Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Golden Time Episode 9. The Person That Caused Banri's Accident Theory/Discussion.

New
Nov 29, 2013 3:20 PM

Nov 2013
Hey everyone! I just recently watched episode 9 of Golden Time and I wanted to share my theory of who caused Banri to lose his memories. I could be entirely wrong, or completely right, but that's fun of theorizing. Anyways I suspect that the guy that Linda's Brother's fiance was hooking up with every now and then to be person that caused Banri's accident on the bridge. The reason I thought this, was that after Linda was done confronting the Brother's fiance, the man she was hooking up with was continuing to watch Banri and Linda. That's what I think, feel free to post your own theory on the topic. :P

- I stupidly posted this in the wrong thread/section earlier. Thanks to RockerXD for pointing me in the right place.
Jynx8o8Nov 29, 2013 3:56 PM
Nov 29, 2013 4:42 PM

Oct 2009
Well, its possible.
How can someone in a bike with lights on pass through that bridge and did not see that someone was there?
And of course, there's the thing that he kept going without stopping so it might have been that guy getting revenge even tho we dont know what happened between Linda's Brother and his fiancé after the confrontation.

I havent read the LN, im just watching the anime so i dont even know if they're gonna focus on who caused the accident. For now this is all we got.
Nov 30, 2013 2:29 AM

Oct 2013
I think it was Linda that caused that accident. If you look at the flashback of Banri's accident, the one that hit Banri was a scooter and similar to the scooter Linda has when she was outside the hospital at night. Plus Linda was saying it was her fault that Banri got in an accident for being late. My theory is that Linda was hurrying to the bridge since she was late. Being late, she went faster and faster in her scooter so she could arrive quickly but her brake might have stopped working so she couldn't stop and accidentally collided with Banri.
Nov 30, 2013 5:56 AM
Jul 2013
-Riptide- said:
I think it was Linda that caused that accident. If you look at the flashback of Banri's accident, the one that hit Banri was a scooter and similar to the scooter Linda has when she was outside the hospital at night. Plus Linda was saying it was her fault that Banri got in an accident for being late. My theory is that Linda was hurrying to the bridge since she was late. Being late, she went faster and faster in her scooter so she could arrive quickly but her brake might have stopped working so she couldn't stop and accidentally collided with Banri.

That's one interesting theory, and it's entirely possible, but I think the former theory seems a bit more plausible in this situation. Of course, if what you said was true, then we would be quite spoiled. xD
"There is no love greater than when he lays down his life for his friends."..... It seems I am not a good lover.
Nov 30, 2013 6:10 AM

Aug 2012
I don't think that the man had any direct involvement in Tada's accident.

My theory is the same with Riptide, but as an addition, the reason why Linda was late was because of that man.
Nov 30, 2013 12:07 PM

Dec 2011
Even though he looks suspicious I feel like that man was just a red herring and I think Riptide's theory is more plausible.
Nov 30, 2013 1:39 PM

Jul 2013
Forgetfulness said:
What if...it was just an accident and the person on the scooter doesn't matter?

The guy in ep 9 would have to do some serious stalking to even pull that off. It couldn't have been just a random hit-and-run because there was no way the person on the scooter could have identified Banri on the bridge
Also, potentially killing somebody over that is rather childish if you ask me.

Linda had planned to send someone to hit him off the bridge so she wouldnt have to reject him.

quite brilliant really. but the hitman wont ever appear again, so it wont matter.
Nov 30, 2013 1:57 PM

Nov 2013
-Riptide- said:

Damn never thought about it in this manner. Nice theory dude.
Nov 30, 2013 2:03 PM

Oct 2011
hmm I would have thought that Linda's brother used Linda's scooter to hit Banri. After that incident with the fiance. He saw him and Linda being a couple and plot his revenge. Using Linda's scooter to cause his "accident." Framing Linda in the process. But he didn't account for Banri to be alive and having amnesia.
Nov 30, 2013 2:05 PM
Nov 2008
From the beginning I've never doubted about "linda's guilt" I'm pretty sure the one on the scooter was linda, if someone can find a screenshot (the first time his accident is told). The pilot looks like her (red hair...), it's very brief but it definitely looks like her..
Nov 30, 2013 2:15 PM

Oct 2011
Thepooh said:
From the beginning I've never doubted about "linda's guilt" I'm pretty sure the one on the scooter was linda, if someone can find a screenshot (the first time his accident is told). The pilot looks like her (red hair...), it's very brief but it definitely looks like her..

Here you go

http://i41.tinypic.com/2rzbdrs.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/2daesnm.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/25a87c2.jpg

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ez4sxx.jpg
Nov 30, 2013 3:49 PM
Dec 2011
Thepooh said:

ya even in the scene where she's at the hospital with the flashlight the same scooter that hit him is sitting right there. I'm 85% sure she hit him and is feeling too guilty to admit her fault. He's starting to remember his past tho...
Nov 30, 2013 6:36 PM

Jun 2012
I think he jumped himself when Linda didn't turn up. He was going to jump on the episode Koko confessed to him which shows suicide is something he's capable of. He also seemed pretty depressed in the other flashbacks.
Shoot first, think never.
Nov 30, 2013 7:01 PM

Jul 2013
Open-Dice said:
I think he jumped himself when Linda didn't turn up. He was going to jump on the episode Koko confessed to him which shows suicide is something he's capable of. He also seemed pretty depressed in the other flashbacks.

uhm.

theres definitely proof that someone nocked him off.

even if he wouldve jumped.
Nov 30, 2013 8:23 PM

Nov 2013
It wouldn't be weird if Linda was the one who caused Banri to fall off the bridge, but I still think it could possibly be fiance's master. Since we don't have much evidence since the anime is still on-going. I believe they could be foreshadowing the accident with that man,there's so much focus on him in this episode. I'd also like to point out Banri looked pretty upset when Linda said to delete the evidence, this leads me to believe that he might still have some motive to do something of his own free will to expose the fiance cheating, or maybe the guy in the window has nothing to with it xD. That's why I love theorizing, it's all fun.
Jynx8o8Nov 30, 2013 8:30 PM
Mar 13, 2014 11:00 PM
Mar 2014
About Banri actually jumping off the bridge. I'm wondering... has anyone actually read the light novel? like did he actually jump off in the light novel, and they just made it an accident on the anime to keep it PG-13?
Mar 14, 2014 2:32 AM

May 2009
afidelemmanuel said:
About Banri actually jumping off the bridge. I'm wondering... has anyone actually read the light novel? like did he actually jump off in the light novel, and they just made it an accident on the anime to keep it PG-13?

I read spoilers from last novel and the person who hit Banri on that bridge
Jun 4, 2014 12:35 PM
Apr 2013
bastek66 said:
afidelemmanuel said:

I read spoilers from last novel and the person who hit Banri on that bridge

Damn, you got me. And honestly, I think is was Linda.
May 12, 2016 12:34 PM
Feb 2016
Those r really awesome theories that u guys formed but sadly u guys did it 3 years ago and I can't discuss it ..here I am,completed golden time in the year 2016T_T
Mar 19, 2017 5:33 PM
Dec 2016
Spriggan01 said:
Those r really awesome theories that u guys formed but sadly u guys did it 3 years ago and I can't discuss it ..here I am,completed golden time in the year 2016T_T

I'm reading them now as well XD I know that feel man
Aug 3, 2017 10:05 PM

May 2017
I respect your theories, but I personally think that it was Linda that hit Banri with the scooter.
SAD REALITY ......
悲しい現実 ......
Aug 17, 2017 9:03 PM
Jul 2016
Maybe hallucination because its foggy he's overthinking Linda's reply that he thought there's a bike then he jumped XD. And ya Linda can be the one. The criminal always go check the victim. When she knows he got amnesia she said its ok "he doesn't remember no proof"
Jul 13, 2020 1:26 AM

Sep 2009
Just some random stranger who knocks him off...
Linda is guilty but scare to see him because she supposes to meet him to answer for the confession...
Oct 12, 2020 11:20 AM
Oct 2020
i finished watching episode 9 and if you think about it and can be linda's brother's fiance's boyfreind and banri saved linda because the entire time they were being watched by him and, maybe the fiance still did end up marrying linda's brother and the boyfreind got mad because they exposed them so he went out to run them over but he didnt see linda's face so he couldnt go after linda but since he saw banri's face he followed him and made his move.
Dec 17, 2020 9:53 PM
Dec 2020
Jynx8o8 said:
Hey everyone! I just recently watched episode 9 of Golden Time and I wanted to share my theory of who caused Banri to lose his memories. I could be entirely wrong, or completely right, but that's fun of theorizing. Anyways I suspect that the guy that Linda's Brother's fiance was hooking up with every now and then to be person that caused Banri's accident on the bridge. The reason I thought this, was that after Linda was done confronting the Brother's fiance, the man she was hooking up with was continuing to watch Banri and Linda. That's what I think, feel free to post your own theory on the topic. :P

- I stupidly posted this in the wrong thread/section earlier. Thanks to RockerXD for pointing me in the right place.
You could be very right about this imean the look that he gave banri shows lots of anger for finding out the truth
Jan 1, 2021 10:54 PM
Oct 2020
[quote=Jynx8o8 message=26659747]Hey everyone! I just recently watched episode 9 of Golden Time and I wanted to share my theory of who caused Banri to lose his memories. I could be entirely wrong, or completely right, but that's fun of theorizing. Anyways I suspect that the guy that Linda's Brother's fiance was hooking up with every now and then to be person that caused Banri's accident on the bridge. The reason I thought this, was that after Linda was done confronting the Brother's fiance, the man she was hooking up with was continuing to watch Banri and Linda. That's what I think, feel free to post your own theory on the topic. :P

Yessss I have the same thoughts, I watched this months ago and I still wanna know I want to be him and more to the story. Does the manga go into it or is there gonna be a seconds season?? I wasn’t a fan of the drama (I don’t really like that) but shitttt is watch another season to find out who the “killer” was cuz what if the “killer” stopped cuz Banri lost his memory and since he got it back he might try to kill him again?? Yo I’m getting goosebumps I wanna know!!
Apr 8, 2021 7:54 AM
Apr 2021
[quote=Jynx8o8 message=26659747]Hey everyone! I just recently watched episode 9 of Golden Time and I wanted to share my theory of who caused Banri to lose his memories. I could be entirely wrong, or completely right, but that's fun of theorizing. Anyways I suspect that the guy that Linda's Brother's fiance was hooking up with every now and then to be person that caused Banri's accident on the bridge. The reason I thought this, was that after Linda was done confronting the Brother's fiance, the man she was hooking up with was continuing to watch Banri and Linda. That's what I think, feel free to post your own theory on the topic. :P

- I stupidly posted this in the wrong thread/section earlier. Thanks to RockerXD for pointing me in the right place

Man I wish I heard about this anime when it came out, it’s just so good to watch.

I agree. I think it was the man that Linda’s brother’s fiancé was having an affair with as some type of revenge for her ending the affair.

And that Linda, arriving late, was the one who found Banri, and the reason she feels so guilty and says it’s her fault is because she thinks that he must’ve thought she wasn’t coming to meet him and jumped off the bridge in an attempt to end his life.

A bit of a dark turn I know, but I just don’t think that Linda could be the one that hit him as she knew he’d be on the bridge and the anime shows the person to just keep riding away.
Apr 19, 2021 9:58 AM
Apr 2021
I mostly believe it's Linda base on her behavior: Why wouldn't you care or even refuse to fall in love again if she wasn't guity about something bigger that being late. While never saying it, her panic attack about remebering this event is very revealing of a trauma rather then just a little guilt. It would also be an awsome reason to refuse Banri feeling knowing that she is the cause of all his suffering.
Aug 9, 2021 12:49 AM
May 2021
I think it could be one of two theories, and unfortunately, the novel/manga doesn't say who it was.

1. Linda's brother's fiancee's lover (Fuck, that's a mouthful.) When Linda when to go confront her, the lover was watching from his window while Banri was guarding the car, foreshadowing what might have led to the bridge incident.

2. Linda. As it was stated in a much earlier post, she might have sped through because she was running late, knocking off or Banri had to force himself to jump to get out of the way, but jumps off the bridge, thus causing the amnesia.
Aug 16, 2021 10:01 PM
Aug 2021
Ok here me out, I have two theories

1:
What if Banri had jumped off the bridge to avoid the person on the scooter, and Linda is feeling guilty because she was the reason that Banri was out that late and thought that if she was there earlier he wouldn't have had that injury. (But if this were to happen we wouldn't have the story of Golden Time)

2:
What if Banri was going to jump off the bridge because he thought that Linda was not going to show up, but when he saw the lights from the scooter and possibly Linda show up, he got startled/excited and tried calling out for her but accidentally fell off the bridge, and now Linda feels guilty because if she had arrived earlier none of this would have happened and Banri wouldn't have had the injury, and maybe this is why she had a panic attack thinking back about the day of Banri's accident
Oct 9, 2021 10:56 PM
Oct 2021
the flashback on ep 9 the guy Linda’s brothers fiancé was cheating on him with is the one who hit tada,I believe he got angry when he saw them so he followed them until Linda left them he saw tada go to the bridge so he drove and hit tada off the bridge with his scooter bike so I agree with jynx808
Dec 15, 2021 9:34 PM
Oct 2016
I do like the Linda theory that she maybe responsible for nearly killing Banri. However, the issue is that throughout the anime, there's no indication of remorse of accidentally hurting Banri. Unless Linda is sociopath, then that would make sense. Also, Linda seems fairly honest and I don't see why she would keep it a secret from Banri that she's the one who almost killed him.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

891 by Nikmomo93 »»
May 6, 5:30 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 5, 2013

290 by Profitgang »»
May 5, 8:47 AM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.