Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2007 6:10 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Yuji's dad has quite good senses for being a human, that's surely going to play a role later on. I wondered when (forgot his name) Khamsin would show up again. I get the feeling we're now moving towards the action. It might not start in the next episode yet I can't say I'm not interested in the story of the previous Reiji Maigo owner.
cyruzDec 11, 2007 7:44 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Dec 11, 2007 7:37 AM

Apr 2007
haha nice ss you got there xD.
I hope the background won't be boring, since this 2nd season has been very great imo.
I'd also like to see how this harem life of Yuuji gonna end up :D
Looking forward to next ep
Dec 11, 2007 9:17 AM

Aug 2007
looking forward to the next episode, this one was good though I'm starting to hate Yuji even MORE now (The fact that he's stupid and doesn't notice anything going on between the girls and ALOT of other things. He's like the typical antisocial loser who I guess I'm supposed to relate to. I'm sorry, I just can't :P. His dad was alright though, at least so far. And I definitely think he has a bigger role to play later on as well, he's probably a mistess/flamehaze (or maybe even a tomogora?) as well.

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Dec 11, 2007 9:31 AM

Sep 2007
not tha special episode. its again the end which was exciting.
of course i am interested in the owner if reiji maigo which could be the gin armour and pheles lover, but after 3 episodes without the main chars it could be better to concentrate more on the story.
but of course shana has a lot of pontenzial and i like to watch it too, but a little more of actions scenes cant hurt.
oh and they showed the bracelets of konoe again and imo it has a reason why she stayed at home while she wasnt ill. many storytwist could happen and i am really hoping for a great serie.
Dec 11, 2007 10:35 AM

Aug 2007
Yeah I was wondering about the bracelets & staying home..hmm

Anyway, Yuji is a major blockhead who doesn't notice anything while everyone else already has. lol..that silver
Dec 11, 2007 11:04 AM

Oct 2007
noelhoi said:
I'd also like to see how this harem life of Yuuji gonna end up :D
Looking forward to next ep

Lol, he has 3 girls after him already, something tells me he will get a 4th one next time, mainly with the name of Pheles... :P

Tenshin said:
oh and they showed the bracelets of konoe again and imo it has a reason why she stayed at home while she wasnt ill.

Everyone is curious about those, how does it make them human or what?

I'm liking this season, it looks like by episode 12 we will start with the conflicts, but i cant say i hated the relationships that are happening, as i think they are a major part in what is to come!
It really is great!
Dec 11, 2007 11:21 AM

May 2007
Pointless yet probable spoiler:

Anyway, i damn agree with you guys.
Yuji is a damn blockhead.... There is a limit to kindness and blockheadness xD
Just get to the "god damn it! choose one already!" (Even though we all know he is ending with Shana ¬¬)

Yet another pointless yet probable spoiler:
RyushiDec 11, 2007 11:24 AM
Dec 11, 2007 12:42 PM

Sep 2007
Ryushi said:
Pointless yet probable spoiler:

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Dec 11, 2007 1:39 PM

Nov 2007
Great screenshot; I loved how she just peers so curiously. But I wonder if that's subtle foreshadowing of Yuji's dad having some presence about him. Although in a previous thread, someone talked about heredity not being a factor since Yuji didn't get his powers until after becoming a Torch?

Anyway, the father was a bit creepy, just standing in one spot an entire day. But Shana was able to show him what real hunting is like, heh.

See, the story's so much more fun when Konoe's not involved. XP The character-building bits were all about Shana and Kazumi. And I, too, want to know about Reiji Maigo's past next episode.
Dec 11, 2007 2:11 PM

Oct 2007
A pretty average episode and I wasn't really disappointed because I weren't expecting much from it. Well I'm beginning to lose interest but hopefully the series will pick up, with some new profound developments. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 11, 2007 2:45 PM

Nov 2007
So-So episode. I'm still agrivated that not very much has happened yet and we are already 10 episodes in. They need to get the plot moving...SOON....though it looks like they finally are.
Dec 11, 2007 2:49 PM

Jan 2007
Man, so much hate for Yuji. I don't think its as bad as its made out to be. RL said it well in one of the previous discussion threads.

running_lemon said:
Also, its alot easier for us, who see the situation from the outside, to understand Shana's feelings then it is for someone acutally involved. That is, just because its obvious to us doesn't mean it would be just as obvious to Yuji. Whether he is "thick" or not.

Furthermore, it isn't Yuji's responsibility to realize Shana's feelings.

Also, her actions with Yuji throughout the whole series really doesn't scream out "I like you"

Anyways, as for the episode, it was entertaining. I am liking Yoshida's and Shana's development, and I am very much looking forward to the backstory of Pheles and Johan.
Dec 11, 2007 3:10 PM

Sep 2007
Awesome screenshot. I thought it was just too cute.

I'm glad Konoe isn't the center of attention anymore; she's a lot more tolerable that way.
Dec 11, 2007 4:53 PM

Oct 2007
I kind of expected a little more to happen in the beginning with the silver flame, seems like it was built up with the Shana staring and then..."lets wait and see." Overall I liked it, pretty good so far, can't wait for the action to kick in, although I am willing to wait for this background story, and Wilhelmina is awesome! =)
Dec 11, 2007 4:53 PM

Aug 2007
An ok episode. I was hoping that Khamsin would return, since they just ending him without knowing to much about him. I'm hoping that they will improve his character. It looks like this episode was just to get us started on what happens next.
Dec 11, 2007 7:11 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Why I have the impression that this school festival thingy will not end at the next episode but will extend to more episodes? Maybe a climatic battle/event will happen during the festival? That will be so rewarding for someone (me) who waited for actions but received few. But...it is certaintly not the next episode (which will concentrate with Pheles and Johan).
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Dec 12, 2007 7:01 AM

Aug 2007
Mmm. Bet something is gonna happen during the school festival.

I kinda really want to see what the story is between Pheles and Johan.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Dec 12, 2007 2:16 PM

Jun 2007
so-so episode. i dont like yoshida getting that much screen time.

yes, i am sorry, but i dont like yoshida /rant

i guess i was expecting yuujis dad, like most of us (if not all)
he will surely have a bigger role on this anime, since he seemed like he could do some tricks, specially evading shana's kick. realtionship growing here, and there... i like romantic, and slice of life stories, but i think action for two episodes out of 10 is... just too painful. i want to see shana's wings again =3

khazim (sp?) finally showed up, just to be the one that will inform wilheremina that pheles is alive... i hope he was a bigger role... he is kinda cool.

meh... i will look forward to the episode after the next one... since the next one seems like... another talking episode... which is not that bad.

and... shana should have been the juliet, she would have looked way cuter
Dec 12, 2007 3:16 PM

Jul 2007
incoming random blabber!

- i vote shana for juliet too!
- every time i watch the ending, i get more and more attracted to wilhelmina XD
- if i was yuji, id rank the 3 girls in the following order: shana > konoe > wilhelmina > young margery > yoshida ..woops got carried away XD so much for ranking the 3 XD
- im too lazy to check but did kazhim have those scars in his face before?
- im pretty sure pheles is the green haired girl about to kiss yuji in the op(bad decision though - she'll just get pwned by shana)

in any case, im pretty bored with the school life bits, but other than that, just seeing shana in every episode is enough for me XD
Dec 12, 2007 6:01 PM

Jun 2007
i would rather see pheles kissing yuuji than yoshida kissing yuuji...

dont flame me, please ;)
Dec 12, 2007 6:40 PM

May 2007
Another slow episode but it's a good initiation for a new arc. I was excited when Wilhelmina showed a big reaction to Yuji. Clearly, Yuji is now a center attention. His dad came back, Pheles wants Reiji Maigo, and his power of existence is Silver and not to mention 3 girls took a liking to him.

The new magazine scans uploaded at imageboard featured that woman. Maybe it's safe to assume she's Pheles. The opening sequence was kind of a hint, how Pheles and Reiji Maigo connected:

Again, Yuji NOT paired with Shana threw me off... nonetheless, Shana and Yoshida are as hyped about it. Maybe an event would blast during Seishuu Festival so it's gonna keep things exciting.
Dec 13, 2007 2:18 PM

Jul 2007
Richard_Omega said:

dont flame me, please ;)

me too! but then again, id rather yuji have yoshida...so i can take shana for myself. XD lol
Dec 13, 2007 7:00 PM

Jun 2007
ChiBuki said:
Again, Yuji NOT paired with Shana threw me off... nonetheless, Shana and Yoshida are as hyped about it. Maybe an event would blast during Seishuu Festival so it's gonna keep things exciting.

i am hoping to see shana in that juliet kind of outfit in the OP. and Yuuji in his Romeo outfit. both of them fighting together. it would be nice to see that kind of stuff once in a while.
Dec 16, 2007 12:00 PM

Dec 2007
Well the relationship advice was touching....bleh. The whole relationship thing didn't really seem to fit in the storyline. There's gotta be more than just that one flame haze that has a silver flame. The next episode is going to be sweet we get to learn more about the Reji Maigo and who this Pheles person is.
Dec 16, 2007 12:26 PM

Nov 2007
Sorry if this is considered off topic but is anyone else wondering when the Raw for episode 11 is going to be released? I mean it's been 3 days since it's aired in Japan and still no raw of it has been released...
Dec 19, 2007 5:59 PM

May 2007
corroded said:
but then again, id rather yuji have yoshida...so i can take shana for myself. XD lol

lol
Welcome to the club xDD
Aug 26, 2008 1:39 AM

Jul 2008
It is amusing how Yuji's Dad's hobby is stalking school girls.
Oct 12, 2008 10:14 PM

May 2008
MajorAddiction said:

Anyway, Yuji is a major blockhead who doesn't notice anything while everyone else already has. lol..that silver

yeah, the main char to every romance is usually a dunce, oh well. it kinda needs to be that way though, or else everyone would notice all the subtleties and it would be just like real life, lol
Nov 5, 2008 3:02 AM

Mar 2008
blackfeather_58 said:
It is amusing how Yuji's Dad's hobby is stalking school girls.

LOL i know XD but your choosing to look at it in that way, its more an overprotective thing and nosy parent thing, if it was guys he might have done the same thing
theeggman85 said:
MajorAddiction said:

yeah, the main char to every romance is usually a dunce, oh well. it kinda needs to be that way though, or else everyone would notice all the subtleties and it would be just like real life, lol

well its easy to say things when your looking at it from a 3rd person point of view
Jul 9, 2009 9:10 PM

Dec 2008
aww. yuji's father took most of the screen time from Mr.light pole.
maybe next time light pole-san, maybe next time.
Jul 18, 2009 1:51 AM

Dec 2008
haha...the father was stalking the girls. I want some more Yuji power development.
Jan 19, 2010 9:39 AM

Nov 2009
I found it funny and ironic how yuji's parents lecture shana and kazumi about love and they both believe they love yuji.
Jan 19, 2010 11:50 PM

Apr 2008
I'm very quickly tiring of this series. The first was pretty good, but was still way too slow do to all the worthless character interaction. But this has taken it to a brand new extreme. There hasn't been one watchable episode in II since episode 2.
If it doesn't get back into the fighting within a episode or two, this is dropping to a 6/10, cause this retarded romance stuff was getting ridiculous after the 3rd episode in a row. After 7 in a row now it's downright maddening.
Feb 12, 2010 11:41 AM

Jan 2009
OF COURSE it had to be Yoshida the one who won 'Juliet' at the stupid lottery, the whole point of this season of SnS seems to be "Don't let Shana be alone with Yuji!" >_<

There's something weird about Yuji's dad...If he's related to flame haze/tomogara, I bet it's that Silver guy again... I just hope everything will make some sense and soon.

Other than that, this was just damn boring. And Shana's stupid for teaming up with her enemy [Kazumi] while trying to get Yuji...

Nov 6, 2010 4:51 AM

Sep 2008
Well, I liked the episode - maybe because Yuuji's dad showed up... which seems like some sort of progress, somehow. It seems like we're getting closer to the more exciting parts of the story... At least, I hope so, since it just seems to feel that way. D:' What with Yuuji's silver Fuzetsu, with something going on with "Konoe" and her butler and their silver bracelets, with this "Pheles" person going after Yuuji, and with Yuuji's dad returning...

corroded said:
incoming random blabber!
- im too lazy to check but did kazhim have those scars in his face before?

Yup. :)
Dec 20, 2010 12:56 PM
Aug 2010
Yuji's mum opened her eyes!
This has bugged me for all the episodes she's appeared in.
And then Yuji's dad appeared - something I never thought would happen.
And then Yuji's mum appears in lots of scenes with open eyes!
What's going on. Yuji's family just got weird.
Sep 9, 2011 7:51 AM
Mar 2011
Yuji must be paired to Shana.
Sep 17, 2011 11:18 PM

Jan 2011
Notice how both Shana and Yoshida got interested when Yuji's dad talked about getting married as students.....

Yuji you may have to make up your mind sooner than you think...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 4, 2012 8:50 AM

Mar 2011
Yuji's dad seems like a cool dude. Konoe is now seriously suspicious.
Aug 9, 2012 4:47 PM

Mar 2012
I was so annoyed by this episode:

Yoshida is so irritating! I hate her. I wish she'd fuck off already and leave Yuji to Shana.

It seems Shana is starting to lose interest in Yuji and it's all his fault for being such a dense idiot!

Yuji's dad seems interesting...and Yuji's reeiji mago(sp?) has a keeper placed on it - could that be his dad who did it?
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Jan 17, 2013 8:55 PM

Apr 2012
It's funny how Yuji's parents are like these wise sages who dispense advice and then Yuji is just an idiot. Unfortunately for him, and for us as viewers, that trait did not get passed down.
Jan 22, 2013 9:02 AM

Jan 2013
This show has become a mediocre harem anime.
Jul 13, 2013 11:09 PM

May 2013
i thought the one outside was metamorphosis
Dec 5, 2013 3:38 AM
Mar 2013
Richard_Omega said:

dont flame me, please ;)
While I'm not fond of Yoshida I cannot say I like Pheles either. The only one for Yuji is Shana!

Anyway, Yuji sure has a strange father. Perverted creep following around high school girls xD

I wouldn't call that "having fun" I'd call it stalking!
Apr 1, 2014 8:00 PM

Aug 2013
I don't remember who that Pheles is... But I guess she'll be important later.

Wilhermina said something about looking for her lover, so she was probably talking about about the Silver denizen.

That father was creepy in the beginning, but he ended up being a good human being :P

Well, I think it's good to see that they aren't obscessed as before to be with Yuuji at all time. I guess they have matured a bit.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 29, 2014 8:20 AM

Dec 2013
Shit happens xD
Jun 8, 2017 9:30 AM

Nov 2016
I like Yujis father and his story was nice.

The end was pretty interesting, looks like a new enemy will appear.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 18, 2020 1:23 PM

Jun 2017
Yuji's family reminds me of Clannad family. Wholesome parents. Yuji's dad is quite an eccentric individual. Shana's comment about him makes me think that he may be working as a spy or something similar.
A lot of little hints were scattered in this episode. They showed Tomoe and the butler wearing that bracelet again. Some research by Wilhelmina stirred things up. We're in for a back story again in the next episode.
Best episode of the season so far.
Feb 9, 2022 3:54 PM

Nov 2010
That butler and Hecate in that room looks strange. I wonder how Ball Masque is pulling this off.

Yuuji's dad has strange habits. lol

Ball Masque and now Pheles. Hopefully, they all have conflicting agendas, and it's gonna be a free for all in the end. Just like how it was during the first arc of S1.
Apr 12, 11:27 PM
May 2017
I love their interaction. But this father is definitely the Silver flame denizen.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

212 by k4rlo »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Cloudy - Nov 23, 2007

69 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Jan 19, 10:09 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.