Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 29, 2010 5:52 AM

Apr 2010
This was heart rinndering.
Nov 15, 2010 4:28 PM

Dec 2008
Oh my goddess, this was a SAD episode. I was trying to fight back tears. But, when Sanae dropped to her knees and said she couldn't see Fuko, I cried like a baby!!

Man, if I were 20 years younger...Okazaki would be mine!! LOL!!
Nov 17, 2010 10:13 AM

May 2010
I don't know why I can't react to the sadness. :/

The next ep will be much sadder than this..
Dec 22, 2010 1:24 PM
Nov 2010
As the guy that I am, I'm 100% lolwtfamazed at the way I involuntarily moaned like a puppy in front of my computer screen .____.
Feb 18, 2011 8:25 PM

Aug 2010
yeah i can't get too emotional about this kinda stuff and idk why. maybe it's cause i'm a guy? ?_? who knows. still lovin it tho
Mar 24, 2011 11:44 AM

Sep 2009
Nooooo don't forget Fuko :( so sad!

Apr 9, 2011 2:05 AM
Jul 2010
I usually cry a lot watching anime. But this episode... I definitely felt the sadness and I almost cried when Sanae said she couldn't see Fuko. But tears didn't come out.
Being forgotten must be really bad... Poor Fuko.
Apr 19, 2011 8:17 PM

Mar 2011
So Fuko is still around but only just. Now that Aiko and Sanae have forgotten about her (pretty much) only our two protagonists are left!

Many boo-hoo's
Jun 1, 2011 5:56 PM

Dec 2009
Very sad episode. Probably the best episode of the season so far.
Such junk...
Jun 13, 2011 8:02 AM
Apr 2011
Fuko doesn't really irritate me as much anymore - seems that for once there's a character whose lack of social skills is played normally - that is, not just for comedy/cuteness/fanservice/etc...

I don't cry at really anything these days but it was kind of emotional at the end.
Jul 2, 2011 2:16 AM

Jul 2011
It's sad that only Okazaki and Nagisa remember about her.. But her sister's wedding is close so she almost reached her aim (^^)
Sep 1, 2011 12:28 PM

Jun 2011
"i like you better than a sea slug" muahahahah!
sadness and comedy...
/ sigh it's a strange combination to find yourself laughing and then suddenly teary-eyed. o___O
Dec 16, 2011 11:40 PM

Nov 2008
It's true it's a touching ep, but like some of you guys, my tears just didn't come out. Haha but i'm sure the series will get more emotional as it goes. I wanna see more romantic development between Tomoya and Nagisa though!!
Dec 28, 2011 8:13 AM

Jul 2009
Tearjerker? WHERE!?

FORCED DRAMA IS FORCED!

"Ghost girl who's been giving out starfish sculptures is getting forgotten somehow!!!!!!!!! HOW SAD!!!"

Yeah, makes a lot of sense. Well, I guess it's KEYs tradition to put supernatural elements without any.
Mar 26, 2012 7:21 PM

Jan 2012
I didn't really like Fuko at first, but now I'm sad for her and I see how much the other characters care for her especially Sunohara and Sanae :(
Mar 26, 2012 7:25 PM

Sep 2011
orzel286 said:
Tearjerker? WHERE!?

FORCED DRAMA IS FORCED!

"Ghost girl who's been giving out starfish sculptures is getting forgotten somehow!!!!!!!!! HOW SAD!!!"

Yeah, makes a lot of sense. Well, I guess it's KEYs tradition to put supernatural elements without any.
all drama is forced drama, so is comedy, romance everything in storytelling is forced

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Mar 26, 2012 11:18 PM

Jul 2009
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
orzel286 said:

all drama is forced drama, so is comedy, romance everything in storytelling is forced

That's not what I mean. Clannad is trying EVERYTHING just to make scenes/story arcs OMGWTFDRAMAAAAAAAAAAAAA!11 and make you cry a river. Like - sad music, pompous tone, legions of crying girls... And fails.
Apr 17, 2012 1:00 AM

Dec 2010
This anime is killing me slowly. It's like if I had an ill heart I'd probably not take it any more far than what happened in this episode. There really was this funny moment when Nagisa's father told that he'd almost eat his wife's bread, but it was impossible to laugh at it for more than a flash of a moment... I started to like more some characters like Nagisa's father(who I liked anyway), her mother and even Sunohara... he really seems to be good person.
May 5, 2012 10:09 AM

Aug 2011
Nothing fucking happened. It's taking forever for this arc to end.
May 27, 2012 2:16 PM

Jul 2009
Everyone's forgetting Fuko but this is going a bit slowly. I mean we're already 1/3 done and we've only had Fuko's arc :S (Well plus a bit of Nagisa I guess). Next episode looks like the end of this one though ...
Ah, Sunohara and everyone can kind of remember her. He's a nice guy, really :P Even Akio and Sanae too ... I wonder why visiting the hospital means that you'll start to forget? Hrm ...
It was kind of sad yea but I mean I'm just getting annoyed by Nagisa crying all the time -_-" Of COURSE the main girl'd be the one I hate though ... I mean that scene at the water fountain with her with Tomoya and then Fuko to the side? *sigh*
I just want this arc to end lol. It's getting dragged out a bit too long I think X_X
Jul 4, 2012 5:24 PM

Feb 2011
Is it okay to say I didn't cried ? LOL , The only anime scene who made me ALMOST cry , was the end of FMA:B. Btw , preety intense episode , gj .
Sep 6, 2012 10:07 PM
Jan 2012
I'm really enjoying Fuko's arc. I'd say it climaxed this episode, but who knows. First episode of the series to make me actually rather sad.. Good job.
Sep 13, 2012 4:01 PM

Aug 2012
Sad episode. Restrained tears from flowing even though the soundtrack was awesomely sad and well done, because of the strange things in plot I've noticed...

Like:
Why does fuko has to eat/take baths if she's a ghost? She has a real organic form?
Then why doesn't she try to physically touch people not seeing her (or talk to them), we saw that sanae san able to touch her in this episode ?
The fact that she just stayed at school before being taken care by sanae +husband. Why/how could she stay in class all day doing her stars sculptures without being noticed for example...

Well still a nice episode if you disconnect your brain :D j/k
Looking forward to next episode.

Oct 24, 2012 6:46 PM

Oct 2012
It's the first time I'm watching ... and I'm still wondering what's going on ... The story is getting more dense and interesting! (> _ <)
Dec 9, 2012 8:17 PM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
T_TTTTTT so depressing! I almost cried! I LIKE Fuko!!! :(((((
張大です for 張大勇督察
Dec 28, 2012 6:23 PM

Apr 2010
I teared up several times. I can't help it, Sunohara is actually one of my favorite characters and the part with him trying to remember was really sad for me. The same with Nagisa's mom. I didn't like Fuko as much at the beginning, but she's gotten a lot better and I'm kinda gonna miss her after her arc is over.
Feb 22, 2013 4:08 AM

Jan 2012
So sad about Fuko, everyone are forgetting her. I wonder what will happen next.

Mar 18, 2013 2:05 PM
Mar 2013
Dmodwc said:
There's people complaining about how the story's progressing too slow or Fuuko's story isn't interesting enough...I just don't understand how they can say that after watching this episode...since this is basically the climax.

For me, it's to do with hype. I've heard so much about how great Clannad is, and I just feel this doesn't live up to my expectations.
Sure it's interesting, but not amazingly so. When people say the story's progressing too slowly, I think they mean that they want this arc to end quickly so that they could get to something else.
Apr 3, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2012
I hope Fuko will wake up soon... T_T
Jun 7, 2013 7:42 AM

Mar 2013
This is so sad and beautiful...
Jun 19, 2013 2:55 PM
Jul 2018
Wow... this is sad :'(
Aug 14, 2013 6:43 PM

Feb 2013
Wait, is Fuko a ghost or something?

Looks like this arc is going to end in the next ep.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Aug 19, 2013 1:56 PM

May 2013
So thats why people say clannad makes you cry T_T
Aug 19, 2013 3:49 PM

Jan 2013
xin09 said:
So thats why people say clannad makes you cry T_T

Oo boy, you are in for a ride full of tears, this is just the beginning!
Aug 19, 2013 3:50 PM

Oct 2011
Such a sad episode, especially when Nagisa's mother was trying to remember Fuuko. I'm really worried about how Fuuko's arc is going to end, I hope it's not too sad T__T
Aug 25, 2013 6:08 PM

Jan 2013
selective_yellow said:
I don't cry either.

Um yeah, it was good. I just LOVE the other characters, so I am a tiny bit sad and also happy Fuko's arc will be ending.

But it was definitely sad! :(

Me too,i feel sad for Fuko.. ):
"There is no such thing as an Anime elitist. You watch Anime, therefore, you are trash by society's standards."

Sep 16, 2013 3:46 PM

Aug 2013
Urgh! This was so sad! I cried when the mother didn't see Fu-chan anymore TT_TT
Looking forward to the next episode :3
Sep 18, 2013 12:58 PM

Jun 2013
Poor Fuko, it' so sad people are forgetting about her. <(T.T)> I feel so bad for her. I'm looking forward for the next episode.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 14, 2013 10:59 PM

Jul 2013
I nearly burst into tears when her mom collapsed and said she couldn't see Fuko. OMGosh, it's becoming so sad!.. I was thinking of ef: A Tale of Memories when Nagisa said she was afraid of forgetting Fuko. I wish they would think of writing about her existence in a journal or something.
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Oct 21, 2013 5:42 PM

Jun 2013
ILoveAnimeGuys said:
I nearly burst into tears when her mom collapsed and said she couldn't see Fuko. OMGosh, it's becoming so sad!.. I was thinking of ef: A Tale of Memories when Nagisa said she was afraid of forgetting Fuko. I wish they would think of writing about her existence in a journal or something.

I thought the same thing when I first saw this.
"The will to live is stronger than anything else"
Oct 24, 2013 12:07 PM

Oct 2010
Hmmm, I don't know why but the drama hasn't hit me so far. In fact I have found myself growing less fond of this series when things turned dramatic... at first I thought it was just some issue I had with Fuko but in this episode, where I did get to feel something (mostly, on Sunohara's part), I have come to believe that it's about the delivery of the specific scenes, the dialogues maybe. Looks overdone.

It's not that I'm disappointed so far, but it is strange that this episode hasn't affected me as much. I tend to be a sucker for tearjerkers and this on the other hand...
Oct 25, 2013 2:54 AM

Jan 2013
jal90 said:
Hmmm, I don't know why but the drama hasn't hit me so far. In fact I have found myself growing less fond of this series when things turned dramatic... at first I thought it was just some issue I had with Fuko but in this episode, where I did get to feel something (mostly, on Sunohara's part), I have come to believe that it's about the delivery of the specific scenes, the dialogues maybe. Looks overdone.

It's not that I'm disappointed so far, but it is strange that this episode hasn't affected me as much. I tend to be a sucker for tearjerkers and this on the other hand...

Well, this is just the start. Things will get much better, especially in After Story. Don´t worry.
Nov 7, 2013 11:11 AM
Oct 2013
welled up a bit at the end.. poor sweet fuko :(
Feb 21, 2014 2:50 AM

Oct 2013
dat thing with the mum . devo
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 5, 2014 6:12 AM

Dec 2010
This episode.. For one thing, I hope Tomoya won't forget about her. It really pained me to see oyaji being in such pain because of her.

It reminded me of that ghost story in Air...
May 13, 2014 11:06 AM

May 2013
I'm just waiting for the episode that's supposed to make me cry, since everyone else I know says they did, lol. Pretty sad, but *shrugs* :P

I liked how the mom pretended she could still see Fu-chan though :') That was sweet of her.
Sep 14, 2014 4:54 PM

May 2013
"I am horrible." Nice one, Okazaki!
Lol, Starfish > Okazaki > Sea Slugs.

Wedding is coming soon, but no one's noticing Fuko.
Everyone's starting to forget. (T_T)
Tomoyo forgot, Mitsui too. Even Kyou and Ryou forgot.
Sunohara was serious one scene, but then he forgot Fuko. And then he sort of remembered, but it wasn't enough.

Akio forgot and Sanae's fighting to remember. (T_T)
I just hope it ends well somehow.
I’m always searching for something, for someone. This feeling has possessed me I think, from that day… That day when the stars came falling.
Jan 10, 2015 6:03 PM

Nov 2014
This episode had me tearing up a lot...that ending...when Akio didn't see Fuko, and then Sanae fell to the floor and was crying...the feels. :(

On a brighter note, Nagisa's parents are so hilarious though after Akio stepped on the carving knife LOL they're so dramatic, I love them!
Jan 11, 2015 5:52 PM

May 2014
Chelsea_ga_Kill said:
This episode had me tearing up a lot...that ending...when Akio didn't see Fuko, and then Sanae fell to the floor and was crying...the feels. :(

On a brighter note, Nagisa's parents are so hilarious though after Akio stepped on the carving knife LOL they're so dramatic, I love them!

Looks like we're watching at almost the same pace. Teary ending indeed, though =/
Feb 9, 2015 7:37 PM

Jul 2014
The feels haven't reached me yet but I heard the first season wasn't really sad. Damn, and here I thought I was holding up pretty well lol

Guess we'll see what happens when I get to After Story.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

radiantfire - Dec 21, 2007

203 by Extremo888 »»
May 11, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nodoka-koi - Nov 29, 2007

447 by Extremo888 »»
May 10, 11:41 AM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Awesmoe - Mar 28, 2008

350 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 6:26 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KY791 - Mar 13, 2008

146 by Creepyy »»
May 8, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by Extremo888 »»
May 8, 3:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.