Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 18, 2009 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
1. Belldandy's robot-like behaviour (she reminds me of the terminator.)

2. Skuld, Kill her! Everytime i see her i wanna throw up. Has there been a more useless and annoying character in anime history? the answer is;yes, tsuna from kateikyoshi hitman reborn.

3. The depressing opening song. I fall into the deepest chasms of melancholy each time i hear it.

4. Keeichi's unmanlyness (is that a word?)

5.That the main theme of this show seems to be motors.

6. The show.
Apr 20, 2009 2:31 AM
Jul 2018
I forgot to mention that instead of reaching a climax through romance stuff between belldandy and keeichi, they use a evil demon that will destroy the earth, which doesnt fit at all with this type of anime.
Aug 13, 2009 1:18 PM

Jun 2008
negative1111 said:

You forgot that Belldandy is a Class 1 goddess and has to keep her emotions in check. If you watched the series, when she doesn't (like when she get's jealous) things happen. She more in the way of Spock then the Terminator.

2. Skuld, Kill her! Everytime i see her i wanna throw up. Has there been a more useless and annoying character in anime history? the answer is;yes, tsuna from kateikyoshi hitman reborn.
Skuld and Urd are the comic relief for the series. Plus each represent a specific part of Fate. Skuld represents the future. Therefore all she does is technologically advanced because she doesn't have her goddess powers yet. Plus she's also a "kid" like kids of today - impatient and the love of technology. You can't fault her for being herself.

Just wait for adult Skuld...va-va-va-voom.

3. The depressing opening song. I fall into the deepest chasms of melancholy each time i hear it.

I love the OPs. It's true that a Celtic feel with Norse mythology doesn't go well together, this anime was made 20 years ago and original OPs and EDs that had nothing to do the anime was coming into thier own.

Keiichi isn't unmanly, she has some of his father's heterophobia.

Keiichi - mechanical engineer
Skuld - technology, including motors
Belldandy - learning from Keiichi about motors
That's one of the major themes throughout the whole series.

6. The show.

Is still one of the greatest classics in anime.
Dodecahedron-O24Nov 5, 2009 6:22 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Aug 16, 2009 1:22 PM
Jul 2018
sbyrstall said:
negative1111 said:

You forgot that Belldandy is a Class 1 goddess and has to keep her emotions in check. If you watched the series, when she doesn't (like when she get's jealous) things happen. She more in the way of Spock then the Terminator.

Skuld and Urd are the comic relief for the series. Plus each represent a specific part of Fate. Skuld represents the future. Therefore all she does is technologically advanced because she doesn't have her goddess powers yet. Plus she's also a "kid" like kids of today - impatient and the love of technology. You can't fault her for being herself.

I love the OPs. It's true that a Celtic feel with Norse mythology doesn't go well together, this anime was made 20 years ago and original OPs and EDs that had nothing to do the anime was coming into thier own.

Keiichi isn't unmanly, she has some of his father's heterophobia.

Did you write "she" intentional? made me laugh anyway xD

6. The show.

Is still one of the greatest classics in anime.

When i think about it now (several mounts later) i think that it was a great anime. I've watched plenty of extremely bad ones so compared this was a pretty decent anime.
Apr 26, 2010 3:16 PM
Mar 2010
I've just finished it and i actually dont have anything to complain about... except Skuld, who can be really annoying xD but thats also fine, an anime without those characters wouldn't be that absorbing - just imagine everything goes well from the beginning... there wouldn't be a need of 24 episodes!

best regards
Apr 28, 2010 11:35 PM

Dec 2007
sbyrstall said:
negative1111 said:

Uh, that's not exactly unique to this either. Fujishima absolutely loves cars, so in almost everything he works on, he at least edges such themes in sideways.
Jul 29, 2010 7:24 AM

Apr 2010
Personally I hated everything about this show. The plot felt tiringly slow especially in the middle of the series, the music was totally forgettable, the English voice acting gave me a real headache and the characters were so annoying with their ugly ears. Especially Keiichi looks like such a dumbass with his ears.
Jun 11, 2015 2:35 AM
May 2015
Looks like any people just didn't get the show.I agree that skuld is the worst character, it woluld be better if she wasn't introduced in the anime. But the main theme is keiichi and bell's love story. And the opening song was one of the best I ever heard. Don't be so testless!
Sep 24, 2017 7:04 PM
Jul 2017
SKULD MUST DIE! She's so freaking annoying Like in Episode 18 (I think) when keichii and beldandy were about to kiss she just interupts them like fuck man let the couple kiss, also Keichii's a fucking pussy.
Apr 3, 2022 10:55 AM
Nov 2019
Geez why you so against car racing or motors ? lol 😆
Nov 15, 2022 10:27 PM

Oct 2018
Glad to see this salty OP user got removed, good riddance LOL
Nov 28, 2022 7:33 AM

Jul 2010
So keeping one's emotions in check is being concerned, happy, relieved and so on? Interesting.
Feb 2, 2023 11:58 AM
suii

Dec 2018
if belldandy is a godess/angel? if taken realisticly shes like 1m yrs old lol, so all that expoerience/wisdom makes one mellow out, kind/chill, would make sense right lol.
May 6, 8:11 PM

Oct 2018
Reply to evangelionfan
if belldandy is a godess/angel? if taken realisticly shes like 1m yrs old lol, so all that expoerience/wisdom makes one mellow out, kind/chill, would make sense right lol.
@evangelionfan Exactly she's been granting people's wishes and weighing their worthiness for thousands of years, she's a paragon deity of pure virtue, and comes across as a bit reserved because of that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess Episode 6 Discussion

aero - Sep 7, 2008

20 by Ashhk »»
May 30, 2:43 PM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess Episode 5 Discussion

aero - Sep 2, 2008

26 by Ashhk »»
May 30, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess Episode 4 Discussion

aero - Sep 2, 2008

28 by Ashhk »»
May 28, 11:23 AM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess Episode 3 Discussion

aero - Sep 2, 2008

29 by Ashhk »»
May 28, 5:27 AM

Poll: » Ah! My Goddess Episode 2 Discussion

aero - Sep 2, 2008

28 by Ashhk »»
May 27, 8:20 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.