Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2009 2:46 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Episode 1 is out . . . Please avoid game spoilers . . .
Jul 5, 2009 4:36 PM

Jun 2008
Does anyone know who is subbing this?
I checked around I saw Saikyo and AQS was planning on it, but nothing.

Thanks!!
- Noblesse Oblige -

And I'm saying a prayer for the desperate heart's tonight

Jul 6, 2009 8:45 AM

Feb 2008
Opening & Ending was quite ok, nothing special about it.
First episode was averages but looking forward to see on the 2nd episode when Teppei going his first day on the private school.
Isshin forced him to become success in Arima groups, what do you expect? I have seen this before somewhere.

One Genres is forgot here is Romance, it's pretty obviously if you have seen the title.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 6, 2009 3:27 PM

May 2007
Not as bad as I thought, especially since I really don't like harem anime.

But because most of the staff for this was involved in Shugo Chara, it was kind of strange and funny to watch. And Sylvia = Saber. xD
Jul 6, 2009 4:02 PM

Feb 2008
Mariem said:
And Sylvia = Saber. xD

One of my first thoughts, Saber with a large chest.....
Jul 6, 2009 7:29 PM

Feb 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
Damn. No-one subbing? It looks pretty good. The groups must be turned off by the harem full of big boobs.

Summer 2009 Project? (recruiting TLs) - again we are looking to pick up one new TV series, Princess Lover! based on the PC game by Ricotta Soft.
loplopJul 6, 2009 7:37 PM
Jul 7, 2009 2:18 AM

May 2008
Blackbird said:
Opening & Ending was quite ok, nothing special about it.
First episode was averages but looking forward to see on the 2nd episode when Teppei going his first day on the private school.
Isshin forced him to become success in Arima groups, what do you expect? I have seen this before somewhere.

One Genres is forgot here is Romance, it's pretty obviously if you have seen the title.

Nicely said ^^
Jul 7, 2009 4:45 AM

Nov 2008
The opening looks really nice in my opinion, and I have a feeling that this is going to be a good one for those that enjoy harem romance/comedies. I just had a brief glimpse at the start before the English subtitles come out, and the opening minutes give off a good vibe. First impressions are more often right than wrong in regards to anime.
http://www.youtube.com/swiftstylez - My AMV's. I would really appreciate any comments and ratings :]

Jul 7, 2009 5:15 AM

Nov 2007
Quality Animation!!
Never really planned to watch this, but oh mine this sure looks good both in picture and story.
Though very typical settings for an adaptation from a bishoujo-game XD

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jul 7, 2009 12:46 PM

Apr 2008
Well time to wait for BD because censorship fails again.
Jul 7, 2009 1:15 PM

Feb 2008
I don't see it bother me without someone subbing it, save it on my harddrive if the anime is good. Doesn't matter if it's raw or it's subbed.

The story progness quite well in the beginning, I feel like I have seem similar anime before and yeah we all know about Teppei is in love with Charlotte and he got his revenges in the end and blabla.
Yeah whatever it just a wild guess here.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jul 7, 2009 3:05 PM

Feb 2008
It's going AT-X Thursday Night, so hopefully we'll see a less censored version . . .
Jul 8, 2009 9:17 AM

Feb 2008
There's a sub out now from Hitode Fansubs . . . .
Jul 8, 2009 10:33 AM
May 2009
Huhm...is it just me, or is the end of this episode really similar to the end of the first episode of Akane iro ni Somaru Saka? Hope the ending will be more agreeable than the latter...
Jul 8, 2009 10:47 AM

Sep 2007
I think i will wait the AT-X version RAW...
And i hope someone take that for subs...
I prefer really AT-X for no censure. XD
Jul 8, 2009 11:41 AM

Apr 2008
ShiroiRyu said:

Agreed, it's not just the fact that it is censored but the censorship is just blotchy random and sticks out like a sore thumb.
Jul 8, 2009 11:59 AM

Jul 2008
Woah. Princess Lover is a nice surprise. The first episode had a good amount of action scenes, which most romance shows don't even have. I wasn't even expecting that this show would have sword dueling or carriage motorcycle chases. And I would have to say this is the best Summer show that I've seen so far.

Plus the main lead seems to know what's going on and he's not one of those indecisive male leads. Reminds me why I loved Asu no Yoichi. We might get something actually good from a dating game for once.
shuffleairJul 8, 2009 12:04 PM
Jul 8, 2009 1:05 PM

Aug 2008
Saber Fan Hossen

This series should be great as it can't get much worse than ep1. Not that I expected much, but punks hijacking a carriage with pipes,hammers... and guns in case of trouble. Tigah please!

Extra lol at fog censorship in daylight outdoors scene.
Jul 8, 2009 2:16 PM

Aug 2008
loplop said:
Mariem said:
And Sylvia = Saber. xD

One of my first tough : SAME

as for the butler : Hayate no gotoku : SAME

Jul 8, 2009 2:22 PM

Nov 2008
looks like the best anime this season, so far
Jul 8, 2009 2:43 PM
Apr 2009
ShiroiRyu said:

agreed too .-.
the large breast is all ready there.. so the ecchi-ness need to be showed and not censored

well hope they'll sub the good version
Jul 8, 2009 2:48 PM

Jul 2009
shuffleair said:

Plus the main lead seems to know what's going on and he's not one of those indecisive male leads. Reminds me why I loved Asu no Yoichi. We might get something actually good from a dating game for once.

Asu no Yoichi ? Please tell me it's a joke, Yoichi was decent alright but whenever it comes to romance, he became the 2nd type of harem male character: the oblivious thickheaded type & those types ended up being indecisive at the end anyway. As for Teppei, he was actually BADASS & doesn't get flushed easily for the first ep, if he keeps being that way til the end, he might end up being one of the best harem lead ever created.
BitchMasterJul 8, 2009 2:54 PM

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jul 8, 2009 3:05 PM

Jul 2008
DAM
few things
Mariem said:
And Sylvia = Saber. xD

YES

Ukato said:

Ya i can see where u getting that from

Finally this anime looks like a pretty good harem
compared to the rest i seen they were like plotless too much ecchi harems
iono i may be judging too early cuz of it's first episode but I am liking what im watching
Jul 8, 2009 3:11 PM

Jan 2009
ehmm.. he's one lucky guy eh? ^^ to be in his shoes.. *dreams away*
anyways, seems like this could be a quite fun series to watch, hopefully it won't take a turn for the worse as I've seen before with similair series : /
also
loplop said:
Mariem said:
And Sylvia = Saber. xD
same here xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 8, 2009 3:26 PM

Feb 2008
shuffleair said:
Woah. Princess Lover is a nice surprise. The first episode had a good amount of action scenes, which most romance shows don't even have. I wasn't even expecting that this show would have sword dueling or carriage motorcycle chases. And I would have to say this is the best Summer show that I've seen so far.

You took the words right off my keypad
Jul 8, 2009 3:29 PM

Feb 2008
well so far its fairly predictable. but it will be fun to watch.
Jul 8, 2009 3:42 PM
Mar 2008
the art looks like shugo chara
Jul 8, 2009 3:47 PM

Jan 2008
...wait the subbed version was censored? o_0 I didn't even notice it ^_^

Thumbs up for me with censorship that's barely noticeable - then again given most of the episode was action it's not surprising.

The original source of the anime is new~ish thankfully so there's a good chance I haven't heard of where the story goes other than the expected generic stuff.
Jul 8, 2009 3:52 PM

Aug 2008
gaarasbff said:
the art looks like shugo chara

Now that you mention it, the art looked very similar. I think the way the eyes are kinda tells all.

Haha, a big chested doppelganger Saber. xD Their outfits are almost the same too....
Jul 8, 2009 4:20 PM
May 2008
Alright first episode and I wasn't expecting anything from this show so that says a lot. I have to agree on the predictable plot but the "accidents" seem to be interesting. So it looks like it will be a fun series so I'll definitely be watching.
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jul 8, 2009 4:24 PM

Jan 2009
NeloDeath said:
I have to agree on the predictable plot but the "accidents" seem to be interesting. So it looks like it will be a fun series so I'll definitely be watching.
this isn't something I've said anything about .. I think xD.. so here goes, predictable - yes, still fun though : D
that's it for me, for now, over and out : 3
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 8, 2009 4:35 PM

Apr 2008
PhantomWings-X88 said:

Thumbs up for me with censorship that's barely noticeable

Suck to be blind.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/08/princess-lover-massacred-by-censors/

Also for reference.
Jul 8, 2009 4:54 PM

Aug 2008
I liked it....a good first episode. A lot of ecchi anime is censored when it first airs. At least there isn't an annoying bat every time *Rosario+Vampire*. Can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.
Jul 8, 2009 5:18 PM

Nov 2007
pretty good. Teppei is pretty cool, it's nice a guy isn't always indecisive and takes action. the princess reminds me of Moka from Rosario Vampire kind of. she's cute but already got rivals it seems. The blonde definitely is like Saber and also rather hot. Looks like we have the maid and a classmate inc next ep. Looks lpromising in a not so promising season.
Jul 8, 2009 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
PLEASE, producers, I beg you, PLEASE leave Teppei & Sylvia alone, DON’T let that annoying Moka…er stupid pink haired girl break them apart, PLEASE. This is one of those rare shows that I really hoped the already established couple win out in the end, if not Sylvia, anybody's fine as long as it's not Pink Girl, remind me SO much of Moka whom I hate SO bad despite her having PINK hair !!!

Jul 8, 2009 5:51 PM

Jul 2008
Loverhina said:
PhantomWings-X88 said:

Thumbs up for me with censorship that's barely noticeable

Suck to be blind.

http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2009/07/08/princess-lover-massacred-by-censors/

Also for reference.
spineslayer said:
I liked it....a good first episode. A lot of ecchi anime is censored when it first airs. At least there isn't an annoying bat every time *Rosario+Vampire*. Can't wait to see what happens in the next episode.

LOL dam i didnt notice i thought it was part of it , and here i thought why was this tagged ecchi?
and yes at least it better than the bats XD
Jul 8, 2009 5:57 PM

Apr 2009
well I enjoyed the first episode. I really didn't expect myself to like it but i do. I really looking forward to the second episode.
Jul 8, 2009 6:16 PM
Apr 2008
Animation looks solid... and that's about it. Most of the animation has been superb this season, and Princess Lover does not fail in terms of excellent animation. However, censorship sucks. Those Japs really love their censorship. :-\
I didn't expect myself to enjoy this series, but after this first episodes my impressions have changed a bit. Not much to say so far, so I'll await the next episode.
Jul 8, 2009 6:52 PM

Apr 2009
abrasicu said:
PLEASE, producers, I beg you, PLEASE leave Teppei & Sylvia alone, DON’T let that annoying Moka…er stupid pink haired girl break them apart, PLEASE. This is one of those rare shows that I really hoped the already established couple win out in the end, if not Sylvia, anybody's fine as long as it's not Pink Girl, remind me SO much of Moka whom I hate SO bad despite her having PINK hair !!!

thanks, that gave me a good laugh.

Saying this is the best might be pushing it but this was unexpectedly good for a harem/ecchi. At least I have something else to watch with CANAAN and Bakemonogatari... just need Zetsubou s3 and S&W II
I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Honestly.
Jul 8, 2009 6:52 PM

Jan 2009
Bouncing boobs, male lead who isn't a wussy. Bouncing boobs, somewhat of a plot started. Bouncing boobs, more bouncing boobs to come. How they handle things when he goes to school, will be imo the make it or break it time...
Jul 8, 2009 7:18 PM

Jun 2007
Sylvia = Saber (Fate Stay Night)
Sekika Houjouin = Rin Tohsaka (Fate Stay Night)
Yuu (the maid) = Alita (Murder princess)

and cant think of anyone for Charlotte yet.

Overall pretty generic episode. Never the less I liked it.
Jul 8, 2009 7:30 PM

Apr 2009
Good, nothing fantastic.
Confucius say man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
Jul 8, 2009 7:37 PM

Apr 2009
interesting enough to warrant a second episode viewing.
Jul 8, 2009 7:48 PM

Apr 2009
Ukato said:
loplop said:
Mariem said:
And Sylvia = Saber. xD

One of my first tough : SAME

Haha yes. Agreed.
Jul 8, 2009 8:12 PM

Nov 2007
wow, the animation is very good, and by animation, i mean BY GOLLY, HOW THEY JIGGLE!
the carriage chase was a bit much though.
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jul 8, 2009 8:13 PM

Nov 2007
DeathfireD said:

easy, charlotte is a tame lala without a tail.
the masochist says "hurt me! hurt me!" the sadist replies "no"
Jul 8, 2009 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
DeathfireD said:

Charlotte? I'm glad that you are still ignorant of certain panties flashing, having-pepperoncino-for-brain vampire that she looks like to & trust me, if you do, you might end up hating every single PINK haired girls XP

Jul 9, 2009 12:44 AM

Aug 2008
DeathfireD said:

My thoughts exactly, but Charlotte reminds me of Moka (Rosario + Vampire)

Jul 9, 2009 1:16 AM
Jun 2008
Anyone knows how long it will take for the uncensored version to be aired?
Jul 9, 2009 1:35 AM

Jul 2008
Darkser said:
Anyone knows how long it will take for the uncensored version to be aired?
It usually takes a few months for dvd releases to come out.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 23, 2009

103 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Dec 25, 2023 10:39 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

loplop - Sep 20, 2009

189 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 9:56 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

loplop - Aug 9, 2009

117 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:48 AM

Poll: » Princess Lover! Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

loplop - Jul 26, 2009

73 by nghuytoan1993 »»
Jan 19, 2023 6:26 AM

» Who does Teppei end up with?

adityasingh2705 - Jul 5, 2021

26 by Taizaki-han »»
Jan 30, 2022 12:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.