Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jan 15, 2014 8:23 PM
Apr 2011
ok this was a lot better than the first. possibly at least somewhat because i switched to sub instead of dub. old guy's story was touching, if cliched.
Jan 15, 2014 11:29 PM
Jan 2013
Hakuromatsu said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
tomtomr92 said:
Man when Scarlet was beating up those things HOLYCRAP the quality went down so much >.< hope they fix that
Wait what episode did you watch?

There was one shot with some off-model animation. I mean...literally one shot. I don't know why tomtomr is complaining.
the scene in which she starts punching those things, like go back and look at her face at all times from when she she starts attacking those guys till the end, it looks WEIRD and really bad quality.
Jan 15, 2014 11:31 PM

Sep 2011
tomtomr92 said:
Hakuromatsu said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
tomtomr92 said:
Man when Scarlet was beating up those things HOLYCRAP the quality went down so much >.< hope they fix that
Wait what episode did you watch?

There was one shot with some off-model animation. I mean...literally one shot. I don't know why tomtomr is complaining.
the scene in which she starts punching those things, like go back and look at her face at all times from when she she starts attacking those guys till the end, it looks WEIRD and really bad quality.

it was a figure of spea.....oh forget it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 16, 2014 6:51 AM

Jun 2011
The first half was okay, saved by Scarlet, that's one hot lady, totally my style. The second half was just so entertaining and I really love it. Ramen, I want to eat some!

They never really give us an explanation for the previous episode explosion and how they survived it, huh.. Well I guess this is that type of show.

NotJizzyHitler said:

AnimeOverlord said:
That old man's story touched me for some reason. Maybe Space Dandy has the potential to go above fun and games and maintain some emotional plot-lines..........
Wait people took that part seriously? Did you guys miss the bit where he lit his girlfriend on fire trying to light a cigarette? Which was like the funniest joke in the ep

Uhm what? That was supposed to be funny? My gosh.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 16, 2014 3:09 PM
Oct 2009
Am I the only one that noticed how some of Scarlet''s movements while fighting Dr. Gel's goons are a huge homage to Cowboy Bebop?
To be precise, I'm speaking of episode 1, when Spike is jumping around to avoid the drugged villain's punches.

Ep.1 of Cowboy Bebop, 18'22'': Spike evades by slowly jumping back, and retaliates with a roundhouse kick.
Ep.2 of Space Dandy, 10'54'': Scarlet does exactly the same, in the same way.

The sequence and the pace of the action are identical.
(aha, I knew my memory was still working!)

Shameless recycling of his own work, or clever hints for his oldest fans?
Jan 16, 2014 3:11 PM

Jun 2012
kamigawa said:
Am I the only one that noticed how some of Scarlet''s movements while fighting Dr. Gel's goons are a huge homage to Cowboy Bebop?
To be precise, I'm speaking of episode 1, when Spike is jumping around to avoid the drugged villain's punches.

Ep.1 of Cowboy Bebop, 18'22'': Spike evades by slowly jumping back, and retaliates with a roundhouse kick.
Ep.2 of Space Dandy, 10'54'': Scarlet does exactly the same, in the same way.

The sequence and the pace of the action are identical.
(aha, I knew my memory was still working!)

Shameless recycling of his own work, or clever hints for his oldest fans?

Probably a homage, yeah
Jan 16, 2014 7:08 PM

Mar 2008
It's more that they're both based on Bruce Lee.
Jan 17, 2014 1:23 AM

Dec 2007
Dropped
Jan 17, 2014 1:29 AM

Jan 2013
If you take away the connections this show has to Cowboy Bebop, this would be a 5/10 show and nobody would care about it anymore.
Jan 17, 2014 8:11 AM

Sep 2011
SolviteSekai said:
If you take away the connections this show has to Cowboy Bebop, this would be a 5/10 show and nobody would care about it anymore.
thats such a stupid statement, it would take away alot of viewers as watanabe's name is enough to make people watch but saying it changes the score because of the ties is so stupid and that also implies that all the people that dont know its ties to bebop nor even watched bebop are not enjoying it when that isnt the case

The thing thats absolutely dumbfounding about that statement when people say it is that it can be said for literally every product on the face of the planet
"if you take away the connections to requiem for the phantom, madoka would be a 5/10 and no one would care

if you take away the connections to gundam code geass would be a 5/10 and no one would care

if you take away the connections to kanon clannad would be a 5/10 and no one would care"

Those statements apply to literally nothing for every single product in existence, if that logic had ever even remotely existed then that means new comers would never get respect or work and anything new is a financial bomb, that logic is wrong in every way possible
JizzyHitlerJan 17, 2014 8:24 AM

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 17, 2014 8:11 PM

Jan 2013
I was actually pleasantly surprised by the nice OST and semi-serious few minutes near the end of the anime when the old man was talking about his past: it was done quite well. I'll definitely continue watching this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 18, 2014 6:10 AM

Oct 2009
Another great episode! Having a blast with Dandy :D
DAT Scarlet though! *_*
Jan 18, 2014 7:50 AM

Apr 2012
Since I've noticed something, is this Dandy character somehow inspired from this guy in the picture?

http://infonochikara.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/untitled.jpg

If you compare the hairstyle & clothes though, both are almost same. Anyway, this one taken from Falcom's Star Trader game for Sharp X68K.
fshahJan 18, 2014 7:53 AM
Visit my blog site for my own impressions about anime & other things: http://infonochikara.wordpress.com/
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/kaoru_kajiura
Subscribe on YouTube channel: http://youtube.com/KaoruKajiura
Jan 18, 2014 7:52 AM

Aug 2013
fshah said:
Since I've noticed something, is this Dandy character somehow inspired from this guy in the picture?

If you compare the hairstyle & that clothes though, both are same. Anyway, this one taken from Falcom's Star Trader game for Sharp X68K.
It wouldn't surprise me. Far from a blatant rip off though.
Jan 18, 2014 8:13 AM

Sep 2011
fshah said:

If you compare the hairstyle & clothes though, both are almost same. Anyway, this one taken from Falcom's Star Trader game for Sharp X68K.
no he likley isnt but its possible, dandy is based off the yankee style which has that haircut and usually similar clothes
http://i61.servimg.com/u/f61/11/51/86/96/yankee10.png

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 18, 2014 4:04 PM

Dec 2012
SolviteSekai said:

Where do you get this kind of logic from?

seems a bit irrational to think in such a manner
my avatar is the bus driver from Rosario + Vampire
Jan 18, 2014 9:02 PM

May 2012
Earwen said:
Dropped

Even after seeing that bad-ass scarlet?

You have to be kidding. GTFO.
Jan 19, 2014 10:03 AM

Jul 2011
What I love about this show is that whenever the credits roll, you feel high lol
Jan 19, 2014 9:22 PM

May 2012
05:02 u're dead, cat

08:47 ...Korean?

14:10 is the smartphone spaceproof?

6/10. Disappointing.
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Jan 20, 2014 8:02 AM

Aug 2008
Scarlet is one classy lady.
Jan 21, 2014 5:47 AM

Dec 2007
SuperImpact said:
Earwen said:
Dropped

Even after seeing that bad-ass scarlet?

You have to be kidding. GTFO.

hurr durr

It's a comedy show. If it doesn't make me laugh I will drop it. End of story.
Jan 22, 2014 10:21 AM

Feb 2009
Best episode so far.
Jan 23, 2014 3:35 AM

Jun 2013
Well, seems like he didn't die afterall, godamn this anime is amazing!
If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive.
Jan 25, 2014 1:31 PM

Jan 2014
I think it was cool, really.

It was fun and entertaining, and we are all going to see what's with the story on the next few episodes!
Jan 27, 2014 3:47 PM

Jan 2010
they use woolongs in this show, so maybe same universe as cowboy bebop? maybe even farther in time? it would be cool if that were the case
Feb 1, 2014 9:54 PM

Apr 2010
I'm not going to say this was a bad episode!

I understand this anime is bizarre to begin with, but something lacks for me two episodes in. Perhaps it will pick up, its defiantly not a anime that has much of a continuous story so far. Like last episode they exploded, this episode everything normal? Its not suiting my taste so far. Really hoping it picks up, cause I do like the summary of the show.
Feb 2, 2014 2:12 PM

Jan 2014
this show is glorious im so glad its airing on toonami
Feb 3, 2014 5:50 PM

Apr 2009
i loved this episode, made me crave ramen
Feb 7, 2014 11:15 PM

Apr 2012
Imagine what watching this on acid would feel like...
Feb 8, 2014 2:58 PM

Jan 2011
This episode was great, I like this show so far.
And the Gogol empire is actually Google!
Google Galaxy Street View!
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Feb 12, 2014 8:06 AM
Jul 2012
Alright episode.

Watching this subbed, and damn this sure is way better than dub. Dub voice acting gives my nerves that I was almost going to drop this show because it's uninteresting except JP and meow.

Dang, meow is clumsy where everytime he carries ramen noodles.

Not that funny as before, but a few spots in there was cool.

The OP and ED was quite nice.

Next episode bleh. Don't know how to react this one for sure other than hope this is going to be better. /:

3.5/5
Feb 22, 2014 11:17 PM

Dec 2008
Scarlet is the new Faye (I hope).

Watanabe's animation is untouchable. From Dandy's movement to Scarlet's fighting, its so precise and such a beautifully crafted style.
Mar 30, 2014 2:23 PM

Apr 2013
So, every episode will have a psychedelic-time/space-travel in the end?
Apr 4, 2014 5:54 AM

May 2012
Ramen Saikou! And damn that Scarlet woman sure was great :p Let's see what adventure they'll challenge next!
Jun 18, 2014 10:00 AM
May 2012
Damn, Honey is delicious, and I am not even talking about the food :3
Scarlet is hot and badass!!..........I would tap that bad ass of hers!!
I was eating my dinner while watching this episode, but what the hell are they eating?!?!..........I want to try it!!
Ramen guy is lonely T^T He should have come with Dandy.
Cool references :D
Jul 21, 2014 1:54 AM

Feb 2014
DarknessOfEmo said:
Alright episode.

Watching this subbed, and damn this sure is way better than dub. Dub voice acting gives my nerves that I was almost going to drop this show because it's uninteresting except JP and meow.

Yeah, I'm watching the dub so that could be why the show isn't working for me.
Sep 25, 2014 11:52 AM

Jan 2014
It's a really interesting show so far. It's so weird, pretty, and entertaining at the same time.
Nov 16, 2014 8:03 AM

Mar 2010
Ahh I couldn't stand the ending a bit, but its good to see some good old fashion sexual tension.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Nov 23, 2014 10:15 AM

Mar 2013
The animation is amazing. THE RAMEN GUY????? omfg
Feb 5, 2015 6:27 PM

Jun 2014
hmmm so this "Gogol" empire has street view of the entire universe too? not suspicious at all
Apr 30, 2015 10:23 AM

Jan 2012
What so great about ramen.Haven't tasted yet

Jan 18, 2016 11:51 PM

Jun 2009
can't help but feel sorry for meow.
Jun 11, 2016 7:35 AM
Jun 2016
How i like ti think about it,is that they are in a different dimension every time they die,of course that is just my opinion.
Jul 29, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2013
Scarlet just plain kicks ass. Is it my imagination? Or does she have sort of a western animation style to her character design?

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 29, 2016 8:32 PM
Nov 2016
full metal Noodlist. That killed me lmfao and made me really want some Ramen.
Feb 11, 2017 10:46 PM

Dec 2016
This show is basically the anime definition of "meme"
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Jun 5, 2017 3:49 PM

Jul 2013
This episode made me HUNGRY!!! Now I want ramen!
Sep 11, 2018 9:21 AM
Nov 2015
I'm having a big problem w the humor, like, it's trying to hard to be funny and cool. Everything else is great, especially the animation and colorful art.
Dec 26, 2018 2:24 PM

Apr 2013
Honey is really the highlight of each episode so far :>
Jan 23, 2019 3:26 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
I like how the opening sequence is extremely simplistic and classy, not too dragged and just on point, and takes you straight into the episode.
I judged this show to be a silly parody like nature that would only carry on humor, but damn that was a sad encounter.
Even the alien looking ramen looked tasty in this episode, I must be so hungry.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

ArtimesGamer - Jan 18, 2014

185 by RawrOMG »»
Yesterday, 6:52 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
Apr 25, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.