Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

What are your thoughts on Golden Time anime and what couple you support most?

New
Dec 27, 2013 8:17 AM

Apr 2012
would really like to hear other people thoughts on this anime, i think it's really good i have even puted in on my favorite, also i really support koko and banri i would not like that idea that he finish with linda for a simple reason and that is koko is more attached to him, she really try so hard to make him happy even forgived him that situation in club for me i think she is "perfect for him" really like her personality. so who do you support linda? or koko? :) also this is 1st anime where main charapter actually get girlfriend before ANIME ENDS lol! so you get to enjoy it even more not like other or most of em where usually ends, it coused in me mix of emotions and i got attached to it.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2013 8:23 AM

Feb 2010
Koko x Banri
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 27, 2013 8:33 AM

Jan 2011
i dislike the main cast so i dont support any couple but i want to see more about Nana an 2d kun
Dec 27, 2013 8:52 AM
Dec 2010
Terrible, one of the worst romance I have watched in a long time. Kouko is more cringeworthy than Tomoko and the entire series is based on how low she can go with her mental issues, so essentially this series is Watamote MKII except with a hot girl. Her relationship with Banri is toxic as hell and it's hard not to wish Banri would just dump her to save his sanity. Ghost Banri is a terrible invention too and a dumb way to add more DRAMA.
Dec 27, 2013 10:24 AM

Feb 2010
And I thought I was in the minority.

Go, Paris, Go!
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 27, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2012
but SOME twist is going to heppen like " LUKE I AM YOUR FATHER* I just know it dont want to read manga will ruin excitment
Dec 27, 2013 10:51 AM
Nov 2013
I gave the series a 6 and write this in the tag:

''Tada Banri is a piece of shit and Linda is annoying as fuck. I think the better thing in this show is Kaga, but still not good enough. Seems like all of them are pretending, nothing around them feels genuine.''

I was hoping something like Toradora, and I'm very disappointed. Maybe when it finish airing I'll start to watching from episode 11.
Dec 27, 2013 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
Thread moved and cleaned

Thread moved to Golden Time board
Quote-chains and self-modding posts removed, please use the report function when a thread is made in the wrong board instead of making a post about it.
AversaDec 27, 2013 12:19 PM
Dec 27, 2013 2:20 PM

Dec 2012
Unfortunately for Linda fans,she will never end up with Banri. The situation clearly points that. This show is promising Koko x Banri for sure,and maybe the other characters will make their presence,like Mitsuo,Nana and 2D-kun.
Dec 27, 2013 3:30 PM

Oct 2013
Eeveelicious said:
Unfortunately for Linda fans,she will never end up with Banri. The situation clearly points that. This show is promising Koko x Banri for sure,and maybe the other characters will make their presence,like Mitsuo,Nana and 2D-kun.

I'll say this much, I do ship linda and banri. Now with all frustration aside with linda letting him go... I'm starring at a road that has two people who look eerily similar to both banri and koko. Oh wait a second! I must be confused. Am I really turning toward a banri x koko ship? Well honestly, linda even though she tries very hard caring for him hides the simple fact that she loves him. So I'm more or less done with linda. Unless of course she decides to screw all of the main cast by asking him or mitsuo out in a very blunt manner. Oh and I like the show.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

"Hates a river that only flows down." ~ 7thVoid
Dec 27, 2013 4:10 PM

Oct 2010
Golden Time is a very interesting anime, but unfortunately, I hate Banri, Koko and Linda with a passion. For me, the supporting cast of Nana, Mr. 2D, Mitsuo and Chinami are much better, I watch the show for them, and therefore couldn't care less who Banri ends up with.

If I had to choose though, I'd say Banri and Koko, because if there's two things I CANNOT stand, it's tsunderes and characters who aren't honest about their feelings. Linda is the latter in a nutshell, so she annoys me a whole lot more than the other two.
Dec 27, 2013 4:17 PM

Oct 2013
The only reason I still watch this is that I'm hoping that the tea club gets more screen time.
Dec 28, 2013 1:38 AM

Apr 2012
Vulpixel said:
The only reason I still watch this is that I'm hoping that the tea club gets more screen time.

hahaha human bowling OP!
Vulpixel said:
Dec 28, 2013 1:51 AM

Dec 2009
I like it. It's a nice romantic comedy anime.

I think i support the couple of Kaga Koko and Tada Banri. Linda is nice too, but she is the past now.

Though i understand it's difficult for Banri with his mixed emotions and feelings for both Kaga and Linda, let's just hope he can let go of his old feelings for Linda.

And eventhough Kaga Koko looks pretty and stuff, she is really clingy sometimes. LEt's just say i wouldn't want to be in Banri's shoes.
Dec 28, 2013 1:52 AM

Dec 2012
Madara31 said:
Golden Time is a very interesting anime, but unfortunately, I hate Banri, Koko and Linda with a passion. For me, the supporting cast of Nana, Mr. 2D, Mitsuo and Chinami are much better, I watch the show for them, and therefore couldn't care less who Banri ends up with.

If I had to choose though, I'd say Banri and Koko, because if there's two things I CANNOT stand, it's tsunderes and characters who aren't honest about their feelings. Linda is the latter in a nutshell, so she annoys me a whole lot more than the other two.

I can completely agree with you. Banri is somehow the 'loser' character in my eyes. The fact that 'the old Banri's ghost' appears and the two Banri fight for which girl he loves the most,they simply add too much drama for it's needed. As for Linda,I'm glad that she's not a tsundere- not even the main heroine is,and that's good.

I would like to see 2D-kun end up with someone,as for Mitsuo and Nana,even if Nana seems like she'll be only an episodic character.
Dec 29, 2013 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
I personally think that this anime is really good.

The couples that I feel that will end together: Banri x Linda, Mitsuo x Kouko, 2D-kun x PC, Chinami foreveralone.

The couples that I hope they end together: Banri x Kouko, Mitsuo x Chinami, Linda forever alone (though its not that I don't like her, because I do), 2D-kun x PC.

The couples that I would love to see ending together: Banri x 2D-kun. (SUUUUUUPER /o/ jk)
Jan 1, 2014 4:33 AM

May 2009
bigzzcobzz said:
Mitsuo x Kouko

Are you retarded?
Jan 3, 2014 2:08 AM

Jun 2011
wow, i didn't know everyone hated the characters so much. XD
i think they're all pretty good, all of them have annoying attributes like any person/character does/should but i don't see why people are hating them with a burning passion & etc. XD

with that being said my personal opinion is that i like koko and banri. i really like banri and i feel for him and his current situation but i think it's kind of fricked up that he would love another girl and try to tell his gf that she's the one he loves. idk, i can really relate to this anime i guess. >.< and i am glad the theme song elludes to koko x banri because banri's past isn't something i like that much. >.< childhood friends aren't my favorite sort of plot but because this story incorporates high drama that always throws me off i really find myself enjoying each episode.

koko is so cute too so it's hard not to love her, ya know? XP
Jan 3, 2014 4:46 AM
Apr 2013
I really like this anime overall, I just watched all the episode from the 1 to 12;
Actually I think all the characters are pretty nice, I mean I think most of them are being hated because people are comparing this manga with another one?
Which shouldn't be the case, the since the story is different!

Anyway the couple I support the most for now is:

• Chinami & Mitsuo

• And for the couple Banri & Linda or Banri & Kouko

Thanks for reading!
Jan 3, 2014 7:28 PM

Mar 2010
There is 1 thing that is very good with Koko x Banri relationship. It's HONESTY (they explain and tell their feelings). And Linda x Banri is DISHONESTY (they don't say what they actually feel).. and yet i can't decide which one is more suitable.. that's why i like this anime.. both sides keep me entertained..!
Jan 6, 2014 8:25 AM

Jun 2011
Linda X Banri

Let's be honest, this show is going to converge there eventually.
Jan 6, 2014 8:32 AM

May 2009
Akcope said:
Linda X Banri

Pfffhahahaha
Jan 6, 2014 2:36 PM

Sep 2011
Kouko x Banri all the damn way.
Hell, it's so much the OTP it's even in the Opening!
Jan 6, 2014 3:02 PM

Dec 2013
Forgetfulness said:
I've read in some spoilers that
get together later. I think I would actually like that, them being actual rational people unlike a certain main couple.

I like the idea of that too but can't imagine it yet.
True, Banri and Koko never were really rational.
Jan 6, 2014 5:18 PM

Oct 2013
Lylaaz said:
There is 1 thing that is very good with Koko x Banri relationship. It's HONESTY (they explain and tell their feelings). And Linda x Banri is DISHONESTY (they don't say what they actually feel).. and yet i can't decide which one is more suitable.. that's why i like this anime.. both sides keep me entertained..!

Banri has lied plenty of times to koko actually. So in retrospect koko isn't the problem in the relationship, banri is.

Forgetfulness said:
I've read in some spoilers that
get together later. I think I would actually like that, them being actual rational people unlike a certain main couple.

I don't remember if those spoilers are set in stone though. Them being together would make sense. I can definitely see it.
"A cruel world is not without it's beauty, and many times a select few find it by mistake. Only then do those select few see the world for what it is... A disastrous masterpiece." ~ 7thVoid

Jan 6, 2014 8:29 PM

Jun 2012
Linda x Banri! More matured relationship. It's based on love and friendship, not like the obsession of Kouko.
Jan 6, 2014 8:31 PM

Mar 2012
silversaint said:
I want to see more about Nana and 2D-kun

And the Tea Club. Don't forget the Tea Club.

bastek66 said:
Akcope said:
Linda X Banri

Pfffhahahaha
Shit, dude, I know nothing about this series other than what's been aired so far and even I know that that's not going to happen.
I'm dead. Don't come looking for me.
Jan 6, 2014 10:07 PM

Jun 2011
I really do support Banri x Linda the most just because I can really relate to how Linda feels. Indeed I understand that their relationship will only get worse after what happened in episode 12.
Jan 7, 2014 8:54 AM

Aug 2012
I love Koko and I think she should get Banri. I like Linda too so I hope she ends up with 2d-kun or something. I'm also wondering if Linda has a yuri side because I think Nana might like her lol.
Jan 7, 2014 12:41 PM

Mar 2010
7thVoid said:
Lylaaz said:

Banri has lied plenty of times to koko actually. So in retrospect koko isn't the problem in the relationship, banri is.

Past tense. LIED. As far as i have seen (ep 12), he confessed everything up. Therefore, as for now, they are an honest couple.
Jan 7, 2014 6:36 PM

Feb 2012
I was suckered into this anime because of the "Hey this the guy that made Toradora!" So far I can't get into either the romance or the comedy in this show. Every episode I frequently check the time remaining to get through it. You know what, fuck golden time, all the characters can eat shit. Dropping this now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2014 8:15 PM
Dec 2013
kickmesign said:
I was suckered into this anime because of the "Hey this the guy that made Toradora!" So far I can't get into either the romance or the comedy in this show. Every episode I frequently check the time remaining to get through it. You know what, fuck golden time, all the characters can eat shit. Dropping this now.

Finding out that the creator of Toradora! made this makes me even more disappointed with the show, as his standards are far above what Golden Time is coming up with. First few episodes, I was loving this show, and actually liked Kouko. Time progressed, she got with Banri, and I now bloody hate her. Linda was my true OTP for this anime, but now she's going all "I want to support the relationship and will hide my feelings for him," which only works when it fits. It doesn't fit here. Like, at all. Clannad had examples of that in it, and it fit. Quite well. As far as things go, my OTP now is Chinami x Banri. Crazy, I know, but I would love to see such an obscure couple. Then again, Banri doesn't deserve the wonder Chinami with her Okamera, but maybe if he gets away from the overcontrolling, possessive Kouko it'll work out. I just can't stand her anymore, and if we're supposed to hate her, they've done quite the bloody good job at it.

-My Two Cents
Jan 7, 2014 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
My thoughts...I'm on the verge of dropping it lol. I can kind of see how and where things will end up so I don't know *shrugs*

I love Linda and the only other decent male in this show is 2D-kun so I'll just ship those two. Heck give 2D-kun a harem of 3D girls. If not, Nana x Linda. I know it's not going to happen but at least I find it more interesting than what we're getting now.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 8, 2014 9:49 PM

Oct 2013
Lylaaz said:
7thVoid said:
Lylaaz said:

Past tense. LIED. As far as i have seen (ep 12), he confessed everything up. Therefore, as for now, they are an honest couple.

True. I was just stating that he HAS lied and can do so again. But I don't have a problem with them being an item so all is good. As long as things stay as there are in ep 12 anyway.

Jan 10, 2014 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
bigzzcobzz said:
(...)
The couples that I feel that will end together: Banri x Linda
(...)
The couples that I hope they end together: Banri x Kouko
(...)

Akcope said:
Linda X Banri

Are you both serious ? Did you try watching the picture, the op, or the ed even once ? There's not an ounce of doubt it'll end Banri x Koko...

That's a shame though, I'm more of a Banri x Linda shipper.

I totally see how you could dislike Linda, but I fail to understand what's so good about Koko, apart from the fact she loves Banri ?
Jan 11, 2014 9:08 PM

Dec 2010
Especially with the theory going around with the new OP, I wouldn't be surprised if things turned out very differently from what it looks like it's gonna be.

But even if it doesn't and it turns out predictable, I still enjoy the anime. There aren't many anime out there (that I've seen) that have a couple getting together right off the bat like that.

As long as it doesn't have a shit end like School Days, I'll be happy.

Oh, and I support Koko x Banri.
Jan 12, 2014 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
i am a banri x linda shipper, even though i know my ship is going to sink sigh..
Mar 6, 2014 2:01 PM

Mar 2014
Gotta hate when you fall in love with a couple that is clearly never going to happen. I hate koko x banri, its so shallow. Their so lovey dovy that it looks completely forced, unlike the natural kind of relation ship linda and banri could have. Besides that even after losing his memories of linda he still had feelings for her...yet this anime still loves to force the whole koko x banri thing. I mean really, koko only likes banri for being the first guy to treat her like a normal person, banri fell in love with her at first sight (and by that I mean with her looks, try and convince me otherwise). What i hate the most is when they have linda x banri moments and give you little nudges to make you think they might get with each other after all just to crush your hopes, and a few episodes later do it all over again.
Mar 6, 2014 2:52 PM

May 2009
twisted5000 said:
GWhat i hate the most is when they have linda x banri moments and give you little nudges to make you think they might get with each other after all just to crush your hopes, and a few episodes later do it all over again.

Spare us this shit. There were never romantic moments between them. Old Banri was piece of shit deluding himself while Linda was indecisive cow. They will never be together.
Mar 6, 2014 3:05 PM

May 2013
Banri X Koko. They're an interesting couple with a load of issues directly tied to their pasts, so that in itself makes them more interesting than the majority of anime couples out there.

The show itself is decent. It's veerrryyy inconsistent, though, with very high highs and very low lows.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)
Mar 6, 2014 3:09 PM

Feb 2014
Banri and Kouko.. The only interesting pairing.. Lol at Linda fans.
Mar 6, 2014 3:17 PM

Mar 2013
Banri X Kouko. They've had some roadblocks along the way but have tried to work together to get past them, also love how they bounce off each other although I do feel for Linda at times.
Mar 6, 2014 3:28 PM

Jul 2012
I will support which ever endgame pair that this anime ends with as long as it sticks with the original story and executes it in the best way possible. I am interested in seeing at least a Linda x Banri portion just because their relationship is much more complex. But either way, as long as the ending is good.

As for the anime itself, it's decent, but could be better.
Mar 6, 2014 4:01 PM

May 2009
mayukachan said:
I am interested in seeing at least a Linda x Banri portion just because their relationship is much more complex.

Except there is no complex. It never existed.
Mar 6, 2014 4:25 PM

Jul 2012
bastek66 said:
mayukachan said:
I am interested in seeing at least a Linda x Banri portion just because their relationship is much more complex.

Well, I'm just saying it's more complicated compared to Koko x Banri. They have much more history together and she keeps more to herself. With Koko, it's more like "I love y-o-u, Banri~~~" and Banri's like "I love you too, Koko~~~"
Mar 6, 2014 5:17 PM

Apr 2011
If I had to choose, I'd probably say Banri X Linda.Although I don't really care who he ends up with long as one or the other.
Mar 6, 2014 7:35 PM

Feb 2014
mayukachan said:
bastek66 said:
mayukachan said:

Well, I'm just saying it's more complicated compared to Koko x Banri. They have much more history together and she keeps more to herself. With Koko, it's more like "I love y-o-u, Banri~~~" and Banri's like "I love you too, Koko~~~"

You mean how Banri was a wimp and Linda rejecting him then talking behind his back.. There was no history between them
Mar 6, 2014 8:15 PM
Apr 2012
Lylaaz said:

woh woh really you sure honesty between koko and banri
dont take it the the wrong way i really lve banri and koko but since the new episode come up is just bull****
koko dum banri out from noware and making rediciluse lies like she still love yana and youll know why i said lie in the next episode koko will go to parish. seriously bro that your honesty there?
even though she is clingy and extremely anoying i like her that time but now its just mess up.
there no way in hell il support koko and banri anymore she is just selfish brat. and

go vist the discussion for koko fan base beig abolish your opinion will be helpfull if we want koko kaga fanbase be abolish
Mar 7, 2014 2:45 AM

May 2009
Titanz25 said:
You mean how Banri was a wimp and Linda rejecting him then talking behind his back.. There was no history between them

Yes, it ended there and never developed.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.