Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jun 24, 2015 4:09 PM

Feb 2014
Drama in K-On!? Never see the day lol

I thought it was strange to see Ritsu get jealous of Mio and Nodoka, though. But it was a good episode.
Cartoons and anime is my reality.
Jan 4, 2016 7:22 AM
Jan 2016
Yuri everywhere! Wish tht there's an episode that Ritsu likes Mugi then Mio will get jealous yeah yeah! Mitsu forevahhhhh! Oh and I like that part when Yui doesn't even have a money on her heheh.… then Azusa with neko ears. I really like thay part when Mugi said that " There's no replacement for Ritsu" or something like that.
Mar 25, 2016 3:58 PM

Nov 2010
So the band name really is After-School Tea Time, eh?
I mean, it's really cute. HAHA.

I have guitars and I normally don't play them but if I did I'm pretty sure that I'd end up like Yui.

The drama totally threw me off because I"ve just been following the manga even though I know that they change certain things to maintain the episode length.
I understand the jealously, though. At least Ritsu was able to bounce back.

Now it's Yui's turn to get sick! HAHA.
Can't wait for the Ui scene.
Aug 24, 2016 5:37 AM
Jul 2016
Damn, this one was so boring. All the show was cartoony and not serious at all and now they tried to do some drama in a very stupid way. Suddenly Mio calling Ritsu stupid hurt her, when before she had no problem getting hit in the head by Mio.
Dec 2, 2016 6:22 PM
Jun 2013
Yay, conflict in the story!
Mar 16, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2009
Ah poor Yui ... don't know how to take care of an expensive guitar huh :') Looks like Ritsu was getting a bit jealous of Mio and her friendship with Nodoka but it was resolved pretty nicely. Except well now it looks like Yui's sick ... oops :P They finally managed to hand in the form and their band name is definitely uh ... descriptive of most of their club activities at least XD Also wait next episode's the final one?! I thought there were 13 episodes ... what o_O
Apr 24, 2017 7:35 AM

Apr 2015
Probably my least favorite episode because of the drama. Looking forward to their performance though.

“Even if the attention isn’t forever, I’ll keep singing.”
Jun 5, 2017 6:52 PM

Apr 2015
AHH DON'T FIGHT THIS ANIME WAS SUPPOSED TO BE CASUAL
Aug 11, 2017 12:10 PM

Jul 2015
Not a fan of this episode tbh, the drama felt really off.
Sep 10, 2017 1:40 PM

Sep 2013
Thought the band was about to break up there!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Oct 2, 2017 12:06 AM

Jun 2017
Good episode as always.

...but I wonder if I'm the only one who was irritated by the guitar shop worker's ass kissing to Tsumugi? I mean, I get it - and one is normally nice to the owners of their establishment, but I know a lot of business owners who would be offended by such blatant brown-nosing. I mean really ... that guy was pathetic, I'd probably be keeping my eye on him if I owned that store, because he gives the vibe that he's up to something, and also that he's a little too liberal with the stores stock and services. Did I take this too seriously? haha

...I can't help it, that behavior bothers me regardless of whether I see it in person, or in anime. Almost nothing rubs me the wrong way quite like someone sucking up to someone else - ulterior motives to the extreme, obviously. Insincere. Untrustworthy. The urge to fire this guy would be more than I could handle.
Jan 5, 2018 1:19 AM
Nov 2015
So everything from the previous concert got recorded even the moment when Mio fell down. Too bad for Mio, Azusa saw everything. Here once again Ritsu forgetting to fill up the auditorium usage application. Looks like Azusa is the new secretary of their club.

Funny how Yui takes care of her guitar in a wrong way. Expected Tsumugi to cover up the cleaning expenses of Yui's guitar. The left handed guitars were really cool. Hoping that Mio can get one of those.

This episode seemed realistic to me. It's pretty normal for a friend to feel jealous and lonely. Didn't expect the reason why Ritsu stopped coming by lately was because of a fever. I guess Sawako-sensei name their band in the end. Looking forward to their culture festival concert.

Mar 5, 2018 1:51 PM
Jul 2018
Finally some serious issues between the girls, I love it. I hope later on we get to see some more character depth for Mugi-chan as well.
Oct 20, 2018 5:01 AM

Oct 2017
So, where do I start?

Let me be honest with you, I shed tears watching this episode. Not that there's a sad or happy scene in particular, but because of how fucking good this episode is.

Most of the first half is build-up to the event happening in the second half, but it's so vague I barely noticed it. And then there's the second half where the infamous turning point occurs, the ever so called "characters change in a very subtle way". I never believed it in the first place, but this show manages to slap me in the face so hard. It certainly lives up to the uwasa.

I love how this show portrays emotions without even showing anything blunt. You can see the disappointment of Ritsu right off the bat when she is constantly bantering Mio tho ended up getting turned down every single time. It really is masterful directing skill.

This episode is amazing and perfect it left me in awe.
100/10 can't even imagine how S2 could be better than this
Oct 30, 2018 2:09 AM
May 2017

I think Yui will become an extremely cute mother and wife.
Nov 13, 2018 10:46 AM
Jan 2018
As much as I enjoyed a slightly more serious episode, the drama felt slightly forced, conflict requires set up and this just lacked it.
Feb 1, 2019 10:16 AM

Oct 2012
I dunno, the drama was really bad, like what was even the reason Ritsu started acting like that, plot-device? (her cold was badly introduced too). Whole episode had horrible writing and I think whoever tried to add some crisis before the concert did very mediocre job.

Well, I guess one failed episode doesn't make whole show but they are certainly starting pointlessly running in circles with no invention so far and I hope it doesn't get any worse.
Mar 11, 2019 6:17 AM

May 2016
Mio might've been the one who ended up being separated from the main party but Ritsu was the one who got very jealous because of it. I had thought that the guitar being all messed up was going to be the big pinch of the episode but it was actually a red herring. Ritsu trying to mess around with Mio like she normally does but without the latter enjoying any of it was really painful to watch. I felt so bad for Ritsu that I was so relieved that she didn't go to school only because she was sick after all. Thank goodness all that awkward tension was gone.

Yui's the one with the cold this time, oh my.

Mar 18, 2019 10:55 AM

Sep 2018
The drama didn't fit us into the story so much, it was good that it ended early. Funny the narrative as a whole, the credit goes to all the characters, including the character of Sawako.
May 31, 2019 11:26 PM

Aug 2017
Oh look, drama in K on! Pointless drama ofc.

After-School Tea Time is the name lmao.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 21, 2019 1:44 AM

May 2016
Azunyan going nyan nyan was really cute.

Mio proves again how kind she is and makes her so lovely 5/5
Nov 22, 2019 8:10 PM
Jan 2019
Mugi's yelling that ended the conversation. The lethal and emotional combination of build-up of tears, Mugi's loss of composure, and extreme tension in the room brought me to tears. Mugi's loss of composure really shocked me and her voice cracking engendered my lacrimal system to the edge and YEETED THAT BITCH
Jan 6, 2020 2:38 AM

Oct 2013
Hot take: this episode enhanced my appreciation for Ritsu. Like, yeah, the drama was kind of bad, but it shows more to her character than less-retarded Yui.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jan 15, 2020 10:03 PM

Sep 2018
Ritsu forgetting time give the form wasn’t and isn’t funny-
Apr 23, 2020 7:59 PM

Feb 2019
Mio and lefty fair was cute.
May 13, 2020 2:23 AM
Sep 2019
This one here was a bit of a letdown. The crisis came up pretty much out of the blue, and it was solved just as quickly. Which is good, because I like the girls just hanging out happily together, but it felt unnecessary.
Yui scenes are always gold.
May 14, 2020 8:02 PM

Aug 2019
absolutely tanoshii if i do say so myself.
wow 11 episodes and they've managed to almost blaze through an entire year in the k-on universe in about an estimated total 264 minutes.
honestly wish 2020 would go at the same rate lmao
Aug 5, 2020 3:21 PM

Feb 2020
mio at the music store and being psyched up because of the bass for lefties lmao - she's so cute. mugi's influence on literally everyone though just by her thicc eyebrows.

i was sad to see mio and ritsu fight but i'm glad they made up. it was so cute to see ritsu get jealous over mio hanging out with nodoka (please show more nodoka). ritsu getting a cold probably means she's overworked herself awsh. however, the end though with yui catching ritsu's cold ahh. yui >.<
Aug 30, 2020 1:22 AM

Jan 2020
Not a big fan of the drama surrounding Ritsu, but this episode was pretty enjoyable anyway.
Oct 4, 2020 10:05 PM

Jan 2019
Genuine character conflicts? Actions that have consequences? Is this my precious K-On?
Nov 18, 2020 2:42 PM

Dec 2007
like the way this episode went, but some of the comedy scenes were lacked with basic stuff...

i thought there will be little more great conclusion, but if fine the way it is.
Dec 26, 2020 3:14 AM

Apr 2020
So Yui never took care of her guitar properly, lmao
Dec 31, 2020 3:36 PM

Jan 2020
this was a more of a ritsu episode for me ><
im glad that the anime is getting into more touchy moments ~ it was sorta unnecessary though, but the episode was enjoyable to watch ~~
Feb 15, 2021 2:31 PM

Aug 2018
Crisis episode
Well first was the Yui thing that was solved quickly about her guitar, and the second thing that I think was the main thing was the conflict between Ritsu and mio that was solved, and now the problem is going to be Yui because she has a cold xD, what are the girls going to do?
It was good the chapter
Pd: The next one is supposed to be the end of the season? I thought it was going to be in chapter 13
Aug 21, 2021 7:21 PM

Jul 2017
Yeah... that episode ain't it at all. Sloppy drama and just... a flat episode as a whole. K-On went from terrible in my first watch to average in the first few episodes (a pretty big upgrade) but it's been slipping again with these latest few episodes. Didn't care much for the Mio-Ritsu tense drama like that, and it concluded very fast too so the whole thing felt like a waste of time for me with a very weak buildup too.
Oct 27, 2021 1:32 PM

Mar 2019
I was actually expecting more "drama" from Ritsu and how she and Mio aren't as good friends as they used to be but I guess everything was just because of a fever, which I still like. Lmao Yui. I NEED MORE RITSU + MIO SCENES.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

May 4, 2022 7:27 AM

Feb 2020
Azusa saw Mio's pantsu scene. x3

More Drama. This time it was Ritsu and Mio who had an argument.

Yui, you should take better care of your guitar...

Ho-kago Tea Time. I think that's the perfect name for their band. :)
Jul 2, 2022 1:47 AM

Jul 2021
Holy fuck this episode was intense, got me feeling nervous lmao.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

Sep 12, 2022 9:49 PM
Apr 2021
loved the episode , it was interesting to see further into the relationship between Ritsu and Mio
Jan 4, 2023 12:56 PM
Sep 2007
I don't quite get what the Ritsu's deal was, annoying Mio to no end. Acting like flashing panties was intentionally really wasn't necessary.

Guitar conservation isn't a free service, to Yui's surprise, lol. Luckily Mugi managed to cover that.

Finally band got their name - HTT (Ho-kago Tea Time - After-school tea time). Well, because that what they mostly do.
korsarzJan 4, 2023 1:33 PM
Mar 9, 2023 11:52 AM

May 2018
It was quite interesting to see that part of Ritsu and Mio relationship, Ritsu with jealous wasn't really something I was expecting but it makes sense, specially considering Mio is her childhood friend and the one she probably loves the most. It's good to see some drama and conflicts every now and then, I hope they use this feature wisely in the future. Overall very nice episode.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Mar 29, 2023 1:50 AM

Jan 2020
*world about to end*
Mugi: Let's have some tea
Mar 30, 2023 1:41 PM

Jun 2019
Ritsu and Mio so adorable. Don't be angry at your friends. It hurts when your friends do things like that. I felt Ritsu's emotions there.
May 31, 2023 11:11 AM

Aug 2022
It was so nice seeing Ritsu and Mio making up at the end.
Jun 21, 2023 2:05 PM
Sep 2022
waifus and les paul
Aug 7, 2023 5:37 PM

Dec 2009
Weird abrupt drama from Mio and Ritsu. 
Jealousy from Mio being closer Nodoka yet ultimately for calling her Dumb is understandable from the childhood friend Ritsu.

Rather, as funny as their dynamic is, Ritsu frequently teasing Mio could be annoying to a person, but worse is Mio's result of violence by hitting her for it.
Realistically, no matter the banter and comfort in that relationship by people who don't mind it, that's a toxic relationship.

So, Ritsu being upset and pissed at Mio could make a lot of sense.
Unfortunately, this part of this season presented like that without proper development was very poor in execution to present realistic drama in friendship from jealousy and insult.

Probably and easily the worst episode of S1. 
Poor Ritsu.  
Sep 8, 2023 6:52 AM
Aug 2020
gays <3
so cute!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2023 3:33 PM
Aug 2023
Fun to watch, enjoyed.
Feb 20, 11:10 PM
May 2023
Mugi is so passive all the time, so it's incredibly powerful when she speaks up, way to go Mugi!

Yuri or not, Mio and Ritsu sweet!
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Jul 2021
An alright episode. Something like this was bound to happen with the group having some troubles.

Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - May 28, 2009

294 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 1:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.