Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 11, 2016 6:53 PM

Jan 2013
Not the most exciting episode.
Feb 28, 2016 7:30 AM

Jan 2016
This was so boring. probably the worst episode on the whole series.
can't believe we are 21 episodes in and there's still no plot and we get episodes like this.
The 5 episodes left has to be amazing for me to give CB a high score
so far it's been a disappointing show 6/10
Oct 28, 2016 5:41 AM

Mar 2013
Pretty boring episode.
Dec 18, 2016 5:16 AM

Nov 2011
At first I thought it was so interesting as it then proved as it has gone ahead with the narration. Just a shame that it is interlocutory in its intent, but the episode is still enjoyable to watch, at least we know a little better the character of Jet. Ein and Ed, are geniuses!

Cigarettes and horoscopes, are not necessary in life.
Dec 30, 2016 10:50 PM

Jul 2015
Jet's the MAN!
Good episode
Apr 19, 2017 11:14 PM

Jun 2016
The weakest episode so far. I didn't care one bit about the girl's story and the way it was resolved was seriously weak.
It didn't help that her voice actor was very, very meh.
May 4, 2017 9:20 PM

May 2015
does not compare to the other episodes but the grill was cute :)
Aug 26, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2015
Quite boring episode. At least the gril was cute. :)
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 21, 2017 2:56 PM
Sep 2016
Jet akward moment sitting on a bench... it was just very akward
Oct 16, 2017 1:30 PM

Jul 2013
I enjoyed this episode, I thought it was sweet.

Jet helping an old friends daughter on a quest to find him and then they did and she at least got to say a sad goodbye to him. Awww.

When Ed asked if the girl was Jet's girlfriend, that was funny and the way she came in with the tray. Then later when Jet said at his age he could be his boyfriend then said no, older brother lol.

Kicking out Spike and Faye when smoking too! If only they knew these days, you'd be kicked out of everywhere for smoking.
Feb 19, 2018 2:15 AM
Dec 2011
Mmm, it was semi-interesting but not all that great, especially in comparison with episode 20. I personally felt like it was the weakest episode of the series so far. Even the previous filler episodes managed to be pretty funny or spoofy. This one just didn't quite seem necessary because the resolution was so unsatisfying.
Dec 9, 2018 7:56 PM

Feb 2017
I wish Meifa played a bigger part in the show. The Bebop crew could use a Feng Shui master, right? Absolutely!
Mar 7, 2019 11:01 AM

Jan 2016
honestly this was quite interesting, better than Wild Horses episode. Meifa was quite cute.
Apr 25, 2019 7:35 AM

Feb 2013
Boring, nothing special, meh.
Aug 6, 2019 3:47 AM

Apr 2013
The last few sentences are summarizing my thoughts on this episode quite well. Nothing changed.
Aug 15, 2019 10:29 PM

Aug 2017
I'm sad again cuz we went from one of the best episodes to one of the worst episodes. I was bored except the smoking ban joke. Heck, even the sad scene was forced as fuck.

The "boyfriend" joke was so cringe, stop.

NurguburuAug 15, 2019 10:44 PM
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 24, 2019 9:15 AM

Jan 2015
That was a bit boring.
Nov 7, 2019 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
Screw everyone in this forum for complaining lol. Jet is a fricking awesome character. Totally underrated and probably one of my favorites. He's almost superior to Spike for Pete sake. (In terms of intellect, responsibility, and socialness.) People said not much happened in the episode, and they're right... but this episode was at least simple and easy to follow unlike other ones. I'll agree that it wasn't the BEST episode but it was just fine. In fact that's why I'm here in the first place... just to remind everyone how awesome Jet is.

I loved the very last line in the episode. About how nothing changes except the fact that he now no longer reads the fortune telling sections in magazines. That classic Cowboy Bebop charming dialogue.
Nov 25, 2019 12:27 AM

Aug 2017
Decent episode not the best but eh... Got to see more Jet. The shipping of him and the daughter was pretty fun with ED.
May 25, 2020 7:32 PM

Dec 2010
I had a feeling that Pao would die in the end, this show rarely tells a happy story.
Nov 7, 2020 12:57 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
At least he probably heard her say “but...” before disappearing forever into the void or wherever tf he is hiding

Does spike have aimbot installed on his ship or something because he was able to hit a puny rock while speeding through hyperspace in one shot... jet was like here’s a rock I’m gonna just eject from the ship, shoot it please

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jan 11, 2021 2:17 PM

Dec 2007
a lot of mysteries for almost nothing.

even the little action wasn't that good.

probably the worst episode in the series,
Feb 28, 2021 3:24 AM

Feb 2020
It's true that nothing much happened in this episode, but Jet is probably my favorite character so I don't mind, I'm always looking forward to one of his episodes, they always have something touching in them. Plus, Meifa's story was very nice, nothing exceptional since it has been done many, many times, but the execution was very good. It wasn't one of Cowboy Bebop's best episodes but I really liked it nonetheless.
Jul 19, 2021 2:07 PM
Apr 2021
I liked this episode very much. Meifa reminds me of my crush
Jul 27, 2021 8:52 PM

Jun 2019
I'm honestly baffled that the reception to this episode was so weak, I think it's actually one of the better ones so far. Certainly beats the shitty clown episode at least.

Meifa had a cute design, and I think she worked pretty well when paired with Jet. He's also (probably) my favorite character so far, so it's always nice to see more of him.

The comedy wasn't side-splitting, but it did keep me smiling and elicit a few chuckles.

And I was actually somewhat engaged in the mystery. It was fairly predictable, but I still think it was well executed and the ending was sweet.
Nov 20, 2021 11:27 AM

Sep 2016
This felt like such a pointless episode. No substantial character development, and a boring plot. Sympathy for the devil was pretty bad, but at least it was memorable and kind of entertaining. I just watched this episode and I'm already having trouble remembering this and that... Pretty forgettable episode.
Nov 20, 2021 11:31 AM

Sep 2016
AlexanderHD said:
Screw everyone in this forum for complaining lol. Jet is a fricking awesome character. Totally underrated and probably one of my favorites. He's almost superior to Spike for Pete sake. (In terms of intellect, responsibility, and socialness.) People said not much happened in the episode, and they're right... but this episode was at least simple and easy to follow unlike other ones. I'll agree that it wasn't the BEST episode but it was just fine. In fact that's why I'm here in the first place... just to remind everyone how awesome Jet is.

I loved the very last line in the episode. About how nothing changes except the fact that he now no longer reads the fortune telling sections in magazines. That classic Cowboy Bebop charming dialogue.

Jet is my favorite character in the series. And that's the reason this episode went from "mediocre" to "bad" in my book. Every episode that was centered around Jet, in some way, was a banger in every aspect, but this episode was so forgettable, bland, and pointless, that I'm baffled, in a way, for them having Jet tell this boring story.
Dec 2, 2021 11:31 PM

Aug 2021
I enjoyed this episode. Sure, it's not the best one, but it's not the worst either, in my opinion. A lot of people say that Meifa's history is dull, but I feel like that's the case with most side characters, seeing as CB is episodic. I still liked her as a character though.

Anyway, what's pretty funny about this episode to me is how the entire crew goes out of their way to entertain a random girl's dreams. It just conveys how driftless their lives all are. Jet didn't even believe in feng shui for most of the episode, but he decided to go on this little "treasure hunt" with Meifa because it felt like something new in his life, for once. He probably viewed it as some pseudo-adventure, and being with Meifa gave him a feeling of youth again. It also reinforced how kind Jet actually is.

The ending was nice, too. Meifa, who had been longing to see her father all this time, gets to have one final farewell, and finally understands and forgives him. And so, she can move on with her life. It's also ironic how feng shui actually seems real. Overall, this episode is refreshing, and conveys CB's usual themes of life's driftlessness, nostalgia, irony, and endless search for meaning.
Dec 11, 2021 10:41 AM
Nov 2020
This episode along with 8 and 23 are the most underrated episodes of the series for me.
Nov 17, 2022 11:01 PM

Aug 2019
Interesting episode
Dec 5, 2022 8:08 PM
Apr 2017
I love the villain in this episode and the story behind him and how he is just a baby in mans body.
Jun 4, 2023 7:59 PM
Apr 2020
This was okay i guess, nothing special
Jun 11, 2023 3:53 PM

Oct 2021
Did Jet really snap that guy's neck? It feels somewhat out-of-character for him to mercilessly kill someone like that.

And then Spike somehow shooting that small rock in space. 
Jul 9, 2023 1:40 AM
Jul 2023
3.75/5 - A nice little story of Jet and his mission to bring his girlfriend, daughter, or sister, closure with her father.
Sep 18, 2023 7:18 PM

Nov 2014
Noticeably ugly episode by CB standards, rather limited animation and many off-model shots of the cast.
Sep 24, 2023 4:02 AM

Sep 2017
meh ship tease with jet and the girl.

something something blackhole daddy issues. how the fuck this episode is great.

also chinese weebo feng shui references

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Dec 4, 2023 9:03 AM

Feb 2023
Not quite my least favorite episode of the series, because it wasn't as boring as some of the earlier episodes, but still one of the worst. The ending was especially bad, and made the entire episode pointless. It was especially disappointing because the previous episode was so good.
ForgotEyeWasHereDec 4, 2023 9:06 AM
Mar 10, 3:41 PM

Jun 2021
Perla Liberatori <3 just two beautiful words and this episode is already good enough. Meifa is a good girl and i'm sad she discovered her father to be still alive just for the brief time of a final message and then passing away for real. Her bonding with Jet was nice to watch (the double joke about ice creams, lol) and it was cool by him to ban smoking when she was on board (seriously Spike and Faye, turn it off at least in such a moment).
Apr 15, 1:26 PM
Aug 2013
Reply to PrimeX
So Jet thinks he's more of the "boyfriend" because he's not that old... man, that thought never crossed my mind.. the kid was obviously a minor and he looks like he's in his 40's
@PrimeX someone finally said itšŸ˜­ the way I looked at my partner when Jet dropped that line
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Metty - May 14, 2008

624 by savvyOW »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

FighterZ - May 2, 2008

133 by ItachiSanStatus »»
Apr 29, 4:10 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

132 by RioFS »»
Apr 26, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

FighterZ - May 14, 2008

183 by FunniMonkey69 »»
Apr 25, 5:33 PM

Poll: » Cowboy Bebop Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KillthisAccount - Jul 23, 2009

116 by RioFS »»
Apr 25, 5:00 PM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.