Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jan 2, 2014 11:54 AM

Jun 2013
I am a little over halfway through "Gintama" and I was wondering if I should watch it now. Should I wait until i finish Gintama'?
Jan 2, 2014 12:10 PM

Oct 2011
I think you can watch it already. You should wait until she is introduced though, because you won't know who she is. She appears during the Yoshiwara arc, which is around episode 140.

Still, you don't have to.
Jan 3, 2014 12:24 AM

Oct 2012
if your halfway you won't know some of the characters like tsukuyo and tama just finish at least gintama'' before watching the movie
Jan 3, 2014 10:49 AM

Sep 2011
Honestly id say dont watch it until at the very least somewhat into gintama' or if you can really hold off until you catch up with the series, the movie felt like a love letter to the fans that watched the show this far and watching it ealier would kind of abide that

that and the animation will look like complete shit if you watch the movie then go back to the first gintama, and you dont want to undermine the awesomeness of yoshiwara which your coming up on

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 8, 2014 12:56 AM
Jun 2013
I think you should watch Gintama': Enchousen first if you can't be bothered watching all that loads of episodes, I stopped watching Gintama vanilla around episode 20 and started watching Enchousen, few new characters and they're easy to get to know about, I guess watching the film itself could've made these characters bit "unattractive"
Jan 8, 2014 9:15 AM

Sep 2011
Theresonly1cryo said:
I think you should watch Gintama': Enchousen first if you can't be bothered watching all that loads of episodes, I stopped watching Gintama vanilla around episode 20 and started watching Enchousen
why would you ever do that ever, enchousen isnt a reboot its a direct continuation, your never supposed to watch it without having seen the 250 episodes prior to it

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Jan 8, 2014 2:11 PM

Jul 2013
It's probably best to watch the movie after you finish all of the seasons unless you absolutely cannot wait. That's not to say you won't understand the movie if you don't watch all of the seasons, but the movie may not have as much of an impact if you watch it so early. So if you want the best experience, save it for the end. :D
Jan 8, 2014 4:44 PM

Nov 2007
maymayyx said:
It's probably best to watch the movie after you finish all of the seasons unless you absolutely cannot wait. That's not to say you won't understand the movie if you don't watch all of the seasons, but the movie may not have as much of an impact if you watch it so early. So if you want the best experience, save it for the end. :D

Definitely. The movie is actually quite newbie friendly other than a lack of any type of introduction for the characters, but it's the difference between watching a bunch of strangers and a family you've come to really love. The movie is a celebration of the bonds built over the course of 265 episodes so...if you are going to watch the series anyway, just leave it for the end.
If you really don't care go ahead though. It should be entertaining regardless.

NotJizzyHitler said:
Theresonly1cryo said:
I think you should watch Gintama': Enchousen first if you can't be bothered watching all that loads of episodes, I stopped watching Gintama vanilla around episode 20 and started watching Enchousen
why would you ever do that ever, enchousen isnt a reboot its a direct continuation, your never supposed to watch it without having seen the 250 episodes prior to it

I know, although people say the arcs are self contained and yes, it's true to an extent, but they do rely on you knowing certain things from previous arcs to have the full impact. I suppose the comedy arcs you're just missing out on occasional some chekov related tropes and brick jokes but the serious arcs usually relate to one another in varying degrees and it makes no sense to see the plot out of order.
Jan 28, 2014 2:18 AM
Jun 2013
CookieBun said:
maymayyx said:

Definitely. The movie is actually quite newbie friendly other than a lack of any type of introduction for the characters, but it's the difference between watching a bunch of strangers and a family you've come to really love. The movie is a celebration of the bonds built over the course of 265 episodes so...if you are going to watch the series anyway, just leave it for the end.
If you really don't care go ahead though. It should be entertaining regardless.

NotJizzyHitler said:
Theresonly1cryo said:

I know, although people say the arcs are self contained and yes, it's true to an extent, but they do rely on you knowing certain things from previous arcs to have the full impact. I suppose the comedy arcs you're just missing out on occasional some chekov related tropes and brick jokes but the serious arcs usually relate to one another in varying degrees and it makes no sense to see the plot out of order.

Yeah, self contained is good word to put it, I think watching Enchousen without watching vanilla is not that bad
Jan 31, 2014 1:48 AM

May 2012
You should definitely watch all 3 series before seeing the movie. I cant explain why, the nostalgia just makes it feel even better! And IIRC they also say in the beginning (non-future part) of the movie that it's been 5 years since Yorozuya met eachother, so it is technically a sequel :D (And not "Other" as MAL says...)
Aug 22, 2015 5:18 AM
Aug 2015
Try this to watch any movie https://www.reddit.com/r/StreamingSource/
Jul 28, 2017 2:52 AM
Sep 2016
You can watch this movie anytime after 142 episodes in the original show.
BingoboyopJul 28, 2017 1:22 PM

More topics from this board

» THE BEST Movie of Anime of ALL TIME?!?!?!

Usopp8000 - Mar 11, 2016

31 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Gintama: Kanketsu-hen - Yorozuya yo Eien Nare Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

myth720 - Jul 6, 2013

418 by tinker3bellz1 »»
Jan 15, 4:05 AM

» When should I watch this ?

Praveen1114 - Sep 2, 2021

10 by Ronin74 »»
Oct 2, 2021 11:57 PM

» why hasn't this been licensed by anyone

NG_Chloe - May 3, 2020

2 by Zura97 »»
Apr 8, 2021 2:18 PM

» Question about ending*spoilers*

Josh15 - Jul 3, 2014

12 by Ronin74 »»
Mar 3, 2021 9:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.