Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Witchcraft Works
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 1, 2014 6:17 PM

Feb 2013
that animation was really good
Jan 1, 2014 6:18 PM

Jan 2011
You're a wizard Harr-

not sure why people keep thinking this an harem..

i did enjoy it even though JC staff is keeping this CG train going from the fall season yay(sarcasm),Kagari is interesting to say the least kinda found it funny of the reversal of their roles.

this shows some amount of promise hopefully im not wrong.
Jan 1, 2014 6:33 PM

Dec 2012
The show kept me interested the whole time. So I'll be sticking around for next week's episode. Hope the whole mob/fans idea doesn't become a recurring thing despite Kagari telling them off being quite satisfying.
Jan 1, 2014 6:34 PM

Oct 2012
Nice start its nice an weird
Jan 1, 2014 7:02 PM
Mar 2009
Magito said:
Honestly, why the F do other people thinks this is a harem?

*facepalm*

First episode is really good. I'm looking forward for more.

I am guessing that, due to the ending, they think it is a setup where the "important guy" will be surrounded by key girls... not just the bodyguard but the five who appeared at the end.

If they were going to use force alone then why bother joining the class?

Likely, they will try to use some sort of romantic pressure on him... something like Techi Muyo but it is actually more directly a harem setup since all we know so far is that the bodyguard is virtually impossible to beat.

It is a bit of a leap since they haven't explained anything, but, it seems likely it will go that way.

Also it is a harem in the other sense of the bodyguard having a "harem" of followers, but I think the real reason is just do to what I explained above.
Jan 1, 2014 7:21 PM

Sep 2012
Reading this thread made me want to punch someone in the face. Anyhow, the OST was decent, and the CGI was above average. 4/5 for the first episode.
"whats so special about bonzai trees?"
"They are the loli of the tree world."

Inganock of the Brightest Flame
Jan 1, 2014 7:26 PM

Jul 2013
Doesn't matter if this is a mahou shoujo or just another shounen harem or ecchi.. I like the MC and the main heroine is busty...

he lets them stupid classmates of him bully and harass him.. its fucking annoying.

another thing is that why does she protect him against all those rabbit thingy and against that falling building but she doesn't protect him against their classmates?? inform her about those who harm him?? bitch they're harassing him in front of you.. zzzzz

hundreds of rabbit robot soldiers attacked in their school and everyone were still ignorant about it.. there were few explosions too!
Jan 1, 2014 7:29 PM

Jan 2011
Lol Prez Obama.
But I somehow hate these kind of fangirls/fanboys thing. They somehow just bring out the rage within me.

5 transfer students right at the 1st ep. Whether they're good or bad... only time will tell.

Interesting first ep. Kinda surprised that this anime isn't a harem-styled anime as I would've have expected it to be one. (See all the hate on ppl thinking that this another harem anime)
Anyway, harem or not, I'm still looking forward to the next ep.
I mainly see the animes... so don't blame me for not knowing about the Manga/LN
Jan 1, 2014 7:34 PM

Jul 2013
Pretty good start, I think JC Staff's animation in here with the action scenes seems promising and fluid, though the art it looks good also.

The 2 MC's, Kagari and Takamiya are good, although Takamiya's character was okay but when the episodes progress through, he might be a promising character to the end. As for his classmates, they are a bunch of a-holes who just want to make him a weak character. I mean, come on, they even create some kind of club for "Princess Kagari" for protection and beating the MC up. That's some BS right there, just because she is the Princess of the school.

Oh well it is a good start, really wanted to known about these witches and reasons why they wanted to kill Takamiya.

Jan 1, 2014 7:35 PM

Sep 2012
In love w/this one. Thank you J.C. Staff for another beautiful production. With this and Golden Time, I'm on Cloud9!

edit...

those action scenes though! <3
Jan 1, 2014 7:36 PM

Aug 2013
That ED reminds me of Joshiraku ED ahaha. And I just noticed they were all on torture devices XD!!!

I've read the manga a few months back but I don't remember getting annoyed with the MC. Self-deprecating wuss is what popped in my head arrrgh reminds me of Accel World >___< Well I don't remember dropping the manga so I guess I did like it.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 1, 2014 7:45 PM

May 2013
PrimeX said:
another thing is that why does she protect him against all those rabbit thingy and against that falling building but she doesn't protect him against their classmates??

The rabbits and the building would have killed Takamiya, the classmate not, maybe Kagari wants the male lead to grow a pair?

bitch they're harassing him in front of you..

If anything, Takamiya is Kagari's bitch, not the other way around.
Jan 1, 2014 7:52 PM

Jul 2013
mangamuscle said:
bitch they're harassing him in front of you..

If anything, Takamiya is Kagari's bitch, not the other way around.

I'm sorry if I don't enjoy seeing the protagonist being abused.. like you do.
Jan 1, 2014 7:54 PM

Mar 2013
mangamuscle said:
Let me dispel this misconception here and now, this is NOT a harem series. I have nothing against harems, but this is NOT such a series. Yep, you will see hordes of witches and they are VERY interested in our male lead, but it is NOT a romantic interest.

It is to a certain degree....

Jan 1, 2014 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
antipurefaith said:
another good anime this season the new year started of good

^ This

off to a decent start.
Jan 1, 2014 9:00 PM

Mar 2012
Episode was okay, male protagonist is weak and useless while the female protects him.
Animation quality is good.
Other students' actions seem a bit to exaggerated even if she's the number 1 beauty.
Bit confused on why the guy's the princess that needs to be protected, maybe they explained it and wasn't paying attention...
Have a awful feeling that this show will be one arc followed by another with them beating everyone of those witches one by one, hopefully it doesn't turn into that.
Jan 1, 2014 9:30 PM

Sep 2013
Pres.Obama he's invaded anime, even if by name only...

It's a bowtie XD

That atmosphere isn't gloomy, it's menacing.

Evil cat girl that uses robot rabbits :D I'm in love JK, but still :O

Transfer student (trope!)

Well that was awesome, I want to see that ED subbed.
Jan 1, 2014 9:42 PM

Jun 2013
Well hello there, generic useless male MC who needs to be protected by girls #762...
I hope this guy grows some balls soon (seriously, she even called him "my princess" LOL), otherwise I'm abandoning ship. Not saying the show's bad, I'm just sick and tired of pathetic MCs already.
The episode was alright by the genre standards; OST is pretty good :)
Jan 1, 2014 9:43 PM

Dec 2013
I think I need to see more to get a better judge of this anime. Bow tie was funny.
Eh
Jan 1, 2014 9:46 PM

May 2013
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Well hello there, generic useless male MC who needs to be protected by girl ...

There, corrected that for you, it is singular, not plural and that makes quite a difference.
Jan 1, 2014 10:13 PM

Aug 2012
First show of the new year I've picked up. From what I've seen I like it so far. Haven't got much to go off of but at least we got some flaming bunnies.

Jan 1, 2014 10:30 PM

Jun 2013
mangamuscle said:
Tengoku_no_hakai said:
Well hello there, generic useless male MC who needs to be protected by girl ...

There, corrected that for you, it is singular, not plural and that makes quite a difference.

I never read the manga so I wouldn't know if he will just be protected by the fire witch, or if the 5 other witches will join in.
Jan 1, 2014 10:31 PM

Oct 2013
Obama-kun lol
cute evil bunnies :3
My princess <3
That ed is ok i guess. Why is she so tall?
3/5 for first episode.
Jan 1, 2014 10:45 PM

Dec 2012
The hell man. i am very dissapointed.

honestly i was a big fan of the manga, and i hope that JC can truly make this to a good one. first of all why would u use cg for this kind of genre... mecha? no i dont think so. hope there are much more progression for episode 2 onwards, but i think it is impossible to change the cg.
Jan 1, 2014 11:47 PM

Aug 2012
I liked it, they adapted the manga well, though i think the transitions for some scenes were too sudden. Pretty good OP song. fhana <3

oh, and the ED was so funny and cute XD
ChoroshiJan 1, 2014 11:59 PM

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Jan 2, 2014 12:15 AM

Aug 2008
i don't know about this probably i'll decide after i watch 2/3 more episodes if i drop or not
i hate the ending song though
The spider is watching
Jan 2, 2014 12:33 AM
Dec 2013
Im surprised she kept calling him princess, I'm not sure why she says that but im also surprised he didnt tell her to say Prince in place of the princess term.
Jan 2, 2014 12:46 AM

Mar 2013
This was really cool! The character designs are amazing, the OP and ED are both really great, and I love both of the main characters already. This episode made me laugh more than once and the whole guy being the damsel thing is nice and refreshing. Looking forward to the next 11 episodes!
Jan 2, 2014 1:00 AM
Apr 2012
Lmao. I actually... liked it! Thought it was pretty funny, the action scenes were pretty solid, and the ED was hilarious! Will give it a couple of goes.
Jan 2, 2014 1:03 AM

Aug 2012
Enjoyed the first episode. From how everything is panning out, looks like I'm definitely picking it up. Really interesting. Looking forward to finding out why she's protecting him. Pretty big oppai too lol
Jan 2, 2014 1:23 AM
Nov 2013
mangamuscle said:
Let me dispel this misconception here and now, this is NOT a harem series. I have nothing against harems, but this is NOT such a series. Yep, you will see hordes of witches and they are VERY interested in our male lead, but it is NOT a romantic interest.

As for him returning to school after being attacked, it is not illogical, it is just such a mind boggling situation he has yet to wrap his head around it and in the mean time it makes sense he continues his daily routine since he is unharmed (it would only make sense to not go to school if he had bruises or cuts).
I agree completely. It's obviously a romance with Kagari.
Jan 2, 2014 1:43 AM
Sep 2010
5/5 even though its typical, but good enough to continue to watch.
Jan 2, 2014 2:06 AM

Jan 2013
The ED is awesome, it's going to be hard to beat this season, a lot like Unbreakable Machine Doll's ED last season.

Really like the art style, good first episode.
Jan 2, 2014 2:24 AM

Aug 2012
I didn't really like this, I feel bad for the male lead because he comes off as being so pathetic, ill give it a little longer before dropping still.

On the upside, I liked the character design for Rin Kazari ^_^
Jan 2, 2014 3:28 AM

Jun 2013
This is better than harem & ecchi
rivaildeJan 2, 2014 3:33 AM
Jan 2, 2014 3:39 AM

May 2009
If you think
-it's harem
-transfer students are main antagonists
Just look at this sneak peak from next episode http://i.imgur.com/86SsjKU.jpg
It's just a cannon fodder.
Jan 2, 2014 4:03 AM
Jan 2011
Its going to suck if they have all the witches that want to kill him start falling for him. That is so tired.
Jan 2, 2014 4:34 AM

Jan 2013
haha kagari can just ignore everyone xD.

Pretty funny at some parts.
The Ending song. That was interesting...
Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.- Tifa lockhart
Which is it? A memory or us? -Tifa lockhart
Jan 2, 2014 4:35 AM

Apr 2013
After 3 episodes I will have my conclusion.
But it seems to be fun.
Jan 2, 2014 4:37 AM
Jul 2011
"I'll explain later" a whole day passes :(
Jan 2, 2014 5:16 AM

Mar 2013
so first ep adapted the 2 chapters. OST was good
lol they are all jealous from takamiya.looking forward to next episode
Jan 2, 2014 7:50 AM

Feb 2011
Pretty good but it seems pretty cliche : /
Jan 2, 2014 7:53 AM

May 2013
is it just me or the animation is really fluid. good impression on me for the 1st ep! :D
Dat feel when an Anime hits you inside.
Jan 2, 2014 8:43 AM

Nov 2013
So... am I the only one who thinks the heroine is the ugliest one? Seriously, all the other classmates are pretty and cute girls while the heroine looks just fat and ugly. Really I don't see the point.
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 2, 2014 8:53 AM

May 2013
haha loving it oh yeah thanks 2014!

Dat Kagari is one of the female types that I want, the silent ones oh yes
And also the witches looks promising will continue to watch I cant wait!!

And also the ED song is epic!
Tch.
Jan 2, 2014 9:00 AM

May 2013
pkKodama said:
So... am I the only one who thinks the heroine is the ugliest one? Seriously, all the other classmates are pretty and cute girls while the heroine looks just fat and ugly. Really I don't see the point.

She might not be drop dead gorgeous like Celia Cumani Aintree from Walkure Romanze http://imgur.com/3rlDpUg but I would not call her overweight nor ugly just because she is not skinny or cute. She is cool (which is the opposite of cute) and no doubt has enough muscle fiber to princess carry Takamiya with ease. There is a big difference between overweight and voluptuous.

She is similar to Sakaki from Azumanga_Daioh http://i.imgur.com/ZsPb9Zx.jpg
mangamuscleJan 2, 2014 9:11 AM
Jan 2, 2014 9:25 AM

Nov 2013
mangamuscle said:
pkKodama said:

She might not be gorgeous like Celia Cumani Aintree from Walkure Romanze http://imgur.com/3rlDpUg but I would not call her overweight nor ugly just because she is not skinny or cute. She is cool (which is the opposite of cute) and no doubt has enough muscle fiber to princess carry Takamiya with ease.

She is similar to Sakaki from Azumanga_Daioh http://i.imgur.com/ZsPb9Zx.jpg

Well I'll call this just my opinion but the classmates look better than Celia(though she is indeed pretty). But the drawing used for Kagari look so different from the other girls in the same anime that it looks weird. Her face looks dumb. And she could be skinny, cute and cool, that's how anime heroines usually are. And you don't need to be big to be strong, that's a misconception, when you train martial arts always aiming to become faster and stronger, your muscles become more rigid, not bigger.
For instance I call these girls cute and cool:
http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2010/354/8/d/tsukuyo___hyakka_by_zakilliet-d2vp7ce.jpg
http://media.animevice.com/uploads/3/36472/632995-erzarender.png
http://24.media.tumblr.com/5d32dfa0702e15a6438b8c7cff944470/tumblr_mi8mehNv771rbyttso1_500.gif
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120710112832/hunterxhunter/images/1/11/Genei_machi.jpg
And they don't have 1 meter boobs lol
ColtBuntlineJan 2, 2014 10:06 AM
“Right is right even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong even if everyone is doing it.”
― Saint Augustine
Jan 2, 2014 9:53 AM

Mar 2013
LOL Prez Obama

Okay start, will keeping watching though
Jan 2, 2014 10:14 AM

May 2013
pkKodama said:
Well I'll call this just my opinion but the classmates look better than Celia(though she is indeed pretty). But the drawing used for Kagari look so different from the other girls in the same anime that it looks weird. Her face looks dumb.

We will have to agree that it is just your personal opinion.

And she could be skinny, cute and cool, that's how anime heroines usually are.

That is the whole point, Kagari is NOT your usual heroine. That is the reason I facepalm every time someone writes this series is cliche -_-

BTW, cute and cool is very hard to find in any given heroine, it is like being hot and cold at the same time. The only one I can think ATM is Ai Hoshimiya from Moretsu Pirates http://imgur.com/F7PS4Mw.jpg

And you don't need to be big to be strong, that's a misconception, when you train martial arts always aiming to become faster and stronger, your muscles become more rigid, not bigger.

You can have strength without having ostentatious volume, but you can't be really strong without volume (you wont see many south-east asians winning medals in weightlifting at the olympics). That is the point, Kagari is really strong, not your average "oh, so you exercise, you surprised me" kind of strong. Look at Ben Johnson or Michael Phelps and you will realize you need volume even if only training for speed.
Jan 2, 2014 10:16 AM

Feb 2013
kagari is too tall, would've been better if she was shorter
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Pages (7) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2014

56 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 11:00 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2014

49 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 10:47 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2014

84 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:32 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2014

88 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 24, 6:15 AM

Poll: » Witch Craft Works Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 2, 2014

118 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 23, 12:18 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.