Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
K-ON!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Apr 11, 2009 6:09 AM

Jul 2008
japanme32 said:
Guitar went from 2500 to 500???? O_O good discount!
yep, especially a Les Paul... I'd die to get it for that price >_>
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Apr 11, 2009 6:18 AM

May 2008
K-ON rules xd cant wait for the next episode ,gonna laugh my day away xD

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 11, 2009 7:15 AM

Jan 2008
robbydesu said:
panda_general said:
japanme32 said:
robbydesu said:
I swear if I see the word "moe" again, my head will probably explode a million times like mio :(

I want to know if there are any GIRLS out there like me who just enjoy this anime for non-moe reasons. I'm not denying the fact that each character is cute in their own way. But seriously this word "moe" is started to annoy me :(

Oh a lighter note, this episode was just as great (if not better) than the first epi!! I really love the friendship growing between the four :D

Mio is absolutely >ADORABLE< and yui was just funny with her obsessing over her guitar without practicing, I laughed a bit when her sister found her sleeping with it XD

The clicker scenes are absolutely hilarious especially when they started to click other things. I used to work with clickers, those are fun...but yes, overtime it gets tiring XD. And let's not forget Ritsu's random drumming...on clickers XD hahahaha~

Me like it not only for cute
also like for instruments and just music. Is cute yes, but is also musical.

Moe is...cute...unless you have another definition of moe that I don't want to know about x.X

But I watch this show because it was about music, and I'm a music geek...
If only it means "cute" then I wouldn't be bothered by this. I get a feeling that some people have no idea what this term means and just uses it cuz other people are using it.

From what I know, I thought "moe" was something derogative. A obsessive compulsive fetish. A perverted fetish. Odd fetishes that's related to really cutesy characters to the point it's pedo-ish.

I'm glad there ARE people out there who watches this anime for non-moe reasons :D!!

Mmmm I see...thanks for the lesson teach. ^^

Watched the episode again just because it's full of win >w<

Banner made by suikka
Apr 11, 2009 8:01 AM
Mar 2009
Hakoria said:
robbydesu said:
If only it means "cute" then I wouldn't be bothered by this. I get a feeling that some people have no idea what this term means and just uses it cuz other people are using it.

From what I know, I thought "moe" was something derogative. A obsessive compulsive fetish. A perverted fetish. Odd fetishes that's related to really cutesy characters to the point it's pedo-ish.

I'm glad there ARE people out there who watches this anime for non-moe reasons :D!!

Holy, I'm finally glad people finally started reacting to the over-use of 'moe'. Normally I wouldn't mind, but hell, moe doesn't mean 'cute'.

Been tired of seeing people use 'moe' as if it meant 'cute', so 'kawaii'.

It's pretty much as you originally thought; it's a word that indicates a fetish to the word or situation it's associated with.
So if you see Mio overthinking so much, and her head explodes, and you go "omg so moe", it means "oh god I'm getting excited".

Moe has been meaning that ever since it's been used by otaku; the meaning of 'cute' (in a non-secual way) when moe is used is because of misunderstandings.

I didn't really know how I should state all this, especially since people have been using it so wrongly in K-On! topics for over a week now, but I'm glad robbydesu/japanme32 started this discussion, and panda_general for bringing the question up.

I don't know...I think 'fetishist' was the original definition of moe. But moe is hardly a clearly defined word anyway, and its adoption into English has altered its meaning. I think over the past couple of years, the sexual connotations have been mostly dropped, and it has become slang for...well...not quite 'cute'. I've heard it defined as "a character you would want to protect" - I suppose someone who's cute in a rather hopeless sort of way. It's a bit of a difficult term to define other than by reference to characters, but Yui is basically a walking definition of the modern usage of 'moe' anyway ^_^.

Loved this episode, though. K-ON! is easily my favourite of the spring series so far. Yui FTW!
Apr 11, 2009 8:27 AM

Oct 2007
It was ok just like the first episode. I don't see what all the hype is about.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 11, 2009 8:30 AM

Jul 2008
Hmm... have to admit that nowadays pretty many fans use the word 'moe' when they mean 'cute'. But isn't moe aswell like .... like your heart skips a beat. So you see something incredibly cute and then it's all like moe feeling :'D That's how I think it is but Hakoria's explanation is more real XD

@ Metroid_Ex
Maybe K-ON is more for fans of cuteness and those who wanna see music aren't that impressed yet ?

Apr 11, 2009 8:40 AM

Mar 2008
It's too moe to be true ! Mio explosing and Tsumugi having a big discount were the best parts :)

I really love this anime, it's so cute :)
Apr 11, 2009 8:50 AM

Jul 2008
Sonja said:
Hmm... have to admit that nowadays pretty many fans use the word 'moe' when they mean 'cute'. But isn't moe aswell like .... like your heart skips a beat. So you see something incredibly cute and then it's all like moe feeling :'D That's how I think it is but Hakoria's explanation is more real XD

@ Metroid_Ex
Maybe K-ON is more for fans of cuteness and those who wanna see music aren't that impressed yet ?

Well, given time I think it would develop more into the music part of the story. After all, the club just started! :\
Apr 11, 2009 9:19 AM

Feb 2009
i may drop this
i'll give it until episode 5
I don't even know the characters names yet
but I want more on the keyboardist
~May you continue being the Messiah....
Apr 11, 2009 9:20 AM
May 2008
Fk yea Yui... so cute.
Apr 11, 2009 9:41 AM

Feb 2009
llamaben said:
Not as boring as the first episode, however still likely to drop after another 1-2 more.

If I didn't have a 4 episode rule on shows I watch, I'd already be dropping this.
Apr 11, 2009 10:44 AM

Jan 2009
While first episode was solid, second is cute & nice. Head Explosions & Sleeping with guitar are cute & funny) Heil, Kyotos)))
Apr 11, 2009 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
It seems like there's a discussion on what "moe" means. I'm no expert in Japanese, but to my understanding, "moe" does NOT mean anything sexual (a fetish IS sexual). If I'm right, then there's no way "moe" can be a fetish. "Moe" simply means an anime girl that gives the viewer romantic desires instead of sexual ones. It may not mean the same as "kawaii", but I guess it can be kind of close.

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Apr 11, 2009 12:56 PM

Dec 2008
Dang, I wish I had some like that before I bought my guitar O.o
It's wierd how the "Les Paul" had a Fender logo, but hey, it's anime. I wonder how they'll sound live?
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Lunatic-kr&sclick=1]

Apr 11, 2009 1:20 PM

Sep 2008
Mire said:
This thread definitely needs more Mugi, so here we go:

In any case, I found the first episode much more entertaining than this one. Not saying it was bad (4/5!), but imo it all felt a bit rushed. As if they desperately tried to squeeze in _another_ moe scene inbetween the guitar buying theme, and then another. Anyway among all the moe, Mio was quite awesome in this episode. Awesome reasoning from her why she's playing the bass instead of guitar. More please. Yui reminds me a lot of Hachi from Nana, personality wise.. imo it's awesome how Mugi always exploits that and feeds her sweets to divert her attention : p

@Op: As far as I understood, the clerk recognized Mugi by her eyebrows as the daughter of her family. And her family owns the store or something like that..? ("Shachou no musume-san!"). Anyway I didn't like that eyebrow scene much, I blame Naruto for giving me some sort of eyebrowphobia.
@HappyPear: The ad said 交通量 渋滞調査, translation that I found says "Traffic congestion examiner". Which would kinda make sense, after Englishifying it a bit more. Kinda felt like the girls didn't quite know wtf it is either! Then agreeing on the observing and counting thing.

Edit: And omg, I can't wait for April22nd when the OP/ED are supposed to be available in full length.

Love that scene. &Cant wait for the ost =P
Apr 11, 2009 1:39 PM

Dec 2008
dragonshade said:
Lol at the 職業病(しょくぎょうびょう) thing ~so random . Mio = <3

Yea that part was so random, yet it was somewhat funny. ^_^

inode said:
i may drop this
i'll give it until episode 5
I don't even know the characters names yet
but I want more on the keyboardist

Then you don't pay enough attention...

Mod Edit: Please do not double post.
asandariApr 12, 2009 11:23 AM
Apr 11, 2009 1:59 PM

Dec 2008
Sonja said:
@ Metroid_Ex

I think this is pretty much right.
「Godspeed You! Black Emperor」
Apr 11, 2009 2:11 PM

Apr 2007
Avarice said:
Dios MIO. she was so damn adorable in the episode. I would watch that blushing face of hers all day long.

THISTHISTHISTHISTHIS.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Apr 11, 2009 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
Ehh, this episode was just ok. The head explosions were funny the first time, but it got old after that. Nothing about this show seems all that fresh. The characters are all familiar archetypes, the setting is bland, and when they were in the guitar store, I could have sworn I was watching footage from Beck. The show just doesn't seem to have a style of it's own.
Apr 11, 2009 2:53 PM

Jun 2008
Glad I decided to continue on watching this.
Mio is too cute for words. ^^
Love the ED.
Apr 11, 2009 3:23 PM

Mar 2008
Well, it wasn't as good as the excellent first episode, but still pretty good. I hope it doesn't continue to get worse with each episode.
Apr 11, 2009 3:44 PM

Jul 2008
I guess it's an anime that's "more hype than actual" like many others... people expect a lot maybe?

IMO for a yonkoma that adapts into anime, it's not bad. (after all, not a lot of successors like lucky star, right?)
Apr 11, 2009 3:57 PM
Nov 2007
woooow mugi couldve just done that in the first place T___T;
Apr 11, 2009 4:54 PM

Dec 2007
this one was pretty boring, comparing to the first one. maybe it's because I don't buy moe...
latterly I started to think that they wouldn't buy this damn guitar ever <__<
Apr 11, 2009 6:13 PM

Dec 2007
i really liked this episode... Mio's really cute! xD

waiting to see the next episode...
Apr 11, 2009 6:38 PM

Mar 2009
I'm really enjoying this anime, Mio is amoezing!!!! I loved the character/band position intros, and Mio's thoughts of working were priceless, I'll def finish this one...Urahara Out!!
Apr 11, 2009 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
I was wondering why Tsumugi had those huge eyebrows, turns out they're a genetic trait from her father(Too bad. I was hoping that they were shields to block the effect of N.O.). Oh, those seven lights of inheritance, is there anything they can't do?
Apr 11, 2009 8:50 PM

Aug 2008
Yay 4 moeness!
I can't wait until they get to the cultural festival event, their live debut will be epic! (Mio fans will particularly enjoy it more) :D

CCs_No1_Fanboy said:
So, another great episode thats gonna give birth to more Mio fanboys. I swear, every 2 seconds a Mio fanboy is born >_>

That's plainly shown in her rapid rise of favorite #'s in this site's database; it went up by almost 10x a week after the anime's debut.

I still can't get over of how good this anime's OP & ED are <3
Apr 11, 2009 9:22 PM

Dec 2008
Genix said:
Not that I don't agree with you, cuz I know I watched the opening and ending like 100x XD, but have you SEEN the opening and ending for higashi no eden (another spring anime)?...everything is absolutely stunning. It sorta makes K-ON look like garbage XD
Apr 11, 2009 10:18 PM

Dec 2008
Buying a Les Paul for $600 is unheard of.
Apr 11, 2009 10:25 PM

Dec 2008
Trevelyan said:
XD I know eh? We can only dream :(...
Apr 11, 2009 10:31 PM

Feb 2008
50,000 yen for a Gibson Les Paul... o_o
But the thought of entrusting Yui with a Les Paul is nerve-racking.
Apr 11, 2009 10:47 PM

Jan 2009
robbydesu said:
Trevelyan said:
XD I know eh? We can only dream :(...

Unless you have people with connections.
Apr 11, 2009 10:58 PM

Dec 2007
Wow, I absolutely loved the episode! Everyone was great, seriously, especially Mio. Blushing Mio is so cute. I am looking forward to more.
Apr 11, 2009 11:15 PM

Dec 2008
I didn't want to comment until I'd seen the subs. I watched the raw first to do some screencapping.

I'm happy to say I caught the general idea of it from the raw. It did clear up things like how cheap they got the Les Paul and why.

Personally I'm a big fan of Ritsu. Then again the "genki" archetype tends to win my favor over the others.
Apr 11, 2009 11:21 PM

Apr 2008
robbydesu said:
Genix said:
Not that I don't agree with you, cuz I know I watched the opening and ending like 100x XD, but have you SEEN the opening and ending for higashi no eden (another spring anime)?...everything is absolutely stunning. It sorta makes K-ON look like garbage XD

Not a fair comparison seeing as Oasis is> whatever K-ON put out:P
Apr 11, 2009 11:28 PM
Jul 2018
Tsumugi figuring out that feeding Yui can fix anything = Win.
Apr 11, 2009 11:42 PM

Jun 2008
I raged when I saw that the Les Paul she bought had the Fender logo on it instead of Gibson. Good ep anyway though.
I'm back.
Apr 12, 2009 12:30 AM

Jan 2009
Sick_Bastard-kun said:
I raged when I saw that the Les Paul she bought had the Fender logo on it instead of Gibson. Good ep anyway though.

I like Gibson also. Why rage?
Apr 12, 2009 12:34 AM

Sep 2008
yui so moe
mio too much for me...
i just love those two
and...getting adicount of 200,000 yens because of being the daugther of the company`s president----ahahahahaha mugi sugoi
ritsu`s rithym on the counters were cool
this anime is just too moe too great
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 12, 2009 1:05 AM

Mar 2009
Sick_Bastard-kun said:

Really? It's labeled as a Gibson.
Apr 12, 2009 6:51 AM

Jul 2008
Can't wait to see the ep when mio performs her "stunt" in front of everyone.....
Apr 12, 2009 8:09 AM

Dec 2007
AkariChan said:
Can't wait to see the ep when mio performs her "stunt" in front of everyone.....

Yeah, that will be epic....or when they want to make a promotional video for the club :3
Apr 12, 2009 8:18 AM

Dec 2008
counting cars,as part time job,thats great XD

The ending theme is still awesome
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 12, 2009 11:16 AM

Feb 2008
Nice episode.
50000 Yen for a Les Paul? OMG do want.
Apr 12, 2009 11:22 AM

Mar 2008
noes, I thought more than just 2 episodes was out :(
Apr 12, 2009 2:09 PM

Jul 2008
Charliehsv said:
AkariChan said:

Yeah, that will be epic....or when they want to make a promotional video for the club :3

if you read the manga up to latest (ch16/17) -> click,
Apr 12, 2009 3:20 PM

Jun 2007
I wonder if Mio will do vocals later considering the ED theme? :)
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Apr 12, 2009 4:29 PM

Oct 2007
Yui pisses me off. It's like following someone with ADD. Mio is goodness incarnate though. It's also kinda cheap how they just get instruments without any work(for the most part).

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Apr 12, 2009 4:35 PM

Sep 2007
Ritsu drummin on the counters was awesome XD
I do that all the time on random things. (Im also a drummer)

Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

game8910 - Jun 4, 2009

233 by The_Neeko »»
Apr 1, 8:37 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 2, 2009

598 by piratini »»
Mar 16, 1:58 AM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DaBigD - Jun 25, 2009

344 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 3:22 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Jun 18, 2009

314 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:59 PM

Poll: » K-ON! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

DaBigD - Jun 11, 2009

199 by bubba460z »»
Mar 3, 2:39 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.