Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 7, 2009 5:55 PM

Mar 2007
Well, I watched the original Kanon and only rated it a 4. That being said, this episode was really good at pulling my emotional heartstrings, they really did the Makoto arc well. T.T

Kudos! I started crying around the wedding veil part.
Jul 13, 2009 3:49 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't know I was such a crybaby but oh my god I cried a lot and couldn't stop it, the episode was really very touching so far my favorite episode in this anime.

[ ANIMEGAMES • MUSIC ]
Aug 13, 2009 10:59 PM

Jul 2009
The whole arc was lame.

This episode was lame.

Ugh, kimochi warui.
Sep 27, 2009 1:13 PM
Sep 2009
i have to say it was very sad, but after watching clannad i don't think i'll cry while watching an anime again, not even a super sad one with an overly kawaii girl caalled makoto.
Oct 8, 2009 10:45 AM
Jun 2008
TT_TT

that is all.
Dec 2, 2009 4:39 PM
Apr 2008
seriously, this was a great episode, i went into the series kind of meh, but got into it as it got funny and nice in the first 8 or so, then episode 9 and 10 blew me away, i cannot wait for the rest of the series to download,
Jan 16, 2010 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
leming400 said:
i have to say it was very sad, but after watching clannad i don't think i'll cry while watching an anime again, not even a super sad one with an overly kawaii girl caalled makoto.

This is how I feel. This episode wasn't bad, but Clannad did sad moments far better.

Main reason for that? IMO, the music in Clannad creates a far better atmosphere to generate the crys. Kanon's music while ok, just isnt quite as deep as Clannad, and thats why I don't feel as though I can really enjoy this. Clannad got to me so much I ended up DLing the OST and listen to that. Ana (sung by Lia) is stunning. Its on my YouTube channel if you want know which one I mean (link to in on me profile).

Hopefully, its just this arc. Hope the following ones are better.
Jan 31, 2010 7:27 PM

Aug 2009
This episode turned me into a crying baby. I seriously cried several times throughout the whole thing.

Makoto :(
Feb 23, 2010 12:05 PM

Jan 2010
oh what a surprise,yet ANOTHER key character dies in "strange conditions"

very sad episode indeed,but i felt like they were trying too hard to make us cry :(

why do i have the feeling that ayu is the next to die,and that she is a pidgeon ore seagull or something?:)
seriously,those wings on her bag probably weren't put randomly there and also you can see her in the opening with some big wings that were spreading behind her...
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Mar 21, 2010 9:28 AM

Dec 2008
As they left the house I was nearly in tears

at least she seems not really to be dead
I hope she comes back during this show
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 5, 2010 11:50 PM

Dec 2009
its a great episode but i didnt cry as much as i did at the end of the fuko arc in Clannad
Love & Piece

Apr 12, 2010 12:49 AM
Apr 2010
This story was always memorable to me.
I watched a lot of anime, but somehow the story of Makoto really caught me.
and the Music matched so well when Makoto remembers Yuichi's name. That part was unbelievably sad for me;; A little hope was enough to make Yuichi happy;
If it was me i would have broken down;;;; T.T;;;
Ayu's was really sad too, but for me Makoto was equally sad because at first she did seem kinda annoying but later she was a really lovable character;;;
too bad;; man i wish she revies or something but no luck on that;;;
Apr 12, 2010 2:06 AM

Nov 2009
Drama, pure drama...
Apr 30, 2010 7:52 PM

Mar 2010
It was sad but not sad enough to make me tear up.
Let's see how the rest of the arcs go.
May 22, 2010 5:19 AM
Sep 2009
Damn, that was depressing..

Makoto... </3 :/
Aug 19, 2010 1:28 PM
Jul 2010
Aren't you supposed to kiss the bride?

All the same, suddenly I have dust in my eyes.
Sep 3, 2010 8:24 AM

Aug 2010
poor makoto and yuuichi :(.

such a moving eps :'(
"Fun things...Happy things...They'll all...They'll all eventually change some day, you know? But can you still love this place?" - Nagisa
Sep 6, 2010 6:13 PM

Jul 2009
Nice ep, but I gotta say it didn't move me much after all those resemblance to Clannad/Da Capo, etc. Should've watched it before xD

I sure hope Makoto is still alive!
Sep 8, 2010 4:05 PM

Aug 2008
Yeah I didn't cry.
The Fuko arc in CLANNAD made me teary so I am kind of disappointed at Kanon at the moment. Hope it gets better.
Oct 1, 2010 10:34 AM
Jun 2010
:O such a sad Episode, didn't cry, but i did shed 2 or 3 tears, felt really sad at the parts just before she disappears...so sad...2nd anime to ever make me cry, first one being ef ~ a tale of memories TT.TT
Oct 28, 2010 2:47 PM

Apr 2008
SpaceKozak said:
Aren't you supposed to kiss the bride?

That plain character? Amano is soo much better. I wonder why Yuiichi doesn't even try to put his tongue in her mouth.

Makoto's arc is one of the most boring thing I've ever seen. Too much episodes for a little story. I've played the game, and I've seen Kanon 2004: it's technically inferior but more a TV show than this one, that's a 1:1 transposition of the game, a good copy with amazing storyboards and animations but with the same weak story that worsen every time. But I'll wait for Nayuki's and Shiori's arcs to try to look better stories in Kanon 2006.
Oct 28, 2010 11:10 PM

Sep 2008
Didn't cry. Not too close to crying either. Still awesome episode and I hope the later ones are even better.
Nov 10, 2010 12:06 PM
Jul 2018
I watched it, didn't cry. The moments leading up to her disappearing were pretty sad, but it wasn't enough to make me cry. Her disappearing wasn't too sad for me, he pretty much gave her anything he could.

Good episode.
Dec 5, 2010 8:38 AM

Nov 2009
Just finished watching the Dub episode and it had the power to make me cry too.

It's the only anime episode in history that is guaranteed to get the waterworks out of me. It must be something deep down that makes it strike such a chord.

I'm generally on the verge for most of the episode until she disappears where I just cant manage to hold it anymore. ;_;

Hope no one would think less of me because of that.
Jan 20, 2011 4:32 PM

Dec 2010
I think watching her trying to remember Yuuichi's name was the most tear-jerking moment...although if she said it again at the end I would definitely have broken down :-/

It's proving to be a great series, even in the post-After Story afterglow

Possibly Mai's arc next...although I'm really waiting for Ayu's story :-D
"Ah yes, the demon drink...'Nature's Alzheimer's' they call it"
Jan 23, 2011 6:59 AM

Jan 2010
clannad4ever said:

why do i have the feeling that ayu is the next to die,and that she is a pidgeon ore seagull or something?:)

LMFAO at my own joke xD

it seems that i can't get myself to like kanon as i did last year..
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Jan 24, 2011 4:05 AM

Aug 2010
This episode made me sad. I didn't cry but I'm hurt. Poor Makoto
Feb 3, 2011 11:16 AM

Jan 2011
Did anyone else think, She's just a freaking fox?
May 14, 2011 8:05 AM

Nov 2009
YAY the cats back! and so is Makoto?! i think she got tired of playing that game lol... omg and yay they did piratically everything she waned! and they even got married XD the picture was cute... i can't believe she talked again! and stayed alive through the second fever! anyway it was a great episode!
May 16, 2011 6:11 PM

Mar 2008
My eyes got wet this episode.

I was really effected by the scenes towards the end between Yuuichi and Makoto.

Jun 10, 2011 10:38 AM
Aug 2009
This episode brought memories from Clannad back to me. This episode made me realize Kanon and Clannad are of the same group. Lovely episode.
Jun 12, 2011 12:25 PM

Jul 2010
I didn't really like Makoto, but I'm confused, what was with the seeing her at the end?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2011 11:36 PM
Dec 2007
gregory003 said:
I didn't really like Makoto, but I'm confused, what was with the seeing her at the end?
That's supposed to be Yuuichi's dream, for Makoto to be able to enjoy spring. It makes a little more sense in the game since the events aren't compressed to a few days. Makoto is never brought back, this is how her story ends since shortened lifespan is 1 of the requirements for a spirit fox's transformation into a human (the other one is forgetting all their memories from before the transformation).

Amano was merely expressing what if's. Something people don't like about Kanon a bit is that it's pretty much one of the prototypes for Key's supernatural elements. All of the stories showcase a miraculous or supernatural event, and as Amano hints, the town itself seems to be full of small miracles.
Leon-GunJul 9, 2011 11:50 PM

Aug 8, 2011 11:19 AM

Feb 2010
This Episode brought my Deepest and saddest of emotions which I never expected to come out by an Anime..
watching Makoto trying to remember
Yuuichi's name was the most tear-jerking
moment...
I Cried after that scene alone
Yuu....yuu...icchh...chhiii..
Auuu:...
Signature removed. Please follow the site rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 27, 2011 7:36 AM

Oct 2011
I wish I hadn't watched Clannad before seeing this show. But, this episode did get me a bit teary eyed.
<a href="">;;RykOakwine.png</a>
Nov 20, 2011 2:54 PM

Jul 2011
RykOakwine said:
I wish I hadn't watched Clannad before seeing this show. But, this episode did get me a bit teary eyed.

I know right, i only get teary eyes..... but not crying, guess Clannad After Story destroyed me..

Anyways, beautiful episode.
Dec 4, 2011 5:04 PM
May 2011
blackblue40 said:
RykOakwine said:

I know right, i only get teary eyes..... but not crying, guess Clannad After Story destroyed me..

Anyways, beautiful episode.

not really i watched both seasons of clannad before i watched this but the tearyness still came to me maybe its just me?
Dec 7, 2011 8:53 AM

Nov 2008
I saw it in this order.

Air > Clannad > Kanon 2006 > Clannad AS.

and I still love Kanon the most.

God I love you Makoto. <3 !

Dec 31, 2011 7:39 AM

Dec 2011
I cried so so much in this episode, I felt so sad for MAkoto but in the end I felt incredibly happy bcoz she got everything she wanted 10/10
Feb 5, 2012 8:03 AM

Oct 2009
I'm so glad that Yuuichi made her wish come true.

This was a sad episode, Makoto is so cute. ;w;
Feb 17, 2012 9:49 PM

Feb 2011
Why do I feel this emptiness in me? I actually prepared myself for this outcome and still, some tears escaped from my eyes. I think the producers were kind not to make this heart-shattering.
Mar 20, 2012 9:39 PM

Jul 2010
I cried bitterly, wow. So sad. And I thought that I'd never really get into Kanon xD
Apr 23, 2012 8:22 AM

Mar 2012
It was a great episode.

At the end of the episode, KEY made it again... They did the same thing they made at the end of Clannad After Story with Ushio. They show us a a sleeping body of the character which is supposed to be dead. Now that we can never make sure if she is actually dead or not (unless it is clarified at later episodes). This is a dirty way of ending a dramatic story.
Apr 23, 2012 10:24 AM

Mar 2012
Something got stuck in my mind. Why did Makoto's coat disappeared along with her body?

At the time she disappeared, she was wearing the same clothes when she was first introduced in episode 2; except for the coat. If we assume that her original outfit was created along with her human body when she transformed from fox to human, however that blue coat was an 100% Earthly material; the coat must have stayed on Earth just like those bells did.

This is definitely a logical mistake in the story. At least that coat should have stayed too, or her all clothes should have stayed all together.
May 14, 2012 7:23 AM

Jan 2009
I actually got kinda annoyed, watching this episode. I know how much Key likes to kill off it's characters in unique (not really unique when compared to other Key shows) ways. But this entire episode, to me, seemed like it was just Yuuichi with what seemed like a newborn infant in a teenager's body. I don't know if the Japanese dub is the same way, but in the English dub, every time Mokoto made that sound, I kinda wanted to throw something at my TV. It actually made her death (?) a little satisfying. Felt like it kinda ruined everything for me.
May 14, 2012 7:28 AM

Nov 2009
Zewerr said:
I actually got kinda annoyed, watching this episode. I know how much Key likes to kill off it's characters in unique (not really unique when compared to other Key shows) ways. But this entire episode, to me, seemed like it was just Yuuichi with what seemed like a newborn infant in a teenager's body. I don't know if the Japanese dub is the same way, but in the English dub, every time Mokoto made that sound, I kinda wanted to throw something at my TV. It actually made her death (?) a little satisfying. Felt like it kinda ruined everything for me.

THe dub is decent for the funny stuff but when it comes to the dramatics, I have to admit that the Original Japanese dub is far better at portraying that sort of emotion. I remember this episode well, it was the very first anime episode to ever make me cry and not just once. I cry every time I see it and I wasnt even too big a fan of Makoto compared to Ayu and Shiori but it's done in such a way that I can't help myself.

To each their own I guess but that's just how it was to me anyway. You probably ruined the moment by watching it in dub first over how it was originally intended.
Jun 3, 2012 11:26 PM
Jul 2018
Wow, what an amazing episode. A great, emotional ending to her arc. It was so hard to watch her go from her hyper/crazy state to not being able to talk. It was well done. So freaking sad. But I wonder what the end meant? Will she come back again before it's all over? I can't wait to keep watching. I'm guessing Ayu will probably get the last arc, since she seems to be the main girl. I can't wait for that, but I will continue to enjoy the rest of the series until then i'm sure.
Jun 17, 2012 6:14 PM

Nov 2011
Key must have really learned their lesson after Kanon. It really bothers me how Yuiichi gets so attached to a secondary character; it's nothing like Clannad where Tomoya had his eyes set from day one.

I liked Makoto, but these past episodes have been an absolute pain to watch.
Jul 14, 2012 1:10 PM

Feb 2009
AzureBlues said:
Key must have really learned their lesson after Kanon. It really bothers me how Yuiichi gets so attached to a secondary character; it's nothing like Clannad where Tomoya had his eyes set from day one.

I liked Makoto, but these past episodes have been an absolute pain to watch.

I know what you mean. If this is how the rest of the series is like, I'm not going to be enjoying it too much... jumping from girl to girl with such intense emotions involved. I hate harems so this is... yeah. It's too bad, because I much prefer Ayu to Nagisa but atm Yuuichi has pretty much forgotten about her, lmao...

Still don't like Makoto, didn't shed a tear, etc. Not impressed so far. Also doesn't help that I'm so used to Key's shenanigans at this point... I can only take so much of the ~girl with a weird strange bullshitty illness~ stuff and I just couldn't help but think "...she's a fucking fox, dammit."
DropletJul 14, 2012 1:14 PM
Jul 20, 2012 4:49 AM

Jul 2009
The scene where Makoto looks at Akiko and Akiko almost stutters "Have a safe trip" was so heartbreaking T_T
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

73 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 11, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.