Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 13, 2009 4:24 AM
Jan 2009
ClearSinz said:
OMG that was dam , unbelievable!
XD that Snake Leader lady got a COLLATERAL XD
and also this reminds me of Resident Evil , having to do with the viruses XD
Dam if only i had decided to take a taxi ride in China....

Who have played 428 knows that viruses actually. They're just

Jul 13, 2009 5:10 AM

Apr 2009
AddleBoy said:
Lol That taxi driver is probably my favorite character at this point. Too bad he probably won't be in anymore episodes. D=

I like how they mixed the comedy with the action. That car chase just made me literally lol.

Indeed - epic character ^^

Jul 13, 2009 5:24 AM
Jan 2009
funny Maria who somehow seems chill the whole time ahahahaha!!!

btw can anyone explain the bloody room scene and the call to kill off someone on the phone with the two guys with switchblades?? o_O
Jul 13, 2009 5:37 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode, <3 Canaan the old guy got completely owned :3
The first scene with Alphard and Qi Ling was also completely badass though.

And as others have said, the taxi driver is just awesome. I cracked up when he and Maria started to sing that Idol song.
Jul 13, 2009 5:57 AM

Jun 2008
Good episode. It had a nice mix with comedy and action.
Jul 13, 2009 6:50 AM

Feb 2009
This episode sucked, I didn't like it. There isn't enough serious stuff.

AlexstratzJul 13, 2009 7:00 AM
Jul 13, 2009 7:04 AM

Aug 2008
Forever said:
That taxi driver was one of the most awesome support characters I've ever seen. So ridiculously cool.
qft
Jul 13, 2009 7:17 AM

Jun 2008
awesome episode with a few funny moments, im loving this anime so far cant wait to see more.
Jul 13, 2009 7:29 AM

Jul 2009
OMG!
Such an awesome mix of action, complex plot and comedy.
Other than the fight between the old man and Canaan and the awesome high speed karaoke taxi drive, Minoru literally droolling over the huge "meat buns" was hilarious.
If they have more eps like this, I will seriously consider looking up new words on a thesaurus to replace the word "awesome".

Jul 13, 2009 7:46 AM

Dec 2007
Awesome episode. Haven't seen something like this in a while.
Jul 13, 2009 8:15 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Crazy action, gta style anime. xD

That was an entertaining episode. I'm glad the waitress girl doesn't actually have those monster boobs. Makes her only more awesome. Hope we get to see more of her.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 13, 2009 8:24 AM

Feb 2008
That was pretty damn cool. Stille love the character design and the overall animation.
But lol, there are just Volkswagen on the roads. They must've some kind of contract. XD
cyruz said:
I'm glad the waitress girl doesn't actually have those monster boobs.

I'd feel like ordering two meat buns. ° 3 °

Hooray for catgirls! Nya~
Jul 13, 2009 8:54 AM
Dec 2007
That's it PA Works and Ando-san, show them how a "girls with guns" show is done ! The direction and animation are just one or two levels above anything that has ever been done in a TV series (except for Higashi no Eden of course), even if the script is messy as Hell. A fantastic action show for sure.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jul 13, 2009 9:14 AM

Oct 2008
Chinese Style, High Tension! *laugh*

The Snakes..

Canaan

Considering that this series has nothing to do with the well-known Naru-verse, this is pretty awesome!! CANAAN is currently my favorite series of this season.
Jul 13, 2009 9:34 AM
Mar 2008
Great.
These guys managed to delude me that I was finally going to see a serious spy/action anime with an interesting female lead for a grand total of... 30 minutes.
Then, at five minutes into the second episode, we start getting jokes that wouldn't look out of place in Transformers and a cab driver with a camouflaged Lagann.
All intermixed with the serious action scenes.

I still can't really believe this.
Am I supposed to empathize with the journalist (who quite sensibly says "are you all out of your damn mind?" like every 2 minutes) like Haruhi viewers should empathize with Nagato in the Endless Eight?

Ridiculous....
Jul 13, 2009 11:31 AM

Aug 2007
LMFAO.

That was the coolest taxi driver ever.
but it felt really redicilous that Canaan could evade all those bullets, is this a shounen?...
Jul 13, 2009 12:07 PM

Dec 2007
i'm really starting to enjoy this anime. this episode was amazing.

the taxi driver asking how would a normal cab get off of the top of a building was so funny xD
Jul 13, 2009 12:11 PM

Feb 2008
This show is fucking awesome.
Jul 13, 2009 12:24 PM

May 2008
I really liked this episode. That old man firing his machine gun off is crazy xD The action scenes are just...amazing. Normally I don't usually go for the whole 'gun type' anime, but this is something different. It sort of reminds me of Ga Rei Zero in a way, but this is more epic.

Jul 13, 2009 12:35 PM

Dec 2008
Lol epic taxi drive XD.
Wish all taxi drivers were like that.
Jul 13, 2009 12:44 PM

Apr 2009
The male photographer is lame. Maria is awesome. The taxi driver was the best character in the episode.

Why didn't the old man with the Uzi bleed to death? No sunlight? Wasn't is dark for the other guy in ep 1?
Jul 13, 2009 12:44 PM

Mar 2008
Wonderful episode, intense action and interesting story. The boobs groping was really funny, i loved her little scream ^^
Jul 13, 2009 1:25 PM
May 2008
oh God I love this anime so much already
And did Canaan use Mystic Eyes of Death Perception?
Jul 13, 2009 1:52 PM

Jun 2009
Another great episode. Lol @ meat buns part xD
Jul 13, 2009 1:58 PM

Oct 2007
This has become my favourite anime of the season <3
Jul 13, 2009 3:10 PM

Feb 2008
I really, really like Canaan and the leader of the snakes. If they worked together they could definitely be a force to be reckoned with. I'm interested to find out why they're so interested in killing each other and how this virus comes into play.
Jul 13, 2009 4:06 PM

Jul 2008
SO FUCKING BADASS.
This anime has great potential, I just love the art and the animation. Canaan is amazing, she's so beautiful and she's flat. I'm tired of badass women always having huge boobs, Canaan has been proving otherwise.

Other than that, the waitress' boobs joke was pulled off well. I loved the taxi driver to death.
Looking forward to episode 3, even though I hate catgirls...
Jul 13, 2009 4:30 PM
Jul 2009
this ep had a lot more action in it. the mystery element also helps propel this along....but somehow, i find it lacking of SOMETHING i dunnoe what. maybe emotional atatchment to the characters? well anyway this is one of the better animes this season
Jul 13, 2009 4:36 PM

Jul 2009
Embah said:
SO FUCKING BADASS.
This anime has great potential, I just love the art and the animation. Canaan is amazing, she's so beautiful and she's flat. I'm tired of badass women always having huge boobs, Canaan has been proving otherwise.

Other than that, the waitress' boobs joke was pulled off well. I loved the taxi driver to death.

Exatly my thoughts, man xDDD. FLAT CHEST FTW !!!! & Canaan is so DELICIOUSLY FLAT too, hmmmm..... YUMMY xd :d

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 13, 2009 4:42 PM

Jul 2009
Ex14 said:
this ep had a lot more action in it. the mystery element also helps propel this along....but somehow, i find it lacking of SOMETHING i dunnoe what. maybe emotional atatchment to the characters? well anyway this is one of the better animes this season

It lacks something? You sure? Of course, it lacks Liang Qi !!!! this show needs more Liang Qi torturing me...er people around her with rubber bullets xDDD

Otherwise, hope more badasses dudes appear soon besides the taxi dude in this ep, Santana & the badass spikey haired guy whom Canaan was stalking in the OP ;) Also, the reporter couple can die any day now, got so tired of their annoyance :(

Jul 13, 2009 4:43 PM

Aug 2008
....A Fortune Cat? Haha. That's hilarious! xD Btw where did the blood come from in Maria's room? ._.

Yunyun, needed big ass meat buns to make her look more bigger. Hehe. How do you even get a huge meat bun like that!?
TranHereJul 13, 2009 4:46 PM
Jul 13, 2009 5:12 PM
May 2009
This episode was good, I agree - but what was with that boy saying 'Brother' after the old man got killed by Canaan?? Seriously. I don't understand that.
Jul 13, 2009 5:17 PM

Jul 2008
abrasicu said:
Embah said:
SO FUCKING BADASS.

Exatly my thoughts, man xDDD. FLAT CHEST FTW !!!! & Canaan is so DELICIOUSLY FLAT too, hmmmm..... YUMMY xd :d

I'd go lesbian for Canaan.

Rewatched the episode just for lulz. STILL AS BADASS AS THE FIRST TIME. HOLY SHIT.
Jul 13, 2009 5:28 PM

Feb 2008
Turbe said:
Oh the bystanders actually noticed the fighting... :O

How the heck was the old man that died the brother to the partner.. their age difference was by so much..

He wasn't, his brother was probably the one that brainwashed the old guy and sent them to Shanghai. Pretty sure the old guy was an important diplomat of some sort though, so we'll probably hear more about him later.

shad0wxpn0yy said:
funny Maria who somehow seems chill the whole time ahahahaha!!!

btw can anyone explain the bloody room scene and the call to kill off someone on the phone with the two guys with switchblades?? o_O

I'm guessing it was the maid and they mistook her for Maria, but idk for sure

Anyone else reminded of Action Man when they see Canaan use here eyes?

waitress/gun booth girl reminds me of female lead from Samurai Champloo, hope we see more of her :)
Jul 13, 2009 5:47 PM
Jul 2009
abrasicu said:
Ex14 said:

It lacks something? You sure? Of course, it lacks Liang Qi !!!! this show needs more Liang Qi torturing me...er people around her with rubber bullets xDDD

Otherwise, hope more badasses dudes appear soon besides the taxi dude in this ep, Santana & the badass spikey haired guy whom Canaan was stalking in the OP ;) Also, the reporter couple can die any day now, got so tired of their annoyance :(

I dun wan the reporter gal to die. well she can't die so fast seeing that she has a major role in this anime...

Yea taxi driver was badass. wondering how he got the taxi off the roof though
Jul 13, 2009 5:50 PM

Aug 2008
Embah said:
I'd go lesbian for Canaan.

Who wouldn't? Haha xD Well I would. Maybe. Maybe just bi.

Ex14 said:
abrasicu said:

I dun wan the reporter gal to die. well she can't die so fast seeing that she has a major role in this anime...

Yea taxi driver was badass. wondering how he got the taxi off the roof though

Maria should never die. :) I think Canaan X Maria go well perfectly. The guy can die but the not girl.
TranHereJul 13, 2009 5:53 PM
Jul 13, 2009 6:06 PM

Dec 2008
Amazing fight scenes were amazing. holy god. Hope they can keep up the quality for all eps.
Jul 13, 2009 6:10 PM

Aug 2008
I liked this episode a lot better than the first. That out of the way, here's some speculation: Someone is manufacturing some kind of drug to make normal people gain super senses comparable, but not exactly like those with synesthesia.

I think that's what that scar means, but beyond that, I'm totally clueless about the direction of the show. Fun ride though.
Jul 13, 2009 6:35 PM
Jul 2009
Miccool said:
Amazing fight scenes were amazing. holy god. Hope they can keep up the quality for all eps.

Agreed the fight scenes are really well done
Jul 13, 2009 7:35 PM

Jul 2009
Kallen_R2 said:
Maria should never die. :) I think Canaan X Maria go well perfectly. The guy can die but the not girl.

Well, Maria can like, love, obssessed about Canaan all she want but you cant deny the fact that her smexy Yuri love might not be mutual. Just look at how Canaan stalk the tall dude in the OP for about > 4 sec, like she gonna RAEP him at any moment & you will not what I mean ;)

Jul 13, 2009 8:37 PM

Jun 2008
The crazy taxi driver was like. Let's jump off a roof top !! yay !! :D. And how they landed I thought it was a little farfetched but nya~ whatever hahaha lol.
Jul 13, 2009 8:42 PM

Jul 2009
Anyone here FAP to the taxi driver yet? I know I did, came lots of buckets over his AWSOMENESS & its worth it :D

Jul 13, 2009 8:50 PM
Jul 2009
abrasicu said:
Anyone here FAP to the taxi driver yet? I know I did, came lots of buckets over his AWSOMENESS & its worth it :D

u are one hardcore dude XDD
Jul 13, 2009 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
Awww poor old man. I was becoming quite fond of his insanity. :( And yay for Canaan-awesomeness~ I love her, even though Alphard is my favorite. <333
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2009 9:16 PM

Jan 2008
Oh my God. The ride with the insane Chinese Taxi Driver was the friggin Best!
Jul 13, 2009 10:31 PM

Jul 2007
This episode was even more entertaining than the first. The crazy taxi driver was indeed awesome.
Jul 13, 2009 11:49 PM

Jan 2009
That was an intense episode. Im glad they started to explain some more stuff about Maria. That stuff about her getting infected and then having amnesia was pretty interesting. I'm still confused as fuck about a lot of things though, like who the heck is narrating during certain scenes, like the one where Alphard is hanging from the helicopter. Well I geuss thats reason enough to keep watching

Oh and of course that taxi driver was ridiculus... in a good way of course.

I was just confused about one thing, who did they kill in Maria's hotel room. I mean, whose blood was that?
Jul 14, 2009 12:56 AM
Mar 2009
I now want to become a taxi driver after watching this episode.
HaiShangJul 14, 2009 1:41 AM
Jul 14, 2009 1:08 AM

Jun 2009
As of this episode, I am seriously anticipating Canaan every week. Whoever said there isn't any good shows this summer probably hasn't seen this.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 14, 2009 2:05 AM

Feb 2009
Loved the taxi driver, cool dude

What the hack was that cat-woman thing?
ComedianJul 14, 2009 5:58 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Which episode is this clip from?

Kitsune_089 - May 4

4 by Kitsune_089 »»
May 4, 8:03 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Samu-tan - Sep 26, 2009

258 by SD86 »»
Oct 17, 2023 2:03 PM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 19, 2009

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 11:36 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ShanaFlame - Sep 12, 2009

160 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 10:47 AM

Poll: » CANAAN Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

HawthorneKitty - Sep 5, 2009

142 by MizuhoKamui »»
Jul 9, 2023 9:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.