Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 17, 2014 2:14 AM
Jul 2013
Space☆Dandy has significant hype surrounding it, as it is directed by Shinichirō Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo).

As of the early episodes, what are your impressions on it? Despite the massive expectations and exploding viewership ratings on television, people seem to currently have mixed opinions on its premiere.
00002019Jan 17, 2014 2:20 AM
Jan 19, 2014 10:16 AM

Jan 2012
I think it's really great so far. Nice animation, it's hilarious, and there's never a dull moment with Dandy and his crew. It'd be nice if it took a serious turn shortly though. :)
Jan 19, 2014 10:18 AM

Feb 2013
Nothing special, the jokes are getting old really fast, I don't even remember a single significant moment until now.
Jan 19, 2014 10:19 AM

Aug 2013
One of the best things the anime industry has accomplished lately
Jan 19, 2014 10:22 AM

Sep 2011
Funnier than most series, and I like the way it does things.
Jan 19, 2014 12:38 PM

Mar 2008
berry good
Jan 19, 2014 2:08 PM

Sep 2011
creative and always entertaining, its the only show thats really exciting me every week for 2014 so far

also great dub and sub

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 19, 2014 2:12 PM

Aug 2013
Best thing since Samurai Champloo. It's like Redline with no racing but with more comedy.
Jan 19, 2014 2:13 PM

Sep 2007
I'd watch it for the animation alone. I'm really impressed. So far, each week has been getting better.

Jan 19, 2014 2:14 PM

Sep 2011
MkMiku said:
I'd watch it for the animation alone. I'm really impressed. So far, each week has been getting better.
and judging by the preview for ep 2 the next episode is going to be the best yet

zombie apocalypse in space just hell yes

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 19, 2014 2:47 PM

Dec 2011
The weakest full-length anime of the current season, aside from Youkai Watch which is a kiddie anime and thus let off. Not the worst experience to watch (thanks to ImoCho and Nobunaga the Fool, the former of which is outright unbearable and the latter of which is like a trainwreck without the benefit of having functioning trains in the first place), but the weakest.

Humour is abysmally weak; Dandy's character bored me after 5 minutes - and none of the rest ever entertained me to begin with; events are very much forgettable. And the setting and story are both bland from what I watched before dropping it.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Jan 19, 2014 3:18 PM

May 2013
Fun
Jan 19, 2014 3:19 PM

Aug 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:
The weakest full-length anime of the current season, aside from Youkai Watch which is a kiddie anime and thus let off. Not the worst experience to watch (thanks to ImoCho and Nobunaga the Fool, the former of which is outright unbearable and the latter of which is like a trainwreck without the benefit of having functioning trains in the first place), but the weakest.

Humour is abysmally weak; Dandy's character bored me after 5 minutes - and none of the rest ever entertained me to begin with; events are very much forgettable. And the setting and story are both bland from what I watched before dropping it.
The setting isn't bland, you probably just don't like sci - fi space settings.
Jan 19, 2014 3:40 PM

Jul 2012
I'm enjoying it so far. The characters are enjoyable and the animation is really good looking. Nothing about it has been particularly note-worthy though.
Jan 19, 2014 3:49 PM

Jan 2009
the jokes are not funny, im just watching it for the cool animation
Jan 19, 2014 4:26 PM
Oct 2010
A lot of the jokes are eh, but some are decent. I am just watching for the random adventures.
Jan 19, 2014 4:34 PM

Jun 2007
I think it's terrible in just about every way possible, I've already dropped it.
Jan 20, 2014 4:25 PM

Apr 2009
having just watched the first two episodes, I think the main problem is that the show just isn't very funny...it's just a bunch of randomness. Dandy himself is also just a really lame character
TiamatNMJan 20, 2014 4:54 PM
Jan 20, 2014 7:41 PM

Sep 2011
TiamatNM said:
Dandy himself is also just a really lame character
thats kind of the point, thats like saying kira isnt heroic

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 20, 2014 7:42 PM
Mar 2011
based on 1 episode iv watched its unfunny for an anime that is comady to be unfunny is a very bad thing
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jan 20, 2014 7:50 PM

Mar 2008
If Gintama had a child with Bebop...it'd closely resemble Space Dandy, I think.

Love it so far.
Jan 20, 2014 7:51 PM

Sep 2011
staindwing said:
If Gintama had a child with Bebop...it'd closely resemble Space Dandy, I think.

Love it so far.
more bebop than anything but yeah thats basically what it is

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 21, 2014 4:00 AM

Apr 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:

I agree with you 100%. Looks like Watanabe went for a wacky approach, and it's failed spectacularly in my opinion. Looks beautiful, and I'm definitely gonna watch it all the way through, but I may be rather sad while doing so. As a Gintama fan-boy it makes me a little sad to see people saying it's like Bebop mixed with Gintama, I find the comedy to be very meh, whereas Gintama makes me spew rainbows of happiness and joy.
DokidokiSoldierJan 21, 2014 4:04 AM
Jan 22, 2014 8:45 AM

May 2009
Unfunny eye-candy comedy covered up by absurdly high budget and production values. Reminds me of Final Fantasy XIII.

I gave it the three-watch rule before I dropped it, but I dunno. It's just not for me I guess.
Strawhat_PirateJan 22, 2014 8:51 AM
Jan 22, 2014 10:19 AM

Feb 2009
The show this series reminds me the most is Outlaw Star.
Jan 22, 2014 10:27 AM

Nov 2010
It's so-so funny so far, but it's quite fun. The characters and the setting are the most interesting parts.
Jan 22, 2014 11:48 AM
Mar 2011
Every couple of seasons there appears a show completely unique in itself: an original combination of story concept, art, music, presentation, characters, theme, etc. In short-a good show that will stand upon the masses of annual recycled 'Bleh' anime studios pump out again and again. Space☆Dandy is probably one of those.
I love it!
Jan 22, 2014 12:02 PM
Mar 2011
i cannot undersatnd how one can find this funny
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jan 22, 2014 12:21 PM

Mar 2013
I love it. It's different and stupid, a perfect break from the typical series.
Jan 22, 2014 8:49 PM
Jun 2008
the animation is amazing
the op and ed song are awesome
the character dandy is so ridiculous and funny

I can see why people dont like it and thats because there is nothing resembling a serious plot at all so far its absolutely pointless and thats ok with me. Its the opposite of serious actually I expect that to continue as the point of the anime is to be absurd.

Im not surprised a lot of people dont like it though because to be blunt most anime fans have shit taste... look at this websites top 100 rated anime and you need not look further for proof.

So when something outrageous absurd and original comes out without the usual lets fight to see whos the strongest written for 13 year olds plot its going to get the hate.

For those people go watch code geass and go be impressed by death note with your inferior intellects.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jan 22, 2014 8:55 PM
Mar 2011
catullus said:
the animation is amazing
the op and ed song are awesome
the character dandy is so ridiculous and funny

I can see why people dont like it and thats because there is nothing resembling a serious plot at all so far its absolutely pointless and thats ok with me. Its the opposite of serious actually I expect that to continue as the point of the anime is to be absurd.

Im not surprised a lot of people dont like it though because to be blunt most anime fans have shit taste... look at this websites top 100 rated anime and you need not look further for proof.

So when something outrageous absurd and original comes out without the usual lets fight to see whos the strongest written for 13 year olds plot its going to get the hate.

For those people go watch code geass and go be impressed by death note with your inferior intellects.

im sorry funny how

Jan 22, 2014 9:11 PM
Jun 2008
the last episode alone or the show in general?

ill just do the last episode alone since you clearly dont have a sense of humor and are obviously trolling.
I know I dont go on pages for anime I dont like and ask the fans to tell me why its good unless im trolling.

Lets see tho... the cat playing with the hologram... the shooting scene was hilarious where the animation is him doing all these cool shooting poses and missing absolutely everything... the cute anime girl turning into a huge boobie monster... the escape shuttle transforming into a hawaiian shirt wearing mecha... the dialog where hes like I wont abandon you meow while running away and escaping until the robot reminds him that meow had the boobies point card and the dialog at that point was hilarious.

I dont know take your pick... you obviously are trolling or your sense of humor just sucks...

the characters are awesome... dandy is all style and no substance he tries so hard to be cool and has all these cool moves that accomplish nothing... hes absolutely ridiculous... the little robot is so troll and is hilarious. Meow is awesome too.

I really dont see how any anime fan worth talking to would not like this show so consider this goodbye.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jan 22, 2014 9:15 PM

Jun 2013
funy

Jan 23, 2014 3:33 AM

Jun 2013
It's awesome, well done, and the animation is great.

It's also funny as hell. Especially with the english dub.
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Jan 23, 2014 3:57 AM

May 2012
I only liked the 3rd episode. The first two episodes felt boring and unfunny.

Anyway, it is early to judge anime from 3 episodes. But so far it is not that good.
Jan 23, 2014 2:19 PM
Oct 2013
I think it's a great show to crack open a beer and watch. I personally think it's funny and clever at times, being ecchi satire with slightly more to it than you'd expect (somebody posted the alphabet used on the show, and some of the signs say very funny things, nothing that adds to the plot, just extra jokes and satire). I don't think it's trying too hard to be anything that it isn't.
Jan 24, 2014 11:23 PM

Jul 2012
I don't think I've really laughed out loud while watching this show so far, but the show is interesting enough and somewhat out there that it keeps interest. As I said earlier though, still nothing that has been particularly noteworthy.
Jan 24, 2014 11:28 PM

Sep 2009
Absolutely consistent nonsense. I love it.

Not sure how far they'll explore the multidimensional theme we'll just have to wait and see.
Jan 25, 2014 11:14 AM

Feb 2008
It doesn't take itself seriously and that's what I love about it. It's fantastic so far.
People are strange, when you're a stranger
Feb 8, 2014 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
When I first saw this anime in the line up I wasn't quite sure to make of it from the summary. But I admit now seeing the 5 eps that are out. I don't regret watching this.
"Lelouch, do you know why snow is white? Snow is white, because it's forgotten what color it's supposed to be."
Feb 20, 2014 7:49 AM

Sep 2013
Every other anime that doesn't have plot and a story and is just fun gets treated as shit and suddenly this is a masterpiece just because it's directed by Shinichirō Watanabe, double standards and hypocrites everywhere, it's disgusting really.
Feb 20, 2014 10:24 AM

Sep 2011
ichii_1 said:
Every other anime that doesn't have plot and a story and is just fun gets treated as shit and suddenly this is a masterpiece just because it's directed by Shinichirō Watanabe, double standards and hypocrites everywhere, it's disgusting really.
sure

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Feb 20, 2014 12:49 PM

Feb 2013
ichii_1 said:

lol
Feb 20, 2014 1:03 PM

Sep 2012
Its pretty much average so far.Animation is very good and sound section is fine but episodic stories are quite inconsistent in the term of quality.Just because its by a established director doesn't make it a masterpiece and vice versa.
Feb 20, 2014 2:46 PM

May 2012
After watching 6 episodes, I would say this anime is average if not below average. I almost never laughed while watching it. Compare this to something like tom and jerry for example. Even the worst episode in tom and jerry is 10x better.
Feb 22, 2014 1:02 AM
Mar 2009
Lots of divided opinions about this one. Maybe since it airs on American TV during Adult Swim that is causing some people to expect a certain kind of anime. Also the American opening is a pretty bad attempt to position this as a child of Bebop, the Japanese opening is much better as setting up the carefree & new spirit of the show.

I'm definitely one of those that loves the unique style & humor of this show. It doesn't take itself too seriously and that is a fantastic quality. I laugh out loud more at Space Dandy than any other recent anime. The combination of camaraderie & tomfoolery between Dandy and Meow is hilarious.
Feb 22, 2014 8:34 AM

Sep 2013
JizzyHitler said:
ichii_1 said:
sure
gedata said:
ichii_1[/quote said:

lol

As long as you understand :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ArtimesGamer - Jan 18, 2014

185 by RawrOMG »»
Yesterday, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
Apr 25, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.