Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]
Sep 24, 2023 2:27 PM

Oct 2021
Gethameail said:
@Asudox
This is based on a VN, and I should mention that this isn't a full adaptation of White Album 2. In fact it's less than a third of it. From a story point of view this is the prologue setting up the main character's backstories. This is the nostalgic high school years that ended in heartbreak and failed friendships, that sets the "past" of the main story. Thematically it's meant to contrast with the more grounded modern adulthood of the second part.

Haruki is the way he is because he's a tryhard who wants to please everyone, and as a result pleases no one, and is afraid of making hard decisions even when is always ends up making him miserable. Setsuna's the main culprit in the first part, since she knew full well what she was doing and how it would inevitably end.

oh, so there's still more story. I am not that much into playing VNs, how's the adaptation in the manga?
yes.
Sep 26, 2023 9:41 AM
Feb 2022
Reply to Asudox
Gethameail said:
@Asudox
This is based on a VN, and I should mention that this isn't a full adaptation of White Album 2. In fact it's less than a third of it. From a story point of view this is the prologue setting up the main character's backstories. This is the nostalgic high school years that ended in heartbreak and failed friendships, that sets the "past" of the main story. Thematically it's meant to contrast with the more grounded modern adulthood of the second part.

Haruki is the way he is because he's a tryhard who wants to please everyone, and as a result pleases no one, and is afraid of making hard decisions even when is always ends up making him miserable. Setsuna's the main culprit in the first part, since she knew full well what she was doing and how it would inevitably end.

oh, so there's still more story. I am not that much into playing VNs, how's the adaptation in the manga?
@Asudox Dunno, but by the look of it, way too short to cover everything in a sufficient manner. It's only 4 Volumes. All the VN is translated now, so it's not really a hassle to read it, unless you aren't comfortable with sex scenes. VN adaptions are usually meh as a rule, in both anime and manga.
Nov 16, 2023 5:58 PM
Jan 2023
Reply to Joanna25
hyperknees91 said:
Actually Satelight kinda confirmed there would be...subtly. They put sketches for season 2 up on their twitter.

really ?? i didnt know HAPPY ! :D so the Coda will be animated right ?? :D
@Joanna25 it's 2023 and white album 2 never got a second season... this deserved so much..
Dec 4, 2023 10:59 AM
Mar 2021
Reply to kochia
@Joanna25 it's 2023 and white album 2 never got a second season... this deserved so much..
@kochia play the vn
Dec 6, 2023 9:35 AM
Jan 2023
Reply to avigrg
@kochia play the vn
@avigrg i'm currently at coda ^_^
Dec 31, 2023 12:23 PM

Aug 2014
Positives:

- A strong first episode.

- I also really liked the atmosphere in the beginning episodes, with the background music OST (like the drums and violin). Its background music is so good, that it reminded me of the Clannad BGM and the Kanon 2006 BGM.

- I also really liked how they showed us the neighborhood that they lived in and how it looked. The anime even did its best to portray that is fall/winter with the way the sun is always not so bright, and with people wearing their fall/winter clothes.

- Its also nice that there is romantic progress, and I guess we can say its somewhat unique.

Negatives:

- After a strong first episode that captivated its audience with its atmosphere and amazing BGM, WA2 then sadly just went bland or downhill with its VERY SLOW PACING.

- WA2 also went downhill when the second half of the anime decided to be a soap-opera, and if your drama resembles a soap-opera, then its gonna make it a dull experience.

- And we cannot forget those two horrible flashback episodes of Touma, which just ruined the immersion of the anime, and those episodes were dull.

To conclude = White Album 2 is 13 episodes, but they should have made it about 10 episodes. WA2 is like a rollercoaster when it comes to enjoyment = when its good it is enjoyable, but when its dull IT IS DULL. The first half (the first 6-7 episodes were enjoyable, but not always, due to the chill-nature of the anime, along with the BGM music and the scenery. But from episode 8 to the end, it just got so dull, mainly due to the soap-opera melodrama.

Well, its now been 10 years since this anime ended and no season 2, nor movie, no OVA/special.

Oh well
oooo3333Mar 11, 2:08 AM
Mar 1, 3:45 AM

Jul 2014
Ok this was one of hell of a unique ride, I didnt think one bit it will turn out like this and I expected its just both those 3 going on a journey to achieve their dreams in becoming the best band but oh no how much I was wrong. At the ending they kissed in front of Setsuna?? and then Kazusa decided to fly away after all this and Setsuna wont forget Haruki?? they should've forgave each other or not and went on their own separate way after all, but I bet also Haruki doesnt wanna forget Setsuna because he said "I cant imagine a world without you being my girlfriend" this is confusing, human feels are actually complex and this shows exactly how its hard to know how we feel about someone. Overall, I think they all were wrong but I still wanna know how it goes from there? will Kazusa be back after she succeeds in her piano career or all of them will just move on? or the worse could happen and he's back with Setsuna and by then Kazusa forgot him or vice versa. Guess there is no way figure this out unless I play the VN. Was hoping at least its conclusive.

9/10. One hell of an anime ngl.
Pages (18) « First ... « 16 17 [18]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.