Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Gambling Apocalypse Kaiji
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Sep 22, 2012 4:12 PM

Sep 2008
Damn, Kaiji is such a genius. He found a way I wouldn't think of while being in such situation.
An amazing episode. I can't wait for more.
Sep 25, 2012 6:03 PM

Mar 2012
Kaiji... so far, the only character I know who can get out of a desperate situation and save himself, save someone else, kick someone's ass, bitchslap a guy, and cry manly tears all in the same episode.
Sep 30, 2012 8:30 PM
Jul 2009
Pretty great how kaiji survived!! He even saved someone else which made it even better

Mar 4, 2013 12:28 AM

Jan 2012
this show should be more popular
Jun 29, 2013 2:10 PM
Jul 2012
give us our share my ass , glad he kicked their butts but still not satisfied , had more respect for Kaiji after he freed that man , the nudity in the episode was unnecessary
Jul 21, 2013 7:31 AM

Jan 2012
KAIJI IS THE MAN.
Great arc, really did enjoyed >_<
Aug 16, 2013 12:35 PM

Jun 2011
That was *****ing awesome.
Kaiji's the man, definitely the Ultimate Survivor.

Dec 9, 2013 5:14 AM
Nov 2013
I love this series to bits and pieces! but could someone explain something to me?
When kaiji gets out of that room he takes one star from both his partners adn buys the third star. he then uses those three stars to save that man inside the room. but, if he uses those three stars on him then how does he get saved? i don't get it :/
Jan 7, 2014 9:56 AM

Jan 2013
Wow soo much to say about this episode so i will just say this.....

OMFG! Those 2 pieces of trash!!!! ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! TRULY OUTRAGEOUS!!!
Feb 1, 2014 9:42 AM

May 2013
Ok, I just marathoned the 9 first episodes and wow, this anime is great so far.

It's even more amazing, seeing how unlikable the characters are (well, except Kaiji of course). It must be one of the few shows to truly make me hate characters, and I like it ^^
Jun 2, 2014 10:54 AM

Jul 2013
Oh man. This show was kinda "side project" for me but i'm starting to really dig it.
Jun 26, 2014 11:46 AM

Jun 2012
This is really reminding me of rainbow. So damn good.
Aug 8, 2014 7:37 PM

Dec 2009
Sol_Ou said:
This is really reminding me of rainbow. So damn good.

Same here! Got that same kind of emotion impact in this episode.
Nov 26, 2014 4:04 PM

Nov 2011
Kaiji, fak, you are a man.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Feb 13, 2015 7:14 AM

Nov 2009
baka1Q48 said:
I love this series to bits and pieces! but could someone explain something to me?
When kaiji gets out of that room he takes one star from both his partners adn buys the third star. he then uses those three stars to save that man inside the room. but, if he uses those three stars on him then how does he get saved? i don't get it :/

I had the same doubt! Also if stars and money can be freely taken from another person, like how Kaiji snatched it from Andou and Furuhata, can't the rest do the same? Can't they all just brawl it out?

Forgive me if I'm being a doofus because I just resumed this show from episode 8 after more than a year of not watching it.
Feb 21, 2015 1:36 AM

Aug 2012
This anime is amazing .. Almost raged in anger when they betrayed Kaiji
Mar 7, 2015 9:42 PM

Feb 2015
WOW. That was one of the most intense episodes I've ever watched.

I hope Kaiji sends Andou to the other room in the next arc.
May 5, 2015 8:46 AM
Nov 2014
SO FUCKING AWESOME, ONE OF THE BEST EPISODE IN ANIMU EVER. Kaiji is the fucking man! Wow, what a way to end an incredible arc.

If I'm not sold now to this show, I'm sure as hell now.
May 6, 2015 6:08 PM

Jun 2014
I won't be satisfied until I see both of them sent to the other room

Aug 18, 2015 1:37 PM

Jan 2015
Seriously, Kaiji better turn into a "bad guy". His sense of trust should be shattered by now. Instead he decides to save a useless old guy when he could get out debt-free... Makes no sense. I hate it when things like this come up just for the purpose of continuing the story.

FreaXoid said:
Also if stars and money can be freely taken from another person, like how Kaiji snatched it from Andou and Furuhata, can't the rest do the same? Can't they all just brawl it out?

Same for this, just for the purpose of the story.
Sep 22, 2015 11:36 PM

Jun 2015
I love Kaiji's brain and heart, he's a very fast thinker and good guy

baka1Q48 said:

He was already saved by Okabayashi gang
Oct 21, 2015 7:44 PM

Aug 2013
Woah, Kaiji, mah nigga... That was beautiful :'S
In all that despair, Kaiji showed them a bit of hope. Now I want to see Kaiji against the world! Let them drown in your sadness!

Honestly, the whole episode was freaking badass. Even Kaiji crying is badass. Kaiji beating that fucker was badass. Naked Kaiji is badass. I'm now a Kaiji fan.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 18, 2015 8:36 AM

Jul 2013
poor Kaiji, such frustration. He went through all that shit and this is all he gets?
Dec 3, 2015 3:42 PM

Jan 2013
This shit is fucking brilliant
Feb 25, 2016 4:12 PM

Mar 2012
So much respect for Kaiji after this episode. Glad he saved that poor fella who was betrayed by someone he trusted just like he was.
Mar 23, 2016 2:32 PM

Mar 2010
Kaiji is quickly becoming one of my favorite characters. What a fucking badass.
May 7, 2016 8:05 AM

Jan 2016
watching this is anxiety lmao
Jun 7, 2016 7:43 AM

Aug 2014
I loved that kick into Ando's face, he deserved more lol
Great Episode.
looking forward for more.
Mar 24, 2017 1:53 AM

Dec 2011
This was totally an awesome episode.Such despair and Kaiji is just a boss this episode.
Jul 4, 2017 1:16 PM

Sep 2016
holy shit this anime is so addicting,
twist after twist, cliffhanger after cliffhanger, I keep telling myself to stop watching and continue tomorrow, yet here I am already in episode 9, which is the first non-cliffhanger ending episode lol.
great janken game, didn't expect to last this long without losing any tension.
I hope the next games are as good as this.

KAIJI-SAN!!!
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 28, 2017 1:23 AM

Dec 2015
Finally the Rock-Paper-Scissor game is over! Just don't tell me that Kaiji is going to trust those 2 again after what they did especially the fat pig Ando.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Aug 29, 2017 3:03 AM

May 2016
This is the best episode yet! It came across my mind that he's smuggling something under those bandages but I couldn't tell what he can smuggle at the time. To think that beatdown led to his salvation. Such clever thievery to crawl out of the pits of despair is fit for a man called "the Ultimate Survivor".

I wanted Ando to be beaten up more since he was the one who backstabbed Kaiji and even had the gall to act like he's not guilty by telling him that giving away the money he earned is unfair. Furuhata got some sense slapped into him coz he was an indecisive pussy the whole time lol. They should be grateful that they even barely managed ti survive through the night. Saving that geezer using the money they fought over instead of letting those who will burden their parents with debt made me really like him as a character~ Fight the power!

Oct 2, 2017 11:15 AM

Feb 2013
I'm glad he saved that old man, I don't think that he will be betrayed by him.
Oct 8, 2017 1:07 PM

Apr 2017
I nearly teared up when Kaiji used his money to free that man. Definitely the best episode so far.
Oct 9, 2017 10:14 AM
Jul 2017
The expression on Kaiji's face when he's released from the "naked hellhole" and marching towards his two betrayers....

I started watching this after someone recommended it in the Kakegurui discussion. This anime is so much better.
...but then again, I unironically like Warau Salesman.
Oct 22, 2017 12:16 PM
Mar 2015
Did they explain why Kaiji got to snatch those 2 stars?
Dec 3, 2017 6:24 PM

Jul 2016
i unexpectedly laughed when kaiji bit the guy's foot lmao. it was just funny how everything escalated so fast. HOLY SHIT! THE DUDE HAD HIS TREASURES HIDDEN IN THE INJURY PATCH AND SOMEHOW throughout kaiji's depression and livid anger, kaiji snatched that bitch! or were the rings on his/in his foot? i'm confused. i... really can't deny how... wow. it's been a long time since my mind has been blown, not blown to the smithereens yet but it's up there. and he saved the guy left behind! MY MAN KAIJI. seriously damn finger lickin good, this show, it is. oh god. i'm...
honestly not satisfying, he should have taken all of andou and furuhata's stars. furuhata, although he does have somewhat of a conscience gave kaiji his debt. andou is a pigsty fat fuck who has betrayed him multiple times. both of them owe everything to kaiji, he helped them out so much even when he had a chance to get outta there. big f u.
Feb 9, 2018 8:05 PM

Jan 2015
Probably the best episode so far. This show, this protagonist, so brilliant.
Mar 6, 2018 4:30 PM

Nov 2016
Damn,the despair felt so real and despite all the hurdles Kaiji still made it and even saved someone,what a guy.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Mar 12, 2018 9:02 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Manly tears were shed.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Mar 14, 2018 1:54 PM

May 2016
What a great episode and just reminded me of how disgusting money is and how true despair feels like in the bottom of the abyss.

Kaiji surely claimed that he is a man among men what a great character.
Farabeuf said:
Manly tears were shed.
Same here T-T
RaizelMar 15, 2018 12:54 AM
Apr 1, 2018 4:34 PM
Jun 2017
Usually, you define your favourite serie as that which you can see thousands of times that you never get bored, what is more, you get more engaged. I'm not writting this post to tell this is going to be(because there are 15 episodes left to see) one of my favourite animes. I just say that this episode, which puts an end to the first arch, has given me all I needed to praise it as a perfect one. Three facts bring me to this point. First of all , the great resolution of the drama was pretty unexpected and very clever. What kaiji thinks to solve it, comes from thinkin about the humans aim of being benefited above all, what is simply genius. This reference serves as an antithesis with ither main point of the chapter; saving the guy. Doing this , kaiji shows how a man should be , damn, when no one would claim him nothing if he just went away with the money after the betrayal of the two pieces of shits, he just continues trusting humans. This two facts, so different apparently are what best define humans, their two faces. And it is what makes the money speech being so awesome.It is not only against the people who are upstairs looking how they try to save their lifes, but it is against something bigger; humankind crave of money and power.
The sum of all these things make me take my hat off to this amazing chapter, and to assume Kaiji has become one of my most favourite characters ever.
Lastly , to say that if it would have ended up here, this anime would have been a masterpiece, I hope they do not low the level
Apr 3, 2018 7:58 AM

Dec 2014
Alrexu1789 said:
Usually, you define your favourite serie as that which you can see thousands of times that you never get bored, what is more, you get more engaged. I'm not writting this post to tell this is going to be(because there are 15 episodes left to see) one of my favourite animes. I just say that this episode, which puts an end to the first arch, has given me all I needed to praise it as a perfect one. Three facts bring me to this point. First of all , the great resolution of the drama was pretty unexpected and very clever. What kaiji thinks to solve it, comes from thinkin about the humans aim of being benefited above all, what is simply genius. This reference serves as an antithesis with ither main point of the chapter; saving the guy. Doing this , kaiji shows how a man should be , damn, when no one would claim him nothing if he just went away with the money after the betrayal of the two pieces of shits, he just continues trusting humans. This two facts, so different apparently are what best define humans, their two faces. And it is what makes the money speech being so awesome.It is not only against the people who are upstairs looking how they try to save their lifes, but it is against something bigger; humankind crave of money and power.
The sum of all these things make me take my hat off to this amazing chapter, and to assume Kaiji has become one of my most favourite characters ever.
Lastly , to say that if it would have ended up here, this anime would have been a masterpiece, I hope they do not low the level

i recently finished this anime and it left a mark on me. the first arc is awesome in how it explains the mechanics of the game and how kaiji tries to find loopholes. i dont want praise and make ur expectations too high since it might ruin ur experience least to say everyone needs to watch this series. i just finished this like a week ago and its fresh in my memory.
anyway i'm working my way towards season 2 now.
PS: avoid spoilers to this series at all costs
Send me Friend requests!!!!
Oct 21, 2018 5:31 PM
Jul 2018
This anime is if the first ten episodes of death note and Lord of the Flies had a baby.
Nov 23, 2018 4:28 PM

Nov 2018
Oh God...wow, so many twists and turns in just one episode. This is the best one so far.
I had no idea how Kaiji was going to make it out of that one...and when he used those 3 stars he bought to save that man left in the room, I almost teared up. Kaiji is such an interesting character. Yeah, he got out his revenge on the ones that betrayed him, but in the end he directed his anger at money itself...how it turns you into a monster, takes away your humanity.
Live-action Japanese media that I've seen: https://mydramalist.com/dramalist/AmandaBear
Non-Japanese movies & TV shows that I've seen: https://www.imdb.com/user/ur29585794
Jan 23, 2019 7:58 PM
Aug 2017
this is the boiling point for Kaiji, he bout to get them extra gainz
Mar 1, 2019 6:26 PM

Oct 2016
This is being so manly.
Mar 4, 2019 9:32 AM

Aug 2017
Now, I fucking hate Furuhata too.

I didn't think it was possible for Kaiji to get out of this mess but in the end he used logic. I'm glad that he saved Ishida too. Also, I liked that Kaiji kicked Andou.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 1, 2019 6:50 PM

Jul 2012
Awesome! Kaiji-san is epic!

Unfortunately this episode reminded me of Brazilian politicians....
Why, you say... Don't you get it?

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.
May 4, 2019 12:00 PM

Feb 2019
What an amazing episode! Kaiji taking the stars back and saving the guy was such a badass thing to do!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 25, 2007

76 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:42 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 14, 2007

90 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 2:20 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Dec 12, 2007

67 by DevilsMayMew »»
Apr 1, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Nov 23, 2007

136 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 28, 11:43 PM

Poll: » Kaiji Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zq - Nov 20, 2007

57 by DevilsMayMew »»
Mar 28, 11:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.