Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 26, 2009 10:57 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, I must say, this manga is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover, both in the themes in the actual story, and the manga itself. judging from the artwork alone i didnt think i was gonna get into this one, but the humor in this one really makes up for it. one thing im a bit surprised they never tried though, was I wonder what would happen if they tried just styling his hair down like when it got wet, and trying some cosmetic contact lenses? could have been part of ryoko's quest to make him seem normal, and would be pretty funny when it backfired like everything else does.
Jun 28, 2009 11:30 AM

May 2008
i was always delaying this manga because it had silly name and i didn't like description of this manga that much. After i forced myself to read first chapter, i was hooked and i really liked it.
Dec 7, 2009 4:56 PM

Jan 2008
WOW yup, at first i didnt really want to read this manga becasue i wasnt drawn into the cover, and iffy about the art but after i reconsidered (like 6 months later) and began on the first chapter, i was drawn in. It was a great manga and i regret that i did put it off.
Jan 9, 2010 8:20 AM

Jul 2009
Nice..i really like Ikuno and her logic and her words are simply fun XD
Jan 27, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2009
This was a very good manga, simply hilarious at times.

And I really liked seeing the art get better and better with each volume.
Feb 5, 2010 12:31 AM

Dec 2009
man! this was an awsome manga
WHY! isnt there an anime?
Feb 5, 2010 6:23 AM

May 2009
Excalibur1 said:
WHY! isnt there an anime?
Actually, there is an OVA. I haven't been able to find it subbed though. You can find the RAWs on YouTube and the links are in this thread: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=133822
Mar 15, 2010 5:22 PM

Sep 2007
I agree with the crap art in the beginning, I actually dropped this manga after reading the first 2 chapters. the art was way to old school and retarded to keep me focused, it was simply a put off. Angel Densetsu is good and left me with a good feeling but i couldn't help but reread the first few chapters to remind myself how horrid the art was.

stAtic91 said:
This was a very good manga, simply hilarious at times.

And I really liked seeing the art get better and better with each volume.

I guess this is what happens when its been published for 8 years and chapters being released in a monthy period. you can tell that Norihiro Yagi is getting better at drawing over those years. I cant imagine what his earlier manga (UNdeadman) would be like, who knows maybe even scarier than Kitano?

Ikuno and her little foreign friend Leo reminded me of Claymore, i guess this is where he got his idea for Claymore from.
Apr 27, 2010 8:54 PM

Dec 2009
This is the best manga ever.
Jan 26, 2012 7:46 AM
Jan 2010
8,5/10
I liked the first half of the manga alot better then the second half.
Jun 27, 2012 2:02 AM

Nov 2011
Great read.
I was honestly taken a back a bit by the art and the way the main character looked.(I understood they were trying to make him look bad but that was like a giant level beyond "evil" looking. Kudos to the makers!) However after reading a few chapters and continuing forward I just kept going on and on and just loved it. Humorous with a touch of romance is always a great thing.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Nov 9, 2012 6:01 PM
Aug 2007
Just finished it.. that was great...

I don't usuallly read manga, but I must have marathoned the last 50-60 chapters in the last two days. Loved it. Very funny moments and some great characters.

I didn't mind the art at all. The girls looks very pretty and the guys looked cool (most of them at least). Kuroda was an excellent character as well, even though he became a bit repetitive in the later chapters once he just became a fool for Ryoko..

Anyway. I very much enjoyed this manga, I wish there was a proper anime of this.. it would work really well IMO..
Aug 19, 2013 4:39 AM
Jul 2012
It was fantastic. Without a doubt one of my top 10 mangas I've read. It's hilarious but at the same time poignant. The ending of the manga was also done well. Not rushed, but went out with a bang to remember how awesome everyone is. Not once did I think it was boring. Having just read through the manga a second time, it's comedy and action has kept it's charm still and perhaps it was even more enjoyable to read it the second time.
Nov 27, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2012
-Worth reading.
One of the best manga.

Jan 22, 2014 9:08 PM
Aug 2012
Impressive stuff.
Jun 4, 2014 4:57 AM

Feb 2014
realy hard believe 84 chap is last i what read more Angel Densetsu is real great work
Jun 26, 2014 5:09 PM

Nov 2011
Now please make a proper anime, gems like this are hard to find.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Sep 4, 2014 10:53 AM

Aug 2012
worth reading for sure 10/10 ^^
Oct 1, 2014 6:10 AM

Oct 2010
Just finished reading this manga too :) I have nothing but good things to say about this. Enjoyed every characters (few were a bit annoying at times, but not overly), the atmosphere was really good and most of all the MC Kitano and Ikuno were really entertaining :P
Jan 29, 2015 9:57 PM

Mar 2012
I really loved the character dynamics in this manga. Especially the female leads. It's rare seeing actually strong female lead characters who stay strong throughout, especially in this genre.

Perhaps I had been sheltered in this regard beforehand, but it was also widely-eye opening for me to finally see what it was like to be someone who others judged by their appearance.

I really enjoyed this journey and this manga will hold a home in my heart.
May 14, 2015 7:01 PM

Jun 2014
what a great way to stole a kiss. well done Ryoko
Ikuno still hasnt yet given up, she's still planning to be Kitano's lover. well gudluck
Jul 18, 2015 1:21 AM

Nov 2011
Good series overall, solid romance building and the story overall was quite interesting from start to finish. Also loved the old school art. 7/10.
Jul 25, 2015 2:28 PM

May 2012
Pretty solid ending, I quite liked how all the characters developed and how everything got so perfectly presented! I really wish they'd make a full anime out of this manga!
Nov 30, 2015 11:49 AM

Jun 2015
awesome manga! i really enjoyed reading it
surely recommended
Dec 23, 2015 9:43 AM

Jul 2015
It's been quite some time where I've read something as exciting as Kitano's life and have the end get nicely wrapped up with a ribbon.
I'm such a sucker for seeing relationships progress like they have in Angel Densetsu x////x
Jan 16, 2016 8:56 AM
Jan 2016
The relationship between Ryoko and Kitano is so cute! I was kind of hesitant about this manga at first hiding by its art but it turned out amazing. Loved the ending!
May 17, 2016 8:31 PM

Sep 2015
84 is the last one so why its 89 here in mal?
Aug 2, 2016 2:21 AM

Nov 2014
Ehh I preferred Ikuno xD
While ending was rather open I feel surprisingly satisfied. Maybe because it was long enough so I can easily guess what will happen next, or maybe thanks to solid characters. Idk, but I think it's first time I liked ending like that.
Nov 15, 2016 9:06 PM

May 2015
Really good read. wow. loved all the main characters except maybe kusoda. really good comedy. wished they did a full anime of this, not just an ova.
Jan 22, 2017 10:44 AM
Jul 2015
Holy. What a manga. I am so disappointed in myself for hesitating on read this because of the cover art. Every single aspect of this series can only be described as charming. Character, art, story, dialogue. Charming, charming, charming, and charming. It concluded itself ever so nicely where I want a bit more (mostly Takehisa) but at the same time, I'm completely satisfied. The author's afterword is probably the best part of the last chapter, imo. Truly bittersweet but mostly sweet. Thanks for the great read, Yagi Norihiro. I might just pick up Claymore now because of this.
Mar 20, 2017 10:00 PM

Jun 2015
That was a really awesome ride. Just an unstoppable group at the end there.
:)
Sep 24, 2017 3:08 PM

Dec 2015
Unfortunately in my experience, most comedy manga today, at best will make you giggle occasionally. With this manga though, it was pretty much the norm to laugh out loud at almost every chapter.

With it's only demerit being the art, for me this is a solid 9/10.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 25, 2017 9:46 AM

Mar 2015
Really love the manga. Once you get adjusted to its art style (since it was an old manga to begin with), it's actually a really good written manga with developments.

I'm just sad that the Leo and the loli arc was rather the meh part of this series. They barely contribute anything to the plot other than pushing Ikuno to realize her love for Kitano, which is still an open ending for a possible harem route.

Dec 6, 2017 2:39 AM

Apr 2012
I found this one after finishing Claymore and realized the author had another manga. I skimmed some pages whiteout reading the summary and thought it was a high school battle series so I drooped it. A couple years later I stumble across the OVA and it was the funnies thing I ever saw.

I read the manga in 3 days as an overall rating i give it an 9/10 but as a comedy it a 10/10. It had a perfect ending the only loose ends are the 7 shadow guidance chancellors we only got to see 4 of them and the principal plot didn't get a resolution. I thing the Halford Family ark could have bean skiped and introduce the principal ark.
Dec 26, 2017 12:30 AM

Dec 2013
Ikuno seemed to be the most favored girl (most MAL favorites) despite Ryoko being the main girl. She definitely had the most personality that even Ryoko's friend knows it lol. It's a tough choice for me too and the series definitely could have went down the harem route if the author wanted it to. The President girl (photo girl) and Sana (little white girl) seemed to like Kitano too. Even though it wasn't harem, I still think it was sweet how it's Kitana and Ryoko at the end. As the author said in the afterword, his favorite was all the characters. I would be troubled deciding on the best girl too.

Overall, not much else I can add as everyone else has pretty much mentioned how I would feel about the series. It's definitely a great manga to read and teaches an incredible lesson to not judge a book or person by the cover.
Jan 5, 2018 6:11 PM

Jan 2014
very good manga. the very example of don't judge people by it's cover.
but too bad, the author didn't give a proper ending.
I wish it more like the conclusion about who Kitano are, after all those misunderstanding happening around him. I expect to see Kitano daily life to be like before he moved to the town, when everyone already know Kitano and doesn't afraid of him.
Sep 7, 2018 12:35 AM

Aug 2016
I wouldnt mind a one shot with a time skip. Really good manga, Kitano is the kind friend we all had, but we didnt value till we grow up
MichaelJacksonJul 26, 2021 9:40 PM
:v
Oct 29, 2018 7:23 PM

May 2012
Hey guys just finished the manga Angel Densestu and just wanted to share my thoughts on it starting with the ending chapter .... which was interesting it felt satisfactory but at the same time wth man how can the author not show us the kiss after so much dicking around the whole series, i mean it's still wayyyyy better then like 90% of haremn series i mean here at least they did kiss but well still kind of a dick move.

Anyways aside from that the ending itself was kind of satisfactory the last volume itself was pretty nice shows all the people that Kitano has gotten along with and i like how it didn't turn into some "he made them better" or something like that it was just he became friends with them and that's cuz they were able to get over his weird appearance.

The manga itself was pretty fun the misunderstandings were sometimes pretty funny and the side characters were all great, Kitano is who i have one of the biggest problems with he appeared to have mild retardation at many points in the story not understanding that people were scared of him or that they were trying to fight him which was weird cuz at other times he clearly shows that he knows that people fear him.

The best part about this manga is definitely the side characters they all actually grow quite a bit and it's very nice seeing how they grow and change thx to Kitano, still some of them are just unbearable to watch starting with the biggest piece of shit of this manga Kuroda, the big thug that just wont stop being a pain throughout the whole damn series my god did i hate him i'm so glad that the author just made him disappear around halfway through the manga lol turns 100% more enjoyable then, also along with Kitano some of the other characters also show cerebral impairment thinking that Kitano is an ACTUAL devil like i know it was supposed to be the joke but it doesn't work when you're trying to make a serious manga cuz some moments the characters act like normal human beings and then the next they just go fucking bonkers out of nowhere so you don't know if they're playing around or what, still the main cast is pretty fun to be around especially Ryoko and Ikuno you can really tell that the Author likes to draw strong female protagonists and i respect how he doesn't even use panty shots lol there's like 5 throughout the series and i think it was just his editors pressuring him into it or something "cmon bro do it for the horny teenagers out there", both were great.

I gotta say this author is a real master at not giving a fuck about his initial idea this went the exact same route as Claymore halfway in the series turns into a completely different series then the first couple of chapters and that change is for the better in both cases, the biggest hurdle in this manga is definetly the art in the beginning chapters which is very, very weird but it improves a lot by the end and that's where he starts Claymore at lol Ikuno is pretty much Clare and not just in design she has the same weird personality and Kitano ends up being the design for the fucking Yoma lol.

Good read for anyone that likes this type of shit the ending aside from the shit with the kiss is pretty nice and also props to the mini-story about how Kitanos parents met that was one of my favorites parts of the manga lol.

Truly, comparisons between fellow humans are what turn out to be the most infuriating.
Jan 26, 2019 2:21 PM
Aug 2018
That was a great read. Although the art is simplistic, the characters and the story totally drew me in. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop anymore.

I only wish that there would have been another chapter involving Ryokos father in which he finally sees that Seiichirou is a good person.

And the two chapters about how his parents met were really cute and had nice parallels to the present time. :)
Feb 3, 2019 12:20 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Funny, sweet and unpretentious manga. It's crazy to see how much Yagi evolved as an artist if you compare early Angel Desetsu with some of his stuff on Claymore.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 22, 2019 6:25 AM
Oct 2018
Really glad that I read this manga. It was hilarious. The character development was decent and art work got better with time.... it really made me laugh in my difficult situation. And lastly great ending. 9/10 for me.
Jan 16, 2020 10:07 PM

Oct 2017
I saw a clip from the OVA about 2-3 years ago and decided I wanted to read this series but always pushed it off. Well I finally did it. This final chapter was great and I couldn't think of any better way to end it but with a brawl. We were able to see all the "villains" from previous arcs and what they are doing now and how even though some people that faced Kitano before realized he was just a normal guy, they didn't want to fight him because he had already beaten them. Almost every character ended up being enjoyable at the end of this series. It was nice to see their development and how the art improved. I give this series either 8 or 9/10 and I think for now it's best to say 9/10. Thanks for Angel Densetsu Norihiro Yagi!
Jul 12, 2020 3:53 AM

Mar 2020
Very amazing manga, I can't describe how wholesome and good this manga made me feel. 10/10 for me
Joe, Joe Forever....
Aug 10, 2020 9:30 AM
Aug 2015
What a great manga! At first I was curious when I watched the OVA but when I read the manga I just find myself hooked in it. A good manga will always make you feel mixed emotions when you finished it.
Aug 18, 2020 7:11 PM

Nov 2016
It's been a really long time since I finished a manga where I felt a strong connection with all the characters. It gave many great laughs and the heart touching moments made me reflect on my own life. I can't really put my thoughts into words that well but the best way I can describe this is a journey. It truly was an amazing experience reading this. I'll miss seeing what goes on in Hekikuu Town.
Oct 4, 2020 9:54 PM
Mar 2015
As a huge fan of Yagi's Claymore, I heard about his other work with Angel Densetsu. Glad I read this manga because this was a pretty fun read.

Calling it now if this manga ever gets a TV adaptation sometime in the future, I'd feel like Kitano would totally be voiced by Gakuto Kajiwara, just saying.
Feb 4, 2021 8:14 AM

Mar 2020
This was some of the funniest shit i've read/seen in a minute, especially the 1st half of the series. some of the stories were repetitive but the characters were just goated & carried the story most of the time
BlufaceBabyFeb 5, 2021 8:17 AM
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Feb 13, 2023 7:17 AM
Jan 2017
Nobody:
Not a single soul:
Kitano Seiichiro: KIIEEEEEEEEEE! *says Kitano calmly while running and doing the Y-pose
Gintoki and Joseph ftw!
Also, STR or DEX? Quality build, of course!

More topics from this board

Poll: » Angel Densetsu Chapter 35 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2015

2 by rodmanii »»
Dec 17, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Angel Densetsu Chapter 30 Discussion

joe_g7 - Jul 3, 2017

2 by rodmanii »»
Dec 10, 2023 8:51 PM

Poll: » Angel Densetsu Chapter 18 Discussion

Surana - Dec 7, 2015

3 by X__Pluto__X »»
Jun 26, 2023 3:34 AM

» A joke extended for too long...

PxHC - Jun 11, 2023

4 by DeltaWDunn »»
Jun 12, 2023 10:20 AM

Poll: » Angel Densetsu Chapter 78 Discussion

VitaX - Oct 30, 2011

9 by Trap_Traps_Traps »»
Feb 16, 2022 3:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.