Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jan 11, 2014 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Taunt skill...sounds weak to me.

I like how they discuss a variety of skills and spells. OST is pretty awesome this episode and matches the intensity I guess. Really nice to see the team work together with the elemental skills and healers. Nice.

Great episode again. Dat friend list. Rudy is so silly this episode though. Shame he couldn't be added to Isuzu's friend list...shame.
Jan 11, 2014 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
To get to know each other first and rest before continuing (or rather understand each other's skills and discussing about it before fighting effectively). The girl being the strategist, instead of one of the healers. They beat it finally. She went ahead and report that to the main guy. lol @ Kakkii's character as the dog, though that girl cannot add him to friend list (that seems suspicious. Is there a secret why?).
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jan 11, 2014 12:57 AM

Nov 2011
tsubasalover said:
@ Kakkii's character as the dog, though that girl cannot add him to friend list (that seems suspicious. Is there a secret why?).

Pretty sure it had something to do with the database issue. Anyways, that was volume 3's ending. I hope they air some files or some sort of way to present all the monsters' statistics soon in a way in the future.
Jan 11, 2014 2:25 AM

Jul 2013
tsubasalover said:
lol @ Kakkii's character as the dog, though that girl cannot add him to friend list (that seems suspicious. Is there a secret why?).

there is a reason. we fellow LN-reader knows it.
though, it was already hinted since last few episodes, i will not spoil you, just rewatch the last few episodes and think about it... and maybe you will get it :D
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jan 11, 2014 2:43 AM

Feb 2008
Now I feel like this is a copy cat of light novel, feel like it move the same as it did on light novel.
I guess it just because I recently start reading on light novel.
This expecting were the same from LN.

It's all nice to see Minori take the courage to tell them all this, she will become a good tactic as she admire Shirou.
Everything got all real and we haven't forgot about our adorable Lennesia, wasn't so much of a screentime but she was there.

This episode feel like a great progress for Minori and rest of party member.
BlackbirdJan 11, 2014 2:47 AM

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Jan 11, 2014 5:07 AM
Oct 2008
Urek said:
tsubasalover said:
lol @ Kakkii's character as the dog, though that girl cannot add him to friend list (that seems suspicious. Is there a secret why?).

though, it was already hinted since last few episodes, i will not spoil you, just rewatch the last few episodes and think about it... and maybe you will get it :D

my guess is that rudy is
Jan 11, 2014 5:16 AM

Dec 2009
Ahhh, seeing newbies learn their roles.

Lovely episode as usual.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Jan 11, 2014 5:20 AM

Aug 2010
Really nice episode.

The first half with how they discussed their skills together and became a true team finally beating those skeletons was really enjoyable. Awesome team work.

Minori reporting to Shiroe about their adventure and his reactions was a really nice scene. I felt like he was laughing out of Nostalgia for the old days when he used to conquer dungeons with the Tea party and went through all those different experiences :D

Lol'd at how they keep talking bad about Rudy and about how he's an idiot handsome lame guy XD...Isuzu thinking he's a Golden retriever was funny XD

I'm not an LN reader but I guess he's already lost his memories of being an adventurer and thinks he's a person of the land. But I was pretty surprised that just thinking u're a person of the land will block u from the Database?? This is if my theory is correct though ^^;...If not then there's something I'm missing.

Glad to see Dere Lenessia "Do as u like" even if for a bit <3

The end was intense as hell!! I wonder what caused all those Demi-Human fish to attack like that O_O?? No matter how OP u may be I don't think beating them will be an easy task with those numbers. (Lol'd at the Asura fish in the in-between of the ep XD)

Can't wait for nxt ep. This is gonna get good :D
Jan 11, 2014 5:23 AM

Dec 2011
Rudy the dog. I wonder what was with him in that last scene.

Although an army of monsters suddenly surging in from the sea might stop us from finding out.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.

Aug 2013
LMAO I'm dying here. So that's why I feel like I want to pat Rudy's head whenever I see him...he's a dog! AHAHAHAHAHA! Wow that makes sense now. What an elegant dog XD

Oho...can't add him to the friends list? Cat (or should I say dog) is almost out of the bag Rudy :p

"We just need to talk to one another and work things out."
See this is why random PUGs almost never work out well. They don't want to talk nor listen. In the end, the kids figured out how to work as a unit. Random PUGs no more :)

Support ftw. Bards unite. Serara with a cat plushie was so adorable :D

I haven't played an MMO in a while so when Shiroe said "pulling", my heart skipped a beat. Oh how I love that term.

The first 18 or so minutes of this episode was calm...and then boom! There's the storm. Fish dudes invasion. Reminds me of that one arc in Freezing.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Oct 2011
Rudy is People of the Land turned Adventurer : O
Jan 11, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2008
Bout freaking time they were able to defeat a trash mob. Jeez. And they're pulling single adds without a off-tank or a light armor DPS. Pft. Really now?
Jan 11, 2014 5:33 AM
Dec 2013
I didn't like this episode very much. All those kids talking about skills was boring. Skipped those parts. All in all there wasn't much new to learn from this episode just towards the end it picks things up again. Next Ep is going to be awesome for sure.
Jan 11, 2014 5:33 AM

Feb 2013
i was expecting them to find a boss there and i wonder what is rudy hiding from the group
Jan 11, 2014 5:37 AM

Jan 2013
Rudy is the end game boss :D
Jan 11, 2014 5:46 AM

Jul 2013
I love that scene when they were learning each other's skills... thats basic and essential in a party.. damn this anime brings out the gamer in me...

I do not support romance between side characters... and because this is not a harem, when it comes to romance I only want to see Shiroe X Akatsuki.

Why can't that girl add Rudy to her friend's list?? well its either his friends list was full or..... hes an NPC!

dat another cliffhanger ending..
Jan 11, 2014 5:59 AM
Jul 2013
So Rudy is a People of the Land guy? That's a nice twist :)

Btw, where are Nyanta and Naotsugu? Camping in the forest? Thought they would bust in an whip dem goblins
Jan 11, 2014 6:07 AM

Jul 2013
sigh... am only waiting for this arc to end and seeing shiroe being a badass >_>

EDIT: oh, just reached post nr. 100 :D
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Jan 11, 2014 6:11 AM

Aug 2009
Barion-Zara said:
I'm not an LN reader but I guess he's already lost his memories of being an adventurer and thinks he's a person of the land. But I was pretty surprised that just thinking u're a person of the land will block u from the Database?? This is if my theory is correct though ^^;...If not then there's something I'm missing.
I think first of all, people should stray away with the idea that Players become People of the Land if they lose their memories. That's clearly not how it works.

When a player dies, some parts of information from his Anima (in this case, his EXP which also equals his memories) are not perfectly recovered. That's the "penalty" concept of the game which has sadly become a drawback after the third World Fraction. However, I believe that's all there is to it- just a penalty.

An Adventurer no matter how many times he dies and EXP he loses, wouldn't suddenly have his/her character type demoted into a People of the Land. Well for now, the only types of characters that were introduced are Adventurer, People of the Land, Precursor, Demi-human, Monster (not really sure if they're also demi-humans, but this could include Dragons, etc.), and animals (not sure if they're considered monsters such as the deer that they hunted before, but there are also those horses and griffons that are called by flute). Even People of the Land have their own memories and they were clearly in the game even before the players arrived. Same goes for the precursors (they were there even before the 2nd World Fraction). Hence, it's clear the People of the Land do not originate from players.
Jan 11, 2014 6:13 AM

Nov 2012
Ah man it's like that flying fish level in super mario all over again.

Jan 11, 2014 6:27 AM

Apr 2011
Finally getting interesting again ;P
Jan 11, 2014 6:30 AM

Apr 2013
It looks like there is going to be an all out war :o
Jan 11, 2014 6:36 AM

Oct 2010
Seemed like a waste of an episode to me. I still could careless about Rudy and the kids.
Jan 11, 2014 6:41 AM

May 2010
murloc attack + final boss rudy.
Jan 11, 2014 6:44 AM

Aug 2010
VerneJules said:
Barion-Zara said:
I think first of all, people should stray away with the idea that Players become People of the Land if they lose their memories. That's clearly not how it works.

When a player dies, some parts of information from his Anima (in this case, his EXP which also equals his memories) are not perfectly recovered. That's the "penalty"
concept of the game which has sadly become a drawback after the third World Fraction. However, I believe that's all there is to it- just a penalty.

An Adventurer no matter how many times he dies and EXP he loses, wouldn't suddenly have his/her character type demoted into a People of the Land. Well for now, the only types of characters that were introduced are Adventurer, People of the Land, Precursor, Demi-human, Monster (not really sure if they're also demi-humans, but this could include Dragons, etc.), and animals (not sure if they're considered monsters such as the deer that they hunted before, but there are also those horses and griffons that are called by flute). Even People of the Land have their own memories and they were clearly in the game even before the players arrived. Same goes for the precursors (they were there even before the 2nd World Fraction). Hence, it's clear the People of the Land do not originate from players.

I get what u mean. But I didn't say he became one. I said he thinks he's one. There's quite a difference.
Jan 11, 2014 6:50 AM

May 2012
The pace is just right.

I'm glad Minori decided to stand up, say what she needed to and get to know everyone's spells and skills. I really like Rudy, he might be stupid but at least he is quite funny and isn't completely arrogant.
Jan 11, 2014 6:52 AM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
cleverca22 said:
Urek said:
tsubasalover said:

my guess is that rudy is
ˇ

why did you put it into spoilers.. its not a spoiler if thats something you guess..
---------------------

Anyhow.... ending was like some sort of "invasion event" . I wonder if our protagonist will learn some special spells..
Jan 11, 2014 7:09 AM
Mar 2013
pretty sure i called it in a Previous Discussion of Episodes, that there would be Monster Invasions and that the people of the land and the Adventurers would have to team up to defend the lands from the monster invasion, That said the next Arc is gunna be freaking amazing can't wait.
Jan 11, 2014 7:14 AM

May 2013
Awesome to see them all fighting together as a team ;D
But why did Rudy not add Isuzu?
Jan 11, 2014 7:23 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
My guess is that it's a database issue that's why Rudy can't be added to Usuzu's friend list. I doubt Rudy will go from adventurer to People of the Land, even if his name Randaul Haus sounds like People of the Land. If Rudy's friend list was full why didn't it say friend list full, assuming there's a limit to how many friends you can have. I haven't read the VN, but I think not being able to add friends and fish army appearing are somehow connected.

No Akatsuki this episode, that's a bummer. Well at least Minori and the group got past the dungeon, but now they have to be on alert.

Jan 11, 2014 7:23 AM

Mar 2011
ow it's definitely different compared to the LN
They are basically giving a hints here and there for what's gonna happen in the last part of this arc

I kinda hate it... but oh well... I'm just gonna hope for them to do my favorite part really well

Jan 11, 2014 7:28 AM

Nov 2012
i guess rundel haus can't be added since he's neither an adventurer or one of the people from the land, but a sorcerer like it was shown last episode. dang we have to wait another week to find out :<
and a huge fight is coming.
the part with rudy as a dog was hilarious.
Jan 11, 2014 7:46 AM

Oct 2011
Could Rudy be a Data Anomaly or program like Aura ( .hack//series) ?? Maybe AIDA (.hack//games)

Maybe a glitch in the system of Elder Tale??

Izusu could not add him to her friend list. Plus their was a glitch.
Jan 11, 2014 7:54 AM

Aug 2012
i feel like there's more to this "Can't Add" like maybe he's part of the people of land or maybe he's with the people who got them trapped with which have connection with that thing at the beach at the end :))
"I don't like Megane, I love them"

Jan 11, 2014 8:01 AM
Jul 2013
It was good to see how the team worked in youth group. Final Woah, a pack of fish-monster.

Rudy looks like a dog, lol:
http://i42.tinypic.com/fasrh3.jpg
Jan 11, 2014 8:15 AM

Nov 2013
About the debate is rundel haus a person of the land or not, my guess is : if he got xp from killing monsters ( and I think the team would have noticed that he didn't level up ) then for me the theory that when you die too much you turn as a hybrid between adventurer and person of the land : you can still xp, learn new skills etc but since you don't have memories, you can't use the UI and thus can't be added to the FL.

If he didn't get xp, he is a person of the land from scratch IMO.
Jan 11, 2014 8:26 AM

Apr 2011
Finally, minorin finally step up.

Because of her, they now worked as a team.

I have a bad feeling about Rudy. I lol at Suzu's comparison between him and a dog.
Jan 11, 2014 8:27 AM
Dec 2013
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Taunt skill...sounds weak to me.

NO. Its very Effective.......

If you played most MMORPG's with a role of a Tanker or Warrior Class......

I believe taunting skills are very effective in dungeoning and party raids...

For Example.

Ragnarok Online's Knights/Crusaders use the skill called "PROVOKE" which is a TAUNT SKILL with no damage but pure provocation.

But it decreases enemy's defense which is very useful in any kind of battles.....

=)
Jan 11, 2014 8:47 AM

Jul 2009
Jan 11, 2014 8:50 AM

Jul 2012
OH MY GOD, a swarm of lv30 monsters!!!!
we are doom, we don't bring many mana pots, default attack will take forever to clear them all.
Jan 11, 2014 9:04 AM

Dec 2013
What a disappointment. I really couldn't care less about some kids doing some newbie dungeon.
Jan 11, 2014 9:24 AM

Jun 2012
I wonder why Rudy can't be added to the friends list. I hope their not gonna say something like people of the land are starting to become adventurers(cause you probably can't add people of the land to your friends list) or Rudy is the side effect of the Apocalypse. IDK, you can ignore my suggestion just now, I actually don't think it'll be something like that, I just really think this friends list thing is a big plot development like the memory thing. I also think that it would be interesting if Rudy was a humanoid boss in a dugeon that was gonna come out in the Northsphere(thats what its called right?) thing and he like the people of the land also has feeling and stuff and left the dungeon and joined the adventurers. I just think thats a fun idea.
SusuBitesYouJan 11, 2014 9:28 AM
Jan 11, 2014 9:27 AM

May 2013
Looks like Rudy is hiding something. An invasion of fishes at the end there.
Jan 11, 2014 9:29 AM

Sep 2011
Rudy's an NPC of the People of the land it seems. Makes sense. Same name color plating, the length size.
Jan 11, 2014 9:33 AM

May 2012
Esheraz said:
Awesome to see them all fighting together as a team ;D
But why did Rudy not add Isuzu?

Jan 11, 2014 9:37 AM

Oct 2013
Rudy lol
Jan 11, 2014 9:47 AM
Nov 2013
With how low hp the monsters in them dungeons seem to have it would be more efficient to stack classes like the sorcerer. And sorcerers can even freeze enemies, so you could easily keep anything locked down while doing massive damage to them with a few sorcerers rotating their spells. : |
Jan 11, 2014 9:53 AM

Apr 2010
Bard: I have this aura ability that reduces every non-tank classes threat. Doesn't that sound useless? I mean it doesn't heal or do damage.

Every raider watching: FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Jan 11, 2014 10:21 AM

Jan 2011
SusuBitesYou said:
I wonder why Rudy can't be added to the friends list. I hope their not gonna say something like people of the land are starting to become adventurers(cause you probably can't add people of the land to your friends list) or Rudy is the side effect of the Apocalypse. IDK, you can ignore my suggestion just now, I actually don't think it'll be something like that, I just really think this friends list thing is a big plot development like the memory thing. I also think that it would be interesting if Rudy was a humanoid boss in a dugeon that was gonna come out in the Northsphere(thats what its called right?) thing and he like the people of the land also has feeling and stuff and left the dungeon and joined the adventurers. I just think thats a fun idea.

Either that or Isuzu's friend list is full and she just needs to pay 123456789 gold to expand her list.

That huge wave of fish monsters! Epic fight on the way.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.