Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Feb 9, 2014 2:25 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Fantasy just hit the roof this episode ;o

And oh God, Takamiya is going to get even more unwanted attention after that announcement in front of the school. His sister is still awesome as ever with her ways of dealing with problems imo. Can't believe they crashed into that building though.
Feb 9, 2014 12:20 PM

Aug 2013
Takamiya's imouto man... god I love her more and her with each episode.
Feb 9, 2014 5:10 PM
Jul 2013
Sister complex attack. Kazane will star in the next episode, yeah.
Feb 10, 2014 1:54 AM

Oct 2010
Loved the random parts with Tanpopo and Medusa playing cards, I really like how the show often randomly just shows what other characters are up to, even if they're not doing anything that's relevant to the current plot. The "Onee-chan" exchange between Ayaka and Honoka towards the end was also quite funny.
Feb 10, 2014 2:44 AM

Sep 2012
another fantastic episode!

that super-pissed off form of Kagari was amazing!

I think Takamiya handled the student council well.
Feb 10, 2014 2:51 AM

Sep 2013
Rule #1 Don't yell at their Mom :P

Improper relational ship due to socail class, no problem just change the heirarchy up XD

Lol Medusa and gang are living at his house too ;)

So much for sleeping for 3 days and where did she get the dragon?

One of Kazane's hobbies is torture :o
Feb 10, 2014 3:24 AM

Feb 2011
Not enough Tanpopo-chan.
Feb 10, 2014 4:02 AM

Aug 2013
The Onee-chan bit and penguin face rub was funny :D

In the previous episode, Medusa was trying to kill them now she's just chilling in their house. So random lol
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Feb 10, 2014 4:36 AM

Jan 2009
1. i stopped watching 1/2 way in this episode. i just realized how dumb/pointless this series is.

2. kagari x takamiya = boring. if i really liked them, then i wouldn't mind if the anime had no direction/story. however, that's not the case for me. kagari = too emotionless/overpowering. takamiya = typical/boring lead.

3. villians = crap. the bad guys talk about doing these sinister stuff for long stretches only to get owned in a couple of miuntes by an overpowering kagari.

4. story = boring/slow paced. seeing an overpowering kagari beat down those pathetic baddies wears out pretty fast. i keep waiting for something big to happen but it never gets there.

5. i should've dropped this series back in episode 2. i think it was the ED song that made me stay. i hate myself for liking such a weird song. next time, shitty 1st episodes = drop. i wish i could get my time back, but meh.

6. i'll pick this anime back up in 2 years if it gets an english dub. i really liked takamiya's sister. too bad she wasn't the main character.

DROPPED
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Feb 10, 2014 4:43 AM

Aug 2010
Really fun episode :D

Kasumi's Brocon level is just totally piercing the roof XD

Felt bad for their mom being yelled at like that. Such a cute MILF XD How she immediately went into apathy mode saying it's too much effort to breath was hilarious XD And her reaction at the end to Kazane coming was funny. Really cute mom ^^

Kasumi apologizing after Honoka told her he's angry at her was cute too <3 What a Yandere stalker this sister is XDXDXD Even planning to elope drugging Kagari like that XD..."Imouto power" FTW!!! Kasumi is kawaii <3

Lol'd at the rankings in this school. I wonder who the prince is? Also seems like we'll be seeing White princess very soon. Can't wait. Didn't expect Honoka to become the StuCo Pres though.

Medusa and her stupid subordinates are having fun it seems XD

Touko's reason for letting her VP position go was hilarious XD

And Damn! That fire witch Kagari on the monster was EPIC!!

How she was angry and wanted him to call her Onee-chan at the end was cute.

Can't wait for nxt ep...Seems we'll be having lots of fun and fanservice ^^
Feb 10, 2014 5:05 AM
Feb 2009
pree fun episode :D
Feb 10, 2014 6:45 AM

Jul 2012
Lol this anime is fun :D
Feb 10, 2014 7:08 AM

May 2013
Takamiya's mom immediately awaking after hearing that voicemail lol. Kasumi was funny in this episode. Imouto power!
Feb 10, 2014 7:30 AM

Nov 2012
NIce, This series never disappoints, its always funny.
Can't wait for next episode.
LOL at Kagari asking Takamiya to call her Oneechan.
Feb 10, 2014 8:00 AM

Oct 2011
Imouto Power YAY. But Princess Power is OP XD
Feb 10, 2014 9:01 AM

Jul 2009
Does it matter what other people think about your relationship, when the two of you and your mother altogether hold the three highest positions in the hierarchy?

Answer : Not only no, but rather unlikely that you might even care a little about what they think, no.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Feb 10, 2014 10:32 AM

Dec 2013
All hail Student Council Honoka Takamiya! That was surprising and that gives even more heat now for him, poor Takamiya. I really surprised how entertaining this anime has become, I'm going to the end.
Feb 10, 2014 10:33 AM

Nov 2010
Hahaha I'm starting to feel this series.
-The moe mom
-Adorable Kasumi
-Princess.
-The ED.
Feb 10, 2014 10:35 AM

May 2012
Great episode. Talk about sisterly love. Poor mom. She didn't need to be yelled at. Is Medusa living at Takami house? Also I think Kagari is part dragon. When she gets pissed she grows claws and bursts into flames. Can't wait for next episode.
Feb 10, 2014 11:12 AM

Jun 2012
Man, this anime is getting pretty damn good, and nothing like I expected. I'm glad I've stuck with it because it gets more and more hilarious every episode. Next episode looks funny as hell, too.
Polarity said:
Not enough Tanpopo-chan.
Ha, I couldn't have said it better myself.
Feb 10, 2014 11:45 AM

Jul 2013
lolol first scene
Honoka's mum..
Sister complex attack by Kasumi xD
Random Tanpopo and others playing cards in a room
And stuck inside the room..
LOL'ed when Takamiya became Student Council President
and when Kagari wants him to call her "onee-chan" XDXD
Anime's getting good.
Feb 10, 2014 11:55 AM
Mar 2012
Honoka is now student council president, let the dictatorship begin!
Feb 10, 2014 12:10 PM
Jan 2013
OOOOOOH, looks like everything is turning up from a frying pan to the fire kind of situation for Honoka. Kasumi is training the heat even hotter with her brocon thing.

I wonder if those 'Ivory Quintet" witches are living in some under ground space at Honoka's house? Well, Kasumi is working on something and them "Ivory Witches" are hearing.

So, I'm guessing that the student council advisor is Kagari's dad.
Baddie007Feb 10, 2014 12:17 PM
Feb 10, 2014 12:38 PM

May 2013
Oh god, this was a hilarious episode, I love Kagari's personality <3
Feb 10, 2014 1:05 PM

Apr 2013
This anime is really one of the best of this season (if we forget about some of the CGI).
I'm fallin' in love with the art style and humor more and more and I can't get enough!

fanservice next episode \(^o^)/
Feb 10, 2014 1:33 PM
Apr 2011
Barion-Zara said:
Really fun episode :D
Lol'd at the rankings in this school. I wonder who the prince is?

They pick one person, if its a boy there called a prince if there a girl there called princess. They did mention that at one point in the episode.

This show is getting better and better with each episode. I cant wait to buy Vertical's english version of the manga.
Feb 10, 2014 2:51 PM

Apr 2010
Not the best episode but still.
No wonder Kasumi is that way judging how their mother is so easily hurt by others just from a few words.
Must be hard on there children.
Best part this episode was when the president got fired and Ayaka's mother was crying of happiness because of the decision.
The president deserved it tho, the problem is her replacement didn't deserve the position.
A well that's how this anime works.
Feb 10, 2014 3:09 PM

Jun 2013
Awesome episode.Can't wait for next one.
Feb 10, 2014 3:33 PM

Jan 2011
Best part was when the Science teacher swore by Heinlein and quoted Clarke's law...

But beyond that, I'm enjoying this more and more. Why do they have Medusa and her five hapless minions stowed in their house? Why is everyone after the mc? So many questions, and each episode adds more...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 10, 2014 5:01 PM

Jan 2011
imouto Power..nuff said she indeed is the best character so far lol

Kagari was enjoying being called onee-chan a bit much :P

WT witches were just lazying around on sandby looks like they'll be invading the house along with the chairman next
Feb 10, 2014 5:32 PM

Jul 2010
Need more Tanpopo and less imouto.
Also, are Medusa and the rest of tower witches living in Takamiya's house?XD

Really fun episode, the only complain i have is that imouto is kind of annoying.
Feb 10, 2014 5:51 PM

Jul 2012
Takamiya is now the student counsel president. I hope he does a good job.

Great episode!!!
Feb 10, 2014 5:53 PM

Sep 2007
Yes. It seems the sister has a massive big brother complex. Ayaka dragging the sister face down on the ground. Nice. Now it seems Ayaka wants to be called old sister. Fun stuff.
PerringoldenFeb 10, 2014 6:24 PM
Feb 10, 2014 6:33 PM
Oct 2012
billybob300c said:
1. i stopped watching 1/2 way in this episode. i just realized how dumb/pointless this series is.

2. kagari x takamiya = boring. if i really liked them, then i wouldn't mind if the anime had no direction/story. however, that's not the case for me. kagari = too emotionless/overpowering. takamiya = typical/boring lead.

3. villians = crap. the bad guys talk about doing these sinister stuff for long stretches only to get owned in a couple of miuntes by an overpowering kagari.

4. story = boring/slow paced. seeing an overpowering kagari beat down those pathetic baddies wears out pretty fast. i keep waiting for something big to happen but it never gets there.

5. i should've dropped this series back in episode 2. i think it was the ED song that made me stay. i hate myself for liking such a weird song. next time, shitty 1st episodes = drop. i wish i could get my time back, but meh.

6. i'll pick this anime back up in 2 years if it gets an english dub. i really liked takamiya's sister. too bad she wasn't the main character.

DROPPED

You could have simplified matters by just saying: "I don't get it so I am quitting."

Nothing in this show is random, everything has had a point. Kagari isn't human, she is literally the "orange princess" (as opposed to the white princess living in Takamiya) did you fail to spot the exact same crown on her head as the white princess. The reason she has been "boring" is because she doesn't know how to be human yet and has had everyone kowtow to her; that was what she respected about Kasumi, a human willing to stand up to her (as well as a brother who worries about her).

The point of the tower witches being weak has a point, they are not the true enemy, they are well placed comic relief as the author establishes the world setting. Did it not strike you as weird that Kazune (Kagari's) mother said she was several hundred (if not thousands) of years old, yet went to school with Takamiya's mother? That Kagari was protecting Medusa was not random, somewhere around the third episode I made a comment that we need to know why the Workshop Witches protected the tower witches, this is all part of the plot.

Loved the Clarke reference, but the Heinlein was every better. Everyone knows Clarke's three rules, but why swear on Heinlein (I mean outside of his being a great writer)? I have a strong feeling this show isn't really a fantasy, if so then everything to this point has been fantastic.

You really should have faith in this animation. I hated the first episode, but it has been getting better every episode since then, and now it is running on all cylinders. I had thought this season was mah to say the least, but finally we have a show with break out potential. Cannot wait to see what happens next.
Feb 10, 2014 8:44 PM

Apr 2012
mm this episode was my least favourite... it was okay, not a fan of over protective brocon little sisters...
Feb 10, 2014 10:33 PM

Jul 2013
Imouto power FTW!!!

Although it seems that Onee-chan power won in the end XD

Kagari is so cute when trying to be "dere" with her poker face.
Feb 10, 2014 10:45 PM

Oct 2013
Although I myself have found it hard to know what's exactly going on, I still tend to find myself enjoying it regardless. After reading a comment above and re-watching the episodes(should do this more often) it all seems to make sense.

I loved his sister this episode. I still feel bad for the mother when she yelled at her like that though. That being said, they're both weird. In a good way.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 10, 2014 11:12 PM

Oct 2013
It was interestin learning about the seals
Feb 11, 2014 12:27 AM

Mar 2013
Kagari <3
Lol dat first scene, morning glory XD
haha Kasumi-chan, Imouto Power!
next more fanservice!
Feb 11, 2014 1:54 AM
Nov 2009
This show is getting so random and I like it.

Next episode looks like it's gonna be funny :)
Feb 11, 2014 3:43 AM
Apr 2013
This was a very funny episode and all the characters are entertaining

I am enjoying this show far more then I thought I would
Feb 11, 2014 4:04 AM

Aug 2010
One of my favorite show from this season in the end. Really didn't expect that.
Feb 11, 2014 7:30 AM

Oct 2013
This episode seems like filler. Nothing much.
Feb 11, 2014 8:48 AM
Feb 2013
Geeez, looks the heat is turning hotter for Honoka, now he becomes the student council president.

Kasumi should have gotten a jet instead of a turbo prop flying thing, that way she could have gotten a lot more quicker and further with Honoka.

So the Ivory Quintet and Medusa are living in Honoka's house, I guess they aren't a threat anymore.
Feb 11, 2014 8:59 AM

Feb 2012
Well next ep should be interesting now that Kagari's mom is visiting and Medusa is right there lol.
Feb 11, 2014 9:01 AM

Apr 2013
i really wanna know whats up with the tower witches

again awesome episode.

Feb 11, 2014 12:33 PM

Nov 2013
This episode passed my tolerance level. All the character tropes I hate, and the dumb setting.
Feb 11, 2014 5:08 PM

Jan 2013
Solid episode.
Feels a bit weird when it switches from serious to nonseriuos.
Feb 11, 2014 7:17 PM

Apr 2013
While watching the first episode of this show, I thought it was the most cliche, awful thing I'd seen in a while, but it' slowly became one of my favorites this season. It's like it starts off super cliche and takes audience expectation and just throws it out the window. This show is simply really off-the-wall and extremely enjoyable. I love the way that it presents the tower witches and Medusa as this huge threat at first, but by this episode they're all being hidden by the female lead and they just pop up for a brief laugh.
Feb 11, 2014 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
I like this goofy anime.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.