Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Aug 6, 2012 1:03 PM

Aug 2009
Ok I just finished this ep ~ 5min ago.
I have red eyes full of tears, a headache and snot running down my nose ..
I have not cried this much since I saw Clannad and After Story.
I love every second <3
Aug 9, 2012 7:06 AM
Jun 2012
Chorei pra caramba nesse episódio.
*cry*
Aug 12, 2012 2:58 PM

May 2012
Damn what a sad episode! This was shortened in the 2002 version, but with the possibility of more episodes you can like this one put way more emotion and feel to the things as you don't have to compress everything!

The main story is still there but it was very lovely though sad at the same time to see Makoto suffer for not being able to speak or remember!

The ending was so sad the directly disappearance was so breath taking, it was better than the 2002Version where she was on his back and just disappeared here they still had some great quality time before she disappeared!

It was a great episode with lots of emotion really loved this episode!
Aug 13, 2012 8:59 AM

May 2011
I knew this was coming, I teared up like a boss watching this ep. Looking forward to the rest of this.
Aug 15, 2012 8:14 AM

Nov 2011
The cat found her! =P

"I like to expose what people hide. I'm an intellectual rapist." - Furudo Erika
Aug 15, 2012 9:31 PM
I Hate My Son

Dec 2011
Oh my fucking god, I could not stop crying.
Oct 1, 2012 9:57 PM

Feb 2012
DarkShards said:
The cat found her! =P

Yeah, thats kinda cute :)

I hope they will meet again.
Oct 8, 2012 11:25 AM

Nov 2009
what? So Makoto has come back to life again? Wonder if that chick Amano or w/e is actually like the head honcho of the foxes or something, she called it. However this is just like Clannad, when something sad happens at the very end it pulled back and was like JK.
Oct 8, 2012 9:30 PM
Mar 2011
Very cute yet sad episode. I admit I wasn't really liking this anime and I really did like Clannad but with this episode im starting to warm up to it.
Nov 4, 2012 3:04 PM

Sep 2011
Well, that was kind of sad. I didn't like Makoto much, so I couldn't be very sad about her even if I wanted to, but I was still sorry for her.

There was something that really bothered me. I really didn't like how Yuuichi seemed to have actually loved Makoto, not just to make her happy like with the fake wedding, but actually shown real emotions. I really wanted him to only love Ayu :/ (because he is obviously gonna end up with her).
It's kind of selfish I know, but that's just how I feel :/
Dec 18, 2012 6:47 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
T_T didn't cry, but sad, pretty good ep.
張大です for 張大勇督察
Feb 18, 2013 1:01 AM
Jan 2013
Just saw this for the first time yesterday. Its my first run through the show. Made me really sad but its great nonetheless!
Mar 23, 2013 2:02 PM
Nov 2012
Such a sad episode though I guess I was ready for it so didn't cry, besides the glimmer of hope at the end made me happy! :)
Mar 24, 2013 8:03 PM
Jan 2013
It's amazing. I've seen this anime 6 times, it's my favorite, and I'm always on the verge of crying whenever I watch this particular episode. The image of Makoto lying on the hill at the end is almost unbearable to me, I'm not sure how I should be feeling.
Oct 30, 2013 10:46 AM
Jun 2013
so this is saddest episode of entire series?:<
damn, then im a bit disappointed - this was nowhere near Clannad AS in level of sadness...
it was decent, very predictable episode..
Dont get me wrong, im enjoying this series so far (8/10 after 10 eps) but im hoping for much stronger drama.

ps
sry for any mistakes
badcall84Oct 30, 2013 10:49 AM
Nov 8, 2013 5:14 AM
Jun 2013
Fucking faggots how can you cry over this. I do admit it was sad, but not enough to shed tears. Pretty good anime, fucking wastes Clannad in terms of story. Tis Makato arc reminds me a bit of the movie 'Benjamin Button'. Fuck couldn't stop laughing when Yuichi ditched the fox and it said "AUU" So scandsome lol. 8.2/10.
Nov 19, 2013 2:09 PM

Nov 2012
geez dudes. The ending of this episode was the only good part. Everything else was made for retards. So stupid.
Dec 8, 2013 3:38 PM
May 2013
Second anime i've shed tears for, was thinking through out the second half (right untill the glimps of hope at the end) "this is just too sad....."
Dec 24, 2013 8:09 AM

Dec 2013
My god, this episode was so emotional. By far the best one of the series so far. It was so heatbreaking when Makoto's bell stopped ringing and her arm fell. Everything before that was heartwarming, though. I personally hope they focus on more of the characters in the upcoming episodes. I really like this arc (assuming it is over), but I hope Yuichi hangs out with all the other characters like he did in the first few episodes.
Dec 30, 2013 12:16 PM

Aug 2013
Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck!

I started crying like a little bitch when Nayuki mom started to cry. And when Yuuichi started to talk to her with a broken voice after they married, that was too much :(

It was a great tear jerker episode. I didn't really understand the ending though. Was she still alive, or was it from Yuuichi imagination?
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jan 7, 2014 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
Didn't cry, but it was seriously sad as hell.
Mar 11, 2014 4:15 PM

Sep 2013
The feels are strong with this one , seeing Mokoto on the hill with her cat did brighten my mood for sure , this was a really good episode! it brought a tear to my eye ;_; Sugoi!
Mar 26, 2014 6:24 PM
Oct 2013
Okay, WTF?! Was she revived...I hope not. It's not because I hate her it just because I hate plot devices like that. I hope Makoto's out of the picture from here on. Man, it's just like Clannad:AS...

I still loved the episode and the arc as a whole.
Jun 22, 2014 2:45 PM

Oct 2013
I think I spent almost the entire episode crying... I suppose I should expect nothing less out of a Key anime.

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Nov 7, 2014 7:08 AM
Jul 2018
I've been rewatching this series lately, and damn... This episode hit me hard... I cried more than I remember crying the first time...
I'm so happy I'm rewatching this! And at the same time I'm so sad about Makoto ;__; The ending to this episode was great though!
Dec 29, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2014
MAKOTO ;_;
Dec 30, 2014 5:52 AM

May 2011
The greatest part of KyoAni was the drama. Had they not actually chose the shoujo manga as a motif for the story, the ending wouldn't have been as emotional as ever. The wedding was a great new addition, with the bell-ringing at the end powering the whole feel as it progresses slowly and steadily. Having watched the 2002 version before this, I am happy to say that this ending gave KyoAni an upper advantage. Obviously teared in both versions for Makoto's arc.

Nevertheless, the 2002 version had its charm, and not totally inferior to the 2006 version. I believe that the end for Makoto, while not nearly as dramatic, is better scenario-wise in the 2002 version, in which Makoto (Spoils for the 2002 version, if curious, watch it.)
That was unforgettably emotional, although Makoto disappeared as Yuuichi ran while carrying her up the hill was highly abrupt.

Both Toei's and KyoAni's Kanons were surprisingly incomplete. Yet, if both were to fuse together, I cannot demand for a more perfect anime. 5/5
grayrebornnhyDec 30, 2014 5:57 AM
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Dec 30, 2014 5:56 AM

May 2011
fitarol15 said:
MAKOTO ;_;

Seeing you liked KyoAni's Kanon so much, you should try the 2002 version. Flawed, but still very good.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jan 16, 2015 7:30 PM

Jul 2014
grayrebornnhy said:
fitarol15 said:
MAKOTO ;_;

Seeing you liked KyoAni's Kanon so much, you should try the 2002 version. Flawed, but still very good.

i think i should , because they split things here and here so i have to watch 2006 and 2002 so i guess yeah i should
Feb 9, 2015 11:47 AM

Feb 2015
Since this is Episode 10, and theres 14 more, I know for sure I will cry a few more times...
The level of crying to this episode is almost on par with Clannad...but I will have to see how the later episodes go.

I refuse to look at any spoilers, I want it to hit me hard
Mar 30, 2015 8:14 PM

Nov 2014
It was a very sad and touching episode, to my own surprise though I didn't cry.

Makoto with the cat at the end. <3
Mar 31, 2015 8:19 PM

Dec 2014
God damnit, throughout the whole episode I cried, or was on the urge to..

Piro's back
yay

I gotta give it to this show though, I don't think I felt this sad in the first half of Clannad. Maybe in the last couple episodes of the first one. I really felt attached to Makoto and Yuichi's bond.
LeMastaMar 31, 2015 8:22 PM
Apr 1, 2015 2:46 PM

Nov 2009
I still think this is the best adaption of any Key source. This episode always hits the feels hard.

Very first time an anime made me cry, also the primary reason I bought the DVD boxset. The drama in Kanon outweighs Clannad by miles but it does not get the respect it deserves from the majority of fans.
Oct 17, 2015 5:38 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Well, this episode could be emotional if I cared about the characters. No offense, I just don't feel any attachment to them.
Jun 11, 2016 11:33 PM
May 2013
it's been six years since i first watched this show, but this episode never fails to royally fuck me up.

like - i can't be rational about this show. i'd have so many bones to pick with it if an overly dramatic line or an underdeveloped concept bothered me. but the way it breaks your heart throughout this and the two episodes before, and then slowly puts it back together - starting when the first note of the extended ED plays, and culminating at the shot of Makoto sleeping on the hill during springtime, courtesy of Yuuichi's "i wouldn't even have to think about it (what i'd wish for)" - is one of the biggest emotional rollercoasters i've had the pleasure of riding.

Kanon 2006 will always be a top five anime for me, even if we were lucky enough to get a four-cour Kanon 2020 or something. it has wrapped itself around so many corners of my heart.
felipecardelJun 11, 2016 11:40 PM
Jun 27, 2016 6:51 PM

Jul 2015
Tbh I didn't like Makoto one bit when she was first introduced. She was so annoying and I tend to dislike tsundere characters. But now that I realized what her old life was like as well as her motives for being that way...

My eyes are sweating bullets. I don't remember doing exercise today though. :'(
Sep 7, 2016 11:48 PM

Jun 2016
My God... haven't cried quite as much as that in a while. Episode 9 & 10 I just cried non-stop. What a terrible thing it is to have to sit and watch someone's mind/body deteriorate, while not being able to do anything to stop it... Seeing her slowly lose her ability to speak and move was absolutely heartbreaking! Anything about losing someone always really effects me, and I really didn't see this whole thing coming when I was on ep 2 or 3. Not sure I would have went through with watching tbh lol. Watched the episodes last night and I still feel sad about it 24 hrs later. Hits too close to home I guess. Amazing episode even with the knife in your heart lol. I'm really loving this show. I cry a lot anyways, but this pushed it to the next level for me. Makoto being my favorite didn't help either. Twas like losing a friend :( Lol
RevyTwo-HandsSep 8, 2016 9:13 AM
Jan 23, 2017 6:33 AM

Oct 2014
oh fuck my heart hurts now :(

what in the hell key, first you gotta ruin me with clannad and now just completely destroy me with kanon?? who hurt you smh
Jan 27, 2017 11:18 AM

Jan 2013
Damn, that hurt me ... mostly because it reminded me of my cat dying and wanting to see her happy for her final moments since I knew it was coming :(

Decent episode though, I do wonder how many other people are animals or what other miracles we'll see like I said in the previous episode discussion.
Feb 18, 2017 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
It didnt have such an impact on me as clannad or few other ;/
Maybe later it will as I didnt like the idea with fox being a human.
At least I hope it will make me sad or maybe cry ;d
Thyriad-oPPailovFeb 18, 2017 11:10 AM
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Oct 14, 2018 5:25 PM
Oct 2018
I KEEP TELLING MYSELF IT'S OK TO CRY about an anime ! I love the story so far ! It's crazy I'm just getting to this anime !
Feb 23, 2020 8:59 PM

Oct 2013
I didn't cry this time -- just a bit teary-eyed -- but all of the goodbyes made me so sad. ;-;

Knowing Makoto's background from her introduction to her end made me appreciate her entire character more than I did the first time. She was before just an annoying tsundere, but now her childlike behavior and goofy, mildly antagonistic personality made sense. It let me appreciate her entire character more than I remember before.

RateYourMusic
last.fm
Apr 4, 2020 3:09 AM

Dec 2018
I cried. As simple as that. I knew too well what was going to happen, and I still cried.
10/10
May 3, 2020 2:22 PM

Jan 2014
Zadion said:
I didn't cry this time -- just a bit teary-eyed -- but all of the goodbyes made me so sad. ;-;

Knowing Makoto's background from her introduction to her end made me appreciate her entire character more than I did the first time. She was before just an annoying tsundere, but now her childlike behavior and goofy, mildly antagonistic personality made sense. It let me appreciate her entire character more than I remember before.

I'm currently rewatching this after 5 years of first completing it, and after knowing about what would happen I cried waaaaaaaay more

First time around I only shed some tears at the final departure when they were going back and forth with the bell.....this time around I've been crying.....for the past 3 entire episodes, and the final scene made me bawl literally

The god damn music kept making me feel worse and worse, and made holding back crying impossible. Jun Maeda is a literal god when it comes to music

From here on out I don't think any other episode will make me cry, since I only remembered the Makoto arc making me cry back then....but hey who knows maybe one of the girls arcs will do the trick.

This definitely does not get the same respect as Clannad, which is sad :/
May 6, 2020 5:39 AM

Oct 2013
DoctorWasabi said:
Zadion said:

I'm currently rewatching this after 5 years of first completing it, and after knowing about what would happen I cried waaaaaaaay more

First time around I only shed some tears at the final departure when they were going back and forth with the bell.....this time around I've been crying.....for the past 3 entire episodes, and the final scene made me bawl literally

The god damn music kept making me feel worse and worse, and made holding back crying impossible. Jun Maeda is a literal god when it comes to music

From here on out I don't think any other episode will make me cry, since I only remembered the Makoto arc making me cry back then....but hey who knows maybe one of the girls arcs will do the trick.

This definitely does not get the same respect as Clannad, which is sad :/

haha I like how you and I had the very opposite experiences with this.
I still haven't finished my rewatch, so I dunno, but I remember more of the latter character arcs than I would like. :X

RateYourMusic
last.fm
Jun 5, 2020 5:27 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, the payoff after the last three melancholic episodes is fantastic! Inevitably, couldn't help but get teary-eyed as such.

Akiko-san holding back at the start really hit me as well first up. Urge to breakdown in tears just kept intensifying from then on leading to the eventual disappearance.

It was sweet to see the picture from the booth show up. Yuuichi's wish shown in the end there plus the music was really gold, in my opinion.

This was a graceful take overall from KyoAni and I'm looking forward to what's in store for next! I suppose we'll be seeing Ayu-chan and Shiori after a while too.

I wonder what happened to the cat (Piro) after all though.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Jul 24, 2020 12:59 PM

May 2018
T_T T_T T_T
I was so tense and I was welling up so much that I forgot to breathe halfway through haha.

Makoto T_T you will be missed
Aug 11, 2020 12:38 AM

Oct 2007
Noo. Makoto.. ;_;

Glad that everyone, including Mishio was really nice to her this episode.

Yuichi only had his waifu for a few hours, then she disappear..

the writers showing Makoto alive somewhere could be bait. As the cat returned but she did not. However, I could also see plot reasons.. if she returned, she would go with him everywhere - this would make telling the stories of the other girls difficult for the writers. Showing Makoto and Piro could also be something the writers put there.. so the viewers could have their own interpretation of how the Makoto arc ends.. like for example, one could assume she only let the cat appear first, then would surprise Yuichi later.
Liddo-kunAug 15, 2020 7:21 AM
Aug 12, 2020 10:38 PM

Aug 2014
Up until this episode there was the "0 out of 5: Died watching it" vote option... why did they get rid of it just now???

This series is... wow. I get it, I understand what it's trying to do, but... something about the execution just misses the mark terribly. It's proto-Clannad in every single department. I hope things pick up from here, but this episode left a bad cloud around the whole anime for me. Not really digging that "what if there are more spirits/foxes/miracles around town" insinuation.

At least "uguu~" will be back for the next episode, it seems. All that "auu~" spam was overkill.
Dec 23, 2020 1:55 PM

Apr 2016
Well rip Makoto. Gotta say though this episode made me change my initial opinion on this anime. I had it pegged as a silly SoL with no correlation between memory loss, dreams, those sorts of things with the actual plot, or lack of explanation thereof. Half of what is going on with the characters is just mind-boggling and it's clear that there are flaws in the writing.

But, even with flaws, a character arc can still be concluded nicely. I liked Makoto's arc and I hope the future ones will be just as good.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

» Kanon (2006) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kei-clone - Dec 15, 2006

57 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 22, 12:18 AM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

63 by metalrain_15 »»
Mar 5, 12:35 AM

» Kanon (2006) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Aokaado - Dec 30, 2006

83 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 31, 2:26 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Metty - Jan 30, 2008

82 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 30, 7:06 PM

Poll: » Kanon (2006) Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Voltlighter - Dec 9, 2007

73 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Jan 11, 2:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.