Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Dec 24, 2013 4:23 PM
Apr 2013
All 3 had their own faults.
Kazusa was too tsun.
Setsuna liked Haruki and did what she can to get him. Haruki accepted because he thought that he can't have Kazusa because she was too tsun. He also didn't want to hurt Setsuna.
Haruki made it all worse, because instead of just breaking up with Setsuna, he is hurting everyone.

Haruki doesn't deserve neither and deserves a boat end instead.
Dec 24, 2013 5:01 PM

Aug 2008
Venats said:
hyperknees91 said:
Hmm you really do make quite a good point there Venats. I possibly didn't notice it because I was used to the VN and it's hard not to remember facts from it as opposed to just taking what the anime gives you.

The anime is pretty clear cut (surprisingly) on its characterization. Part of it sometimes feels a bit heavy handed, particularly in Setsuna's case with all the ~hidden eyes, I know the truth~ presentations. She's always been the "meddler" but the anime pushes that much harder than the VN did while also really slapping on the chemistry between Kazusa and Haruki. (I mean, we had an episode and a half exploring things so one-sidedly, which you never got for Setsuna.) Not to say she's placed in "the wrong" or "the villain" roles, she's just not presented as "the girl", more "the plot device".

Which, again, really strikes me as odd unless they do some really off-the-cuff stuff next episode.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of the directing quite honestly. I hated the fact they spent so much time on Kazusa's flashbacks. Excuse me this is suppose to be a love triangle. A love triangle isn't very compelling if the victor is clear.

I guess that's one thing I have to give True Tears over WA2.

hyperknees91Dec 24, 2013 5:12 PM
Dec 24, 2013 7:21 PM
Apr 2011
hyperknees91 said:
Yeah I'm not a big fan of the directing quite honestly. I hated the fact they spent so much time on Kazusa's flashbacks. Excuse me this is suppose to be a love triangle. A love triangle isn't very compelling if the victor is clear.

Its not a clear victor so much as the clear one who is loved.

That doesn't mean Kazusa will win, but the anime has made it a very strong case in point that Kazusa and Haruki are very much in love. On that point, the directing has been top notch.

Its when you throw in VN knowledge that everything gets confusing.
Dec 25, 2013 6:41 AM
Jul 2010
Venats said:
hyperknees91 said:

Its not a clear victor so much as the clear one who is loved.

That doesn't mean Kazusa will win, but the anime has made it a very strong case in point that Kazusa and Haruki are very much in love. On that point, the directing has been top notch.

Its when you throw in VN knowledge that everything gets confusing.

If you throw in VN knowledge, you'd know that Haruki was ALWAYS in love with Kazusa.
The whole point was that Haruki was never able to forget and get over Kazusa, vice versa.

I think it's probably gonna go with Kazusa's true end though, but that's just my wishful speculation.
Dec 25, 2013 7:34 AM

Aug 2008
Dec 25, 2013 7:47 AM

Oct 2007
If more anime based on visual novel romance dating sim type games had characters like Kazusa Touma as options I'd probably watch and enjoy a lot more of them. I mean how do you deny a girl that plays the piano, is rocking an almost hime cut and has that voice and personality? So dignified, so......home girl.
Dec 25, 2013 8:29 AM
Apr 2011
meowykid said:
If you throw in VN knowledge, you'd know that Haruki was ALWAYS in love with Kazusa.
The whole point was that Haruki was never able to forget and get over Kazusa, vice versa.

I think it's probably gonna go with Kazusa's true end though, but that's just my wishful speculation.

No I mean based on how strongly biased the anime is, when you throw in the VN it gets weird.

There's plenty of hints to make me agree with you on where this is ultimately going though, it just feels like you could well have ended the show this or next episode with an anime original ending given how completely one-sided the presentation has been.
Dec 25, 2013 8:51 AM

Aug 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
If more anime based on visual novel romance dating sim type games had characters like Kazusa Touma as options I'd probably watch and enjoy a lot more of them. I mean how do you deny a girl that plays the piano, is rocking an almost hime cut and has that voice and personality? So dignified, so......home girl.

Oh god why.

No I mean based on how strongly biased the anime is, when you throw in the VN it gets weird.

There's plenty of hints to make me agree with you on where this is ultimately going though, it just feels like you could well have ended the show this or next episode with an anime original ending given how completely one-sided the presentation has been.

Even though it won't happen, the story would be better if it just ended here.
hyperknees91Dec 25, 2013 8:55 AM
Dec 26, 2013 6:50 PM

Sep 2010
Prodyz said:
I feel that this episode have the same vibes as golden time with all those male MC's indecisiveness.

is that the only trait to exploit in rom/drama shows?

When was haruki ever indecisive? He just always played the hand he was dealt. That's his flaw. Kazusa states this many times as him "playing it safe"

he realizes he truly loves touma and is making it right so whats the prob?
Dec 26, 2013 7:07 PM

Sep 2010
That part where haruki played powder snow made me teary eyed.
Dec 26, 2013 7:24 PM
Dec 2013
ollythirteen said:
A lot of the people in here blaming this and that character obviously have very little life experience, and by life experience I mean contact with ALL sorts of human beings with varying personalities.

The three main leads should be identifiable to you and even if you don't agree with their actions you should at least understand them (There are a LOT of people like Haruki out there, yes male AND female). And to a certain extent, sympathize.

This ain't Naruto: there are no clearly labelled bad guys the author wants you to hate.

These are characters based on REAL personality types in the big wide world out there.

My advice is you stop pointing the finger, leave your social bubble and go make the acquaintance of people you normally wouldn't be caught dealing with (by your friends).

Then come back and see if it'll be any easier blaming any of these characters, (hell blaming anyone in real life, really) fully.

Definitely the best show of the season, if we're judging by character (romance stories tend to be very sparse, after all).

PS if you people (the judgers, excuse my grammar) actually watched NANA, I wonder how you'd feel about the ending of that show heh

At the end of the day Setsuna judged herself by admitting she took advantage of Haruki by using known character flaws he had to essentially psychologically bully him into a relationship with her. In her own words she said she confessed because she knew he wouldn't refuse her. she knew he was so mentally weak-willed he wouldn't turn her down and after she watched her best friend agonize over her feelings for him she ran up and confessed to push him into a relationship on the spot to block her best friend.

its like the bully that walks up to the weak-willed kid in school and takes his lunch money because he knows that kid won't stand up for himself. we've basically got people here effectively defending that sort of behavior saying well you gotta go after what you want and the kid should have stood up for himself. they're right about the kid needing to stand up for himself but him being that weak is a character flaw. doesn't make him a bad person just a flawed one. the bully however is a person of obvious low character who will step into a situation and exploit it consequences be damned just for their own selfish desires and doesn't respect personal boundaries.

the irony of the School Days comparisons are that Setsuna and Makoto are birds of a feather who will prey on the weak and take advantage of people for their own selfish purposes. Makoto just preyed on the wrong person and his head ended up in a bag.
Dec 27, 2013 3:23 AM
Jul 2013
I get a feeling that Setsuna wouldn't actually be sad as long as Haruki and Touma still stay as friends with her and don't leave her out. I'm sure that she wanted to get between the two of them since she didn't want to be left out, so I'm sure that she will feel a lot better if Touma and Haruki got together while keeping her with them
Dec 27, 2013 5:37 AM

Aug 2008
mhyr1104 said:
I get a feeling that Setsuna wouldn't actually be sad as long as Haruki and Touma still stay as friends with her and don't leave her out. I'm sure that she wanted to get between the two of them since she didn't want to be left out, so I'm sure that she will feel a lot better if Touma and Haruki got together while keeping her with them

Hey someone gets it.

Though she would be a little sad, because she actually does love Haruki more than she thinks she does.
Dec 27, 2013 7:51 AM

May 2013
i really hate this selfish bit#h setsuna........

this is what you get for meddling in other ppl love 5/5

felt so sad for touma, and that stupid haruki can just go and jump off a cliff for his patheticness
Dec 27, 2013 12:13 PM
Jul 2010
na35899 said:
i really hate this selfish bit#h setsuna........

this is what you get for meddling in other ppl love 5/5

felt so sad for touma, and that stupid haruki can just go and jump off a cliff for his patheticness

Sigh, here we go again. You don't understand the visual novel nor the story, if your taking sides and hating the other characters
Dec 27, 2013 3:51 PM
Mar 2012
meowykid said:

You don't understand the visual novel nor the story, if your taking sides and hating the other characters

But the game really does expect you to pick a side. Don't try to act all high and mighty because you were affected differently by it and chose to remain neutral.
Dec 27, 2013 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
If the game expected you to take a side by the end...then it failed miserably. I'm not praising the game btw.
Dec 27, 2013 9:19 PM
Dec 2013
mhyr1104 said:

Then she could have approached her friend Touma and talked it out with her instead of going behind her back and confessing like that.

In Kokoro Connect there's a love triangle where two chicks like the same guy. one confronts the other about her feelings and while i haven't made it to the end of that they both agree that no matter who he picks they'll remain friends.

harmless intentions don't excuse harmful acts.
Dec 27, 2013 10:28 PM
Mar 2013
Am I the only one who's team Setsuna??? So sad that it's turning out this way... She's definitely not as bad as some people make her seem, as much as she loved Haruki, she made it possible for them both to reconnect.

Also, I'm gonna get flamed to hell for this but I wouldn't mind a school days twist. Whether you liked it or not, School Days ventured into the unthinkable and undoubtedly laid a lasting impression on the anime world. A bit of darkness and conceit (most likely from Setsuna here) may make this anime really memorable. I'm not talking about a murder/beheading but something more sinister would be pretty cool.
Dec 28, 2013 2:27 AM
Oct 2013
guntrix said:
School Days.

http://i.imgur.com/wzaX02o.gif
Dec 28, 2013 5:08 AM
Dec 2009
Kazusa does not show up to their school's graduation ceremony but when Haruki is told by Setsuna that Kazusa was at school at one point because she found a letter from Kazusa,[25] Haruki runs all across the city looking for her. He goes home fruitless but receives a call from Kazusa and finds her standing near his house and the two of them reconciles with each other. On the next day, Setsuna convinces Haruki to go to the airport together to see Kazusa off.

http://operationrainfall.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Sakata.Gintoki.full_.512755.jpg
Dec 28, 2013 5:16 AM
Apr 2011
xXwehrabooXx said:
All 3 had their own faults.
Kazusa was too tsun.
Setsuna liked Haruki and did what she can to get him. Haruki accepted because he thought that he can't have Kazusa because she was too tsun. He also didn't want to hurt Setsuna.
Haruki made it all worse, because instead of just breaking up with Setsuna, he is hurting everyone.

Haruki doesn't deserve neither and deserves a boat end instead.

Too true. Haruki for worst MC of 2013. I leaped for joy when he got slapped. I actually would have been quite satisfied if it ended when the screen faded to black as Haruki cried in his room, both Touma and Setsuna deserve way better.
Dec 28, 2013 5:28 AM

Aug 2008

Too true. Haruki for worst MC of 2013. I leaped for joy when he got slapped. I actually would have been quite satisfied if it ended when the screen faded to black as Haruki cried in his room, both Touma and Setsuna deserve way better.

Haruki kinda has terrible taste in women so its ok. It all balances out by the end.
Dec 28, 2013 6:00 AM
Oct 2013
It
hyperknees91 said:

Haruki kinda has terrible taste in women so its ok. It all balances out by the end.

It's not that he had many choices until later in his life.
Dec 28, 2013 6:13 AM

Aug 2008
It's more of the fact that you think Setsuna and Kazusa deserve better....little do you know my friend.
Dec 30, 2013 6:36 PM

Oct 2013
outkastfox said:
Amazing.

Yes
Jan 1, 2014 1:51 PM

Aug 2011
I feel like Haruki should've broken up with Setsuna before going after Touma. He kinda deserved that slap...
Jan 2, 2014 4:29 PM
Dec 2012
OMG AT THE 7min Mark I started SCREAMING "YESssSSsSssS!!! YESSSSssSsSSsSsSs!!!!! "

Next Episode you guys...
lol this one almost felt like the last episode...
Jan 6, 2014 8:12 PM

May 2011
The ending song is so great.
Jan 13, 2014 3:15 AM

Aug 2012
Not a fun episode to watch for a Setsuna fan . (Feeling the pain of Setsuna >.<)
Jan 21, 2014 7:36 PM
Jul 2018
gino_san said:
Not a fun episode to watch for a Setsuna fan . (Feeling the pain of Setsuna >.<)

I feel ya bro. Although I don't know whether I like Setsuna or Kazusa more .__.

But I guess Haruki chooses Kazusa. And leaves Setsuna and his friends behind, disappointed, at school.

The ED was nice and pretty.
Jan 26, 2014 12:30 AM

Sep 2008
So Setsuna knew she was being a bitch right from the start and still forced herself inbetween Haruki and Touma.

Being a Touma supporter, I really enjoyed this episode.

This anime is nothing like school days. The MC here is completely different.
Jan 26, 2014 12:45 AM

Jun 2013
Thanos_ said:
ollythirteen said:
Wow. It's been SO long since I've been made to feel by an anime. Not since NANA.

That last part was pretty darn powerful. I mean - their feelings for one another - just palpable.

Anyone know if the final episode'll be airing next week Saturday? Or do you think they went with an anime original ending with this ep? 'cause "Kill la Kill"'s gone on break 'cause of the holidays...

This episode is not original. Still going to have another episode. The EP1 foreshadow would not be there if this was the last episode.

im confused as to what the foreshadow in episode 1 was.i rewatched it and didnt see anything that could be a foreshadowing to the "last episode."could you please explain what the foreshadow was?
Jan 26, 2014 12:49 AM
Dec 2013
mrbakchoi888 said:
Thanos_ said:
ollythirteen said:
Wow. It's been SO long since I've been made to feel by an anime. Not since NANA.

That last part was pretty darn powerful. I mean - their feelings for one another - just palpable.

Anyone know if the final episode'll be airing next week Saturday? Or do you think they went with an anime original ending with this ep? 'cause "Kill la Kill"'s gone on break 'cause of the holidays...

This episode is not original. Still going to have another episode. The EP1 foreshadow would not be there if this was the last episode.

im confused as to what the foreshadow in episode 1 was.i rewatched it and didnt see anything that could be a foreshadowing to the "last episode."could you please explain what the foreshadow was?

airport scene
Jan 26, 2014 8:46 AM

Jun 2013
zombiemojo said:
mrbakchoi888 said:
Thanos_ said:
ollythirteen said:

airport scene

but that scene had already happened in the last episode therefore i think episode 13 could still be the last episode and there wouldnt be an follow up to the story.
Feb 1, 2014 2:18 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, now I can only see a bad ending xD
I don't see how everyone can be happy in the end.

Setsuna talk on the roof with the other girl that I don't remember her name was really interresting and touching. When she said that she putted herself between them by singing that day... :(

The talk on the cellphone was also touching, but really, Haruki will lose all. They're is no way that he can stay with Setsuna after all that and I'm pretty sure Kazusa will still leave. Now he'll be left alone with that ring he buyed.

I also wonder what was in that letter.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 2, 2014 6:12 PM

Dec 2012
I'm glad he chose Touma in the end, this didn't turn out to be train wreck after all.
Mar 4, 2014 6:38 AM
Dec 2013
gosh ive been rooting for tomoexharuki since episode 1!!
Apr 18, 2014 6:48 PM

May 2012
While I totally loved that ending I still feel sorry for Setsuna and still find Haruki a jerk for not properly expressing what he really wants...

The development was certainly lovely especially that ending but well with the next episode being the last I really wonder what that ill offer!
May 15, 2014 5:54 AM

Sep 2011
Could have easily been the last episode.
May 23, 2014 12:30 AM

Jan 2013
Holy shit. That was a great episode. Thats right, I'm rooting for Touma. TOUMA>OTHER GIRL. Gotta say, the ost for this show is awesome
Jun 17, 2014 11:54 PM

Nov 2011
The was kind of a butt move, calling Setsuna after he gets sick from being out chasing Kazusa. He even lets her kiss him! And he doesn't say anything! If they hadn't shown him in pain after that, I may have written him off. That ring....

Cut to Kazusa in a cafe with Setsuna, lying to her in an attempt to protect her. Ugh. But, Setsuna knows. Kazusa said she loved Setsuna (as a friend), and I think that's the source of all of her botch attempts to keep things okay between Setsuna and Haruki. She was being really strong....

Then we finally get the straight of it from Setsuna. She saw Kazusa kiss Haruki on the concert night.

Talk about a twist on everything that's happened until now. What the crap. And then she tried to keep them all together despite that? What did she think was going to happen? How did she picture that ending? I know it's not all her fault, because Haruki and Kazusa have made some pretty bad decisions too, but ugh. ._.;

Takeya seems like a good friend. He was really trying hard to keep Haruki from screwing things up with Setsuna... When he tried to stop him from running, Setsuna smiled. I wonder, was she glad Haruki hesitated, or was she glad he wanted to go after Kazusa?

Kazusa tried to pull a fast one. It was a bittersweet humor, seeing her out at those swings. I'm glad Haruki found her, because he's basically ended it with Setsuna. That hug. That kiss. (I usually don't like a lot of kissing, but this show seems to pull it off the right way.)

It isn't over 'till it's over, though. One episode left.

...Maybe we'll finally hear that song of Haruki's. I think it might be called "White Album 2". No?

Edit: For everyone hating on Setsuna, keep in mind that although she was "intruding", she got full permission from Kasuza before pursuing Haruki any further. While I do think it was a bit underhanded, it was a mistake, and she admits that it was a mistake. There were a lot of mistakes made here, so don't try to place all of the blame on one person.

As much as I dislike the cheating stuff, I hope Haruki at least ends up with one of them. It would be a bittersweet ending rather than a sad one if two of them are together at the end....
TripleSRankJun 18, 2014 12:05 AM
Jun 23, 2014 11:23 PM
Mar 2014
after watch this episode. i feel like i don't want to watch the last episode.. i just got feeling something bad is happen..haha...please let haruki and touma loved each other...they are perfect couple...
Jul 14, 2014 8:05 PM

Sep 2013
Haruki had just officially made my "least favorite character" list. I bet touma fans are rejoicing right now while im here feeling like shit.

I dont really get why Setsuna is getting so much unjustified hate. Pretty much all the people who hate her are the hardcore touma shippers. Yes, she did get in between those two bitches but her intentions are pure and she obviously regrets it. I have nothing against touma, she's hasnt done anything wrong really. But seriously, I dont like haruki, cheating is wrong. Yes, this happens in real life and so you can say this is realistic, but this is not something I want to see in anime. I deeply regret watching this show though its obviously too late.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Jul 14, 2014 10:30 PM

Jun 2014
AsianKungFu said:
Haruki had just officially made my "least favorite character" list. I bet touma fans are rejoicing right now while im here feeling like shit.

I dont really get why Setsuna is getting so much unjustified hate. Pretty much all the people who hate her are the hardcore touma shippers. Yes, she did get in between those two bitches but her intentions are pure and she obviously regrets it. I have nothing against touma, she's hasnt done anything wrong really. But seriously, I dont like haruki, cheating is wrong. Yes, this happens in real life and so you can say this is realistic, but this is not something I want to see in anime. I deeply regret watching this show though its obviously too late.

She gets no hate from me. I just love Kazusa Toumo much more because of her complexity.

Aug 16, 2014 12:56 AM

Aug 2013
Baka Haruki. I don't have anything else to say.
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 13, 2014 4:39 PM

Jul 2014
this is the most intense love triangle i've ever watched
Jan 4, 2015 7:18 AM
Nov 2013
Wait, can anybody explain what Takeya was talking about when he slipped in a few things about himself while giving Haruki advice? He said "Don't end up like me and make me sad" or something like that.
I don't really get what he meant by that.
I've been looking all around the internet and nobody seems to even mention anything about this instance.
Feb 27, 2015 5:36 AM

Jan 2013
Rolling my eyes so hard I thought I was looking at my own prostate
Mar 5, 2015 8:44 AM

Sep 2011
"I really loved you, so when you chose Setsuna instead it hurt me."
OMG. You didn't even tell him your feelings and just played tsuntsun every time you met! How do you think he should have known? From that creepy kiss while he slept? What an asshole that Haruki is, for not noticing he was kissed during his sleep...
At least Setsuna showed some signs of liking Haruki...

Also, Haruki should have at least be a man and break up with Setsuna first.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

100 by GingZ »»
Feb 27, 2:47 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.