Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 27, 2014 6:55 PM
Apr 2012
That is a big ass fucking Teddy Bear. I wanna see a Colossal Titan vs Teddy bear..
Jan 27, 2014 7:28 PM

Nov 2012
LMFAO HOLY HELL

That WWE wrestling match all the witches on the side of good are mad scary. But the Tower witches are really cute.

Plus the MC and the queen's love vibes got really strong in this episode.
AichiroJan 27, 2014 7:31 PM
Jan 27, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2010
Great episode, awesome bear vs bunny fight.Dem KagarixHonoka moments...short, but so great.
Also, dang i find Tanpopo's voice soo cute.I want to hear more of it!
Jan 27, 2014 8:00 PM
Jul 2018
and here comes the little sister.
Jan 27, 2014 8:42 PM

Jun 2012
Way to go, destroying a part of the city to protect the said city, and the brother who's in the explosion radius as well. She should revise the ratio of damage against building vs witch she does. At least tune down the damage done to buildings, it'd be better for "protection" I think.
Jan 27, 2014 8:53 PM

Mar 2013
Those brocon moments. lol.
Jan 27, 2014 9:19 PM

Apr 2011
This was a decent epd. epd 3 was way better.
Glorious Titties Nuff Said!

Make America Great Again!
Jan 27, 2014 9:23 PM

Jun 2013
OP and ED are the best parts of this show. Fhana is just amazing and the ED remains catchy as hell every time.

The fight was entertaining, but what the is the town supposed to do now that Kasumi destroyed half of it whilst supposedly doing the work of "justice" (aka protecting Onii-chan)? How in the HELL was no one killed? Welp, time to turn my brain off and let acceptance take over. That will make this much more enjoyable. :)
Jan 27, 2014 11:58 PM

Mar 2013
LOL that Tower Witches, they all are Idiot XD
and that titanbear, Imouto Power!
Jan 28, 2014 12:38 AM

Mar 2012
Dat review meeting though xD
Jan 28, 2014 2:06 AM

Aug 2008
It amazing there's no casualty in the fight.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Jan 28, 2014 4:05 AM

Jul 2009
xchee said:
"I'm going to protect my brother and the city he lives in."
*does a nuke stomp, giant explosion*

Haha way to go Kasumi! So is Takamiya's whole family part of the Workshop?

When you think about it, the brother was pretty close to the ground impact centre. But, if the news reports no wounded , *obviously* it's true.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Jan 28, 2014 10:35 AM
Oct 2010
Hehe, Honoka missed the teeth brushing teddy bear at 5:00, that should have given him a hint that his home is perhaps more than meets the eye.
Jan 28, 2014 4:36 PM

Jan 2008
He sure has a lot of penguins in his room.
Jan 28, 2014 4:58 PM

Oct 2013
Sageie said:
What's up with all the penguins?
great episode idd

Yeah interesting. Maybe he'll make magic penguins like that woman who makes bunnies
Jan 28, 2014 6:01 PM
Feb 2013
Sorafyy said:
It's official, either every single Tower Witch are too weak and can't do shit, or every single Workshop Witch are indestructible and therefore OP.
Takamiya's imouto is cute, but can get really annoying imo

Most of the tower witches are weak in comparison yes, but that's mostly because his bodyguards (the princess and his sister) are both very powerful and he needs powerful bodyguards for a reason (his white stuff which will be revealed soon enough).
Trippwire01 said:
OP and ED are the best parts of this show. Fhana is just amazing and the ED remains catchy as hell every time.

The fight was entertaining, but what the is the town supposed to do now that Kasumi destroyed half of it whilst supposedly doing the work of "justice" (aka protecting Onii-chan)? How in the HELL was no one killed? Welp, time to turn my brain off and let acceptance take over. That will make this much more enjoyable. :)

There's actually a valid reason why no one is injured, I wont spoil it but for future reference, there is a reason why NO NORMAL person gets injured in this city during these witch fights.
Jan 28, 2014 8:00 PM

Dec 2013
This show just keeps getting better, best episode by far!

-What's up with the penguins? lol

-That JPW match was the shit. Laughed my ass off, especially during the famous pose and mist spit! Teddy Nukesem!

-The brocon thing is a little annoying, but damn if that sister isn't BA

-Still love those tower witches, no matter how many times they get thoroughly stomped on. Tonpopo is great, and I love her review meetings.

-Finally getting a look at the antagonist, Medusa could be awesome.

All in all, I give this one 8/10.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 28, 2014 11:11 PM
Sep 2013
I just find it hilarious how weak those 5 tower witches are. They always plan these ambushes only to get their asses handed to them, time and time again.
Jan 29, 2014 9:54 AM

Apr 2013
oh my god that teddy lariat
Jan 29, 2014 1:13 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Ughhhh...

This series was becoming my unexpected little pleasure for the season. And then the jealous litle sister cliché had to show up. God, I cannot wait for the imouto craze to be over soon.

Anyways, the Medusa character looks like it certainly can take on the Workshop witches.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 29, 2014 1:57 PM

Feb 2011
Evangelion with bunnies.
Jan 29, 2014 2:12 PM
Aug 2011
Holy crap the sister is the single most annoying character this season and she's ugly to boot.

I can't do it, I just can't do it.
Shame because the last episode was pretty good.
Jan 29, 2014 2:22 PM

Jul 2009
l wish that llama was an alpaca
Jan 29, 2014 3:27 PM

Jan 2014
For some reason I cannot help but feel meh about the episode. It wasn't bad but when it comes to rating somehow I cannot give it a high rating, not sure why, maybe because while it was good it had a lot of elements that were pretty random or something?

I mean sister being a witch is something that was pretty forceful, in fact I thought she would be the kind of non-witch but tough regular-person kind of character. She being a witch was unexpected, and that itself wasn't bad. The fact her power creep was ridiculous was what may have annoyed me, I mean she appears with a giant stuffed bear, beats those bunny robos around, then when the witch summons a big one of her own and the other win makes her dino grow, solution? Grow as big as a freaking mountain and just stomp them flat. The hell?

While entertaining it is a bit boring and a letdown that most of the Tower Witches are as useless as Team Rocket. Gotta lol at the 5 witches ranting their way on the karaoke though.
Jan 29, 2014 3:36 PM
Jan 2008
BGMaxie said:
For some reason I cannot help but feel meh about the episode. It wasn't bad but when it comes to rating somehow I cannot give it a high rating, not sure why, maybe because while it was good it had a lot of elements that were pretty random or something?

I mean sister being a witch is something that was pretty forceful, in fact I thought she would be the kind of non-witch but tough regular-person kind of character. She being a witch was unexpected, and that itself wasn't bad. The fact her power creep was ridiculous was what may have annoyed me, I mean she appears with a giant stuffed bear, beats those bunny robos around, then when the witch summons a big one of her own and the other win makes her dino grow, solution? Grow as big as a freaking mountain and just stomp them flat. The hell?

It's not really random as it hints towards future developments and shows that Takamiya's family are not as normal as they first appeared to be.

It's the same situation as "how are they going to fix everything now that they blew up half the city?" from this episode.
Jan 29, 2014 3:40 PM

Jan 2013
Great episode.
His little sister really annoyed me in the first half. But, she isn't that bad.
Jan 29, 2014 5:17 PM
Nov 2010
I really love how this anime balances awesome action with random humor. Thought it kinda minimizes the pawns it's kinda refreshing seeing a Team Rocket doing random things like trying to bring a llama into a business that allows pets as well as the weekly karaoke. =) So cute. ^_^

I also thoroughly enjoyed seeing the cute little sister dry his hair and then proceed to scare the crap outta him by the threat of extreme pain and discomfort. lol =D

That part though where the bear grew from like...building size to mountain size was hilarious. Oh! Did anyone else immediately thinking about Sakarasou no Pet na Kanojo because of the bear/bunny fight?
yngtadpoleJan 29, 2014 5:23 PM
Jan 29, 2014 7:50 PM

Sep 2010
Sure is funny how they just go to karaoke whenever their plan failed.
Jan 29, 2014 10:46 PM

Aug 2013
billybob300c said:
1. Little sisters can be scary

lolwut. It took you this episode for you to find that out? Dude, the imouto character archetype is portrayed as the nastiest villain for the male protagonist in any series.
Jan 30, 2014 1:41 AM

Apr 2012
that teddy bear Vs rabbit battle reminded me of the megazord battles from power rangers.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Jan 30, 2014 3:11 AM

Aug 2012
An overpowered imouto with a brother complex will never fail to impress me. Dem, that's one tiny teddy bear you got there.
Zapredon said:
One of the biggest mystery of the universe indeed.
Jan 30, 2014 9:52 AM

Jul 2010
julyan04 said:
An overpowered imouto with a brother complex will never fail to impress me. Dem, that's one tiny teddy bear you got there.
Zapredon said:
One of the biggest mystery of the universe indeed.

That will be explained before too long...

Hyper-imouto was less annoying than I remember from the manga... Maybe I just knew what to expect and it wasn't as bad. The next few episodes are HUGE in terms of plot and such... Can't wait! I love this show!
Jan 30, 2014 12:42 PM

Oct 2013
I get the feeling medusa and Kagari are connected or some shit.
Jan 30, 2014 3:54 PM
Dec 2010
I understood from reading the manga that Honoka is basically a pussy. Of the highest degree.

But dear god has it not been made more clear than through the anime.

Wow. He really needs to man up.

ZikarnKraisJan 30, 2014 3:59 PM
Jan 30, 2014 6:51 PM

May 2013
The yandere imouto, how refreshing and funny. And simply epic.
Jan 31, 2014 12:37 PM

Nov 2013
Very funny episode. And Ayaka is one of my most favourite heroines in anime history.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Feb 1, 2014 10:00 PM

Dec 2011
LOL the imouto is pretty damn crazy badass.
Can't wait to see Medusa in action.
Feb 2, 2014 8:17 AM

Jul 2012
Wow this show is so bad.

The main character is such a wimp.
The fire witch is OP.
Now he has an imouto to take care of him (who of course also is a witch).
No one has common sense.

What was up with that "mecha" fight.
She should have just punched the giant robot on the fucking head where the witch was standing, instead of punching the robot.
This is so stupid.

Also that one theme is so Ghost Busters.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Feb 2, 2014 3:34 PM

Jun 2012
Lol, the karaoke at the end of some episodes reminds me of Lucky Star. Maybe it's just my imagination but when Tanpopo was singing karaoke, she sounded just like Konata... which is interesting since Aya Hirano apparently plays another character in this series. I hope she's not a minor character, because I'd hate to see Aya lowered to a mere comic relief character. Either way it was a pretty funny scene.

Also just noticed that the ending theme was actually sung by those 5 tower witches.

I had a feeling Kasumi was probably a witch, she just looks witch-esque with her hair.
Feb 2, 2014 7:06 PM

Nov 2012
Can't help but enjoy watching the absurdness this anime has to provide.
ShigureFeb 2, 2014 7:12 PM
Feb 3, 2014 7:30 PM

Mar 2009
Fantastic episode!! This show just keeps getting better!

And I love the animation so much! Can't get enough of that ED.

Kasumi is so win, I hope his mom is a witch to.

Karaoke reflection FTW!

Urahara Out!!
Feb 7, 2014 7:25 PM

Nov 2012
it getting better XD so whats with the penguins XD
I know that the sister is a witch...
so glad that she is not the enemy :)
Feb 9, 2014 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Nice battle between pedestrians, but nothing more!
The levels are not elevated in the field is during the narration, over and over again it repeats, so do not stay there so bad.
Plot quite interesting. Narration nice, Kasumi for now is only hinted at in his characterization, the only features that have marked most of all is his attachment to his brother and the yandere trait in his manner.
Technically it is still of good quality and the designs maintain a very good level.
Perhaps there is too much CG, but it is annoying; smooth animations.
For now I'm liking it a lot, I hope to continue like this.
Feb 18, 2014 3:41 PM

Aug 2013
They are going to be living together now?! Oh boy.
My Candies:
Feb 26, 2014 10:48 AM
Jan 2010
takamiya is such a faggot holy shit
Feb 27, 2014 1:18 PM

Jul 2013
I love the tower five. Having a karaoke session with your friends is obviously the only way to have a review meeting.

I had a feeling his sister was a witch. Tbh I was expecting a plot twist where she's a tower witch or something.
Mar 1, 2014 7:38 PM

Aug 2013
Ohh, a brother complex. That will bring some comedy and a bit of new dynamic.

I never thought I would see in my life a wrestling fight against a giant teddy bear and a giant bunny mechas... xD
I also thought she was going for a german supplex at one point :P

I like when show mix mythologies. I wonder how Medusa will interact with the witches.

Anyway, there is literally witches everywhere in that show. Witches for everyone!

I'm really starting to like those five evil witches, they are fucking hilarious xD
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 2, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2009
Could've been a nice surprise of sorts this episode like how it was in the manga, but that preview last episode probably ruined it for some.

Anyway, Kasumi finally reveals herself as a second Workshop witch in charge of Honoka's security from Tower witches. Never really thought that one day I'd see that gigantic plush wrestling match scene actually get animated, but I did. And it was nothing short of awesome. Epic, even. GJ, J.C. Staff on that one.

Kasumi's got serious siscon + crazy yandere tendencies, but she does need to remember that as a Workshop witch, she should be be protecting the city and not be the one causing destruction... though she did state her goals and achieved one, to be fair.

I would hope people won't fault Honoka for being relatively powerless and call him spineless or tell him to "man up"; It's not really because he lacks will or courage like so many other truly wimpy anime mains out there (in harems especially); it's just that the many women around him are that insanely powerful AND domineering... that all his initiatives and attempts to be the hero for once all go by unnoticed. Meh, can't please everyone after all. :/
Mar 5, 2014 12:07 AM

Jan 2008
The episode was funny not as much great but more on the funny side though. On to the next episode though looks to be good.
Apr 24, 2014 12:49 PM

May 2012
Pretty lovely development and man what lovely action! Quite nice episode indeed!
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.