Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 30, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2009
...what the hell was that ending LOL
was decent episode till the end. after that, it just became amazing.
i was expecting a... "oh dont mind me" *then casually walks away*
but nope, this guy made me realize where koko's craziness probably comes from haha.
koko is such a good girl. a lot of quirks but cant help but love her.
amazing dad though. he punished his daughter when he needed to, apologized to the victim's families and at the end of the day, still loves his daughter and can crack a joke or two. that ramen scene was his test to see if banri would be a good husband. that's how next level kaga san is.
KurogashiJan 30, 2014 5:29 PM
Jan 30, 2014 5:30 PM

Mar 2013
poor Koko,her father is very funny too XD
and btw, Nana is a woman who is Tsundere?
Jan 30, 2014 5:35 PM
Jan 2011
Banri called the police on his girlfriend! What a fucking dick!
Jan 30, 2014 5:39 PM

Jul 2012
The Koko and Bandi fight was awesome with their resolution, and then the father came into the room and RUINED EVERYTHING!

Great episode!!!
Jan 30, 2014 5:39 PM
Sep 2012
koko is life!
Jan 30, 2014 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
Please give us more episodes with the father he made this episode even with the small part he had. Why have they been hiding the father from us.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 6:07 PM

Aug 2012
Otosan for best guy!

"Yume?" Lol, I reacted the same as Banri.
Jan 30, 2014 6:20 PM
Jul 2013
Oh, still alive, I thought the fanservice had killed them. Damaged the episode in the end, everything was sentimentality, but it became comedy, was fome.

Tremendous Scene: http://i60.tinypic.com/2m64pk3.jpg
Jan 30, 2014 6:21 PM
Jan 2012
We need to see more of Kouko's father lol.
Jan 30, 2014 6:25 PM

Sep 2013
Haven't got a clue anymore where this show has started going, well I guess I'll have to wait and see it. Had higher expectations though for the romance part of the anime, but who knows it might get better. One thing that I found funny while reading the comments is how people think "ghost" Banri is an actual ghost standing besides the "real" Banri, instead of him being an unconscious and suppresed part of his persona who is watching his life drift afar from inside his body. That is probably the most depressing thing about this show, the unability to come to terms with his past, and accept himself as full, that keeps me wathing it :)
Jan 30, 2014 6:25 PM

Aug 2012
The emotions were strong in this episode. Man, this series is great. At this point, I'm beginning to realize that him and Linda ending up together...is basically not happening. To much with Koko has happened that really bonded them together. Father seems to approve too.
Jan 30, 2014 6:28 PM

Mar 2013
Dang, I was hoping for the "old" Banri to come back, and ditch Koko (sorry, not nice XP never really liked Koko)
But Koko's father made the episode better at the end :D He's funnier character then I thought he would be.
KilikcliaJun 23, 2014 1:15 PM
Jan 30, 2014 6:32 PM

May 2013
This was Golden Time's best episode in some time. Liked it overall.

There are a few things I had a problem with. One, the whole drama with the almost car accident felt a bit forced. It was blown way out of proportion. Yes, its was a scary experience and unfortunate, but I'd think the people involved could recover from it faster. But I guess I can buy Koko's reaction, she isn't the most mentally healthy character in the show.

Second, the abrupt switch from drama to comedy in the last part was a bit awkward, and the execution felt strange IMO.

Still, I like Koko's dad now. Doesn't seem like such a bad guy after all.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Jan 30, 2014 6:38 PM

Aug 2013
lol @ how quickly the car crash got resolved... I mean, the only one who got hurt was Oka, and her wound healed practically instantaneously.

That ep. 17 preview... Oh Banri, you dog.
Jan 30, 2014 6:52 PM

Oct 2013
Yeah its been a while since they made a good episode
Jan 30, 2014 7:13 PM

Aug 2012
Goddamn I need a gif of that slap, I haven't seen a swing like that since Arata's last match in Chihayafuru.

I wanted Banri to win that argument so bad, I'm glad he did but he sure got over it quick. Koko's 'wake up call' and subsequent reaction was just ridiculous. Hopefully that fight along with the wake up call will offer her some real development. Despite Koko's shenanigans, that transition from a bitter, intense fight to the dad's hilarity was pretty great. His hand gesture reminded me of Minori's famous scene lol
Jan 30, 2014 7:23 PM

Aug 2013
lol this episode was very tense
had a heavy load all the time, but in the end the father of Kouko gave a relieved in the climate
I thought for a moment and Banri Kouko were finished, already started getting angry with kkk hypothesis
but now the love of them is stronger than ever, which will be what will happen to give the story more drama?
another long week ahead ..

lol este episodio foi muito tenso
teve uma carga pesada o tempo inteiro, porém no fim o pai da Kouko deu uma aliviada no clima
por um momento achei que Banri e Kouko fossem terminar, ja comecei a ficar bravo com a hipotese kkk
mas agora o amor deles esta mais firme do que nunca, o que sera que vai acontecer para dar mais drama a historia?
outra longa semana pela frente ..
Jan 30, 2014 7:32 PM

Dec 2012
That may have been the quickest character change in expectations to reality I have ever seen. The dad goes from giving one of the most painful backslaps I have ever heard to making me crack up in the last minutes. Oh and important character development that helped me understand Koko's true feelings.
Jan 30, 2014 7:49 PM

Aug 2013
I laugh hard on that ramen scene. good episode :)
Jan 30, 2014 7:51 PM

Jul 2013
dat father..
Jan 30, 2014 7:52 PM

Jan 2013
Best episode yet.
Great drama, and a nice way to turn it around in the end.
Jan 30, 2014 7:58 PM

Apr 2013
Episode without Ghost Banri = epic. Just can't stand him anymore.

Kouko's dad was awesome, but wasn't that slap too strong? I mean, she fell down!

Anyway, father of the year goes to him.
Jan 30, 2014 8:03 PM
Nov 2013
I love Koko, I don't care what anyone says. I felt so bad for her when she got botch slapped. I'm glad she told Banri that he kept running away from his past self. "Wake Up Call" pretty much sums up this episode.

And Koko's dad is probably the best anime dad ever.
Jan 30, 2014 8:04 PM

Apr 2013
Marow said:
I have no idea why Banri is staying with her.
because Linda is even more a pain in the ass.
Jan 30, 2014 8:09 PM

Aug 2012
Sourire said:
Marow said:
Correct.
Jan 30, 2014 8:13 PM

Jun 2013
Hmmmmmmm nope, not feeling anything. It actually makes me sad that this is the case, because I want to like it, I really do.
Jan 30, 2014 8:34 PM

Jul 2010
A couple of comments:
1) To all of the people who thought the "car drama" was overblown and that Kouko's reaction to it was too extreme: I hope with my whole heart you never have to find out how psychologically damaging a near-miss situation like that can be. I have had FAR too many friends and family members injured or killed due to car accidents, including one friend who is a quadriplegic because his seat belt failed when the car he was in went off an overpass. Everyone else in the car walked away, he will never walk again. Imagine how the driver felt about that? Kouko is having to deal with the fact that her actions could have resulted in the death of the people she cares about most, including the man she so desperately loves. Add to that the recurring dreams and her fear that an accident of that sort could take Banri away from her even if he is still living, since he has a history of severe head trauma in the past, and her reaction is extremely reasonable. When you also weigh in the fact that she has practically zero self esteem to begin with and is prone to self hatred, it is the perfect storm.

Sorry to rant hard, but suggesting that something like that should be easy to brush off is immature and the type of attitude that can lead to deadly car accidents happening in the first place. If you don't respect the weight of responsibility you take on when you get behind the wheel of a car and do it when you are too tired, you are a danger to yourself, your passengers, and everyone on the road.

2) I get so pissed every time I see Kouko's father hit her. I am a father, and I would never even think of striking my daughter. (My son, I have thought about it on occasion, but mostly when he let his temper get the best of him when his sister was tormenting him too much. I haven't done it, though. He's also bigger than me now, and thirty years younger, so it would actually be really stupid... LOL) In addition, his dismissive and belittling attitude toward his "idiot" daughter is a large part of her problem, in my opinion. Yes, she is an idiot at times, but that doesn't mean her father should be the one telling her that. It isn't surprising that she has no self-esteem with that type of parent.

3) Takemiya-sensei is an absolute genius! The crafting of this story, with the deep, heartfelt drama rapidly followed by side-splitting slap-stick gags is inspired! This was very reminiscent of Kouko's confession scene, where the raw emotion poured forth, with her desperate plea for him to love her and stay with her forever, followed by her being arrested for stealing the bike. (In the novel and manga, that was done better, because they are literally about to kiss and she is picked up by the cop and taken away from him. Of course, that would be a massive abuse of police authority, to pick up a girl from the embrace of her boyfriend without even so much as informing her that you were there or she was about to be arrested, but it is comedy, so I can overlook that...)

4) Every time these two have a problem and end up in one of these deep, emotional discussions, bearing their insecurities and laying their emotional lives out in front of each other and grow as a couple and as individuals, I find it radiant and breathtakingly powerful. Unless the show goes off the rails big time, it will be moving a lot of shows on my top 15 list down a notch at the end of the season. Kouko demands it! :)
Jan 30, 2014 8:49 PM

Jul 2013
Dat bitchslap! Wonder how many times I replayed it... almost made this series worth watching.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 30, 2014 8:51 PM

Feb 2012
i just didnt get why the fak Banri called the police without telling the others first! Dude knew koko was already freaking out!
Jan 30, 2014 8:57 PM

Nov 2012
"He lied to you, I didn't. Remember that." That put a smile on my face.
Jan 30, 2014 9:05 PM
Aug 2012
Omg when each one of them was blaming themselves one after the other i just wanted to hear one of them go "well i feel completely innocent about this and i had no contribution to this unfortunate turn of events" xD
Jan 30, 2014 9:13 PM

Jul 2013
Well if anything I think the show is doing a good job of slowly making Koko more and more likeable without it being too fast. Thats the point of the show imo, the progression and maturity of the characters and they seem to be going at a good pace. Already Koko is pretty decently removed from how she was at episode 1 (which is to say a terrible and crazy person). No one likes her from the start but you grow to like her as you enjoy the journey of her evolution.

Banri on the other hand seems to be in stasis (or even regressing). He refuses to come to terms with his past and tries to avoid it. Ultimately I think this will be the big drama and event before everyone settles down into the happy ending. Banri truly can't continue until he reconciles with his past.

So far the side characters seem to be getting some better development then in some of the LN source authors other works (IE Toradora). I really just hope they don't all say "Fuck what I want because we have to randomly support the main couple!" like they did in the latter half of Toradora. Would like to see some happy endings for their friends as well.
Jan 30, 2014 9:20 PM
May 2013
This episode is pretty intense pretty msure though that the problem with banri past is gonna flare up next episode.
Jan 30, 2014 9:29 PM

Jul 2013
Oh my Koko's dad is such a troll.. no wonder his daughter turned up like that XD

Maaan, that slap!!!!! No bitch slap in any anime should ever surpass that

Banri's catching Koko's crazy stalker attitude in the preview really cracked me up lol....
Jan 30, 2014 9:34 PM

Oct 2010
AlexTheRiot said:
Sourire said:
Marow said:
Correct.
Agreed :P
Jan 30, 2014 9:36 PM

Apr 2012
Her dad deserved the meal :D
Jan 30, 2014 9:40 PM

Jul 2013
I died when he said "I WAS HONEST! HE LIED TO YOU.....Remember That." Lol
Jan 30, 2014 9:59 PM

Jul 2010
rafi160 said:
i just didnt get why the fak Banri called the police without telling the others first! Dude knew koko was already freaking out!

Because that is what you do when you are in an accident. If you fail to report it, the insurance company won't pay anything for it and there was no guarantee that there wasn't a more serious injury, especially to Oka, who only had a lap belt, which contributed to her being injured in the first place. The movement of her body which resulted in the injury probably involved a pretty severe abdominal blow from the belt. If they don't report it and she has severe abdominal injuries that they didn't know about, Kouko's problems could escalate from "You fell asleep at the wheel. It was a problem, but at least nobody was seriously hurt" to "Vehicular manslaughter". It was the responsible thing to do. He took charge and did it, since Kouko was freaking out.
Jan 30, 2014 10:28 PM
Mar 2013
This!

Watching the aftermath of Koko's accident reminded me of what happened to myself psychologically when I got in to a car accident. I couldn't even think of anything else at the time.
Jan 30, 2014 10:35 PM

Jul 2013
GREAT episode.

The reaction to the accident was one of the most realistic I've ever saw in any media. It reminded me so much of the time my girlfriend got into an accident and I injuried my shoulder in the passenger seat. Koko's reaction was almost the same as her's, the author NAILED IT.
Banri's reaction, trembling while trying to dial, was also perfect.

5/5
Jan 30, 2014 10:52 PM

Dec 2013
To start off I kind of feel bad because I laughed when KoKo got slapped by her dad, because I was thinking that a dad couldn't get away with something like that in America.

I had a drama overload this episode...geez. But it was good drama. If I had that dream over and over again I would be pretty shanken up about it too.
Jan 30, 2014 11:39 PM

Mar 2009
I can relate to this episode. I got in an accident myself when I started driving. No one got hurt and it was just a minor ding but it still gets to you. At first you are dazed because you aren't sure what happened then you feel so bad about the accident. They really did a good job this episode portraying such an event. I think her dreams is a sign that in later episodes there will be a choice she has to make and it will change the relationship between her and banri. Probably even the whole group.
K-ON v1.1 ... Please leave you comments on my profile! ^_^
Jan 31, 2014 12:07 AM
Jan 2014
Kouko's dad was a win in this episode. Kouko flying off after the slap was a bit too much though.
Jan 31, 2014 1:48 AM
Mar 2013
I'm so happy they didn't break up; and the dad is really hilarious if you count out the slap he gave Koko first.

I actually thought they would break up because of that fight. Luckily they didn't.

Koko has to stop being so insecure.
Jan 31, 2014 1:53 AM

Jun 2012
As soon as Banri started saying that stuff, I was like "Oh noo..."
Glad Kouko and Banri talked things out though instead of the usual misunderstanding BS. Waiting for the inevitable Linda/Banri discussion near the end of the series to put his past self to rest once and for all

Wasn't expecting Kouko's dad to have a goofier side to him
Jan 31, 2014 2:45 AM
Apr 2013
Is it just me or am I the only one who doesn't like Koko?
Jan 31, 2014 3:48 AM

Feb 2013
Awesome episode. I've been enjoying this series from the very beginning.
~ El Psy Congroo~

Jan 31, 2014 4:06 AM

May 2010
Nana is badass. I found out that I might actually like Chinami x 2d-kun. Glad everything is al right now. What a father xD
Jan 31, 2014 4:52 AM

Feb 2012
A retarded ep as usual.
Jan 31, 2014 4:54 AM

Sep 2013
koko's dad for best char of the season lol
walked right up to her and slapped her LOL

she needed a wake up call tbh, i'm glad he did that
hopefully she'll start to be a little more responsible
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.