Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 29, 2009 2:29 AM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another fantastic episode.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Apr 8, 2011 12:08 PM

Sep 2008
It's great to see Maya getting in the swing of things, and understanding that yes, of course there's more to a character than just their actions and lines written in the script!

Kind of sad to see that so many members of the troupe are competitive in such a destructive way. That sort of competition between people can't be productive, I think... :\
Apr 15, 2013 10:34 AM
Aug 2011
That was a bit extreme having her live as Beth for a week at the cost of the other girls thinking that Maya was going crazy or something.
Apr 15, 2013 10:48 AM

Sep 2011
Hoo hoo. I'm happy to see Glass no Kamen threads a bit more active (even if it's just one more post). I'm guessing that the new release of those goofy OVAs are giving it a bit more attention.

@Parfaited - Yeah, these anime does have a bit too many "extreme" moments. Especially whenever it comes to the witch-looking lady handling things. I never liked her character. 0.o
"Cheer up, you’re never alone! There is probably at least 1 bug in your room."
Apr 13, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
I'm starting to think the instructors are all idiots :s How can they be effective teachers if they can't even see the brilliance of Maya's acting?
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Aug 2, 2017 4:12 PM
Aug 2014
Maya got rid of her date after the play was over rather smoothly.

Sayaka was seriously over acting, guess that's the style the teacher prefers.

Thought the way Maya was acting in the end was a bit creepy.
Dec 2, 2019 6:34 AM

Oct 2015
To live as a character with only cats and knitting must've been tough, but I bet it will produce one helluva performance for Mr Tashiro by Maya.

Saya is in shit.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jun 29, 2020 10:21 PM

Aug 2014
I hope Tsukikage doesn't choose Maya for lead roles in every play they perform. It would really take a toll on some of Maya's new friends, and I actually enjoy their presence compared to other characters. Though to be fair, they also need to meet a certain standard of acting on par with Maya's.

To that extent I understand Sayaka's frustration with not getting the role. I can imagine how insulting it would feel to have something that means so much to you snatched away by a complete newbie. Her acting wasn't bad either, but she doesn't have the drive to invest herself in the character as much as Maya does. I just hope this doesn't turn her into a toxic person.

Aside from all that, I wonder if we'll get some romance? I've always been a sucker for romantic elements in anime. I just can't help it!!

Good episode regardless. I like how Maya doesn't always automatically "get it" despite being naturally talented in acting.

Jan 29, 2022 6:53 AM

Feb 2012
As stated above, Sayaka was overacting. Not that the same couldn't happen with Maya's method. I can think of several method actors who are also guilty of the same.

This series has sucked me in now, it's exciting to see how things unfold, even if the cliffhangers aren't as dramatic as they make them sound "Will Maya be thrown out of the troupe??? Will she?? With 45 episodes to watch her spend her days at the restaurant!!"

More topics from this board

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 51 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 12, 2011

34 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 8:33 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 49 Discussion

9 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 12, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 45 Discussion

senerikfred - Dec 13, 2009

11 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:32 PM

Poll: » Glass no Kamen (2005) Episode 47 Discussion

greentutu - Jun 29, 2013

7 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Glass Mask (2005) Episode 46 Discussion

5 by Alice_Huxley »»
Feb 11, 6:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.