Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 2, 2009 11:04 PM

Dec 2007
Alicia is so cute, and I adored her so much! This episode was enjoyable for me, and it was nice to see the introductions of Selvaria, Maximillian, and others. The anime may be different to the game due to characters and their attitude, but I don’t mind about that one.
May 3, 2009 2:21 AM

Jun 2008
ha, when the emperor spoke I nearly fell out of my chair yelling RUUUUUUUURUUUUUSHHHHHHHHHH!!!
May 3, 2009 6:36 AM

Jul 2008
I don't think I caught a word that Maximilian said cause I just kept seeing Lelouch. Alicia is great.
May 3, 2009 8:41 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was a bit dull compared to all the others, but it was nice seeing more of Alicia's personality. And a good lead up to what looks like a great battle in the next episode.
May 3, 2009 9:23 AM

Feb 2008
Good episode. Had some funny moments.

|:<
May 3, 2009 9:28 AM

Jan 2008
I gotta say this anime really does a great job of being complimentary to the game. I kind of like their approach of focusing more on extra character development scenes that broadens the game's characters rather than sticking solely to scenes from the game.

yakyuu-addict said:
I don't think I caught a word that Maximilian said cause I just kept seeing Lelouch. Alicia is great.

Ditto ditto

Barbobot said:
Actually Alicia was pretty different in the game. She's not tsundere at all. I don't remember many, if any, of these type of reactions she having in the anime happening in the game.

She definitely isn't tsundere, although good thing too. English dubs for Welkin/Alicia are far too horrible and if she tried to be tsundere in the game I think it would shatter my image of that entire character archetype.

ErwinJA said:

Has anybody else wondered at the aburdity of a general commanding a company? He'd be at least 4 or 5 ranks to high for that . . .

Gallia's military structure is weird, just remind self of that. Welkin's squad 7 was definitely no squad later in the game, it's was looking more like a reinforced platoon. So yeah, whatevers.
Besides, it looks like they spent little to no time designing the official military's stuff...
seeing as their uniforms are a gaudy bright blue that make them stand out like a sore thumb...
or the fact the 'militia' somehow carries more armor than the official 'military'. This wasn't quite the case in the game though as all the military units had oversized helmets.
AoriiMay 3, 2009 11:00 AM
May 3, 2009 1:11 PM

Mar 2008
Nice episode. Good introductions of the bad guys. I liked how Faldio made fun of Alicia ^^
Welkin also made the good choice again :)
May 4, 2009 9:41 PM

May 2008
De-JaY said:
Good episode. Had some funny moments.

|:<

May 11, 2009 4:47 AM

Jan 2008
Gotta love Alicia.
May 18, 2009 2:13 AM

Jun 2008
After three episodes the anime wasn't bad but i was wondering if it will get better or fall completely as it goes. Fortunately the 4th episode really made things better and now i can't wait to see the next.
Alicia was so cute that the "I want to take her home" feeling woke up inside me. Although she did overreact seeing Faldio half naked. His a man anyway. Is not that big of deal if he is going around with out a shirt.

The blond guy reminded me of Lohengramm too. And he really does have a roman thing about him.
As for Gregor. Lol at japanme32 comment about looking like a Nazi SS officer. That's the first thing i thought while watching him also.
May 27, 2009 12:20 AM

May 2008
Overall, this episode was just okay and not as action-oriented as the past few. It's basically a day in the life of Squad 7 in the barracks, I guess. But man, Alicia is so moe! It was nice to see the introductions of Maximillian, Selvaria and Gregor. Some highlights were Alicia's many scenes of moe, like with the pantsu and whatnot, and when we finally got to see some more members of Squad 7, particularly Edy and Marina.

The next episode looks promising. Largo finally ends up using the lancer-rocket-thing like he's supposed to. I do hope that each character follows their corresponding class unlike the last episode when everyone just had a carbine like a scout.
Jul 6, 2009 5:56 PM

Jun 2008
I liked it, it seems to be keeping up the pace so far. No really action happened, but I am curious to see the battle strategy for the next episode.
Jul 8, 2009 12:52 AM

Jul 2008
Man, the Empire seems pretty badass. Especially Schneizel-lookalike and Selvaria, who's fierce already. Alicia's great as always and the end was funny.
Aug 12, 2009 7:35 PM

Aug 2008
The regulars have failed once again, its time to send in the Militia and do this right!

This sounds really familliar!

This upcoming battle should prove more action packed considering the addition of squad 1 and the presence of an imperial general.

and HANDS OFF Faldio, Alicia X Welkin wooooo!

Aug 12, 2009 8:55 PM

Jul 2009
Nyanta said:
and HANDS OFF Faldio, Alicia X Welkin wooooo!

and HANDS OFF Alicia, Welkin X Faldio X Batomys woooo!
MECHA SMEX FTW, wooooo!

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Aug 18, 2009 5:20 PM

Aug 2008
hahaha i liked the slap! it was so funny! XD
Jun 2, 2010 6:47 AM

Sep 2009
good introduction of the enemy officers :)
Selvaria is hot :)
alsooo Alicia was really cute in this episode :D

Jun 20, 2010 11:05 PM

Sep 2008
Haha, I like Faldios. In his own way, he seems like an intellectual... Playful, but intelligent. Poor Alicia, getting lost in Faldios' AND Welkin's paces. XD

Yeah, good episode. The enemy emperor looks cold and heartless (guess that's a given, though, when it's an ENEMY emperor...)
Jun 5, 2011 8:49 PM

Apr 2009
Slow but good episode. Damon's valiant aide deserves a better and competent commanding officer than that idiot Damon.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 2, 2011 5:41 AM

Apr 2009
I was wrong about the former town guard getting absorbed by the regular military, the Militia is separate from the regulars, after all. Anyway, more Alicia~
Aug 2, 2011 5:47 AM

May 2010
Soulstrider said:

For some reason he reminds me of Reinhard.

PLEEEASEEE He isn't even 1% as great as Reihardo-sama.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 21, 2011 12:57 PM

Aug 2010
Confucius said:
Soulstrider said:

For some reason he reminds me of Reinhard.

PLEEEASEEE He isn't even 1% as great as Reihardo-sama.

No one is talking about greatness here, fanboy.
Mar 25, 2013 10:05 AM

Jun 2011
Crimsonwill said:
Awww only got a brief glimpse of Maximillian but he definitely reminds me of Lelouch =D!

Don't really get that feel though..
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 18, 2013 1:26 PM

Apr 2012
Hahaha, how can you possibly attempt to slap the person in front of you, and fail by slapping another one. Alicia no baka.

War is fun so far.

Natsu12345 said:
Crimsonwill said:
Awww only got a brief glimpse of Maximillian but he definitely reminds me of Lelouch =D!
I think it's the same VA.
EratiKJun 18, 2013 4:38 PM
Jun 21, 2015 1:20 AM

Oct 2012
You just get punk'd Alicia xD

Kloden surprise battle!!!
It'll be an easy battle with 2 Shocktrooper & 1 Lancer xD
EratiK said:
Hahaha, how can you possibly attempt to slap the person in front of you, and fail by slapping another one. Alicia no baka.

War is fun so far.

Natsu12345 said:
I think it's the same VA.

Yes exactly, because it's Fukuyama Jun, Lelouch's seiyuu
"Signature removed"
Jun 23, 2015 7:03 PM

Aug 2013
Faldio in the role of : the casual sexual harasser. Well, they did say in his bio that he was a flirter, so it make sense I guess.

Welkin did see right in Damon plan : it sucked. Damon and Gregor really are two massive asshole, though Damon is a coward. What a piece of shit.

I always find it funny how the army struggle with everything in VC. It makes you wonder how they even managed to survive so far. And imagine all the families of those poor men...

Alicia reaction to Welkin are hilarious. The dude should learn to explain his plans a bit more to avoid dissension.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Apr 28, 2016 5:26 AM

Mar 2014
Opening songs , Ending songs , and Background Information have a pattern .
From the looks of it , All of the said characters are likable in their own pace .
This will be their chance to show off the military prowess that Squad 7 has ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 23, 2020 10:19 PM

Mar 2019
That Damon never ceases to disgust me, even in the anime he gets more perverted.
His incompetence in battles looks obviously stupid.

Hearing Faldio talks about Ares and Aphrodite, I wonder if they're exist in the Valkyria universe.
Also nice to see Faldio's squad. If I'm not mistaken, the ones with him are Mica, Salinas, and Nils.

Welkin laughing after Faldio joined really showed that Welkin is an eccentric man.
Largo and Rosie finally accept Welkin as commander.

And looking at the next episode preview, we finally get to see Largo and his lance. Yeay!!
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.