Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Feb 2, 2014 10:22 AM

Jan 2014
I always thought Koko was crazy, guess this episode confirmed my suspicions.

Ok episode but everything was way too overdramatic, and not in a good way either.

Author must be high as fk to come up with such messed up characters
*insert subjectively witty comment*
Feb 2, 2014 1:40 PM

Oct 2013
airavatar said:
I always thought Koko was crazy, guess this episode confirmed my suspicions.

Ok episode but everything was way too overdramatic, and not in a good way either.

Author must be high as fk to come up with such messed up characters

Like school days? I swear I thought this was where the fight was going at first lol.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 2, 2014 2:37 PM

Jul 2010
A big meh.If not Nana, 2D, Chinami and Koko's father i would have to pause this episode and take a break.Seriously, this show was so amazing at start imo...16 episodes and i had to lower my rating 3 times.Everything because of main characters ._.
Where's Linda and Ghost Banri im asking.
Feb 2, 2014 4:23 PM

Jun 2012
This episode was brilliant! ^^

LOL Koko's dad XD

5/5.

Feb 2, 2014 4:24 PM

Mar 2012
I loved this episode! It was so funny to see Koko's dad asking Banri to make him ramen.
Kuroookoooooo-chin!
Feb 2, 2014 4:30 PM

Jun 2012
Jocko said:
Hate Koko, Love Koko, Hate Koko, Love Koko.
I don't even know anymore. I want to hate her, I love Linda, but I just can't.

^ lol sounds like you are having more conflict than Banri.

Feb 2, 2014 4:38 PM

Jun 2012
Riez said:
Sjineau said:
Mr. Kaga - Best Girl.

Best dad ever.

deserves his own show.

Feb 2, 2014 4:54 PM

Mar 2012
Episode felt a bit too dramatic.
Feb 2, 2014 5:59 PM

Mar 2013
Koko is such an extremely extremely extremely weak girl. She isn't best girl by a mile, but since she is so weak she needs Banri more than anyone else.

Like honestly they should redo Koko as a red head, because that bitch is crazy. A red headed ex of mine actually pulled some shit like that on me once... ONCE. I emphasize "once" because I got the hell out of Dodge after that happened.
Feb 2, 2014 7:27 PM

Jul 2008
That episode was so hard to watch. The scene where everyone has taking responsibility for the accident was ridiculous, and the 10 minute argument between Kouko and Banri was just so over the top. And when Kouko actually brings up a legitimate point about Banri running away from his past, he is just like "oh well I promise not to do it again".
Feb 2, 2014 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
Koko's Dad has got one mean backhand.
Feb 2, 2014 9:22 PM

Oct 2013
GarLogan78 said:
That episode was so hard to watch. The scene where everyone has taking responsibility for the accident was ridiculous, and the 10 minute argument between Kouko and Banri was just so over the top. And when Kouko actually brings up a legitimate point about Banri running away from his past, he is just like "oh well I promise not to do it again".

This was one of golden time's weaker episodes for sure.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Feb 3, 2014 5:18 AM

Nov 2012
lol koko's dad is really funny.. XD
but that slap is must be really hurt ><
anyway.. idk what to say.. but another episode without linda ><

oh btw this scene <3
"He lied to you Koko!"
"I was the honest one!"

Best part of the episode
Feb 3, 2014 8:16 AM
Dec 2013
Poor kouko :(...
Feb 3, 2014 8:21 AM
Dec 2013
makarov52 said:
lol koko's dad is really funny.. XD
but that slap is must be really hurt ><
anyway.. idk what to say.. but another episode without linda ><

oh btw this scene <3
"He lied to you Koko!"
"I was the honest one!"

Best part of the episode
damn u why hate koko==
Feb 3, 2014 8:22 AM
Dec 2013
Korrvo said:
Really liked the dad in this episode. One moment hes a man of discpline, and the next hes the guy that knows how to deal with his daughter and make the mood lighter.

Poor koko thou. Must not be easy having a BF with amnesia that may or may not change the relationship at any given time.

Marow said:
Are we supposed to actually like Kouko or not? What do you think?

On another note, I have no idea why Banri is staying with her.
I don't understand why people could dislike her. She has some annoying tendencies, but don't we all in some way or another?

Because she is codependant and actually acts like a girl and gets emotional? Woah, she's human! Damn people and their weird idealistic standards, I swear.

And really, unless you're very dense or just haven't been watching the series, it's not hard to see why Banry is with Koko.
I also dont understand,why all of you hate kouko? i know she is an annoying girl..
Feb 3, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2009
Ugh, Kouko is the worst. She is like the definition of Drama Queen.

At least the father made this enjoyable, how did such fun dad make such a bitchy, whiny daughter...
AozureFeb 3, 2014 11:37 AM
Feb 3, 2014 2:12 PM

Oct 2012
Afterall, it was pretty lucky crash, if I can say it this way. And no personality swith for Banri I guess. But its consequences can be great.

Apart from unnecessary funny end with her father, this was relatively good episode. Her father cares for her in his specific way that's clear. I just wonder if Koko changes any further, she really needs to tone done her hysteria for her character to be bearable. Otherwise, she is quite likable.

Next time there is some event and sweet times for them again it seems. But I wonder where are we going from here. Is second ghost-self of Banri gone with the accident? And what about Linda? We are still left in dark about why she was meeting with Mitsuo before. I hope we are going to find out soon.
Feb 3, 2014 10:18 PM

Sep 2013
That back-handed slap >:O

What a tackle XD

That scene once Koko's Dad walked into her room was down right hilarious.

Banri in the preview was acting very strange :o

This was another great episode, why the hell did I wait so long to watch it!?!?
Feb 3, 2014 11:48 PM

Oct 2013
Tbh this episode really felt over-dramatic, the ending was really nice though.
Feb 4, 2014 5:47 AM

Dec 2011
I don't like the way she said them, or her reasons for doing it, but damn some of those things Kouko said to Banri needed saying badly.

So thank you, Kouko.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Feb 4, 2014 7:49 AM

Dec 2012
This was a really sad episode, Im glad they add that little bit with the dad at the end or I would've been depressed the whole day. I like how they yelled at eachother about what they feared most cause the relationship grows stronger from there. I think the new Banri is better than the old one and more happy although it isnt fair to the old one since it was his body to begin with. Well anyways the creator of this anime portrays the story beautifully.

Feb 4, 2014 3:38 PM

Mar 2013
DannyREN said:
Ugh, Kouko is the worst. She is like the definition of Drama Queen.

At least the father made this enjoyable, how did such fun dad make such a bitchy, whiny daughter...

That's exactly my thought.
Such a bitch ! I wanted to hit her in the face real hard when she said all this to Banri... It wasn't him who decided to forget, and it's totally because of her that he tried not to remember !! Don't mess with him just because you feel insecure for no good reason !

And why does he forgive her every time ? Because he loves her of course, but still why ?!
Jal51Feb 4, 2014 3:43 PM
Feb 4, 2014 4:51 PM
Aug 2013
Jal51 said:
It wasn't him who decided to forget, and it's totally because of her that he tried not to remember !!

Banri decided to leave his past behind long before he met Koko. Blaming her for that decision is ridiculous.
Feb 4, 2014 11:21 PM
Dec 2013
Korrvo said:
Really liked the dad in this episode. One moment hes a man of discpline, and the next hes the guy that knows how to deal with his daughter and make the mood lighter.

Poor koko thou. Must not be easy having a BF with amnesia that may or may not change the relationship at any given time.

Marow said:

On another note, I have no idea why Banri is staying with her.
I don't understand why people could dislike her. She has some annoying tendencies, but don't we all in some way or another?

Because she is codependant and actually acts like a girl and gets emotional? Woah, she's human! Damn people and their weird idealistic standards, I swear.

And really, unless you're very dense or just haven't been watching the series, it's not hard to see why Banry is with Koko.
still with kouko :D,agreed with you.
Feb 5, 2014 1:40 AM

Dec 2013
My wish: next epsisode no Koko, no Banri, no Linda. I want more scenes of Koko´s dad :D!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Feb 5, 2014 2:27 AM

Feb 2014
So much drama!? O.o. I do think Koko is high maintenance but I think her trauma she's received from the car crash is justified.

Glad to be ghost banri free for an episode -_-

Did someone mention that Banri's turned to drugs next episode to deal with his problems. You silly boy -_-.
Feb 5, 2014 4:41 AM

Jan 2014
this show just keeps getting better and better.
Feb 5, 2014 5:14 PM

Jun 2012
God damn, Banri's laugh at the very end was creepy as hell.

Also loved the way Banri said "a dream!?", 'cause that was my reaction exactly.

And when her father was standing there was hilarious... I think I really like her father at least: "I was honest! He lied to you! You should remember that."

I fell asleep at the wheel once driving across state at night when I hadn't been driving wrong... it wasn't as big a deal though since they're nice enough to include bumps on the sides of the road to wake you up, so it didn't bother me as much... but I think I can sympathize with her since they actually crashed.

I guess it's just lucky for them those guard rails were strong, because they normally don't do much good in a head on collision. Anyway good episode over all.
Feb 5, 2014 8:31 PM

Apr 2011
This series needs to focus on comedy. It's so good when it's funny and is often cringe-worthy when dramatic. Especially when ghost Banri is involved.

This episode really improved my outlook of this series. Koko's dad needs more screen time!
Feb 5, 2014 9:19 PM

Dec 2012
MrDressup said:
This series needs to focus on comedy. It's so good when it's funny and is often cringe-worthy when dramatic. Especially when ghost Banri is involved.

While I won't go so far as to say "cringe-worthy"', I agree that ghost!Banri doesn't really do it for me. At first, it was okay because they were trying to emphasise the loss of his personality/memories etc. But now I can't really take those sequences seriously any more, especially when he 'curses' his other self. I mean, I think can be universally agreed upon that when a person suffers memory loss, their lost memories don't become some spectre and float around, interfering in their own love lives! The dramatic effect is all good and well, but considering that so far this anime has succeeded in showing realism to some extent, it should not ruin that with unnecessary 'typical anime' drama.

And personally, I don't like the exclusively Banri/Koko episodes as much as the ones that involve all the other characters. I think the drama, comedy, emotion in those episodes are executed better and are more enjoyable.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 6, 2014 8:13 PM

Jun 2012
^ I dunno, the ghost thing could be taken as a metaphor... it seems more like a conflicting personality / memories trying to get back into his head. I'm not saying that's how it is, but there was only one episode where it even really implied that he was cursing them.

Everything that was a "curse" so far has been naturally occurring events that happen all the time.. it seems more like strokes of bad luck than anything to me. And the only time cursing was even mentioned was that one time when he said "you're abandoning me? I'll curse you!", and perhaps at the end of last episode where he said "I didn't want it to go this far!"... but I mean, I can't see how he could accidentally make them fall asleep and die, if he were really cusing them.
Feb 6, 2014 8:51 PM

Dec 2013
For those who think Koko's dad's slap was excessive, I think it has something to do with Asian culture and keeping up a public image. I mean, your daughter gets into an accident and nearly kills all her friends, publicly, you discipline her to show everyone else that you disapprove of her actions. The consoling and all that should be done in private anyway, the only issue is that the only one who could actually console her wasn't dad but Banri.

That said, the hillarious scene with Banri and the dad at the end was also a cultural metaphor for the dad's acceptance of Banri as an important part of Koko's life. You wouldn't tell your daughters random friend to go and make ramen in your kitchen off the bat now would you?

All in all, a great episode.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Feb 7, 2014 12:59 AM

Dec 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
^ I dunno, the ghost thing could be taken as a metaphor... it seems more like a conflicting personality / memories trying to get back into his head.
That's how it should have been and I symphathised at first, but then ghost!Banri got too much presence (irony) and became exasperating.

HalibelTheEspada said:
Everything that was a "curse" so far has been naturally occurring events that happen all the time.
Yeah, I know right? But the fact is it happened right after the episode where ghost!Banri said he'd curse his other self, implying reasons for these 'small accidents' to be otherwise.
Anime List

↳ click profile for recommendations

✨☆✨

Feb 8, 2014 8:42 AM

Feb 2014
Awesome ep, good thing they cleared up most of the stuff in 1 episode. Lol when her dad came in.

"For the sake of humankind, I forsake my humanity." - Cherry
Feb 10, 2014 4:37 AM

May 2011
One of the most original confession I've seen for a romance series. It exceeded my expectations---and it was creative, with all of them stemming from a simple nightmare. Father is a winner. I LIKE HIM. This show, introspectively speaking, is extremely surreal. It's not your usual bubbly win-win RomCom one would expect, yet not your hardcore romance tragedy with a lot of people dying. This is surprisingly, psychological.
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Feb 11, 2014 1:02 AM

Aug 2013
LOL Banri "....I'm being yelled at...hit too...because of a DREAM?!" LOLOLOL
Feb 13, 2014 10:39 PM

Sep 2008
Kouko's father is big lols.
Feb 15, 2014 8:35 PM

Aug 2012
Wow, after a month break from this show I realized how derpy this show is when it tries to look all dramatic. It's hard to take an argument consisting of yelling seriously if it's just some stupid lovers' quarrel.
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Feb 17, 2014 5:50 PM

Oct 2012
:( terrible episode, really hate it when you can sum up an episode in 3 words:

Feb 18, 2014 4:36 AM

Nov 2011
4/5

In terms of originality Palme d'Or to the series, one of the narrative, the bet does not win the Golden Lion for the dialogues of Banri unconvincing and lacking punch. At times, they give the feeling of being false, the same thing during the meeting to four, made ​​by the boys, seemed forced.
Plot without significant changes, however, the pleasant came to the pope's Kouko! LOL
Drawings and animations dull, much better than the designs used for the scenarios.
Concomitantly Kouko's father and Nana, wins the challenge for the MC.
Feb 18, 2014 11:56 AM

Jul 2013
dfmerin12 said:
Dad equals 2D-kun in awesomeness! lol

+1 haha, and that scene with Kouko's father was hilarious!!!!
PhinalPhlashFeb 27, 2014 7:29 PM
Feb 20, 2014 10:39 AM

Jun 2011
wow, this was a hell of a bad drama. super forced
Feb 21, 2014 6:02 PM

Jun 2008
Yes, Kouko realized she is acting like a child so she thought to make up for it by acting even more like a child.
I swear this chick makes want to slap her a 100 times over. She's so spoiled.

Marow said:

I think some mind find her mannerisms cute. Me i would just feel like struggling her about now.

zensunni said:
A couple of comments:
1) To all of the people who thought the "car drama" was overblown and that Kouko's reaction to it was too extreme: I hope with my whole heart you never have to find out how psychologically damaging a near-miss situation like that can be. I have had FAR too many friends and family members injured or killed due to car accidents, including one friend who is a quadriplegic because his seat belt failed when the car he was in went off an overpass. Everyone else in the car walked away, he will never walk again. Imagine how the driver felt about that? Kouko is having to deal with the fact that her actions could have resulted in the death of the people she cares about most, including the man she so desperately loves.

"Could have" is not the same as actually happening and yes it was overblown. Also yes i have been in accidents, i know how scary it can be, i still got out of it and acted very logically and calm. From the moment you see there is no serious injury there is no reason to act like that. She's childish, spoiled and slightly deranged as a person really and that's why she acts like that.
MonadFeb 22, 2014 4:08 AM
Feb 22, 2014 4:38 PM

Nov 2007
The dad is now the best character in this series.

Banri such a loser. Lecturing her over shit he can't get right himself.

Koko is just the worst. Nearly kills everyone. Whines.

I can't stand either of them.

Linda is gone, and nobody worth a damn is doing anything.

The dad and the cat are the only likable characters left.
Feb 23, 2014 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Finally I can see Banri x Koko couple... before this episode i really did think they would make good couple at all

Like father like daughter hha
Feb 26, 2014 12:35 PM

Jul 2010
Iolo said:
"He lied to you Koko!"
"I was the honest one!"

Best part of the episode

That made me laugh after the dram part :D
Feb 27, 2014 1:31 PM

Aug 2013
Holy shit, in the first half, I was like ''that father is a ruthless bastard'' and in the second I thought ''that father is fucking hilarious!''.

Koko : ''Would by any chance my father be behind us?''
Banri : ''No, you're wrong, there's only the cat''
Mr. Kaga : ''He's lying!''

That scene was so funny :P

The first half had such a depressing mood, but it's normal since she feeled really guilty for the accident.

I think that they were pretty much all responsible for the accident. They should have called a taxi.

That show is such a feeling rollercoaster...
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 5, 2014 11:53 AM

Mar 2013
lol @ Koko's dad.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.