Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 23, 2007 7:02 AM

Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Yet another no action episode :(
Well even thought i liked this episode and i feeled pity for Ike a lot times.Well personally i believe since Yuzi-Shana is a must in the end he will pair with Yoshida NP :)
And i see it we might have a new flame Haze soon ;p
P.S 1st time didnt watched with Eclipse subs but Ayako does a really good job imo
Nov 23, 2007 8:49 AM
Aug 2007
I kinda liked the episode. Shana had a perfect score lol. But at least Ike had ALOT more screen time....
Nov 23, 2007 10:03 AM

Sep 2007
sigh. At least next week might end the drama fest, even if it is an episode about Margery.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Nov 23, 2007 10:25 AM
Sep 2007
Syanaide said:
sigh. At least next week might end the drama fest, even if it is an episode about Margery.

You better don't think it will just end like that. :p I'm suer there will be much more drama in the future of the series.
Nov 23, 2007 10:35 AM

Sep 2007
i like this epi through better then the ones before.
i laughed alot and it was really funny. but waht a pity he couldnt confessed to yoshida.
he reminds reminds a little like me, did many things but they cant recongnize you. XD
so i hope for a happy end for ike.
shana was great too. :3

TenshinNov 23, 2007 10:44 AM
Nov 23, 2007 10:55 AM

Sep 2007
roysen said:
Syanaide said:

You better don't think it will just end like that. :p I'm suer there will be much more drama in the future of the series.

I don't mind there being drama at all, I liked the love triangle of the first series. But that's because they did a great job of balancing the romance and action, unlike as seen in season two.

Did you know there's a Phantasy Star Club?
Nov 23, 2007 11:27 AM

Aug 2007
wow Ike has fun down to a science haha. That part "All his plans failed so he's apparently wallowing in self-hate" really cracked me up.
Nov 23, 2007 12:27 PM

Jan 2007
pretty funny episode. Never thought Ike would be like that.
Nov 23, 2007 1:26 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
However, we are not getting into the main plot... This is tooooo slow....What about the Keeper placed on the Mistes of Yuji? I hope we get to meet the one who placed it soon and under an unexplected form......(spoiler)....

Don't you find the mascot suspicious??? What was that? I haven't read the novels but one of my friends says that Yuji's father appears soon and uses often mascot costumes.... Anyone to confirm that?

I hope the series will cover up to the most recent novel!!!!
wakka9caNov 23, 2007 1:35 PM
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Nov 23, 2007 2:36 PM

Oct 2007
XD finally i've managed to watch it at last!

good episode really enjoyed it, even though its was just a day out at the theme park!

hope the sub issue doesn't happen again T_T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 24, 2007 4:03 AM

Oct 2007
Quite an enjoyable episode despite the lack of action. XD
and so now we finally know more about Ike the side character .
Nov 24, 2007 4:25 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was surprisingly entertaining and I loved Shana's outfit. Good episode.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 24, 2007 6:35 AM

Aug 2007
Heh, hilarious episode.
Nov 24, 2007 12:27 PM

Oct 2007
lol Ike got sick off the ferris wheel, and i was dying to hear yoshida's reaction to his confession...

Nov 24, 2007 1:02 PM

Dec 2006
xD Ike's really funny, I always thought of him as a sort of linear person all... I dunno, straight and proper. He sorta made me think of a cross between Tamaki and Kyouya from Ouran... Eheheh.

Not that much Shana screentime, but her totally owning that game was enough for me.

And, I heard piano!Hishoku no Sora! I miss that song... But it doesn't look like we're getting any action next episode, or at least, not much action.
Nov 24, 2007 2:34 PM

Jun 2007
lmao Ike is so dramatic xD he made me laugh. Not much action in this episode... im hoping it will get a bit livelier with the next ep.

Nov 24, 2007 4:16 PM

May 2007
Okay, ike is nice and all, but wtf, this type of episode should be shown after some action, not before.
Like, the pause of action, just to make fans happy.
Well... it was ok, but i think next episode will be the real thing*. (I really hope for)
*Shana & Yuji (action and romance parts)
Nov 24, 2007 9:13 PM

Aug 2007
Alright epi, 4/5. Action next epi! Yay!. xD

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Nov 24, 2007 11:57 PM

Aug 2007
I enjoyed the episode. The whole Shana getting the perfect score was my favorite part of the episode. I can't wait for the next episode. I was wondering when they were going to tell us more about Margery's past.
Nov 25, 2007 12:05 AM

Jun 2007
so... this episode was pretty boring...

its good to get to know other characters, but i have a different view of ike right now after watching this...

yoshida got too much screentime.... i want more shana and yuji

at least the episode was a little bit fun... and shana in a different outfit is always nice

by the way... someone reminded me of this... what the hell happened to yuji's father? i thought he was coming back.... like a long time ago... maybe he is a flame haze! since he is working in a far away place... and we dont know too much about him
Nov 25, 2007 2:15 AM

Nov 2007
This episode made me want to punch Ike in the face. Waaaah... my plans aren't going perfectly. Get over yourself.

The episode was so-so. It seemed more like an OVA than part of the series though. Nothing of importance happened at all, except maybe Keisaku asking about becoming a Flame Haze.

Where's the action? If I wanted slice-of-life, I'd watch one of the many that I'm watching. I want some fighting in my Shana!
Nov 25, 2007 1:22 PM

Sep 2007
lol @ Ike in all of this. Wasn't a bad ep at all since I've grown to like his character more and I'm glad he got more screentime :)
Nov 26, 2007 7:03 AM

Oct 2007
Wow! I'm quite surprised that a lot of you liked this episode because I found it to be incredibly boring.

Ike should have just stayed in the background, as usual, because now I have a worse opinion of him. Is it even possible to get sick of a Ferris Wheel, without it being food poisoning? ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 26, 2007 9:46 AM

Nov 2007
I felt bad for Ike, but I was laughing every time he got into drama-emo mode about his plans. It ended up being an enjoyable episode because I was laughing like that. And I wanted him to get Yoshida, so only Shana is left for Yuuji. Hecate-clone can just go away.

But I did feel for him a little, since I tend to be the organizer for a lot of friendly events. But I've learned since (through -real life- experience, not Ike's little fantasy) that you have to be more flexible or have to go with the flow sometimes. He was able to do it once at the very start for Konoe, but I guess he didn't expect the entire day to go haywire.

That and he needs to be able to think on the fly a little more, and have a bit more self-confidence. Hopefully today was able to give him that. =) Since Yoshida still "loves" him in the end, even if it's all in his head.
Nov 26, 2007 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
Decent episode for having nothing happen at all. I guess Shana going nuts in that game was the high point. Needs...more...action...soon!
Nov 29, 2007 9:52 PM

May 2007
For one, I thought this episode was fantastic. I've been complaining about Ike for just sitting in the backseat, so Ike making his move to Yoshida is refreshing to see. Great character development in other words.

Though, pairing Yuji and Konoe EVERY SINGLE DAMN TIME is really pushing it. YUJI SHOULD BE WITH SHANA AND SHANA ONLY!! *pant* *pant* Done ranting.

Ahem, so Satou is really interested with becoming a Flame Haze. He has been associating himself with bunch of important figures in the group lately. This should be really good. His relationship with Margery will be all that.

Next episode... WTF, new York City?!?? I gotta see that~
Jan 5, 2008 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
Why ain't there no action!?!
The reason SnS was one of my favorite is cuz it mixed romance and battles so it would never get too much on one of em...geez...
Jul 18, 2008 12:14 AM

Apr 2008
not too bad as a filler episode. Yoshida is so nice. I feel bad that she likes Yuji and he is definitely going to end up with Shana. hopefully things will work out with her and Ike.

Lee said:

me too

Oct 30, 2008 2:35 AM

Mar 2008
poor Ike *laughs inside* i feel sorry for him, but he is a bit of an idiot, that kind of girl isnt going to care if you mess up or fail at somthing
Jan 17, 2009 9:36 PM

Jun 2008
I just realized why I hate Konoe's voice so much.

She's voiced by the person who does a whole bunch of other characters that I hated.

That bitch from Elfen Lied, Kotomi from Clannad, and Haruka from Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. I think there was something else too.

I HATE KONOE, ARGAHRGHSDFAJSLDJ

SHE COULD NOT BE ANY MORE ANNOYING

Actually I don't really mind Kotomi that much.
Feb 13, 2009 7:42 AM

May 2008
Grmo said:
I just realized why I hate Konoe's voice so much.

She's voiced by the person who does a whole bunch of other characters that I hated.

That bitch from Elfen Lied, Kotomi from Clannad, and Haruka from Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu. I think there was something else too.

I HATE KONOE, ARGAHRGHSDFAJSLDJ

SHE COULD NOT BE ANY MORE ANNOYING

Actually I don't really mind Kotomi that much.

thats why it was so familiar

but i love Haruka tho :D
Jun 28, 2009 3:50 PM

Dec 2008
Jul 17, 2009 11:41 PM

Dec 2008
Funniest episode yet.
Aug 20, 2009 6:08 PM

Aug 2009
Its about time those girls learned a thing or two about love. So naiive. Any ways, sofar this has been my favorite episode.
Dec 24, 2009 5:13 AM

Nov 2009
another one or two like these and i drop this series... way too much self-pity in this episode.
Jan 18, 2010 1:42 PM

Aug 2009
Why no action T.T

Next episode about Margery-saaaan ^.^ *opens bottle champagne*

God damn it, I hate that Konoe biAtch >.<
Jan 19, 2010 7:33 AM

Nov 2009
Ike collapsed few seconds after the ferris wheel started lmao
i guess amusement parks wouldnt be too fun for shana, i mean rather than bungy jumping she could probably just jump from that heigh unscathed.
Feb 6, 2010 2:04 PM

Jan 2009
At some point, I actually wished all those costume employees were Guze no Tomogara or smt...
Seriously, some Guze no Tomogara in all this trip of theirs would have been soooo interesting... I wonder how whould have Shana protected everyone...or how would Yoshida react when being under attack *_*.. *slap on the face, end of dreaming*

Aug 19, 2010 12:13 PM

Apr 2010
I liked the episode but I'm getting quite bored of these slice of life episodes to be honest >_>
Aug 24, 2010 9:49 PM

May 2010
Yeah, I'm getting kind of bored with these slice-of-life episodes too. Not because I hate slice-of-life, but rather because this is pretty mediocre slice-of-life. I didn't mind this episode though. I got to laugh/sympathize with Ike a bit, I totally know what it's like planning something out and then all of the plans failing like that. I used to think, If only Ike could take Yoshida away, we might have some development between our leads. Now that we've thrown in Konoe though, even if Ike wins Yoshida over, it's not like and Shana/Yuji development will happen. What's with 3 girls fawning over him anyways, are they trying to turn this show into a harem? I enjoyed this episode, but I almost feel like this show should have stopped after the first season. Maybe it will get better, but if it's just sub-par romance the rest of the season, then I can't say this season is worth existing...
“Money can't buy dere”
Oct 9, 2010 6:48 PM

Feb 2010
pantie shot! that shana :3

ike over thinks everything way too much :/
Nov 4, 2010 6:04 PM

Sep 2008
I'm more like Shana in theme parks than any of the other characters. XD I can't believe Eita and Tanaka are such wimps, and Tanaka was even saying "It's hard on the back" or something, hahaha... and Ike. Ike is way too melodramatic. Kind of Super "Type A" as well, huh?

It was nice to see Shana in different clothes though. :D

I probably would have been super bored with this episode, but I watched episode 8 before this so I was contented with action and plot progression and character development in that episode before watching this...

I don't really care much about Ike, so I didn't really care for all the screen time he got. I liked seeing more of Satou, Tanaka, and Ogata though. Seeing Yuuji with Konoe is getting annoying though. :| Probably just because I find her, in particular, annoying.
merle_noirNov 4, 2010 6:12 PM
Dec 23, 2010 5:39 PM
Jun 2010
Sure not a lot of action, but I thought it was cute. ^_^
Jan 10, 2011 8:00 PM

Sep 2010
Konoe, you adorable little fucker, you. Shana was also cute.
With Ike's narration, this was hilarious, depressing, and heart warming. I'm surprised the guy can even walk. :P
Keisaku asking if he could become a flame haze was definitely intriguing.
Aug 28, 2011 9:01 PM

Sep 2010
Now I'm bored again...
Sep 15, 2011 11:04 PM

Jan 2011
Usually it's the male lead who screws up in the amusement park episode--Ike got his moment to shine. Satou obviously wants to join Margery when she leaves the city. Ogata is getting suspicious that there is something going on that she is not part of. Yoshida spent an awful lot of time with Ike as well--hopefully she'll get the hint.

Not a lot of action, but a lot of relationship development. Next episode we get some more of Margery's sad backstory (I suspect there is a reason why she spends most of the time in a bottle).
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 4, 2011 5:33 PM

Oct 2011
Boring episode. Idgaf about Ike.
Dec 22, 2011 11:52 AM

Mar 2011
That was enjoyable. It was nice to see Ike getting some screen time, and I got a couple laughs from it.
Mar 17, 2012 9:53 AM

Sep 2011
Well that was boring. It should have been a special like the onsen one not in the main story.
The only good parts were when Shana was on screen. I really liked her outfit in this episode, she looked cute in it :)
Aug 9, 2012 3:25 PM

Mar 2012
Boring episode.

Ike really annoyed me throughout this moaning about being such a failure. And Yuji getting paired up with Konoe rather than Shana annoyed me. If Shana and that shit guy (can't remember his name) get closer and he becomes a Flame Haze, I won't be happy.

2/5
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

nukedeggs - Mar 27, 2008

212 by k4rlo »»
May 17, 5:33 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 10 Discussion

cyruz - Dec 11, 2007

49 by almightybismarck »»
Apr 12, 11:27 PM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Tenshin - Dec 2, 2007

79 by almightybismarck »»
Mar 28, 8:27 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sobzob - Nov 24, 2007

61 by almightybismarck »»
Oct 18, 2023 9:25 AM

Poll: » Shakugan no Shana II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 10, 2007

63 by almightybismarck »»
Sep 27, 2023 11:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.