Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 10, 2015 6:54 PM

Apr 2014
I had a deck of cards like that, and that's how we would play too.
---------My Profile------------
Jun 20, 2015 2:00 PM

Apr 2015
Pretty boring first episode but I have good exeptations for the next ones.
Bruh check out my soundcloud
https://soundcloud.com/wal-skynner

" Becoming an adult means hating milk chocolate and loving brocolis. "

~ Wal Skynner
Oct 11, 2015 6:29 AM

May 2015
Haven't we all commit murder with our friends at one point or another?
"It's a tragic misunderstanding that could have been easily avoided if he just finished his sentence in time!"

— Richard Watterson (The Amazing World of Gumball)
Oct 16, 2015 11:49 AM

Aug 2012
The red-headed girl gets the prize of the most annoying voice. The prize is a strike to the head with a bat.
That singing in the ending was damn awful.
Nov 27, 2015 10:10 PM

Mar 2013
After the murder scene, this progressed in a really warm mood but as expected, the atmosphere got darker and darker towards the end. I'm really concerned about Rena and Mion responses when Keiichi asked for the murders.
This show actually has an horror aura and the pace seems to be doing well. The girls look like they hide something, plus the ending was super creepy so I'm really interested to see how this is going to develop from now on.
Dec 10, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2015
The underage characters and voice acting are really annoying. Is this really horror? I hope this isn't just a hack everyone to death anime. Came to this after watching "Another" and I'm just not feeling the creepy vibe. I'll give series another episode, but I can't seem to take it seriously with all this cute art style.
Dec 28, 2015 7:53 PM

Sep 2015
This anime looks demonic as fffff... I sense some evil shit coming up.

Good 1st episode.
I'm guessing that the suspense is strong with this one.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 17, 2016 1:50 AM

Dec 2015
I'm not fooled by those cute little girls. Something's fishy.
Apr 10, 2016 1:06 PM
Apr 2016
this is my second time watching this anime, I can't remember that much but I'm scared to rewatch it because of some scenes that might take me by surprise
Sep 13, 2016 3:34 PM
Jun 2016
It's the anime I was looking for!!
Nov 3, 2016 1:09 PM

Jan 2016
Very boring start. Please don't tell me it's gonna be a 10+ episodes of build up
Aug 30, 2017 12:00 PM

May 2015
That card game. :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Apr 2, 2018 11:07 PM

Sep 2017
Well, damn. This reminds me of the horror of Mirai Nikki. Not that I am complaining.

And the girls were so cute but creepy. Rena was extra kawaii. I hope MC doesn't get stuck in a harem.

Looks like the MC wiped the black mark off way before he went home. He broke the promise LOL.

Also, who was he killing in the beginning?

Those girls don't play fair after all. Also, I hope the MC becomes remarkable in the class of 15.

Why did they cut the body into 6 parts? We met only 4 girls after all.

Nice first episode. Good animation in ED.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

Jun 13, 2019 6:55 AM
Apr 2016
Good lord they're living in quite the god forgotten place, literally there's not even a proper school. The girls are fishy, I presume they're the culprits, of course there's probably going to be more to this. The atmosphere is amazing, it's so uneasy. Loving this so far.
Sep 23, 2019 7:46 PM
Apr 2019
Not what i expected been suggested this as a gory anime and apart from that i had nothing else to go by, so was thrown off by the art style and characters designs. From the first scene and the last can tell that the gore and blood will come later. I dont mind if it has a slow build up as i feel it help build the tension and make it more dramatic when the S**t hits the fan.
Dec 30, 2019 2:17 AM

Dec 2013
Oh the first scene is going to haunt me. But I like how it contradicts most of the scenes about their carefree daily lives.

I wonder what will happen tho, cute girls can be really scary

★━━─
𝘏𝘰𝘸 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘐 𝘣𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘵?
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘐 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘥𝘢𝘺?

Mar 30, 2020 11:08 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Yup, this is a trap. False sense of security ultimately crushed by cute girls, I have never been good with horror shows honestly but I’m kind of looking to seeing where this is going.

Gee, that scene before the Op though! Both the girls battered in his very room? Is the whole village a bunch of murderers? Why even bother coming to a sketchy town like this? And obviously more...

Next episode’s title is a real eye-opener, are we going to see that mystery unravel already? I’m betting it’ll just be a part of it and the remaining through the course of the show but let’s see.

Watching this mainly because of the remake coming soon. I have a feeling Passione will not do it justice so I want to experience this beforehand to not ruin it. I’ve seen a ton of praise for this, after all.
_MushiRock11_Mar 30, 2020 11:11 PM
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Apr 23, 2020 11:44 PM

Feb 2018
The OP theme was so crazy... Creepy theme.
May 15, 2020 10:45 AM
Oct 2019
Well I'll be damned.

It started off all childish and cartoonish. I was questioning the show's rating and why I was even bothering watching it.

Then about half way in it got unexpectedly sinister. And by the end of the episode I became suspicious af of these creepy little girls.

Nice 180. I'm really looking forward to seeing how this plays out.
May 24, 2020 10:02 AM

May 2018
It's time to slice 'n' dice
Jun 24, 2020 6:49 PM

Apr 2020
Dang. What a trap episode.
Jul 7, 2020 6:57 PM

Aug 2018
It was cute at first but its getting dark....

Jul 14, 2020 8:17 AM

May 2016
This ride gonna be scary af for me, girls with big eyes and axes...RIP my heart.
Jul 23, 2020 7:17 AM

Aug 2013
With that kind of intro at the beginning, it's definitely a trap.

I haven't watch that many horror series so I'm looking forward to this. The main reason I'm watching this is because of the new project that will air this fall.

Jul 23, 2020 7:42 AM

Feb 2020
not the most interesting episode sometimes boring at some parts.

but you can definitely tell something's happened (obviously) lmao. rena is so cute then her at the end holding an axe wow..

i wanted to be on board with everyone else because of the remake so let's see how this goes :D
Sep 3, 2020 8:17 AM

Apr 2013
So the infamous Higurashi... let's see what this has to offer. The art is really quite bad, as expected from Deen.
Sep 12, 2020 6:00 PM

Sep 2017
Just started watching the anime before the 2020 version airs

This first episode was quite boring, but it has a few hints of what's going to happen next
Hope I'll appreciate the 2nd episode more
Oct 1, 2020 11:19 AM
Apr 2016
Rewatched this episode today before watching the new Higurashi. Damn the nostalgia!! I loved how they referenced the "card game" of this episode in the new one!
Oct 1, 2020 5:15 PM

Aug 2016
They added many things in the new one that was not in this chapter, Rika never appeared in the end.
Oct 4, 2020 5:24 AM

Jan 2020
After watching the first episode of the new remake, I became inclined to finish the original adaptation first. And now, here I am!

I have to say there were quite a few changes in the remake. I like this one more, though. It feels a lot creepier to me.

The opening song sounds really ominous, especially the beginning. The ending song is kinda disastrous, though, because of its weirdly pronounced English lyrics.
IrrelevantGuyOct 7, 2020 4:04 AM
Oct 22, 2020 2:15 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
At these point, i might be suspect Rena all along for being suspicously nervous me so much in this first episode. Congratulations with your innocence, i was already doubting myself about the mystery existencies. By knewing the synopsis had some kind of supernatural thingy, it might led Keiichi into realized that the all murderer thing should be connect into that kind of anonymous power. Was that right? This is my first impression and my first glimpse to understand better the 2020 version. So, forgave me if i had some wrong sentence xD.

But seriously, this first one already scared me so much like in hell. But, i must be strong. That damn visualization, and how comical their expression were, at least gave me a break, before storm hit me, like that first few second surprise motherfucker xD.

Finger crossed, and let the higurashi told me the folkstale!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Oct 23, 2020 12:08 AM

Oct 2016
Well after episode 4 of the Higurashi 2020, I just can't handle it anymore and decided to watch the original. I gotta say there are some noticeable differences though it is mostly the same except for the end and the game they played.

Well I hope I can finish the whole original series before the next episode if I could, if not at least the first season. I can already tell that I'll probably be more scared in this version than the new one because of the gritty art style.
Nov 3, 2020 5:07 PM

Nov 2012
I read the Higurashi manga quite a few years ago and never got around to watch it's anime. Actually that's a lie, I tried the anime once but dropped it due to it's artsyle (still don't like the artstyle of it but I'll push through that small issue).

I can only vaguely recall a few things from the manga so I'll try to be observant about the way certain characters act and for clues and hints. Any good mystery anime should make you want to piece things together before they reveal said revelations and such.
Nov 24, 2020 8:35 AM
Aug 2020
meh episode. too many comedy sketches, i nearly cringeppuku myself
Nov 28, 2020 4:08 PM

Apr 2020
what a cheerful slice of life anime

Mar 8, 2021 1:56 AM

May 2020
Wow that episode had me really me at the edge of my seat during the suspenseful scenes. The contrast between the cheery, lighthearted scenes and the darker, foreboding scenes creates this really interesting dynamic. I really wonder what Rena and Mion are hiding, and I already get the feeling that things are about to get really, really bad.
Apr 18, 2021 12:54 AM

Jun 2020
Definitely misleadingly cute.......but I really can’t stand all these cutesy voice work & always takes getting used to. My ears HURT

Damn those cicadas. Just iconic.

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 4, 2021 10:20 AM

Jan 2019
(English) I was really looking forward to revisiting Higurashi, so I hope it will be as good an experience as I had with the game franchise and the anime itself. It is one of my favorites, after all.

Keichi is suspicious of some of Rena and Mion's attitudes, about a dark past of Hinamizawa. The mysterious village seems to have suffered so much that the residents apparently want to forget about the past few years.

I confess that it is quite nostalgic and pleasurable to watch these moments again. Onikakushi certainly has a lot more to offer.

----------

(Português) Eu estava com muita vontade de rever Higurashi, então espero que seja uma experiência tão boa quanto eu tive com a franquia de jogos e com o próprio anime. É um dos meus favoritos, afinal.

Keichi suspeita de algumas atitudes de Rena e Mion, sobre um passado obscuro de Hinamizawa. A vila misteriosa parece ter sofrido tanto que os moradores aparentemente querem esquecer dos últimos anos.

Confesso que é bem nostálgico e prazeroso assistir estes momentos de novo. Onikakushi com certeza tem muito mais a oferecer.
Sep 30, 2021 1:37 PM

Jan 2013
Well that wasn't ominous at all, whenever asked they'd just suddenly stop doing what they were doing and flat out deny it.

For a second I thought the Kenta doll would be the body the photographer was talking about.
Dec 6, 2021 12:35 PM

Jun 2020
Wow! This episode had a feel like this is just the calm before the storm. Good opening episode.

Dec 20, 2021 7:25 PM
Dec 2017
oh to those who thought this was a cute sol.

May 28, 2022 1:45 PM
Nov 2020
Looking at the genres, such a wholesome and pleasant anime. Looking forward to it
May 30, 2022 2:24 PM

Dec 2018
seems like a really good hook, i'm in!
Aug 2, 2022 11:12 AM

Feb 2021
Holy shit, the opening scene was brutal

OP is alright, doesn't really suit my tastes

Is it just me or does Rena kinda sound a bit annoying lol? It's way too shrill and squeaky.

Damn, Rena did the "waku-waku" way before Anya lmao

Looks like the photographer was right. A heinous crime did take place here. I think the Hinamizawa people killed some govt. official and that's why they don't talk about it and keep it under wraps.

Where tf did Rena get such a big meat cleaver kinda blade? Pretty sus of Mion and Rena to not talk about the crime.

The ED is really good

Feb 24, 2023 5:39 PM

Dec 2009
I completed the visual novel on the first of January 2022, and have been postponing on watching the anime adaptions for so long.
I guess because I know what to expect and am eager to see the best scenes, knowing the buildup is a little slow, and because I wanted to binge it in one sitting of a few days. 

As much as I love the experience of mystery, horror, theorizing, wondering and being mindfucked or shocked on several occasions after learning more,
even though I came to like the non-horror aspect, I always thought there was too much of slice of life comic relief. 

I've come to accept it though, because at the end of the day, they're kids simply wanting to have fun,
but seeing this comedic chibi art-style and overload of comedy is a bit annoying while waiting for the horrors that's about to start.
Although some moments in the visual novel are funny, I never fully loved the overused comic relief of Higurashi. It gets boring. 

Regardless, I'm looking forward to finally expriencing the anime and rereading the original scenes in comparison. 
Mar 12, 2023 7:51 PM
Mar 2023
Seems a bit boring at first, but I have a feeling shit's gonna hit the fan quickly.
AmylMar 12, 2023 8:17 PM
May 7, 2023 12:14 PM
Nov 2021
pkınljmfdngşkdnfgklj
Jun 25, 2023 3:01 AM

Dec 2020
oh wow what a start. im finally hopping on this one and its really good so far. all the characters are pretty interesting, but rena makes me uncomfy..something about her energy
Feb 4, 12:14 AM

Nov 2023
Great the intro ruined everything
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 14, 2008

147 by CutieAnshin »»
May 11, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tekky99 - Mar 14, 2008

268 by walgreenscanada »»
Apr 13, 9:49 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

171 by Extremo888 »»
Mar 27, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 17, 2008

210 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 12:08 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

mitsukuni07 - Feb 16, 2008

142 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Mar 21, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.