Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 2, 2009 2:08 PM

Apr 2007
hanabiii said:
Didn't like it, too dramatic.
Same. All the characters were somewhat annoying as well >_>
Jul 2, 2009 2:16 PM

Nov 2008
Spade said:
game8910 said:
The main theme of CLANNAD is family....thats what the title CLANNAD means

I know, it doesn't change the fact however that it feels kinda weird compared to the others, so unspectacular. If I were any Clannad character surrounded by death and despair, I'd hit Kyou in the face for being allowed to be a main character for such a lame reason as making her sister happy.

If there wouldn't be a single-timeline, I'd travel back in time and make them give Kyou's main-character-seat to Yukine. She has a proper story for a main, Kyou's story has side-character-niveau at best.

We have happier routes and non-pairing ones too in the VN.
-Sunohara siblings:somehow covered in the AS anime.
-Misae:same
-Kappei:The only thing that remained untouched. He didn't have a damn cameo appearance.
There's some other routes, but they're example enough to prove Clannad not centered around death.
It's more like about the family as center.
I liked the Kyou route of the VN cause of various reasons. One of them the fact that Tomoya didn't act like a psychology therapist. We neededa normal girl too.
Jul 2, 2009 2:44 PM

Dec 2008
wasn't as good as i thought it would be, although i guess it's not that strange since i played the game. they missed a lot of things that the actual game had. o well, it was decent 7/10
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Jul 2, 2009 3:09 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, it was even better then I expected! Loved it.

TomoyaxKyou is nice (but I still think TomoyaxTomoyo is the best).

Kyou long hair > Kyou short hair. =P
Jul 2, 2009 3:10 PM

Jan 2009
Gavinhead said:
Wow, it was even better then I expected! Loved it.

TomoyaxKyou is nice (but I still think TomoyaxTomoyo is the best).

Kyou long hair > Kyou short hair. =P
Quoted for Truth!
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 2, 2009 4:09 PM

Mar 2009
Yep the short hair doesn't really fit her personality or her smile
Jul 2, 2009 4:24 PM

May 2008
Bleh.. the Tomoyo chapter had better drama :|
And why didn't they (the creators) squeeze this love triangle shit in the regular show?
I could be a bit better then :|

But.. doo I need to play the Clannad game guys :|?????
Jul 2, 2009 4:28 PM

Jan 2009
Kozooo said:
Bleh.. the Tomoyo chapter had better drama :|
True that
Kozooo said:
But.. doo I need to play the Clannad game guys :|?????
Been wondering about that too, is is worth it?
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 2, 2009 4:59 PM

Nov 2007
I would say it is, there is just too many details that were skipped that makes the arc actually make sense
Jul 2, 2009 5:30 PM

May 2009
What a good OVA I didn't cry like I did in Tomoyo's but it was still good none the less. Of course the VN is probably way better but they are trying to deliver the whole story in that. I think it was wonderful that the creators were letting us see into the other world of possible relationships it's not something you see very often in animes.
Jul 2, 2009 5:56 PM

Jan 2009
danielhussen said:
spiderexpert said:
is it just me or are those another world episodes better than the main plot?
i probably wouldn't enjoy them quite as much if i wasn't constantly irritated by nagisa's petty hand-wringing.

me too tomoyo and kyou arc is away better than nagisa arc.
danielhussen said:
spiderexpert said:
is it just me or are those another world episodes better than the main plot?
i probably wouldn't enjoy them quite as much if i wasn't constantly irritated by nagisa's petty hand-wringing.

me too tomoyo and kyou arc is away better than nagisa arc.

Lol no.
Jul 2, 2009 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
Meh it was okay I guess
better then the tomoyo ova but still hated it

5/10

I'll miss clannad
Jul 2, 2009 6:07 PM
Jun 2008
Animefan710 said:

I'll miss clannad

They should just make an OAV with Nagisa, Ushio and Tomoya doing random dango daikazoku things with all their friends and fellow dangos. I would watch it. Since it would mean less depression time.
Jul 2, 2009 6:18 PM

Jan 2009
tehnominator said:
Animefan710 said:

I'll miss clannad

They should just make an OAV with Nagisa, Ushio and Tomoya doing random dango daikazoku things with all their friends and fellow dangos. I would watch it. Since it would mean less depression time.

Yeah I agree I wish they would of done that honestly or if they would make a 3rd season (doubt it will happen though..) showing ushio growing up with tomoya and nagisa now that would be awesome
Jul 2, 2009 6:20 PM

Dec 2008
I like it was really good. Wish there would be more clannad.
Jul 2, 2009 6:25 PM
Jun 2008
Animefan710 said:

Yeah I agree I wish they would of done that honestly or if they would make a 3rd season (doubt it will happen though..) showing ushio growing up with tomoya and nagisa now that would be awesome

I was so pissed off with the last episode featuring Fuko, I wanted to scream, "Oh eff off, Fuko!" Why couldn't they take the same amount of time and effort into just showing us ONE DAMN EPISODE of Tomoya and Nagisa as new parents. You know, like their hiccups of being teenage (?) parents and all that jazz, and growing up with Ushio.

But no. Fuko retardation is more important.
Jul 2, 2009 6:38 PM

Jan 2009
tehnominator said:
Animefan710 said:

I was so pissed off with the last episode featuring Fuko, I wanted to scream, "Oh eff off, Fuko!" Why couldn't they take the same amount of time and effort into just showing us ONE DAMN EPISODE of Tomoya and Nagisa as new parents. You know, like their hiccups of being teenage (?) parents and all that jazz, and growing up with Ushio.

But no. Fuko retardation is more important.

Yeah XD I agree fuko screentime did kill it
even though I'm a fuko fan I rather have seen some tomoya,nagisa and ushio
then seeing fuko being fuko >_<
Jul 2, 2009 7:20 PM

Aug 2008
9/10.

I guess this is the end for CLANNAD. I really enojoy this series very much to be one of my favourites.
On a side note, Kyō looks beautiful with short hair IMO.
Jul 2, 2009 8:05 PM
Oct 2007
The reason the last episode ended with Fuko is because it's basically how the VN ended. Doing any more than that would be straying away from the source material.
Jul 2, 2009 8:25 PM

Oct 2008
Good episode I guess.. Felt really rushed but still loved to see the usual gang back. Some scences seemed a little bit overdone though.

8/10 from me.
Jul 2, 2009 8:32 PM

Jun 2009
No more Clannad sequel anymore??? waaa
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 2, 2009 8:53 PM

Jun 2009
I don't know exactly about this one,so I give null vote .
Btw,how could I get this anime?
I haven't got the main purpose of life.Have you?
Jul 2, 2009 9:03 PM

Jan 2008
I liked it but it seemed a little rushed to me. I think it should have been at least two episodes.
Jul 2, 2009 9:45 PM

Mar 2008
Oosran said:
Orange-kun said:
tomoyo chapter is better.

ryou = bitch

kyou = perfect

Yes, it is;
She probably is;
And yes, she's quite so

I agree that statement
Jul 2, 2009 10:59 PM

May 2009
That wasn't like the visual novel very much... They didn't make her say "If I grow my hair longer and longer, you'll love me more". I like Kyou better than Ryou :D
Jul 2, 2009 11:37 PM

Jun 2009
ZeroKagayaki said:
Oosran said:
Orange-kun said:
tomoyo chapter is better.

ryou = bitch

kyou = perfect

Yes, it is;
She probably is;
And yes, she's quite so

I agree that statement

Nooo !!
My Ryou !!
You guys told that she's a bitch??
*runs away with Ryou*
I haven't got the main purpose of life.Have you?
Jul 2, 2009 11:38 PM

Aug 2007
lmfao why is Tomoya being paired up with all the girls in Clannad with the OVAs? it kind of wrecks my brain abit.

i thought this OVA was finely paced. any more eps and it would have been too draggy.

Jul 2, 2009 11:40 PM

Apr 2008
Blitzaga said:
lmfao why is Tomoya being paired up with all the girls in Clannad with the OVAs? it kind of wrecks my brain abit.

Because the visual novel allows players to play different routes which lead to pairings with different girls. Kyoani wishes to please their views by providing arcs for all of the main characters

Jul 3, 2009 12:04 AM

Jul 2008
Tomoya living the dream of twins. I enjoyed this since it contained my two favorite characters from the first season. It kinda was cheesy and all that, maybe because it was all in one episode but it was still rather good.
Jul 3, 2009 12:52 AM

Jun 2009
Kyou and Ryou same age but different class, right?
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 3, 2009 12:56 AM

Sep 2008
zinvince said:
Yeah... is there significance in this question? xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2009 12:58 AM

Jun 2008
The Kyou Chapter was made. I saw it. A great weight was lifted from my shoulders.

As Johnny Cash said, "I can leave this world with a satisfied mind"
Jul 3, 2009 1:57 AM

Sep 2007
zinvince said:

How can they be the same age when they're twins? You don't seem to have understood the concept behind that, being twins means that one of the two is twice as old as the other. The "twi" in twin stands for "twice", it's a phenomenon between siblings that only happens once in their lives. The "win" from twin can also stand for "If you believe what I say or take it seriously, I win this game"

If you have more questions about this rather delicate topic, ask Wackypoodia.
Jul 3, 2009 3:07 AM

Oct 2007
Chimasternmay said:
was good for what they could do in 1 episode. yup.
Jul 3, 2009 3:18 AM

Jan 2009
Botan~ <3
Jul 3, 2009 3:22 AM

Nov 2007
When I watched this I just kept comparing to the Tomoyo version ><, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would've, even though I reckon Kyou is awesome Tomoyo is better xD, that aside it was still incredibly well done. I enjoyed it a lot.
Jul 3, 2009 3:49 AM

Jan 2009
Now with Kyou's short hair, Kyou and Ryou looks exactly alike o3o

I want to see Tomoya w/Fuko. ;~;
Jul 3, 2009 4:01 AM

Jun 2008
First time in Clannad that they show kisses. Overall I loved the episode, it was good old Clannad-quality.
Jul 3, 2009 4:09 AM
Jun 2008
Orkel said:
First time in Clannad that they show kisses. Overall I loved the episode, it was good old Clannad-quality.

I find KyoAni to be retards if they can animate a kiss between Kyou and Tomoya, and yet apparently Ushio came from the stork, since he never once kissed the girl or showed signs of doing anything else with her.
Jul 3, 2009 4:20 AM

Jun 2008
tehnominator said:
Orkel said:

I find KyoAni to be retards if they can animate a kiss between Kyou and Tomoya, and yet apparently Ushio came from the stork, since he never once kissed the girl or showed signs of doing anything else with her.

I thought of that aswell.
Jul 3, 2009 4:35 AM
Apr 2009
tehnominator said:
Orkel said:

It's not like they were going to show Nagisa and Tomoya having sex.
Jul 3, 2009 6:14 AM
Jun 2008
Bladecatcher said:
tehnominator said:
Orkel said:

I wasn't asking for any sex scenes. Just, shit. A kiss, maybe? He doesn't kiss his girlfriend who then became his wife for the entirety of the series, and yet in 25 minutes of Kyou Chapter, he gets kissed like, what, twice?
Jul 3, 2009 8:38 AM

Feb 2008
Bladecatcher said:
tehnominator said:
Orkel said:

ew, nagisa is gross. nobody wants to see that.
Jul 3, 2009 8:46 AM

Jul 2008
I wish Kyou didn't cut her hair.
Jul 3, 2009 9:11 AM

Apr 2008
Tomoya is a stud. :>
Interesting to watch. Too much DATING DRAMA LLAMA!!!!!! is annoying, though, notgonnalie.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 3, 2009 9:24 AM

Dec 2008
Wow... Key Animation, you guys have never dissapointed me. All of your series are masterpieces... <33 As expected of Clannad, another great and sad episode... <3
Jul 3, 2009 9:26 AM
Jun 2008
Orange-kun said:

It's amazing how you people would watch an entire series and hate on the main character's love interest. And support the ones he ignores.
Jul 3, 2009 9:31 AM

Oct 2008
GarLogan78 said:

2nd.

On a side note, it really was nostalgic to hear the old clannad op again...

Watching this really makes me want to play the game.
JaysonWaterfallsJul 6, 2009 12:56 AM
Jul 3, 2009 9:36 AM

Feb 2008
tehnominator said:
Orange-kun said:

It's amazing how you people would watch an entire series and hate on the main character's love interest. And support the ones he ignores.
Tomoyo + Kyou = worth watching even for every retarded moment involving Nagisa
Jul 3, 2009 9:47 AM

Oct 2008
GarLogan78 said:

Same here.
Pages (9) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Where can you watch this

jschwag - Oct 19, 2021

9 by ReeceOliverr »»
Oct 20, 2021 4:22 AM

Poll: » kyou chapter vs. tomoyo chapter ( 1 2 )

SophiafrmAustria - Mar 19, 2011

66 by Spicelit »»
Jul 29, 2021 9:03 PM

» is Nagisa doesn't

veeny9 - Jul 9, 2021

4 by MuZe- »»
Jul 9, 2021 10:00 AM

» Question

CriminalGenius - Sep 18, 2020

0 by CriminalGenius »»
Sep 18, 2020 9:29 AM

» after story?

tthammy - Oct 10, 2010

4 by ibraheem234 »»
Nov 19, 2015 2:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.