Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2009 3:57 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Sakarakouji is bothered by Maya's role in Wuthering Heights. More interesting is the fact that this episode does a fantastic job of showing the duality of an actor. Maya becomes the character she is playing. This is interesting because i've heard of real-life actors who actually do or have done that.

Meanwhile, Maya's co-star seems to have actually fallen in love with her Catherine. But, probably not Maya herself. Also, the play flopped because the younger actors actually upstaged the older ones, LOL.

But, what's this about Maya playing a doll in the next episode?
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 20, 2011 12:42 PM

Sep 2008
insan3soldiern said:
But, what's this about Maya playing a doll in the next episode?

I was wondering this, and thinking that... maybe one of the hardest roles to act is one with no lines or actions at all? After all, it's probably going to be difficult to Maya act out "not acting". If that makes any sense at all.

It's so sad that Maya's talent is almost forcing her to be shunned by the higher-ups and fellow co-stars... ): But geez, isn't it that director's (or whoever he is) own fault for not watching the play beforehand and noticing that the adult actors couldn't keep up with the kid-versions of their characters? Baahh.

Next episode should be interesting. :D And this one was as enjoyable as always~.
Jun 17, 2013 5:12 PM
Jan 2013
Too bad the adult couple didn't step up their game to match the younger couple.

Sakurakouji would be surprised if he knew how much Maya thinks about him.

Next episode, Maya will play a doll. A character without a soul to prepare her for the Scarlet Angel role...
Your mean should be an even bell curve only if you watch every show that comes out. Having a high-slung mean doesn't mean you're rating improperly. It can also mean you're selecting shows well to watch mostly things you enjoy.
Apr 14, 2014 8:30 AM

Aug 2013
Ehh why would that chairman say it's Maya's fault the play is a "failure"? If the other cast members couldn't keep up with Maya, find new members. Why should she lower her level? >__>

Suddenly, the shy and painfully normal girl has two guys who are in love with her. If you count Masumi then she officially has a harem haha.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 8, 2017 3:15 PM
Aug 2014
I have not seen the play, but I think Maya's part was basically the prologue so most of the reviews will be about the adult parts which looked weak in comparison to an unknown actress.

Wonder if Maya will still steal the stage even as a doll.
Dec 2, 2019 11:22 AM

Oct 2015
Maya is awesome, for real!

I mean, she was able to make her co-star to fall in love with her, and make Sakurakouji jealous at the same time. Her acting is on another level, makes me smile all the way. She was also able to upstage the older actors, which is a huge deal. But the play flopped because of her, I guess no one can handle her radiance and exuberance.

Can't wait to see the joint troupe play, and how Maya will handle a motionless role!

How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 7, 2020 9:42 AM

Apr 2018
cmon sakurakouji get ur act together its just a play goddammit
and that other guy ryou he was rolling around sayin cathy! so cringey but it was pretty entertainting i guess, he fell in love with a character lol

Rin Asogi
(RIN: Daughters of Mnemosyne)
Jul 3, 2020 8:42 PM

Aug 2014
Ah, adolescent romance. How fickle and petty, yet naive and sweet it is.

I can't say that I wasn't expecting some silly misunderstandings/drama between Maya and Sakurakouji regarding their relationship. I'm more surprised it hasn't happened until now heheh.

Intrigued to see if Maya can play the doll. Looking forward to more!

Jan 30, 2022 11:01 AM

Feb 2012
Playing a doll she'll learn to be a non-human character, which is required for the Scarlet Angel. Secondly, she'll learn to stay in the sidelines. One of her weaknesses now is that she's trying to shine all on her own. She's quick to react to unexpected situations, but she should learn more acting as a part of an ensemble. In that sense the criticism at the theatre was justified, but it still doesn't make sense that they would abandon her altogether.
Jun 21, 2022 4:01 PM

Oct 2014
I just suddenly realized that this might be a reference to Heath Ledger or I'm forcing that comparison because of the name similarities lmao but Headcliff being stuck in the role and unable to get out reminded me of that.

I would say this episode was interesting. From one perspective, you can say the adults actors couldn't keep up therefore, it should be their fault. On another, it means Maya took too much creative liberty and made the role too intense that ruined the harmony of the overall play with the extra ad-libs she did. And in this case,she does have some faults because she isn't thinking of the flow of the story but rather the character. All in all, she still have room to grow. She is not fit for supportive roles. Supportive roles shouldn't outshine the main leads but the main leads are allowed to outshine everyone else which is why Maya is main lead material.

I really like this episode. It's all about perspective. I enjoyed how Hayami noticed she acted like Heathclif was her favorite. To some, that was "love" to others that was "possession". It gave the play a toxic relationship element despite not intending it.
Dec 2, 2023 2:00 PM
Oct 2020
This was a really well animated episode.

I also liked the audience's reaction to the play.

And Maya's development is great. Her stage presence is both a blessing and a curse.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.