing. If you didn't bother to look into the data I've posted earlier (the increase is about 12k-15k units, not bad for an unknown LN).

That's good to know. I really liked the 1st volume and I hope someone will translate the rest.
Jul 2, 2014 10:47 PM

Mar 2014
astro-kun said:
I browsed through the forums, and found that many people hate on this show merely because it has lolis, and is apparently pedo-bait due to the fact that all 'Cursed Children' are prepubescent girls. Why do shows get so much hate when they're not Naruto/Gundam/FMA clones? I feel that the only three criteria really needed for people on MAL to call a show 'shit' are 1) Not an action anime; 2) Has fanservice; 3) Has lolis. Heck, 30% of the people hating on said shows admit themselves that they haven't even watched them yet.

In the first place, the lolis aren't even sexualized, or even seen as love interests by the protagonist - I honestly don't get why people call this show the incarnation of Satan when there isn't pedophilia at all. I mean, just look at No Game No Life.

/End rant.

I digress - for the most part, the plot is interesting and it does get heavy at times. However, the entire show was indeed rushed, and the last fight with Aldebaran was executed very poorly. I'd give this show a 7/10; largely due to the plot, likeable characters, and artwork.

I agree and disagree. People dislike naruto in MAL. People on MAL praise a lot of non-action oriented anime.
Black Bullet is a shit show though. You can't take this show seriously at all and that is bad for a post apocalyptic show.
Jul 2, 2014 10:50 PM

Dec 2009
I hope it gets a second season but I doubt it will. My friend gave me a lot of spoilers and basically it should get really dark + depressing from that point on right???

Season one was pretty terrible in my opinion though
Jul 3, 2014 2:38 AM

Apr 2013
sullynathan said:
astro-kun said:

/End rant.

I agree and disagree. People dislike naruto in MAL. People on MAL praise a lot of non-action oriented anime.
Black Bullet is a shit show though. You can't take this show seriously at all and that is bad for a post apocalyptic show.

No Game No Life is an exception I guess. (If we forget that it's a really enjoyable anime) It has lots of fanservice and lolis and somehow it's 18th.

And I also don't think the lolis are sexualized, well maybe there was a short bath scene with Enju but that's all. They were just presented as kids, misjudged and maltreated kids.

And, yeah, BB was bad :(
Jul 29, 2014 2:29 PM

Dec 2013
I really enjoyed this show, and i would love a season 2. you know how i managed to make this show awesome for me? not reading the novels or manga.

Anyway, hoping for a s2 in 2015
Aug 7, 2014 8:33 AM

Jul 2014
This better get a season 2, a 24 episode season 2!! This anime was good, though it could of been way better in my opinion with a proper 24 episode season.
skullcruncherAug 7, 2014 8:38 AM
Aug 10, 2014 7:01 PM
Jul 2018
Keep in note that the light novels are still being written. The anime only covered up by volume 4 of the 7 volumes released. The first four episodes covered volume 1, episodes 5-7 covered volume 2, and 8-13 covered a two volume story arch. After the third and fourth volumes, the author decided to write two volume story archs (with volumes 5 and 6 being a two volume story arch, and volume 7 being released as another two volume story arch).

Assuming he finishes the volume 7-8 story arch with the 8th volume this year, we probably wouldn't see a second season until 2016 providing if Kadokawa does the 4 volumes in 13 episodes bullshit. That is, of course, if Kadokawa decides to release volume 5-6 story arch in 4-6 OVAs (and you probably will hate this series more because this story arch is known to be very controversial).

Now, if you guys really want a 2-cour series and assuming Kadokawa is still doing that 13 episodes covering 4 volumes bullshit, we probably may not hear about a second season until 2017 (or 2018 if Kadokawa decides to release the volume 5-6 storyarch as OVAs). And if you really want a two-cour, we need to wait until 2016 where he'll release volumes 11 and 12 (or 2017 when he releases volumes 13 and 14 if Kadokawa decides to release volume 5-6 story arch as OVAs).

For the record, the light novel author writes two volumes per year. Black Bullet was first published in 2011, and he writes a two volume story arch everyyear after the first and second volumes.
Jul 4, 2015 6:45 AM
May 2015
I Dont read manga but anime is great in my opinion and I want second season. Only need more views :(
Aug 14, 2015 10:44 AM
Aug 2015
I still want to know what will happen to Satomi & Kisara relationships ...I hope their relationship will be back and more intimate
Aug 17, 2015 1:25 PM
Aug 2015
@HowTragic you my friend are wrong, I made this account just to respond to your comment because its people like you who ruin everything for everyone who watches anime and enjoys what they watch, you speak for yourself because there are people out there who enjoy this stuff, who fall in love with it, the characters and the story or what you call "drivel" is what fuels people to continue watching, so calm down there Mr critic. And ofcourse your opinion is just that, opinion so in the end it doesn't matter what you think of it, I respect peoples opinions but yours is just nonsense. whether or not it gets a better adaptation or second season is not up to you. In the end its the fans and the supporters of this writers hard work and dedication. I love anime regardless and understand there will be anime I don't enjoy but I wouldn't go as far as to call it garbage and completely disrespect the creator and the fans. people have different likes and preferences and just because it doesn't coincide with what you like or prefer doesn't mean it's drivel. Anyway continue with your life as it was privor to my response, don't bother responding because I won't read it because you don't deserve my time, now excuse me while I go enjoy my "drivel" and good day sir and or madam
Sep 21, 2015 4:02 AM
Mar 2015
Well.... personaly, i think its a great show and ofcourse i would like a second season. But overall, i dont think there will be one.
Sep 27, 2015 4:31 PM
Sep 2015
This anime shows the worst side of "mankind". At the end I was sad and pissed off. The only remidy right now are my shounen ai babies...........-_-
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 29, 2014

398 by cableguyjay »»
May 26, 5:19 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 22, 2014

252 by cableguyjay »»
May 18, 9:12 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2014

521 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 3:39 PM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2014

383 by FZREMAKE »»
May 11, 5:20 AM

Poll: » Black Bullet Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 27, 2014

191 by mon_ke_po »»
Mar 16, 8:49 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.