Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2009 3:58 PM

Jan 2008
10/10...although -1 for:
Jul 1, 2009 4:31 PM

Dec 2008
Just as I thought, this was excellent, 10/10 easily XD!
Jul 1, 2009 5:00 PM

Jun 2009
Chimasternmay said:
was good for what they could do in 1 episode. yup.

no. tomoyo chapter was by far better - with the same amount of time

Some good parts were missing

best parts are missing, and best moments remaked.

i've played Clannad, and imho Kyou / Ryou arcs were the best of da best.

weaker than tomoyo chapter. fail :*(
Jul 1, 2009 5:07 PM
Jul 2018
Haha, awesome.

When okazaki agreed to go out with Ryou I thought "Wait, did I mix them up again.. could've sworn the other one was Kyou", but I didn't mess up :)

Then in the park I got big-time School Days flashbacks and a big grin ("Tengoku no okaa-san, please deliver some quality axemurdering in clannad this time" </inner monologue>).

I was hoping Kyou would off herself the whole time, now that would be entertainment (I don't like her, everyone is so obsessed with Kyou when Nagisa is clearly superior ! (That, and I'm a big sadist))

Didn't like the ending... needs more severed heads.
Jul 1, 2009 5:28 PM

Jun 2007
Tomoya is a f*****., any REAL man would had manipulated the twins and fucked both of them behind their backs.

More proof that Clannad is for limp handed effeminate manwomen.
Jul 1, 2009 6:00 PM
Nov 2007
Clannad in wide screen!
Never cared for Ryou, so it was nice to see she didn't get Tomoya.
Jul 1, 2009 7:40 PM

Sep 2008
YOUR WORRIES ARE TOO LUXURIOUS!!!!
XD
but sad with a happy ending like always
this one is the last bit we are going to see of clannad, but it was nice to see it

poor kyou....her hair
tomoya= lucky bastard
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Jul 1, 2009 8:07 PM

Sep 2008
I have liked it enough, Kyou is my favorite character and I have not been upset with this arc by no means, though I there was the well-read one the route in the VN

Also I felt a sorrow for Ryou, but I conform that has not appeared Nagisa xD.

Without doubting it, 10/10
Jul 1, 2009 8:16 PM

Aug 2007
nagisa two time appearance made me nag why wasn't tomoyo in here, too.

and i like it how no one die in the end. C;
Jul 1, 2009 8:17 PM
Jun 2009
is it just me or are those another world episodes better than the main plot?
i probably wouldn't enjoy them quite as much if i wasn't constantly irritated by nagisa's petty hand-wringing.
Jul 1, 2009 8:49 PM
May 2008
spiderexpert said:
is it just me or are those another world episodes better than the main plot?
i probably wouldn't enjoy them quite as much if i wasn't constantly irritated by nagisa's petty hand-wringing.

me too tomoyo and kyou arc is away better than nagisa arc.
Jul 1, 2009 8:54 PM

Apr 2008
sucked sucked sucked ... they cant even stay on the games story line

ichinose has more of a story behind it than this rushed p.o.s. but than again that anime industry is falling because stuff like this is being produce ..... gg :p
Jul 1, 2009 8:59 PM

Aug 2008
It's great, I'm satisfied, and the world has once more become a happy with the return of Clannad... Kind of. But it's still awesome. Now I can't wait for a Kotomi Chapter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2009 9:16 PM
Apr 2009
The OVA actually showed Clannad characters kissing!
Jul 1, 2009 9:20 PM

Oct 2008
it was ok, but pretty half-assed. they sure know how to pack as much melodrama as they possibly can into one episode.
Jul 1, 2009 9:27 PM

May 2008
Well I just finished watching Kyou's Chapter and I must say it was really good, as excepted of course. Though it felt like it was being rushed, just like when they did Tomoyo's Chapter but point is Kyou's Arc was finally animated.

There were two things that I did not like though. First, Kyou cutting off her long hair and making it short does not work for me at all T_T. And second, why did this arc start out in Winter and not in Spring.

Clannad Season 1: Episode 18 was pretty much the starting point to were Kyou and Tomoyo's OVA Arc's took place. I mean, when Tomoya choose Tomoyo instead Nagisa in Tomoyo's Arc, it was still Spring and it felt like it continued were Episode 18 left off if Tomoya decided to date Tomoyo instead, plus it felt more believable but with Kyou's Arc, it was Winter and it felt like Kyou waited a whole another year to tell Tomoya who she feels about him. This might not be a big deal to some but for me, it feels like theres a gap in Kyou's story.

Still, that's not going to change who I feel about Kyou's Arc finally getting animated, it was really great to watch and I enjoyed it, 9/10 ^__^.

P.S. As far as Kyou's and Tomoyo's Arc go, I liked Tomoyo's more. Not because she's my favorite Clannad character but her story felt more like it had real romance to it.
Nara-SamaJul 1, 2009 9:33 PM
Jul 1, 2009 9:27 PM

Jun 2007
Fairly good, but I actually liked the Tomoyo chapter better, despite liking Kyou better as a character... ah well. Good episode. 8/10
Jul 1, 2009 9:30 PM

Jun 2008
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The part where they're sitting on the park bench, and Kyou asks if he wants to practice...is so School Days. I'm part way through the episode now, and I know it's not gonna turn out that way, but it still sent a shiver down my spine.

EDIT: Finished it. Pretty good, but not as good as the Tomoyo episode.
GrmoJul 1, 2009 9:48 PM
Jul 1, 2009 9:30 PM

Feb 2009
from the ova, i 've learnt that, sunohara is a really good guy . Any other guy, i bet they'd just hit on her in that situation , but Sunohara.. You're really good guy
Jul 1, 2009 9:56 PM

Apr 2008
too many fanboys in this thread, this episode sucked
Jul 1, 2009 10:01 PM

Feb 2009
Well first off i gotta say that the animation was as good as always, and i loved that they finally animated the kyou arc, only problem was that it got über rushed. I would have liked to see this over atleast 2 eps, would have been much better and they could've built up the drama between the 3 alot more, didn't really feel sad when tomoya broke up with ryou, because they skipped alot of parts.

But still it was good to finally see clannad again, 7/10 for being way too rushed.

And here's to hoping that the Kotomi arc will be animated aswell :)
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jul 1, 2009 10:18 PM
Jun 2009
The english subs just came out, watching it now ^^
You can watch it here http://anime4s.com/clannad-another-world-kyou-chapter-ova/
Jul 1, 2009 10:28 PM

Apr 2008
animation is good but the concept is bad... want please the fanboys by letting them get hardoffs on tomoyo and kyou when an arc is just an arc and it turns to be one episode...

one episode is nothing its rushed its pointless its boring

the season is better than these "teasers"
Jul 1, 2009 10:41 PM
Jan 2009
ok, since im practically behind when it comes to expressing opinions concerning this episode, i'll try not to repeat everything too much. :p

First off, way too short. Not because I love Kyou so much or anything, but rather, there was not enough plot development. Therefore, not enough impact when it came to the important scenes... which to me, could not be differentiated from the normal ones because of the half-assed job that was put into this. I'm sorry, I love Key/KyoAni and all... but it's just so obvious when one watches this episode. The Tomoyo OVA was MUCH better than this, and I'm not a Tomoyo fanboy in the least.

It's quite apparent that due to the lack of detail/thought/whatever-you-want-to-call-it... it seems that this was just made to appease the Kyou fanboys out there: which is the saddest fact I have to accept. The lack of insight into Tomoya's turmoil really detracted from the potential impact this OVA could've delivered.This episode was: "Ok, Point A happened, fast forward to Point B... and then we're finished."

The rain scene: absolutely ruined. The "revelation" at the end: absolutely anticlimatic. The practice kiss: School Days much?

Despite all the negative aspects I could go on about this episode, I loved Sunohara this episode. It seems he fit right into this episode perfectly, though I wish he could've gotten to psychoanalyze Kyou in the courtyard a little bit more in depth. Also, I liked the little conversation that Kyou and Tomoya had after Kyou's "confession" to Sunohara. Finally, I like the sister flashbacks replacing each other from time to time... provided whatever little impact was offered in the entire episode. As sad as it is, that's all I can say positively about this episode.

Final Verdict: 5/10
Jul 1, 2009 10:53 PM

Apr 2008
the only way they could of fixed this "arc" is to remove it all togethor
Jul 1, 2009 11:24 PM
Apr 2009
Heh, Kyou isn't so bad after all.
Jul 2, 2009 12:01 AM
Jul 2008
after watching the kiss practice, i felt like they gonna remake another chapter of school day :P

but well it's very nice and sad as expected
Jul 2, 2009 12:06 AM

Jan 2009
Well, it's pretty much okay. Not so bad and not so good either. The story seems a little bit too rushed. If you want me to compare this with Tomoyo After, surely Tomoyo After win.

I am a Kyou fan, but this episode is lack of emotional scenes that usually become clannad's trademark. But then again, it's okay.

I'll give 8/10
Jul 2, 2009 12:47 AM

Dec 2007
eh... what the fuck is a generic love triangle doing in Clannad...
Jul 2, 2009 1:17 AM

Jan 2009
Great episode, even though I missed some "after story" development. School Days came to mind from the kissing training scene.
Jul 2, 2009 1:33 AM
Apr 2009
xyakaix said:
Great episode, even though I missed some "after story" development. School Days came to mind from the kissing training scene.
Eww, don't even bring that up.
Jul 2, 2009 4:45 AM

May 2008
this was going way too fast, it took me about 4 hrs just to play a day of the visual novel =.= and that was just the confession

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 2, 2009 5:01 AM

Jan 2009
Bladecatcher said:
xyakaix said:
Eww, don't even bring that up.
Lmfao, Tomoya could have ended like Itou "Mother-Fucker" Makoto.

Hes a nice guy.

EDIT: Tomoya is the nice guy, for those wondering.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Jul 2, 2009 5:16 AM

Nov 2008
I don't kow why but it remind me of School Days.
Girls becoming crazy and doing strange things like cutting their hair because of a guy -__-
HooHiraiBunnyJul 2, 2009 5:43 AM
Jul 2, 2009 5:20 AM

Sep 2008
I really liked it! It has some touching moments that i liked. I'll give it a 8/10. I sure hope Clannad's not over yet T.T
Jul 2, 2009 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
HawthorneKitty said:

Is it me, or does Tomoya look really cool right here.

I was extremely satisfied with the presentation. Well, anything that was Clannad would make me happy, but still! I thought that the necklace date would have been put in somewhere, but I guess it really didn't matter too much, or at least contribute to the ending in any way.

They condensed it beautifully, and yes, no TORCH was a good thing. <3
I'm just sad that this might as well be the end of seeing Clannad extras. The only thing even plausible is Kappei... but... must... kill...

Tomoya always looks cool.
Jul 2, 2009 6:10 AM

Mar 2009
Oh well nothing beats a tsundere <_<
Jul 2, 2009 8:39 AM

Dec 2008
Finally i could see this OVA
Kyou ftw
i loved it xD
Jul 2, 2009 8:56 AM

Mar 2009
Oh well nothing beats a tsundere <_<

You're talking about Tomoya or Kyou?

The OVA was nice, exactly what I expected from a 20 minutes episode.
Jul 2, 2009 9:37 AM

Jan 2009
I'm not gonna say much, but it should've been another episode : o
Well I though that about the Tomoyo chapter too, so yeah xD

Also I can see this as a possible pairing, although I'm a loyal Tomoya x Tomoyo fan : D
And in that scene in the end, a priceless smile from a clearly very happy Kyou when she clung to Tomoya's arm : )
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 2, 2009 10:20 AM

Feb 2008
tomoyo chapter is better.

ryou = bitch

kyou = perfect
Jul 2, 2009 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
Orange-kun said:
tomoyo chapter is better.

ryou = bitch

kyou = perfect

Yes, it is;
She probably is;
And yes, she's quite so
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 2, 2009 10:35 AM

Sep 2007
I was really mad that Tomoyo's and Kyou's arcs were omitted in the series. Now, half of that anger is gone because this episode was just not good and I'm kinda glad it wasn't in the original story. I don't know what they left out from the VN but if the essence of this was just "sisters who didn't want to hurt each other", I don't even want to know. Too shallow compared to the other arcs if you ask me, which is something you should never do. Never ask me anything, it's better for everyone.
Jul 2, 2009 10:40 AM

Mar 2009
Too shallow compared to the other arcs if you ask me, which is something you should never do.

Yes, insult Kyou's arc more. She deserves that.
Jul 2, 2009 11:02 AM

Jun 2007
Didn't like it, too dramatic.

Stupid Tomoya is the first time I actually don't like him D:
6/10
Jul 2, 2009 11:35 AM

Sep 2007
NeverSleep said:
Too shallow compared to the other arcs if you ask me, which is something you should never do.

Yes, insult Kyou's arc more. She deserves that.

I'm not entirely sure whether you'Re being serious or sarcastic.

In case it's the latter, let me elaborate:

Fuko was a friggin ghost, lying in a coma for a few years
Kotomi suffered a heavy traums from her parents death
Tomoyo's brother almost killed himself
Nagisa almost died and ruined her parents dreams

Death everywhere and then there's Kyou and her sister like "Oh, I can't love Tomoya, you already do" and "oh, please do, I don't want you to be hurt either!" and blah, blah, blah. That's not Clannad-drama, that's soap-opera-drama. Unless someone who played the VN can explain to me how this is supposed to fit into Clannad (or ANY Key-typical HEAVYTRAUMADEATHDRAMA!!!111-story (I still like those stories though ^^'))
Jul 2, 2009 11:53 AM

Nov 2007
Spade said:

I'm not entirely sure whether you'Re being serious or sarcastic.

In case it's the latter, let me elaborate:

Fuko was a friggin ghost, lying in a coma for a few years
Kotomi suffered a heavy traums from her parents death
Tomoyo's brother almost killed himself
Nagisa almost died and ruined her parents dreams

Death everywhere and then there's Kyou and her sister like "Oh, I can't love Tomoya, you already do" and "oh, please do, I don't want you to be hurt either!" and blah, blah, blah. That's not Clannad-drama, that's soap-opera-drama. Unless someone who played the VN can explain to me how this is supposed to fit into Clannad (or ANY Key-typical HEAVYTRAUMADEATHDRAMA!!!111-story (I still like those stories though ^^'))

The main theme of CLANNAD is family....thats what the title CLANNAD means

Fuko - trying her best to make people attend the wedding of her sister
Kotomi - trying to be a good girl for her parents
Tomoyo - saving the trees for the sake of her brother
Nagisa - self explanatory
Kyou - sacrificing her own happiness in order to make her sister happy

also in the VN the story is present waaaaaaaaaaaay better and you see that the story is not just about a simple love triangle, its actually more interesting that than....I actually liked Kyou's story arc in the VN over After Story
Jul 2, 2009 1:26 PM

Sep 2007
game8910 said:
The main theme of CLANNAD is family....thats what the title CLANNAD means

I know, it doesn't change the fact however that it feels kinda weird compared to the others, so unspectacular. If I were any Clannad character surrounded by death and despair, I'd hit Kyou in the face for being allowed to be a main character for such a lame reason as making her sister happy.

If there wouldn't be a single-timeline, I'd travel back in time and make them give Kyou's main-character-seat to Yukine. She has a proper story for a main, Kyou's story has side-character-niveau at best.
Jul 2, 2009 1:47 PM

May 2008
It was Good.
Jul 2, 2009 1:49 PM

Jan 2009
TechDragon said:
It was Good.
now THAT's a short and nice answer : D can't disagree with it or anything ^^
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Where can you watch this

jschwag - Oct 19, 2021

9 by ReeceOliverr »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Poll: » kyou chapter vs. tomoyo chapter ( 1 2 )

SophiafrmAustria - Mar 19, 2011

66 by Spicelit »»
Jul 29, 2021 9:03 PM

» is Nagisa doesn't

veeny9 - Jul 9, 2021

4 by MuZe- »»
Jul 9, 2021 10:00 AM

» Question

CriminalGenius - Sep 18, 2020

0 by CriminalGenius »»
Sep 18, 2020 9:29 AM

» after story?

tthammy - Oct 10, 2010

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.