Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 10, 2014 9:19 PM
Mar 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
From the author of Oreimo comes another sibling romcom! Quite enjoyable so far, I love how the two siblings were introduced to each other only a year ago to find out later that they've actually been coworkers for the past three years. Great to see an imouto character being a hikikimori, better yet with the pen name Eromanga-sensei~
Feb 13, 2014 2:27 AM

Aug 2013
Only two chapters translated on baka tsuki yet. hopefully its gonna keep on coming. the two chapters that are translated is great though!
"he that chooses his own path needs no map" - queen kristina of Sweden
Feb 13, 2014 12:30 PM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Yeah and they already have rivalry by Elf-chan :P

And the class rep of Eromaster is very crazy. I do not get her plans. I think she will do something special in the following parts of the story
Mar 22, 2014 9:51 PM

Nov 2012
I've only read the first three on baka-tsuki but I loved them. Elf is my favorite so far
Mar 23, 2014 3:33 PM

Aug 2013
Yea, hope chapter four comes out soon, my favorite is Sagiri and something tells me that elf and class rep is relatives somehow
Apr 9, 2014 7:12 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
the fourth chapter is out :D I do not think that Megumi and Elf-chan are relatives .
My favorite character so far is Elf-chan :P
May 3, 2014 4:56 AM

Aug 2013
Fifth Chapter is out!!! :D
You gotta have some balls if you write a 300 page long love letter, then watch the one you gave it to read it.
And get shot down... i love how things are going and i really hope they will translate vol.2 fast when it gets out
May 3, 2014 10:18 AM

Feb 2012
Seems interesting.
May 5, 2014 8:40 PM

Jul 2008
Oh god that 300 page love letter was painful to watch..and then to get rejected. That hurt. Lol
The latter half of the final chapter left me with a bitter feeling.
Still, it was a very entertaining first volume and I'll continue reading it in the future!
I hope for something sweeter!

Side note; In the near future, when this gets a manga and then an anime I'm gonna cringe at those scenes all over again. Lol
-KazuMay 5, 2014 8:49 PM
May 11, 2014 5:06 AM

Apr 2014
Finished the volume today. And I must say things are going great. Comedy all around and the part that Masamune came into Sagiri's room for the first time, that was perfect :)
Needless to say, my favorite's character so far is Sagiri. Elf-chan is interesting too
"So everything that makes me whole
Ima kimi ni sasageyou - I'm giving it all to you
I'm yours"
Supercell ~ My Dearest (Inori Yuzuriha - Guilty Crown)
May 11, 2014 11:43 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Just marathoned the first volume, really enjoyed it. Felt like a crossover between OreImo and Bakuman to me, looking forward to the rest ^^
May 12, 2014 4:46 PM

Aug 2013
-Kazu said:
Oh god that 300 page love letter was painful to watch..and then to get rejected. That hurt. Lol
The latter half of the final chapter left me with a bitter feeling.
Still, it was a very entertaining first volume and I'll continue reading it in the future!
I hope for something sweeter!

Side note; In the near future, when this gets a manga and then an anime I'm gonna cringe at those scenes all over again. Lol

Your'e in luck (aswell as fellow fans!) A manga adaption has been revealed to start publishing on the may 27th :D

Hope vol.2 gets translated quickly
May 16, 2014 9:37 PM

Jul 2013
Haha 300 page love letter. Dat rejection, ouch.

Can't wait for the manga adaptation and the 2nd volume :D
May 17, 2014 2:58 AM

Apr 2014
SandyBoi said:

I don't think that was a rejection though...
She said she had someone she liked but not stated who she liked :)
I'm yours"
May 17, 2014 2:58 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
tuananh26376 said:
SandyBoi said:

I would be *very* surprised if it referred to anyone else than her brother
May 17, 2014 8:04 AM

Apr 2014
HaXXspetten said:
tuananh26376 said:
SandyBoi said:

I would be *very* surprised if it referred to anyone else than her brother

Agree man! So hype for the imouto route this time :D
No blood relation, no incest. CHOO CHOO MOTHERF***ERS!
I'm yours"
May 18, 2014 12:08 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
Come on guys, Sagiri was afraid of losing her brother to a other girl. That is a very big hint for great feelings towards him.
May 19, 2014 11:20 AM

Dec 2010
I enjoyed this quite a bit. I waited to marathon it all in one day myself as well. I do like Elf quite a bit, I wish Sagiri would have gotten more time and appearances in the novel, because she looks cute.

I'm going to guess that Sagiri rejected him, he will start to fall for Elf, or something, which causes Sagiri to get jealous and eventually confess to her brother, or something along those lines.

Anyway its basically Bakuman (which I adore) mixed with siscon stuff (Which I apparently must like). I've never read/watched Oreimo though.

I hope the second volume gets translated quickly!
Jun 30, 2014 5:46 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
@Cyclone1993 if you like "Ero Manga Sensei" so far then you should try the light novel of "Ore no Imouto ga konna ni kawaii wake ga nai" . Both share some similarities with each other.
Aug 2, 2014 12:22 PM

Jun 2013
The first light novel I read...

And what a piece of trash it is.
I shit excellence.
Aug 4, 2014 10:51 AM
KDE Plasma

Jun 2012
I do like it, because of the funny characters and the situation is also well written there.
Oct 16, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2013
Well, the beginning was good, with all that stuff of both brothers starting a new relationship after a year, now that they know who each other really is.

But the ending... he suddenly likes his sister (He's 15 and she's 12, a true lolicon), makes a 300 page love letter and gets... "rejected".

My point is, if they aren't even blood related the autor should had made the sister older, with 14 or maybe 15 too, because she, and the class representant, and even Elf were 12 but acted like they were older and even the illustrations were the same, yes, its always like this on manga/ln/anime, but if the autor is going to make a love story (romcom ok, don't see much Com, but nowadays the word Romance can't live without the word Comedy) he could had made the girls with 14.

With the passing that the manga has (how many months went since the begining? 3?) I think that probably around volume 3 or 4 she will be an highschooler and maybe they will start a relationship, and that's ok. But if he had started with both at the same age maybe he could had ended it with them at the age of 18 or something (maybe he will).

The MC was a little childish, and the conversations between him and the other characters (I noticed it more with Elf) also felt childish, but I take that as something that will change, due to the fact of the MCs past, of him winning a reward when he was young and stuff, he clearly (he even said that) was living on that reward with a big ego and thus, being a little childish. If he changes then it's going to be a good change.

Thus for first impression, I was expecting more of development between the brothers and not a sudden liven confession while halfway through the sister was forgotten and Elf was the one with the attention.
If we go by Oreimo terms, Elf is Kuroneko, the class rep is Asaya and the sister is of course Kirino. (but don't take me wrong, I'm not comparing the stories, only taking them as a reference), and so I'm expecting similar developments on future volumes.

What could change for future volumes, clearly the parents/progenitor should make an appearance. Maybe some school set, in a future, both of them working on the anime. And more interactions between the characters, not just Girl X and MC, Girl Y and MC... make it Girl X and Girl Y, or Girl O and Boy P, preferably, someone older than 12 (besides the bookstore girl, but she should get a better role, I think that she will be only the bookstore girl and be forgotten).
Mar 11, 2016 6:03 AM
Aug 2014
cliches of shitty incest manga and LNs that the author avoided in Oreimo:

-not blood related plot-armor
-living alone with no adult guardian for some reason
-give unrealistic characteristic such as extreme hikikamori, he's an author, and she's even a bigger name than him, and she has to be a hentai mangaka.
-ecchi...

you stoop low Tsukasa-sensei

More topics from this board

» Any possibility of season 2?

Jaaku_na_Neko - Jul 4, 2023

2 by Jaaku_na_Neko »»
Jul 11, 2023 12:49 AM

» Question for people who continued after the anime (Spoilers)

Ecarteo - Dec 8, 2022

1 by Sunset_Shimmer_ »»
Dec 27, 2022 3:28 AM

» Volume 9 Spoiler

Syureria - Oct 3, 2019

16 by Reevansingh21 »»
Oct 15, 2022 6:45 AM

» Light novel license

theek1 - Jul 12, 2022

5 by wizdom224 »»
Aug 12, 2022 6:06 PM

» eromanga sensei discussion

tinytina15 - Jun 3, 2020

1 by anime-prime »»
Jun 3, 2020 1:46 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.