Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 18, 2015 6:08 PM

Nov 2013
Takiya_Oomine said:
umineko just finish chapter 1

Nice, just finished the first book, which took a solid 50 hours XD. Moving on to Umineko Chiru. So far the Umineko series is extremely good, on par with Rewrite for me.
"Knowing love isn't a regret that ties you to life. It is the place we should reach on our journey through life."

Feb 21, 2015 4:30 AM

Feb 2012
I'm reading Dies Irae, the Acta Est Fabula release to be specific. Pretty awesome so far, I'm just a bit into Marie's route and already I can see why Masada is the king of chuuni. If only FSN had had as good writing as Dies it would have been truly amazing.
Feb 21, 2015 4:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Started reading WA2 on wednesday. It's like a mixture of School Days, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Suzuka or something but I kinda like it... though it's definitely far from perfect mind you.

About 27 hours into it or so thus far
Feb 23, 2015 4:08 PM

May 2010
As of now, Steins;Gate, completed Rumiho's route (the second one) a few days ago.

It is good, can't deny it, but it's not "outstanding", at least for now. Obviously my main problem is with the side routes, which have potential but are brushed off real quick. I hope that at least Mayuri gets a proper route, she's one of the two main girls after all...
Feb 23, 2015 4:34 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
As of now, Steins;Gate, completed Rumiho's route (the second one) a few days ago.

It is good, can't deny it, but it's not "outstanding", at least for now. Obviously my main problem is with the side routes, which have potential but are brushed off real quick. I hope that at least Mayuri gets a proper route, she's one of the two main girls after all...
S;G really only is about the true route (which is what the anime adapted). The side routes are mostly just bonuses

Though there is a certain part in Mayuri's route which I really think they could've included in the anime because it was awesome :>
Feb 23, 2015 6:12 PM

Mar 2009
HaXXspetten said:
Started reading WA2 on wednesday. It's like a mixture of School Days, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Suzuka or something but I kinda like it... though it's definitely far from perfect mind you.

You might actually pass me on that, as I've only finished one route in CC so far~
Feb 23, 2015 11:45 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Potatoo said:
HaXXspetten said:

You might actually pass me on that, as I've only finished one route in CC so far~
I'll be done by tonight, just have the last route of Coda left
Feb 24, 2015 2:29 AM

May 2010
HaXXspetten said:
S;G really only is about the true route (which is what the anime adapted). The side routes are mostly just bonuses

Though there is a certain part in Mayuri's route which I really think they could've included in the anime because it was awesome :>

Well yeeeah, I'm pretty aware of that, but after all I'm mostly interested in content which wasn't shown in anime. As long as I have fun playing it I won't complain tho :D
Feb 24, 2015 9:57 AM

Nov 2012
Kono Yo no Hate de Koi wo Utau Shoujo YU-NO

Just 1 hour into it
Mar 2, 2015 3:38 PM

Oct 2013
stated playing Deardrops yesterday might finish it bye today or tomorrow.
Mar 28, 2015 6:47 PM

Feb 2012
Started Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai! recently, finished Momo and Yukie's routes now moving onto Wanko's route!

Enjoying it so far! =3=
Apr 4, 2015 10:29 PM

Aug 2013
the original muv luv
huh
Apr 9, 2015 6:25 PM

Nov 2009
Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo.

~From Brazil
Apr 10, 2015 6:51 PM

May 2010
Da Capo

So average it hurts, and the characters are pretty cute :/ Why is the story so boooriiiing
Apr 11, 2015 5:21 AM

Mar 2009
Kitsu-nee said:
Da Capo

So average it hurts, and the characters are pretty cute :/ Why is the story so boooriiiing
+rep if you manage to finish all the routes (this coming from someone who has only read of its mediocrity)
Apr 11, 2015 5:39 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Manjuu said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Da Capo

+rep if you manage to finish all the routes (this coming from someone who has only read of its mediocrity)
I dropped it pretty fast too
Apr 11, 2015 8:30 AM

May 2010
HaXXspetten said:
Manjuu said:

Just wait and you'll see, I haven't gain my 'miss never-drops-anything' nickname for nothing!
Apr 11, 2015 9:03 AM

Jan 2009
Manjuu said:
Kitsu-nee said:
Da Capo

I've managed to read all routes from Muv-Luv Extra and believe me, Da Capo is still better in that regard. The major problem is that it's too much of a dating game with too many repetitive choices.
Storywise, Da Capo I.F. ~ Innocent Finale ~ is much better, especially if you like Kotori, though Nemu wasn't that bad either, but as a route, I prefer Kotori's in D.C. I.F.

There are also some references to other Circus titles like Suika, which I plan to finish someday.

I'm currently reading Da Capo II (aside from FSN that I have yet to finish) btw., however, I'm going to use a walkthrough for that one as well and I would recommend doing the same.
Apr 11, 2015 9:04 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Kitsu-nee said:
HaXXspetten said:

Just wait and you'll see, I haven't gain my 'miss never-drops-anything' nickname for nothing!
I still have that title for anime/manga/LNs but VNs take soooo much time if you play all the shit tier ones as well
Apr 11, 2015 10:45 AM

May 2010
Noboru said:
I've managed to read all routes from Muv-Luv Extra and believe me, Da Capo is still better in that regard. The major problem is that it's too much of a dating game with too many repetitive choices.

Yeah, that's one thing, choosing where to eat lunch and where to hang after school gets repetitive so fast... But my another problem with it is that even though 'dramati love triangle' is supposed to be one of main points of this title, barely anything happens related to it. I'm not saying I was expecting yandere mode on or sth, but definitely mroe than one or two scenes with jealous Nemu... Disappointed much.

I'll keep on playing it though, as I don't hate the heroines, completed Sakura's route and now playing Kotori's. I'll definitely check I.F. out when I'm done with D.C., Kotori is my second favourite character after all.

HaXXspetten said:
Kitsu-nee said:

I still have that title for anime/manga/LNs but VNs take soooo much time if you play all the shit tier ones as well

I know want you mean, but like I said, D.C. is just average. Nothing particulary bad in it, maybe it's slightly boring, but I really like the art and such. And my votes judging by my vndb account are - 7.00, so I guess I tend to play average vns for some uknown reason. My ratings in manga/anime are definitely higher.
Apr 11, 2015 12:55 PM

Jan 2009
Kitsu-nee said:
But my another problem with it is that even though 'dramati love triangle' is supposed to be one of main points of this title, barely anything happens related to it.
Where have you heard that? I can't find it either in the short description on VNDB, nor on Wikipedia.
I had simply read about something like " Most of the main stories revolve around the magical unwilting sakura tree, it's powers and mystical connection to the main characters." and expected nothing more or less than that.

I'll keep on playing it though, as I don't hate the heroines, completed Sakura's route and now playing Kotori's. I'll definitely check I.F. out when I'm done with D.C., Kotori is my second favourite character after all.
Yeah, the heroines (including the character design) were a major reason for me to keep going and it also has quite the remarkable soundtrack. Even if it wasn't the best title I've read, I'm getting kind of nostalgic just hearing this soundtrack:

Kotori was my second favorite heroine in D.C. as well, while Nemu was my first. One of the best little sisters I've ever seen :3
Apr 11, 2015 8:27 PM

May 2010
Noboru said:
Where have you heard that? I can't find it either in the short description on VNDB, nor on Wikipedia.
I had simply read about something like " Most of the main stories revolve around the magical unwilting sakura tree, it's powers and mystical connection to the main characters." and expected nothing more or less than that.

Well, it might be silly but it had that real big tag on the vndb, so I thought there has to be more of it :D I've also seen anime before, and, from what I remember at least, love triangle played the most important role there, that's where I've taken my expectations from.

I also love the track you posted, definitely my favourite one, reminds me of good, old Kanon <3 The bgm in the vn is kinda weird though, the pauses between one track when it's ending and starting the same one from the begining are a little too long and because of that kinda awkward, never had that problem with any vn before.

It's really a shame Kotori doesn't have any songs in it, but I still prefer her voice by Yui Horie, rather the one in the English version. My no.1 favourite is Sakura, sasuga cute blond loli. Though she is even better in D.C.II :3
Apr 12, 2015 9:19 AM

Jan 2009
Kitsu-nee said:
Noboru said:

Well, it might be silly but it had that real big tag on the vndb, so I thought there has to be more of it :D I've also seen anime before, and, from what I remember at least, love triangle played the most important role there, that's where I've taken my expectations from.

I also love the track you posted, definitely my favourite one, reminds me of good, old Kanon <3 The bgm in the vn is kinda weird though, the pauses between one track when it's ending and starting the same one from the begining are a little too long and because of that kinda awkward, never had that problem with any vn before.

It's really a shame Kotori doesn't have any songs in it, but I still prefer her voice by Yui Horie, rather the one in the English version. My no.1 favourite is Sakura, sasuga cute blond loli. Though she is even better in D.C.II :3

You're right, I haven't noticed it, since I tend to ignore the tags xD
I've also completed the Anime first before I've finished the VN and from how I see it, they've just tried to make it a bit more exciting in the adaption by exaggerating the relationship triangle.

My favorite BGM track was #18 in the extra menu. I don't know how it's called, though, and I haven't found it on YT. Yeah, that's something that has been irritating me as well.
Kanon is definitely high-ranking, too <3
Like this track composed by Orito Shinji:

You mean her voice actor in the Anime as opposed to the one in the VN? Personally, I hadn't really noticed that much of a difference when I was reading Da Capo. But Horie Yui was definitely fitting as well for her role.
Hehe, Sakura is a nice loli, even though hearing "onii-chan" all the time can be irritating as well, so I have to admit: she's better when she doesn't play the main role :3
Apr 15, 2015 4:16 AM

Dec 2013
Recently finished NekoPara

Now i think i might play If My Heart Had Wings, if Hyperdimension Neptunia doesn't count because it's more turn based RPG than Visual Novel
Apr 20, 2015 4:07 AM

Aug 2013
Just finished muv luv alternative l am in tears
huh
Apr 20, 2015 5:29 AM

Oct 2014
Symphonic Rain.
Apr 20, 2015 6:59 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Started Eien no Aselia on Saturday evening, probably the best SRPG gameplay I've ever seen in a VN. Also interesting that they actually made their own fantasy language voiced in the beginning

Don't really care much for the story or the characters though but that's kind of secondary for these kinds of games anyway
Apr 26, 2015 3:49 PM

Mar 2015
Just started a tiny bit of Steins;Gate. Going to hold off on visual novels until summer break.
May 12, 2015 1:47 AM

Mar 2009
Currently reading Umineko no Naku Koro ni, actually started it sometime ago but this time, I'm reading it with intentions of finishing through to the end from scratch.
May 17, 2015 11:07 PM

Mar 2012
Reading Grisaia no Kaijutsu, I'm about 25 hours in and it's pretty great so far. The protagonist is epic, it'd be great if there were more like him.
May 18, 2015 10:02 PM
Mar 2015
Hai guys! Just saw this club and decided to join cause VNs are awesome!

Currently Playing:
- My Girlfriend is the President Fandisc
- Planetarium ~The reverie of a little planet~
- Steins;Gate
May 18, 2015 11:31 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Finished Hatsuyuki Sakura last night; I'm considering starting Soukoku no Arterial within the next few days and see how that goes. Will probably take an eternity to finish but I may as well start earlier rather than later if so
May 19, 2015 12:46 AM

Mar 2009
HaXXspetten said:
Finished Hatsuyuki Sakura last night; I'm considering starting Soukoku no Arterial within the next few days and see how that goes. Will probably take an eternity to finish but I may as well start earlier rather than later if so
Why not a nukige
-rep
[spoiler]Although Eushully games don't need to be nukige to be fapworthy anyway
May 19, 2015 12:51 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Manjuu said:
HaXXspetten said:
Why not a nukige
-rep
Who said I'm not doing any nukiges as well? ^.^
May 19, 2015 1:24 AM

Mar 2009
HaXXspetten said:
Manjuu said:
Why not a nukige
-rep
Who said I'm not doing any nukiges as well? ^.^
You do nukiges?
-rep
Nukiges do me.
May 25, 2015 9:20 AM

May 2010
Started Shin Seiki Evangelion: Koutetsu no Girlfriend and completed Asuka's route for now. Eh, it's not that good compared to anime and manga, but I had to check it out because of the translation.

Might as well pick up some recent moege, I'm getting tired of the older ones.
May 27, 2015 1:45 AM

Mar 2009
I'm curious as to whether you did finish Da Capo.
May 27, 2015 3:22 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Da Capo is the epitome of mediocreness
May 28, 2015 1:49 AM

May 2010
Manjuu said:

I'm still going strong! I've completed 4 routes so far, and the secret routes are said to be the best, so I'm nowhere near dropping it. But yeah, I was getting a bit tired because of it's mediocrity...

So I started Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet, after all these recommendations I hope for something with actual (decent) plot :D
May 31, 2015 7:44 AM

Mar 2009
Kitsu-nee said:
Manjuu said:

I'm still going strong! I've completed 4 routes so far, and the secret routes are said to be the best, so I'm nowhere near dropping it. But yeah, I was getting a bit tired because of it's mediocrity...

So I started Eden* They Were Only Two, On The Planet, after all these recommendations I hope for something with actual (decent) plot :D
Wow. I definitely salute you for that o7
Secret... routes? Now I am 0.7953% more inclined to read it because of that information~
May 31, 2015 11:59 AM

Apr 2012
Just played and dropped amagami
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jun 4, 2015 9:35 AM

Nov 2013
FSN, first one I am playing. Has been so long I had it around (at least the fate route) and never bothered (found the beginning too slow). I sad down on my bed yesterday and managed to go much further, enough to make me want to finish it, so here I am.
Jun 15, 2015 7:22 AM

Feb 2015
Akaya Akashiya Ayakashino.
Nekopara.
Pigeon Blood.
CHAOS;HEAD.
Jun 17, 2015 9:32 AM

Nov 2014
Wanko to Kurasou
Jun 17, 2015 12:26 PM

May 2010
Disappointed with Eden* decided to read Moon. Pretty fun so far... dat overwhelming rape tho (ಠ_ಠ)
Jun 20, 2015 6:26 AM
Mar 2012
Recently finished The Fruit of Grisaia.
Jun 21, 2015 4:57 AM

Mar 2009
I'm amazed I actually finished Umineko just a little over a month.

It goes without typing that I'd be reading Chiru next.
Jun 25, 2015 3:51 AM

May 2015
I just finished Rose Guns Days a few days ago. I'm planning to finish I/O Revision 2 and continue Fate/Stay Night from where I dropped it.
Jun 28, 2015 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsu-nee said:
Disappointed with Eden* decided to read Moon. Pretty fun so far... dat overwhelming rape tho (ಠ_ಠ)

It's hard to believe that Moon was made by the same guys who are now working for Key.
Jun 28, 2015 12:12 PM

May 2010
OneManArmy said:
Kitsu-nee said:

It's hard to believe that Moon was made by the same guys who are now working for Key.

Totally! I wouldn't have guessed if I wasn't aware of it before.
Honestly speaking, it wasn't that bad, I liked the creepy atmosphere, Ikumi's complex personality and some of the mindfucks :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Top 5 VNs ( 1 2 3 )

AltriaPendragon - Jun 2, 2013

120 by Fischer77 »»
Jan 28, 2023 5:49 PM

» Top 10 Heroines from all the VN's you have read?

Riptos - Jun 23, 2021

1 by UIGodFather »»
Jul 3, 2021 7:19 AM

» Member Birthday List ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Mar 8, 2011

126 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Apr 23, 2021 4:51 PM

» Visual Novel Data Base Account ( 1 2 3 )

removed-user - Jan 29, 2011

106 by removed-user »»
Apr 14, 2021 4:50 PM

Poll: » Favorite VN Developers

lmisohax - Nov 17, 2015

13 by Disapeared_Ghost »»
Feb 21, 2021 5:13 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.