Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2014 2:26 PM

Feb 2008
An intense finale, the ghost definitely got more than he bargained for. Looking forward to the next one.
Jan 24, 2014 3:10 PM

Mar 2012
MOTHERFUCKING GHOST BANRI!
Jan 24, 2014 3:37 PM

Nov 2013
The end of this episode scared the crap out of me.
That would be my worst nightmare, in fact i plain refuse to drive if i haven't had at least a few hours sleep...

I reckon Koko is yelling out of guilt for what she nearly did. I don't think she's losing it at anyone but herself.

Ghost Banri really took his curse too far, its time for him to go.
Jan 24, 2014 3:45 PM

Aug 2011
My thoughts:

About the ending.
I believe that the old Banri took over for just a second in order to stop the vehicle. Since Banri would not have been able to react that fast.

About the preview for the next episode.
I think Koko is upset because she feels guilty over almost killing them all.

Overall was a pretty good and well executed episode. Good all around character development.

P.S. I love Chinami so much! I really hope we get to see the results of the Okaemra, by the last episode.
Jan 24, 2014 4:01 PM

Jul 2010
Seriously, both Banris and Koko annoy me too much lel.
Jan 24, 2014 5:21 PM

Dec 2009
http://animeviking.com/2014/01/25/the-car-driving-in-golden-time-15-is-insane/

So, I had issues with this episode.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 24, 2014 5:38 PM
Jul 2013
OMG 2D KUN I REALLY WANT YOU TO MARRY ME

WILL MAKE YOU RAMEN ERRYDAYYYYYYYYYY
Jan 24, 2014 5:41 PM
Jan 2013
Great episode! Whoa this is getting so dramatic. Wanna see what happens in the next~

BTW Chinami looks so cute sleeping on 2D-kun's shoulder. I SHIP IT LIKE FEDEX
Jan 24, 2014 5:55 PM
Jan 2011
Whoa, nice move ghost Banri, if it weren't for you everybody would gotten hurt from an accident, man they should have just check themselves in an inn.
Jan 24, 2014 6:33 PM

Jan 2013
Koko is a psychotic bitch. Here stalker/jealous tendencies are off the chart. I almost feel like she still has something for Yana.

More Linda! Less Koko and Banri....
Bring back original Banri and kill off Koko+ imposter Banri.

Mod Edit: This was the second of a double post. Since it was a rewording of the first post, I assumed you did this rather than editing that one and eliminated it. Don't double post!
rodacJan 25, 2014 1:18 AM
Jan 24, 2014 7:42 PM
Jun 2013
Liked this episode. However, looking from the preview, Something Big is gonna happen next episode (Please don't spoil if you read the light novel/manga...)
Jan 24, 2014 8:49 PM

Feb 2012
Was i the only one who thought the climax of this episode was delivered brilliantly but also really scary?

That was like the most realistic "nightmare" situation i've seen in anime for a long time...Seeing all of them sleep peacefully while the speedometer goes higher and higher...Man, this was so intense and scared the crap out of me. I was like "No. Is this really happening? This can't be happening. Do something. Someone." I felt somewhat helpless.

I'm not even the biggest fan of this series, but this really shook me up a bit. Kudos to the producers for that.
Jan 24, 2014 9:49 PM

Feb 2012
Saishuni said:
Was i the only one who thought the climax of this episode was delivered brilliantly but also really scary?

That was like the most realistic "nightmare" situation i've seen in anime for a long time...Seeing all of them sleep peacefully while the speedometer goes higher and higher...Man, this was so intense and scared the crap out of me. I was like "No. Is this really happening? This can't be happening. Do something. Someone." I felt somewhat helpless.

I'm not even the biggest fan of this series, but this really shook me up a bit. Kudos to the producers for that.

I rewatched it and it was well done.
but it definitely won't beat watching it high, that's for sure haha
Jan 24, 2014 9:56 PM

Mar 2013
Even though I like Linda more, I hope that Ghost Banri hasn't come back in control of his body. He was an immature prick for quite some time and Koko x Banri seems to be going pretty great (aka I hate seeing people's hearts getting broken).
Jan 24, 2014 10:02 PM

Apr 2010
Aww poor Beta Banri all of a sudden regretting his actions.

Next episode looks to be interesting.
Jan 24, 2014 10:06 PM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I was so worried about the car scene....
I didn't think people were gonna die... but like... just... and they fell asleep... and my heart was racing.
and wow.
The preview is hype though, Kouko has a look that reminds of

I guess it is because they have the same creator
Jan 24, 2014 11:33 PM
Observer

Nov 2007
Marow said:

Swedish perspective doesn't count :)

At least he was not driving like they do in India.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Jan 24, 2014 11:57 PM

Nov 2012
hehe nice episode.. LOL DAT banri swimsuit! XD LOLOLOLOL!
and that moment when 2D and yana try to close th-- XD
DAT ending! DAMN really suprised with this one... that was close one.. I wonder if true banri is on there now... ahh,,, I was wishing linda join too :3
Jan 25, 2014 12:01 AM
Aug 2013
Main thing is all of them are safe, thanks to ghost Banri
Jan 25, 2014 12:41 AM

Jun 2009
Was legit scared for them when they all slept....
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 25, 2014 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
inb4ghostbanritakesover
Jan 25, 2014 1:25 AM

Jan 2011
This reminded me of driving back as a passenger from a student newspaper conference years ago. It was an 8 hour drive and the two of us in the car were both pretty tired. Things went fine for about 5 hours, and then the next thing we knew was we were going along in a ditch at about 60 miles (100 km) an hour. Fortunately the noise of the stubble and snow under our wheels woke us up before we ran into a crossroad. Scariest moment ever while driving...

As for blaming 2D and Koko, these are first year university students. They probably haven't had a license very long, and they don't have the experience to realize just how dangerous it can be to drive in this state.
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Jan 25, 2014 1:41 AM

Feb 2012
Fuck, that was some crazy shit climax. I swear to god, I'll never fall asleep while driving.
Jan 25, 2014 1:44 AM
Jan 2013
HI50SETH808 said:
Main thing is all of them are safe, thanks to ghost Banri

It was his fault in the first place and he realized that he went too far. But next episode something big is going to happen, I just hope it is not Ghost Banri taking over his body again and messing up everything. And I'm still curious what will happen to him when Yana and Linda are going to date seriously.
Jan 25, 2014 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
Trollbrotherno1 said:
The juxtaposition of the drama and the life or death situation at the end there with the sudden light hearted ED made me lol.

There's this car hurdling to its passengers off a cliff to certain death followed by a jovial piano and stars and rainbows.

For those wondering why Koko is so mad in the next episode

good fun episode. Its good to see Banri and Koko finally getting it together as a couple, although i personally miss manic half crazy koko from the first few episodes. I feel bad for Chinami but im starting to get the overall message of this story. When you find love you better go after it cause it's probably not going to stick around for you to wait. Every character seems to drag their feet on this, except Banri. Maybe that's what "Golden Time" refers to.

It is so painful waiting for episodes of this every week.

Oh god agree with you. And as much as I want to read the spoiler I wont lol
Jan 25, 2014 2:56 AM

Jan 2014
Minagatachi said:
mika_chu said:
koko's tears in the preview looked heartbreaking..

ImTheGuy said:
Did ghost Banri return to his body now? I hope so, things would get so much more interesting.

that's what I think too! no one else thinks so?! hmm... guess we will see.

glad things are starting to pick up again though

Minagatachi said:
I really think this anime went downhill after Koko and Banri started dating. Ever since then the character interactions have seemed... well, awkward?

I think the anime was good up until the new 2014 episodes. the characters became.... out of character. still going with it though

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
Yeah, he was originally a calm and collected kind of character, so now it just feels weird when he acts all goofy or lovey-dovey.

I dont understand that kind of posts.You all compare the Banri you saw last episodes with the Banri in first episodes...Here is the problem,in first episodes he was a person who lost all his memories and started from 0 and he just started to make friends...Also in real life people acts different depending on how close they are with the people around them...
LoneWizzyJan 25, 2014 3:05 AM
Jan 25, 2014 3:31 AM

Apr 2013
Damn, they almost died there :s
Jan 25, 2014 4:05 AM

Dec 2009
wakka9ca said:
Marow said:

Swedish perspective doesn't count :)

At least he was not driving like they do in India.

Nooo ;_;

True, India is supposed to be... rather crazy.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 25, 2014 4:19 AM

Nov 2013
I liked this episode.
Way to turn something negative into something positive and have a good time.
But ghost Banri is really starting to piss me off.
Jan 25, 2014 5:00 AM

Jun 2008
jiraiya_sensei said:
7thVoid said:

I'll put it this way... The ghost Banri we see now is the Banri who died during the accident(in a way). The emotions that he was unable to sort through brought forth this spirit and because he couldn't let go of his emotions, instead of being a devious spirit he becomes one of malice instead. Since poltergeist have also been known to hurt people(albeit rarely) it does at times happen. Also ghost Banri only needed to mess with the traffic lights to cause traffic which is easy since spirits use such as power alongside negative emotions. Thus why it made them meeting up hard to do.

God I think too much.

Hmm traffic lights I can understand but what about the rain? it was clearly meant to deter them from proceeding to the beach. And also the cast meeting late was the culmination of many things: Koko and Banri waiting at the wrong spot, Yana's father going away and he has to go back, Oka waiting on the basement and thus got no signal.. are you telling me that Ghost Banri can control their mind somehow to make them do those stuffs?. Even for a poltergeist I think that's too much power. Peeves from Harry Potter can do simple pranks (and hurt people like you said) but he can't control "external" circumstances that he can't get his hands on to.

As i see it he didn't really do any of those things. He just cursed his current self and he believes the curse is what is causing all those stuff. Whether the curse is actually working or not is another matter but ghost Barni himself couldn't actually personally do those things with his own hands. If he could control everything then he wouldn't think he has responsibility for them sleeping in the car. He does seem to believe his curse is what did those though and that the curse by just doing it's thing it made them sleep and that is why he yells "i didn't want this to happen".
Notice how 2D-kun was asking if someone was curse in their group etc?
That was the author telling you that if ghost Barni managed anything then that is how he did it.
MonadJan 25, 2014 4:40 PM
Jan 25, 2014 5:27 AM
Sep 2013
Love it how their having fun in the rain. Koko and Banri are so cute as couble. 2D-kun in this episode was so nice say aaaah! Mitsuo xDD best scene. This ghost Banri sucks made this bad weather and also congestion. It only happened because of that guy =.= Im glad that he finally realised that it was a mistake. Next episode seems to be very intense.
BanrixKoko
2D-kun/MitsuoxChinami
Jan 25, 2014 5:48 AM

Aug 2012
As always nice episode....
Jan 25, 2014 6:37 AM
Feb 2013
They say that you don't drink and drive, they also say don't drive when sleepy, good thing ghost Banri is around to keep them from meeting the grim reaper.

Koko's bikini is though sexy, looks too dorking by fashion standard, and wtf was Chinami wearing, a black camisole? Dang she ought to wear a high school swimsuit instead.
Jan 25, 2014 7:40 AM
Feb 2012
Bunch of idiots; nearly got themselves killed there.

Otherwise fun episode. Linda is still best girl, though.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 25, 2014 7:44 AM

Nov 2013
"Your outline is visible!"

Did anyone else nearly cry? XD
Jan 25, 2014 7:47 AM

May 2010
Why is 2d-kun slowly becoming '3d-kun'? Isn't he suppose to be in love with 2d and all? Guess, I am reading too much into things. Everything is going awful somehow. Ghost Banri is annoying me now, I understand his feelings but still, the way he is making life difficult for Banri isn't making things go anywhere...

Loved the rain scene, and Koko's swimsuit. Chinami's was also cute. Oka's grin was adorable. Such a cliffhanger! I loved the tension at end. This series might still have hope.
Jan 25, 2014 7:48 AM

May 2012
Felt like the whole episode was foreshadowing something this dark to might happen.
Wonder if that was a realization ghost Banri was having through those memories or if he was returning to his body once again...or both? :P

Jan 25, 2014 7:56 AM

Nov 2010
Im dancing (with speedo) in the rain. la le la la le la la ...
Jan 25, 2014 9:16 AM

Jan 2014
The episode was fun, bar the ending, Holy Shit, Ghost Banri outdid himself there, whether intentionally or not, it was his hatred that caused this. Fortunately nothing bad happened but oh man, this thing is getting darker quick.

Next episode is not gonna help in making things lighter, the Banris may merge once more, and Koko snapping and Nana grabbing Banri, did not look fun at all, oh shit..
Jan 25, 2014 9:24 AM

Sep 2012
dat OP. le sigh, Stark.
Jan 25, 2014 9:29 AM
Jul 2012
oooo intense! I likey!
Jan 25, 2014 10:44 AM
Jan 2014
What I wonder is how is Ghost Banri doing all this supernatural stuff? I really hope they explain this.

As for the hate on Ghost Banri, yes, he is a prick, but the guy acts like a human, just like all of us. We all have that urge of revenge. The good news is that he realizes that he was going too far, and saved the characters at the last second.
Jan 25, 2014 1:13 PM

Jun 2010
I was ready to type RIP....

They should really stop showing Ghost Banri. Ruining the show for me :/
Jan 25, 2014 2:15 PM
Nov 2012
Mills said:
Love how they were having fun in the rain. Glad the rain stopped and they were able to enjoy their trip to the beach though.
That accident could have been much worse. Good thing Banri woke up and stomped on the brakes. Hope everyone is alright.

yea, I love how they are able to do random things and have fun. I can't get enough of Golden time, I hope ghost bandri lightens up but I'm kinda curious if he takes over for a bit, how everyone will react. Might sound bad but I think it could be entertaining drama.
Jan 25, 2014 2:54 PM

Jul 2012
Great episode. I liked how everyone bonded and had fun.
Jan 25, 2014 3:09 PM

Oct 2012
Mekiah said:
That's what I thought throughout the entire series until I got to this episode. A second hidden personality doesn't give you the power to be awake and aware of your surroundings while your body is asleep, and proceed to forcibly wake you up when in a dire situation. Banri fell asleep before Kouko even began to look like she was going to pass out, so the only explanation is that there is literally a Ghost Banri watching the whole thing, and by some magical and unfortunately supernatural force got his body back.

Hmm, but you know, just before that he do said that he should be talking to her and preventing her to fall asleep so I guess we can see it as some sort of guilt he had. And just before you fall asleep there is some period of time when your thoughts are going by, your consciousness is slowly fading away but in this phase some external stimuli are still going through.

Call it bad premonition, sudden realization of situation or be it simple reaction to weird car steering I still think that waking-up in such state is still possible. That personality change during this process is a different thing but it has been proven that sudden shock like this can switch it in similiar situations. And remember - human brain is very complicated organ and some of its parts are still scientifically unexplored. Not to mention its ability to move some of functions to nondamaged areas after injuries like Banri had so who really knows how Banri's mind is working right now.
Jan 25, 2014 3:25 PM

Dec 2013
Favourite episode because of the rain scene :)!
Days need to be longer. 24 hours isn't enough ...
Jan 25, 2014 4:37 PM

Oct 2013
Holy shit. That went from painful (I kept wanting to punch the lights out of Ghost!Banri) to light-hearted to... agonizing.

The ending was just... ouch.

This episode really intensified my love for 2D-kun, though. He's great.
Jan 25, 2014 5:13 PM

Sep 2013
wow. that next episode preview sure looks like a problem
Jan 25, 2014 5:35 PM
Aug 2011
I want an image of Chinami's Okamera close-up. It's hilarious, but I don't know what sort of expression she's going for.

I guess you could say I..... can't read her Oka face.
Pages (7) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.