Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jan 23, 2014 9:12 PM

Aug 2013
Kouko was too cute this ep.

I totally thought they were going to crash and either Banri or Kouko was going to die. But then the tragedy of the anime would be setting in at too early of a point, lol
Jan 23, 2014 9:18 PM

Jul 2013
I really think this anime went downhill after Koko and Banri started dating. Ever since then the character interactions have seemed... well, awkward?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2014 9:24 PM

Jul 2013
Ok, how in the world did Ghost Banri has so much power? he literally influenced so many circumstances that culminated in Banri's bad luck. How could a ghost (or poltergeist like some said) was able to make them meet each other late, created a rain, made them stuck in traffic jam, and then almost got them into an accident????? that literally meant that he could control the thought process of hundreds of people at the same time creating that exact situation.

I can understand if Ghost Banri merely made Banri himself suffer through pranks (like what poltergeist usually do) that only affected him but he's controlling so many outer factors that no normal ghost or spirit should be able to control. Has he become some sort of God?
Jan 23, 2014 9:27 PM

Sep 2013
koko's tears in the preview looked heartbreaking..

ImTheGuy said:
Did ghost Banri return to his body now? I hope so, things would get so much more interesting.

that's what I think too! no one else thinks so?! hmm... guess we will see.

glad things are starting to pick up again though

Minagatachi said:
I really think this anime went downhill after Koko and Banri started dating. Ever since then the character interactions have seemed... well, awkward?

I think the anime was good up until the new 2014 episodes. the characters became.... out of character. still going with it though

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
LunaJan 24, 2014 1:25 AM
Jan 23, 2014 9:37 PM

Jan 2013
Not much in the episode besides the highlight that stood out to me being Chinami-chan in her cute black swimsuit. Sadly wasn't too long. Chinami-chan with that I don't know what to call it demeanor at Mitsuo was interesting. I can't help the entire episode felt a bit off.

That last scene had dread over me watching it unfold though I wonder which Banri woke up to stop the accident from occuring. I am wondering if present Banri is remembering his lost self seeing that image of Linda-senpai with that door imagery, so his old self will be one with his current self. Who knows, probably ghost Banri took over but hoping current and real Banri will become one again and go for Linda-senpai and notch a win with team Linda. Okay maybe not the last one.
Jan 23, 2014 9:41 PM

Oct 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
Ok, how in the world did Ghost Banri has so much power? he literally influenced so many circumstances that culminated in Banri's bad luck. How could a ghost (or poltergeist like some said) was able to make them meet each other late, created a rain, made them stuck in traffic jam, and then almost got them into an accident????? that literally meant that he could control the thought process of hundreds of people at the same time creating that exact situation.

I can understand if Ghost Banri merely made Banri himself suffer through pranks (like what poltergeist usually do) that only affected him but he's controlling so many outer factors that no normal ghost or spirit should be able to control. Has he become some sort of God?

I'll put it this way... The ghost Banri we see now is the Banri who died during the accident(in a way). The emotions that he was unable to sort through brought forth this spirit and because he couldn't let go of his emotions, instead of being a devious spirit he becomes one of malice instead. Since poltergeist have also been known to hurt people(albeit rarely) it does at times happen. Also ghost Banri only needed to mess with the traffic lights to cause traffic which is easy since spirits use such as power alongside negative emotions. Thus why it made them meeting up hard to do.

God I think too much.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 23, 2014 9:52 PM

Jul 2013
7thVoid said:

I'll put it this way... The ghost Banri we see now is the Banri who died during the accident(in a way). The emotions that he was unable to sort through brought forth this spirit and because he couldn't let go of his emotions, instead of being a devious spirit he becomes one of malice instead. Since poltergeist have also been known to hurt people(albeit rarely) it does at times happen. Also ghost Banri only needed to mess with the traffic lights to cause traffic which is easy since spirits use such as power alongside negative emotions. Thus why it made them meeting up hard to do.

God I think too much.

Hmm traffic lights I can understand but what about the rain? it was clearly meant to deter them from proceeding to the beach. And also the cast meeting late was the culmination of many things: Koko and Banri waiting at the wrong spot, Yana's father going away and he has to go back, Oka waiting on the basement and thus got no signal.. are you telling me that Ghost Banri can control their mind somehow to make them do those stuffs?. Even for a poltergeist I think that's too much power. Peeves from Harry Potter can do simple pranks (and hurt people like you said) but he can't control "external" circumstances that he can't get his hands on to.
Jan 23, 2014 9:55 PM

Dec 2013
YOOOOOOOOO. FUCK GHOST BANRI.
Jan 23, 2014 10:02 PM

Oct 2013
jiraiya_sensei said:
7thVoid said:

God I think too much.

Hmm traffic lights I can understand but what about the rain? it was clearly meant to deter them from proceeding to the beach. And also the cast meeting late was the culmination of many things: Koko and Banri waiting at the wrong spot, Yana's father going away and he has to go back, Oka waiting on the basement and thus got no signal.. are you telling me that Ghost Banri can control their mind somehow to make them do those stuffs?. Even for a poltergeist I think that's too much power. Peeves from Harry Potter can do simple pranks (and hurt people like you said) but he can't control "external" circumstances that he can't get his hands on to.

This is true. I'm guessing the director more or less used the rain to set the tone of ghost Banri's rage which is why it's shown to be his doing. You could say fate also played a part in this situation if you believe such a thing. Before you comment; have you ever found yourself trying to do only one simple thing yet everything just seems to go against you doing so? I have. This could've been a multitude of possibilities that simply fell into place, and unluckily just went against them. Then we have ghost Banri moving things along.
7thVoidJan 23, 2014 10:13 PM
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 23, 2014 10:08 PM

Jun 2013
Well, I could see the looming accident coming from a mile away, but I was actually pleasantly surprised with how it was handled. I was expecting something like they crash and Banri bumps his head, causing ghost/asshole Banri to come to the forefront in full force. The way they worked in Ghost Banri as the potential savior from the worst outcome was done well. Ghost Banri is getting what he asked for (karma, ya know?), but his "this isn't what I wanted" spiel shows he isn't as cold as we thought he was, or as even HE thought he was, for that matter. Also, I was actually glad that the previously unknown thing Linda said was "just press on." It felt fitting.

Also, am I wrong to think that Ghost Banri doesn't really have any power? Everything bad that happened seemed coincidental with his intentions, rather than a direct effect. Running late, getting stuck in traffic, and rain are all believable inconveniences, certainly not needing the intervention of a poltergeist to have all happen in one day. I still think he's more of a metaphor for Banri's latent memories.

I'm purely speculating since I haven't read the LN, but please don't spoil! That's really the only thing keeping me onboard with this series right now. After sticking around for the first cour, I want to know how it ends.
-Trippwire-Jan 23, 2014 10:15 PM
Jan 23, 2014 10:16 PM

Oct 2013
Trippwire01 said:
Well, I could see the looming accident coming from a mile away, but I was actually pleasantly surprised with how it was handled. I was expecting something like they crash and Banri bumps his head, causing ghost/asshole Banri to come to the forefront in full force. The way they worked in Ghost Banri as the potential savior from the worst outcome was done well. Ghost Banri is getting what he asked for (karma, ya know?), but his "this isn't what I wanted" spiel shows he isn't as cold as we thought he was, or as even HE thought he was, for that matter. Also, I was actually glad that the previously unknown thing Linda said was "just press on." It felt fitting.

Also, am I wrong to think that Ghost Banri doesn't really have any power? Everything bad that happened seemed coincidental with his intentions, rather than a direct effect. Running late, getting stuck in traffic, and rain are all believable inconveniences, certainly not needing the intervention of a poltergeist to have all happen in one day. I still think he's more of a metaphor for Banri's latent memories.

Not at all. What we're talking is more or less hypothetical. Like if this really is a spirit then how does everything else fall into place. I find it more interesting this way since it makes you use creativity which adds to a show that you may otherwise feel is lacking.

Jan 23, 2014 10:18 PM

May 2010
Oh snaps!!! that cliff hanger.
Jan 23, 2014 10:32 PM

Feb 2012
So reckless of them to be out on the road when they're all sleepy. Seriously!

Now I'm assuming ghost Banri is back in his body next episode?
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jan 23, 2014 10:43 PM

Aug 2013
If that was actually Banri's leg and not the ghost's, damn he can stretch gud
Jan 23, 2014 10:54 PM

Oct 2013
7thVoid said:
HybridMBL said:
Why does Ghost Banri suck so hard?
He's spineless, whiny, and overall an immature prick

It's funny cause ghost Banri might of just saved them all. Who knows where the car would've went otherwise.

Good point!
Jan 23, 2014 11:34 PM
Aug 2013
Ghost banri for the win!
Jan 23, 2014 11:59 PM

Dec 2013
Personally, I think the anime would take a much more interesting turn if Ghost Banri actually returned to his body in the end of this episode where he was running through all the doors to reach the real world. It would change the relationships between him and Kouko and him, and Linda and Mitsuo.
Jan 24, 2014 12:23 AM

Jul 2013
Ghost Banri is really starting to get on my nerves. Really think this week's episode has been the best since the new year. Guessing ghost Banri is back if it was him that saves the them from the car wreck. Preview for next week looks good!
Blindwolf Anime <- My Blog
Jan 24, 2014 12:59 AM

Oct 2011
Oh gosh. That was too dangerous :S I really thought they were done for. Whew.
Jan 24, 2014 1:09 AM

Mar 2013
that holiday almost be disastrous
fortunately there is Ghost-Banri ^^
Jan 24, 2014 2:01 AM
Dec 2013
I Felt like this episode was just drawing things out (had a word for it but forgot it) though then it all made sence when i saw the ending (all that was to let there be an ending to the episode to make the next one good)
Jan 24, 2014 2:02 AM

Nov 2012
Ghost banri, you fail at Final Destination.

Jan 24, 2014 2:21 AM
Dec 2013
Some people seem to refer to Ghost Banri as a separate individual, but he and Banri are really one and the same person. He represents the Banri that lost his memories and his potential life if he had not been in that accident. Thus, the only thing different between them is the current Banri's recovery of his memories, which in all likelihood will eventually occur. Ghost Banri is still Banri too, just another part of him that he hasn't come to terms with yet. One wouldn't have existed without the other. Would be quite interesting to see his internal chaos when they do merge when he recovers his memories, though of course, writers will have the final say in any story. I'm really wondering if Banri had a sudden recovery of memories that woke him up,'since that's what it looked like Ghost Banri was doing opening all those doors.
Jan 24, 2014 2:40 AM

Sep 2011
So I guess I can assume that they'll be safe.

Jan 24, 2014 2:47 AM

Oct 2013
Oh.. I like how this episode ended crazily, lets hope it does not have too much impact on Koko and Banri's relationship.
Jan 24, 2014 3:19 AM

Oct 2012
Ghost Banri everywhere, almost in every post on these forums... Oh, wait, come on.

I mean, he is more like his second hidden personality rather than real ghost. He is just an omen of bad luck but those things aren't happening because of him and there hasn't been any real manifestation of him anywhere in the series. There are days in the life where your luck simply sucks and I take him as clever storytelling personification of such bad luck. Things like that, bad weather, late comings or traffic jam are pretty common in daily life and there is no need to think ghosts are behind it. Sometimes those things chains up into what we call Murphy's law. But sometimes people don't want to accept that this is everyday occurance and tend to blame something else - cause it is easier to think that way, it's easier than admitt that those things are simply happening sometimes.

All in all, Banri is just schizophrenic that has created his second self after his motorcycle accident and sometimes his second self emerges, that's pretty normal. But showing his "ghost" throughout the series - just think of it as director's way to show his viewers what's happening in Banri's mind.
Jan 24, 2014 3:23 AM
Dec 2013
What if Ghost Banri was the one that woke up from the accident, not New Banri?
Jan 24, 2014 4:33 AM

Dec 2012
Chinami being cold with Mitsuo was brilliant. You girl are my favorite.
Jan 24, 2014 4:33 AM
Oct 2010
ScazoN said:

I like that theory, hope it happens to stir everything up!

When the crash was imminent I was pretty stoked since the OP would link with what looks like Banri presently enduring a new wave of amnesia (or finally being mentally collected), with potentially both parts of his lives trying to resolve in the new Banri.

I'm keen for this next episode at the very least to find out if anything like this actually happens. It'd be great if it does.
westeastJan 24, 2014 4:38 AM
Jan 24, 2014 4:42 AM

Aug 2012
Oka-chan was kawaii with those twin tails.

I love the beach scene.. one of the most refreshing I've watched yet, I think.

And please, don't sleep when driving. When riding a motor bike, I really don't fall asleep even when I'm sleepy, perhaps it's really different when driving a car.

Anyway, what happened to Koko in the preview? 0__0
Jan 24, 2014 4:53 AM

Sep 2008
I don't understand why Oka treat Yana like this? -.-
She "rejected" him and she don't show any romantic interest with him,
and now she is pissed because of Linda?
Really... -.-

Hope Linda/Yana because a thing at the end!
Sorry G!Banri...
but as much I like your trolling,
Banri is such lame, that I just can't... -.-
When he started dating Koko, he started act like her....
Jan 24, 2014 5:09 AM

Dec 2013
Finding it hilarious that almost 90% of the thread are hating on a "ghost" Banri. If it were an actual curse, then the sun wouldn't have let up, they wouldn't have gotten to go grab ramen or shaved ice. Seriously, if all the bad stuff were actually the curse of a "ghost", then shouldn't nothing have gone right at all?

The "ghost" can take the claim of cursing them and all that, but in the end it was all down to natural causes.

Oka treating Yana like that was a treat. She was kind of a boring character in the beginning, being the ditzy girl who was everyone's friend. This episode showed she actually had a character, and feelings besides "happy-go-lucky".

LittleStar said:

Have to agree with you there. Banri and Koko's love is way too weird to be real. It make me feel like they're just two crazies acting crazy and clingy in front of everyone for the world to see. Crazy PDA does not happen in real life, only in anime I guess.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jan 24, 2014 5:11 AM

Aug 2013
they need a major plot twist soon, hopefully either yana walking with linda was some kind of foreshadowing.2D-kun is gonna be pissed about his car
"he that chooses his own path needs no map" - queen kristina of Sweden
Jan 24, 2014 5:18 AM
Jan 2014
the episode title had me cringing throughout the episode, cliff hanging end and that preview for the next episode hope everything with koko and banri turn out okay, fingers crossed. cant wait to see what the next episode has install ahaha
Jan 24, 2014 6:23 AM

Jun 2012

Banri isn't a literal ghost or a separate personality.

He's more just like Banri's subconscious thoughts. Deep down, he is conflicted between Linda and Koko. Subconsciously, he felt guilty going to the beach without Linda, so he wanted something bad to happen, but when it looked like their lives were in danger, he had a "be careful what you wish for" moment.

Making it appear as a ghost is just an easier representation for the audience.
Shoot first, think never.
Jan 24, 2014 8:23 AM

Nov 2010
Swimming in the rain, just swimming in the rain...
It was nice to see how they turned the mood after such a drag of a start with their beach trip

That end puh, was that really needed?
Jan 24, 2014 9:41 AM

Jul 2013
OMGosh, my heart was beating so fast. I'm sooo glad Banri woke up! The preview of the next episode gave me hope, since it looks like everyone's safe and sound. PHEW!

LittleStar said:
I don't understand why Oka treat Yana like this? -.-
She "rejected" him and she don't show any romantic interest with him,
and now she is pissed because of Linda?
Really... -.-
I thought the same thing. "Get over it already!" That bitchy attitude of hers wasn't called for.

LittleStar said:
Hope Linda/Yana because a thing at the end!
Sorry G!Banri...
but as much I like your trolling,

I was cheering for Linda and Banri, but now I think Linda and Yano would make a cute item. Totally unexpected... Plus I'm tired of Ghost Banri already. I guess I'm rooting for a love triangle. :P
Demi Valentine

Follow me on social media!

Facebook | Instagram | Twitter
Jan 24, 2014 9:48 AM

Sep 2008
I love G!Banri trolling!
and I will never have enought of him! xD
But I hope he will don't mess with Linda/Yana,
I want him to mess with Banri/Koko, because of L/Y
But after last episode I don't think G!B will trolling again... -.-

I also supported Linda/Banri, but shipping them is hard when Banri started act like this... -.-
Also I started like Linda/Yana :D
Hope they are real couple! *.*
also I want some pissed Banri because of L/Y! xD
Jan 24, 2014 10:15 AM
Dec 2013
Also have to add that when amnesiacs recover through spontaneous recovery, it appears their original memories come back extremely strong. When my friend suddenly regained his memories, he couldn't stop talking to us about our past experiences. The most striking change was that the group of us used to play a lot of MTG after class during middle school, but then switched to playing more basketball and video games during high school, and while he did those things with us, he suddenly wanted to play MTG, and a lot of it at that, though he still did the other activities with us but he seemed somewhat less interested in them. Peculiarly, when we asked him about his sudden change of heart, he just said the memories of middle school suddenly seemed fresher and more vibrant than his recent high school memories.
Jan 24, 2014 10:31 AM
Jan 2013
Oh geeezzzz, man, if it weren't for that ghost Banri, who knows what could have happen.
Jan 24, 2014 11:34 AM

Oct 2013
I find it funny that those saying Banri's second half is not a real ghost. Obviously most people know that. As I mentioned before, this was more so hypothetical (If it is a ghost) how would he be able commit such deeds. One cannot watch a show in one perspective and expect them to like it's Entirety, which is why I like to think of this as ghost Banri. It should be obvious the writers have personified Banri's lost self as a curse.
7thVoidJan 24, 2014 1:43 PM

Jan 24, 2014 1:24 PM
Mar 2013
Holy shit that was intense in the end. For me one of the best episode as of now. Did Banri regain his memories? What happened in the next episode preview? Koko looked really angry, did Banri break up with her? I really hope not.
Jan 24, 2014 1:26 PM

Jul 2013
From the looks of it, Ghost Banri has taken control.
or banri may have amnesia again. Poor Kouko.
Jan 24, 2014 1:26 PM
Mar 2013
ScazoN said:

I think that Ghost Banri did wake because in the previews Koko looked really pissed and Banri was in the room with her. My theory is that Ghost woke up, went to Koko and broke up with her and that's why she is pissed. As from the beginning i still hate Ghost Banri.
Jan 24, 2014 1:29 PM

Apr 2013
That was interesting :D I WANT MOAR
Jan 24, 2014 1:48 PM

Sep 2008
Some theories are just so funny...

Episode 15 - Banri tells Koko that he love her, and only her.
Episode 16 - Banri break up with Koko... really?!
What kind of idea is this?

Episode 15 - G!Banri screaming for help, because Banri and rest can die...
Episode 16 - G!Banri takes Banri body and break up with her.
Really?!

I don't know what's gonna happen with Koko in next episode,
but if he really with break up with her,
then both G!Banri/Banri are just a**h***s
Jan 24, 2014 1:53 PM

Oct 2013
There are many possibilities for the next episode. I believe though since Koko can be over the top with things that she'll feel like the accident was her fault and because Banri was the one who saved everyone she can no longer face him. It appears everyone made it out alright if you take into consideration the next episode preview, so this is really the only problem I see. Unless Linda goes to see everyone to make sure either Banri or Mitsuo is alright. That will then stir up some emotional troubles for our little Chinami also.

Jan 24, 2014 1:56 PM

Jul 2013
mika_chu said:
koko's tears in the preview looked heartbreaking..

ImTheGuy said:
Did ghost Banri return to his body now? I hope so, things would get so much more interesting.

that's what I think too! no one else thinks so?! hmm... guess we will see.

glad things are starting to pick up again though

Minagatachi said:

I think the anime was good up until the new 2014 episodes. the characters became.... out of character. still going with it though

Mod Edit: Merged posts. Please do not double post.
Yeah, he was originally a calm and collected kind of character, so now it just feels weird when he acts all goofy or lovey-dovey.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 24, 2014 2:20 PM

Nov 2013
Looks like Ghost Banri is back o.o At least it was because he didn't want everyone to die/be injured.

So thickens the plot. I hope he and Linda just settle things as friends (I'm assuming they will considering this anime is obviously about Koko XD)
Jan 24, 2014 2:22 PM

Dec 2009
I'm just shaking my head over this episode.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Pages (7) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.