Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jan 21, 2014 12:19 AM

Mar 2013
good episode.. Kagari sugoii, she is very cool with her green flame. Harry Hopper?Parry Hotter? LOL
Jan 21, 2014 12:56 AM

Jul 2013
This is the only series whose ending song I keep watching every week ^_^

ZodiacBeast said:
Aversa said:
That bag of air who is also known as the main of this anime just keeps getting more annoying, first he lets himself get beaten up and know he is trying to save someone from getting beaten up.
First try to take care of yourself before helping someone else.

So he cared enough to help somebody else? I don't get it, people will argue that Hiyori from Noragami is a saint for pushing somebody out of the way of an incoming car but will call Takamiya a spineless loser even though he does things like save the little girl in the mall from getting killed (by whatever it was, I forgot) and decides to learn magic so he won't be helpless.

Haters will be haters. If everyone in this world follow Aversa's logic then this world would be a hell hole..

On to the episode, there's really not much happening here except to reaffirm that Kagari is way OP lol.. I love this series for making a mockery of the traditional damsel-in-distress cliche. For once the "damsel" is a boy and I kept laughing how he acted like a typical damsel although in a more manly way. Him sleeping on Kagari's shoulder just nailed it lol...
Jan 21, 2014 1:37 AM

May 2012
06:29 I knew something's wrong with the bus

11:36 Chousaiyajin!!

13:01 someday he'll eat it to save her, i think

Kuraishi Tanpopo is awesome
7/10
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 21, 2014 5:35 AM

Sep 2013
Really enjoying this series so far, can overlook that CGI for the moment.

Kagari taking pictures made me laugh, and the gender-role swap is interesting, Takamiya falling asleep on Kagari's shoulder.
Jan 21, 2014 5:41 AM

May 2013
That girl in the bus Reminds me of Nonon from Kill la kill and I like her

Kagari san is way overpower she Man handled the strongest enemy witch i guest?

Kagari is still to big! she's like 1 1/2 the size of the main male character
Jan 21, 2014 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
Normally I would love kuuderes, but not Kagari. This running gag is getting annoying.

The tower witches have my full attention.
Jan 21, 2014 5:19 PM

Oct 2011
No wonder she's invincible. Imouto is a witch too : 0.

I wonder what that pill does???
Jan 21, 2014 5:29 PM

Jul 2010
Awesome episode, even better than previous ones =) also WICCHI WICCHi ACUTIBITY~ KIRAKIRA~ KYUNKYUN~
In general i want more xd
Jan 21, 2014 6:30 PM
Apr 2012
Pretty cool episode. Liked the broom flying. Wasn't SnK animation, but good nonetheless.
Jan 21, 2014 6:42 PM

Apr 2008
Aww...both of them wearing their little robes was too cute and Kagari with the camera.
Jan 21, 2014 7:23 PM

Jun 2010
nvmd nice
SquattingTurtleJan 21, 2014 7:34 PM
Jan 22, 2014 10:16 AM

Jul 2010
That reverse-shoujotic situations were funny.
Watching Takamiya and Kagari makes me want to ship them . Finally, I've seen a normal princess carry and that was such a cute one :)
Jan 22, 2014 1:36 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
That ED is too sticky, I'm like "Witchy, witchy" for days after watching this series.

From anime one would get the impression that japanese teenagers don't take lightly to people who get close to the "beautiful people". Talk about hate mail directed against him.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Jan 22, 2014 1:41 PM

Oct 2013
Liked it overall aside from that witch with no pupils. It just annoys me for some reason. At least the plots moving forward to some extent.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Jan 22, 2014 1:48 PM

Mar 2012
I wonder if the MC will become a badass once he learns more about magic, sounds like he has a lot of potential inside him. Also Kagari has just become even more OP with the form she keeps secret xD
Jan 22, 2014 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
That was a really good episode
Jan 22, 2014 2:35 PM
Aug 2011
I do like a woman that can carry a male in her arms like the little bitch he is.
Jan 22, 2014 8:12 PM

Jun 2012
Quite good episode.

Well, that's what I call "learning in extreme condition", getting off the broom and asking how to fly... while falling to his death haha.
Jan 23, 2014 12:39 AM

Dec 2013
So, doing normal school work and playing tennis is training to become a witch? Magic must not be as great as we're being led to believe. But, that aside, this is still my 3rd pick for the season. It was an OK episode, loved the green flames and transformation on the bus. Kagari is such a beast, and Takamiya is such a bitch.

I think the best part of this series is that ED though, it's the only anime I actually watch all the way through the ED. It's catchy and quite hilarious.

The "Bad Witches" are multiplying like cockroaches, there are just too many to keep up with now; and they never last more than one hit from our awesome OP female lead.

Taking into consideration that his little sister has been stalking them, see previous episode, and that the previews for next week reveal her to be a witch. Also, during the bus scene, Chronoire was dropping some hint's about Takamiya and Kagari having some kind of history that he doesn't remember. So, I'm only making guesses here using the cliches and formulas these types of anime seem to follow, but: Takamiya was some kind of great super-bad ass, like a prodigy or something. And, Kagari served under him before he "lost" his powers and memories. Or, something happened to her and he sacrificed his power and memory to save her and that is why she "contracted" to protect him with her life. Either way, he was powerful and for some reason lost that power or gave it up, and when he did he lost his memory of ever having that power or being part of that world.

I may be overthinking it and confusing myself, but it's probably something along those lines. The training won't be enough, Kagari will get in trouble because of him, and he'll have to eat the candy. The candy will give him his power back, and his memory most likely, and then he'll save Kagari for once and super show off what kind of bad ass he really is. Although, as I said that is using the normal cliches/formulas for my predictions, so I'm hoping I'll be wrong and it'll super be something cool.
Odds are I'm not going to find my way back to a thread after my first post, it happens on occasion but not often. So, if I say something that offends you and you feel the need to force your opinion on me because obviously everyone should have your opinion or none at all, feel free to post it in the thread that I'll probably never see again. However, if you are interested in intelligent discourse, feel free to message me.
Jan 23, 2014 2:47 AM

Aug 2012
Green flame? Takamiya-kun must have lots of copper inside him then. Anyway, an almost good episode overall.

I can't still memorize the ED though XD
Jan 23, 2014 5:09 AM

Jan 2013
Loool that ED is funny every single time xD.
And form the preview it seems the sister is revealed :D.

Hmm at least he advances in witch-craft :D.
Jan 23, 2014 9:45 AM

Sep 2008
So anyone can b a witch as long as they learn?
Tynker said:
Quite good episode.

Well, that's what I call "learning in extreme condition", getting off the broom and asking how to fly... while falling to his death haha.

That's what I call pulling an Emiya Shirou
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jan 23, 2014 2:57 PM

Feb 2011
J.C Staff is doing a pretty god work on this. I'll definitely read the manga after the anime ends.
Jan 23, 2014 3:07 PM

Nov 2008
the Chronorie scene was well done and the anime continues to follow the material of the manga well - I wonder if his 'white stuff' will make her appearence in 5 or 6

antipurefaith said:
good ep still don't know the story yet n a new Character new week this type of anime always needs a lttle sis

well shes already made her cameo ~

sirwenceJan 23, 2014 3:14 PM
Jan 23, 2014 6:32 PM

Nov 2012
Princess is badass
https://24.media.tumblr.com/c91168d428659852746dec5da1da4302/tumblr_mzuw85O0n51s43s6eo1_500.gif

Lol'd @ her taking a picture of him in the robes.
http://imgur.com/PgO7K1D

Dat embrace O///O
http://imgur.com/Epa5DVM

Cute moment<3
https://31.media.tumblr.com/e1a681429c508843bacdc90564877bc0/tumblr_mzonuxFOJZ1qcsnnso1_500.gif

Really loving this show,it's one of the few that I'm watching that I actually look forward to each week.
Jan 23, 2014 10:10 PM

Dec 2011
It was a good episode and had some cute moments between Akari and Takamiya. I really like their chimestry and i love when she always save his ass from the danger.

I'm truly enjoying this show so far. I really love the humor, it's very funny, especially the group of tower bitches witches headed by the girl with neko ears that always make me laugh. xD

The ED is pretty damn catchy
BunnerzJan 23, 2014 10:14 PM
Jan 23, 2014 11:32 PM

Oct 2013
Maybe I should start thinking Takamiya as heroine and Kagari as the hero, probably would make me less hate him.

Can't get enough of that ED!
Jan 24, 2014 12:25 AM

Oct 2013
This episode was interesting, I like the training part and it was not boring to watch. Nice transformation by Kagari and those magic tattoos. XD I hope the rest of the episodes continue to be interesting as much as this was.
Jan 24, 2014 10:12 AM

Apr 2013
if only takamiya was more of a ordinary guy instead of that super wimp. it really bothers me how in anime there are just two extremes. the main character who is a god at everything for no reason or the guy that cannot do the most basic things.

you do not need to regularly play tennis to atleast know some basic stuff and hit a ball once.

again awesome episode though. still biggest surprise of the season for me really liking it.
Jan 24, 2014 11:00 PM

Aug 2008
Am I the only here who noticed that Chronoire Schwarz VI kinda looks like Nonon from KLK?
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Jan 24, 2014 11:53 PM

Nov 2012
hehe.. love the OP now.. until now I'm still imagine the song.. gahh hope the full version out fast! XD
and.. hehe.. not bad episode.. so another tower wizard appear? I wonder how strong is she.. gah..
the MC now started to learn magic.. yeah it getting more interesting :3
Jan 25, 2014 10:39 AM

May 2013
OTAKUADDICT said:
Am I the only here who noticed that Chronoire Schwarz VI kinda looks like Nonon from KLK?

If anything, it is the other way around since WCW precedes KLK.
Jan 25, 2014 3:03 PM

Aug 2013
I really liked how the scene on the bus was animated but I wish Ayaka's fire form was red or orange instead of green.
Jan 25, 2014 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
Oh god I hate the mc so much.. Getting harder to watch unless he could man-up soon.
Jan 25, 2014 10:30 PM

Oct 2010
If Takamiya loses his fiery sense of justice and grew some balls (maybe lose the inner retard while he's at it), this anime would improve exponentially.

-> Doesn't want Kagari to get hurt for him

-> Continues to brainlessly dive into dangerous situations, putting both him and Kagari at unforeseen risk.

Please. Please tell me more about how you're making any sense, Takamiya.

From a well-known eroge: "Courage and Recklessness are not the same thing".
Jan 26, 2014 1:03 AM

Jul 2012
So much role reversal going on between Kagari and Takamiya. And I'm lovin' it xD

Too bad Takamiya falls into the useless-altruistic-mc category. It's bearable but I hope he improves.
Jan 26, 2014 7:33 AM

Oct 2009
Each episode is better than the last :D
I loved the flying sequence despite the CGI :>
Jan 27, 2014 1:54 PM

Jan 2011
That CGI was stupid, eye nauw like!
Pretty decent-ish episode, but the preview man... little sisters... oh noes!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Jan 27, 2014 8:34 PM

Nov 2012
Yup, dumbass mc is dumbass. I've gotten used it to it though, so I don't think it bothers me anymore.
Jan 28, 2014 10:35 PM

May 2012
Not baaad.

Much better than the first two episodes.
Jan 29, 2014 6:55 PM

Aug 2013
lol the chibi animation part xD that was so cute.
Feb 5, 2014 12:55 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Beautiful, a history of serious witchcraft, but also a lot of fun. Nice plot, you will discover little by little chores that need, good! ^ _ ^
Narration sliding, very interesting viewing.
Optimal design and animation bad. The CG perhaps a little too obvious, but you can forgive, given the very good work done by JC Staff!
I can not wait to see the next episode! * _ *

I like the ending too! XD
Feb 5, 2014 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
WHUUUT. kagari laying on the grown, intresting
Feb 17, 2014 9:48 PM

Aug 2013
Kagari is way too OP :O
My Candies:
Feb 27, 2014 12:40 PM

Jul 2013
I'm surprised they're still keeping us in the blue here. Usually animes would usually tell you by now why Takamiya is so special.

I love the characters in this anime. The random big headed servent and the crocodile bodyguard. The fishes just swimming in the air sorta the reminds me of the subtle random backgrounds of the witche's labyrinths in Madoka Magica.
Mar 1, 2014 6:30 PM

Aug 2013
The flying scenes were pretty neat.

I still don't really understand the white stuff thing, but it seem important enough.

Now Takamiya can do a bit more than cruling in Kagari arms :P
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Mar 2, 2014 3:56 AM

Apr 2009
Honoka received RARE CANDY.
Honoka put the RARE CANDY in the drawer.

Chronoire finally explains to Honoka the secrets to Ayaka's overwhelming power. He also receives a "present" from her... the rest is about his apprentice training which wasn't bad considering how I usually dislike those types of episodes. Haven't noticed any major deviations from the manga yet.

Visually striking episode. Especially during Chronoire's scene. Lots of... psychedelic visuals. Awesome transformation scene for Ayaka.

I have to praise the choice of voices for the mains, too. I'm already on Ep. 3 and I couldn't find any bones to pick regarding how the VAs sound compared to how I thought the characters would sound when I was just reading the manga. Good choices.

Damn, that preview is one huge spoiler though...
Mar 5, 2014 12:05 AM

Jan 2008
Kagari's Transformation was the best part of this anime so far but this series is really getting good though I want more information about why they are after his *cough* * cough* White Cream *cough* *cough*

hahaha but there is a good amount of Comedy and Action and Magic in this series to really stay interesting in my opinion
Apr 24, 2014 12:35 PM

May 2012
This show is getting pretty good! Some nice development and action. The CGI is a bit on the bad side but well I can deal with it... Let's see what's next!
Jun 20, 2014 8:35 AM
May 2012
Ho, so that is how it is.
Kagari looked so hot and awesome with that green flames *o*
Poor CGI, but I don't mind. The OSTs were pretty good~
What is up with his imouto??
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.