Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 25, 2013 1:03 AM

May 2013
heiqi1hu said:
At times like this, I just kinda dislike Setsuna grabbing Haruki in the music room. Scheming girl...haa...

Sometimes, I think Setsuna's a bit childish.

Haruki is so stupid, he obviously likes Touma.

this +1
Dec 30, 2013 10:03 AM

Oct 2013
Haruki, you lucky man! :)
Dec 30, 2013 11:01 PM

Aug 2011
Haruki must've had a boner during the hotspring event. That lucky bastard. XD
Jan 3, 2014 12:08 AM
Apr 2011
smh @ Haruki's situation
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Jan 3, 2014 3:32 AM
Feb 2009
pretty chill
Jan 19, 2014 6:50 AM

Sep 2008
So glad Haruki is a good MC.

The anime seems to be progressing a lot despite there still being so many episodes left.
Jan 19, 2014 6:08 PM
Jul 2018
Haruki, that damn bastard... I kind of feel bad for that other guy (forgot his name) in the club, he missed out on some real fun! Hard luck, dude.
This was a nice episode, as many people have mentioned, there was no drama, which I kind of liked. It was just a fun, heartwarming episode. And Touma is being a really good friend to Setsuna. She hasn't shown any sign of jealousy to Setsuna being a couple with Haruki.

I feel like some big drama is coming their way, though. Looking forward to watching the next ep.
Feb 1, 2014 12:08 PM

Aug 2013
Seriously, Haruki is such a lucky and unlucky guy at the same. He have two girls clinging up to him, but it's such an awkward and ifficult situation to deal with. Even more that Setsuna really seem to want him to admit his feeling about Touma.

I guess one more episode before their relationship crumble appart.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 15, 2014 11:38 AM

Jun 2009
I don't know why but I just can't really get into this. My head says "yeah, this show is pretty good" but my feels say "Somehow I don't care about what happens to them". :/
Apr 18, 2014 5:45 PM

May 2012
That ending <3 Pretty nice hot spring episode if I say so myself :3
Jun 6, 2014 1:32 AM

Jan 2012
Loved this. Before the kiss, I felt like Haruki liked Toumo for sure - there were so many little clues, little looks - and it's good to see that wasn't just fake suspense.

I feel like they'll show that scene of her teaching him guitar and that's when we'll find out that he's liked her ever since

That's my story and I'm holding to it
Jun 17, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2011
Well, that was an unexpected calm.

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are parental vibes going on here (with Setsuna as the "child")?

Speaking of Setsuna, I'm not sure I "get" her. First she was super jealous/clingy, now she's gone into the opposite extreme... to the point of making Touma get in the hot tub with herself and Haruki. I'm going to lol if this ends with Haruki somehow getting both girls. It would decrease the quality of the show, but it'd be funny.

Anyway, to be a bit more serious, Haruki is pretty indecisive. He clearly likes Touma, but she's making it hard for him to tell how she feels. It's quite obvious with Setsuna, on the other hand, and he apparently as least has an infatuation with her. It's hard to tell how this will end. I get the feeling this calm situation won't last long, regardless.

I'm glad he's a modest guy... unlike a few people in here. I know it's a show, but what the crap guys? Females are people too. Please lay aside your fantasy of being in a hot tub with two girls like that for a moment and be a tad realistic about it. If you're decent, it'd either be really awkward, or you wouldn't be thinking about it in those ways. <.<;

Cool episode. Although there's a lot of tension, I think that episode is going to help take the edge off of whatever drama is coming, for me anyway.
Jul 12, 2014 1:57 PM
Jan 2010
Did anyone else notice the swastika on the map at 11.05?
Jul 18, 2014 2:11 AM

Jan 2012
All this build up.... I thought they were gonna pull the 'car accident' card at first, but I'm glad they didn't. Hopefully the climax won't disappoint. Hard to come by decent anime nowadays.

I liked the first White Album so.. I'm hopeful that I'm not wasting my time with this one

Also...

Touma > Setsuna since Ep 1

just sayin'....

Prediction:

Touma's mom came to get her to move to Paris. The MC decided to stop her from going at the last min (airpot scene of some sort). Touma reciprocate the feeling she had for him all slong. Setsuna = heartbroken but she knew it was inevitable. Then they all grow up and move on with Touma, MC, and Setsuna leading different lives but still friends...

or some big accident happen, and we get to see a Kimi ga Nozomu Eien rip-off.

I'm hoping it's not either of those....

Though in the preview from first EP, there is a scene where Touma and MC kissed. So, I'm more incline to think that Touma will take the initiative. But she just wanted to get the feeling off her chest even though she doesn't really want to hurt Setsuna (female logic). But Setsuna just happened to be there when they kissed and all hell broke lose. Then we get to guess who MC will pick, but he probably won't because he doesn't want to hurt any of them. The End.
flaxman85Jul 18, 2014 2:22 AM
Aug 15, 2014 11:51 AM

Aug 2013
I just got a felling... that ending will be very dramatic... it is just too calm to be true.
I'm rooting for Setsuna, I'm totally fallen with her (I'm the only one? heh. Lucky me :D).
I don't hate Kazusa, I actually like her very much, but Setsuna... <3
rsc-plAug 15, 2014 11:57 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Sep 13, 2014 2:58 PM

Jul 2014
tokeya is getting left out. though, he was never really apart of their triangle anyway. but that bath scene tho.
Dec 24, 2014 5:52 PM

Nov 2012
Oh Touma, you big troll. Give Setsuna a break.
Mar 26, 2015 10:22 PM

Nov 2014
This triangle is awkward.

Apr 25, 2015 8:08 PM

Feb 2013
Nice episode. So I guess Setsuna and Haruki are going out. I wanted Touma to win. Oh well. I feel a love triangle there. Touma is definitely hiding her feelings. It also kida looks like Haruki has some feeling for Touma.

I know Setsuna wants the three of them to stay together but to go into the hot springs together is a bit far. I'm surprised the girls were completely okay with being naked with Haruki.

"I want things to stay like this forever..." Geez, I wonder what going to happen?! I can feel bad things happening soon. For Setsuna at least.

I really like that ED.
Apr 29, 2015 6:18 AM

Nov 2011
The episode demonstrates interesting regarding the dialogues, never predictable; the narrative is slow and slow as in a SOL.
Only thing not really worthy of all this is the quality of the drawings quite enough; same for animation really the limit of decency and with a horrible CG.
Jun 14, 2015 2:44 AM

May 2015
The great thing about this anime is the drama isn't blown out of proportion and it isn't a mess (at least not yet). Most anime similar to this creates a lot of unnecessary drama so I can appreciate this anime for steering away from that especially with episodes like this.

Can anyone tell me who wrote the music in that notebook though and the importance of her getting the notebook back a couple of episodes ago? It's been on my mind a lot recently so I thought I'd ask it up now.
Jul 14, 2015 6:20 AM

Feb 2015
@hirareth_soul

Takeya gave her the notebook with music/lyrics that belonged to Haruki. His dream for a song of his to be played was in that notebook. I believe the song was made by him while he thought of Kazusa. She wanted that notebook back because it was Haruki's , because she was working on making the music for his song and because she was in love with him. That notebook was her way of being close to him without looking like a tsundere.
I think that he goes out with Setsuna only to keep her happy and sane after she told him all her friends betrayed her and stopped talking to her. Maybe he likes her a little but i am sure he does not love her.
Aug 1, 2015 12:05 PM

May 2014
That moment when you watch a love triangle imagining that you are the MC and how would you solve things out xD
Haruki sure is in a messed up situation... But it's pretty much his fault he didn't solved it earlier. This is so exciting!
Dec 24, 2015 5:32 PM

Oct 2013
Hehe that's a coincidence, watching this episode also on Christmas.

May 25, 2016 6:10 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Setsuna is painfully aware of the true feelings of the 2. That's why she insists on the being together as a group thing.

I like how this series avoids some of the repetitive clichés most rom coms have. The reactions of the characters feel natural and not stupid.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

May 5, 2017 7:15 PM

May 2010
Huh, I don't hate Setsuna, usually I'm totally into this kind of silly yet loveable cutie, but for some reason I find Kazusa to be more... relatable? She keeps her feelings to herself, not announcing them to entire world (or, possibly even to herself), but I also love her realistic and adult approach to life, especially when compared to Setsuna's "I just wanna be together~" :>

Or that she makes them spend time together, NAKED, nevertheless, when she is the one aware of Haruki's and Kazusa's feelings toward each other... Like, no way that's gonna last girl @_@

I'm not even surprised that Haruki would fall for Touma, especially since he seems to be into her coolness.
Aug 13, 2017 6:41 PM

Apr 2016
Pankaka said:
Did anyone else notice the swastika on the map at 11.05?

Three years to reply, but I just decided to pick up this series, and enjoyed it quite a bit. The "swastika" is reversed, which means it's the symbol for Buddhism. Likely the marker for a temple.

I like that the series has a lot of subtleties that are not quite as obvious until you stop to think about it. Another example is the left-hand drive BMW 5-series that Kazusa is driving. Never explained, but it's easy enough to guess that since her mom lives in France (and then Austria), the car might have belonged to her mom and imported into Japan from there. Which explains the LHD, and the fact they could not rely on the built-in GPS since it likely only had the map of Europe. Not very useful when trying to find a remote onsen in the middle of Japan...
_totoro-kun_Aug 13, 2017 6:47 PM
Dec 18, 2017 4:09 AM

Dec 2014
the hints for the love triangle...but I guess the three were getting along
Apr 3, 2018 1:22 PM

May 2016
Hmm she can anything if she tries, dream girl friend Kazusa Touma.
Apr 20, 2019 8:51 PM

Aug 2017
Look at this player. Keep up the harem. If Touma ends up winning I'll be pissed. Idols are always the charmers.

Jul 21, 2020 12:40 PM
Apr 2019
why japanese people like bath in naked ? lol the fanservice felt quite bothersome,but whatever
Aug 16, 2020 3:40 AM

Aug 2014
Woooot ;d He just saw them both naked when jumping to the onsen O.o and no fuss about it from the girls :D I can understand they bathe together, but entering without him turning away? Setsuna is plotting something...
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Feb 13, 2022 9:36 PM
Oct 2016
Somewhere out there, there's probably a threesome doujin on this episode.
Mar 17, 2023 8:32 PM

May 2019
Strong NTR vibes lol
Apr 7, 2023 2:08 PM

May 2018
It's interesting to see how Haruki reacted when Kazusa said ''what if I get a boyfriend though?'', and Setsuna immediately sees right through him:

I also love the part on the roof where Setsuna says: ''You see, this was where I first joined you two in making music, where I first forced myself in between you two''. She knows everything already, well she always knew actually, Setsuna was never a silly and innocent girl to begin with. At the same time, I wonder if Haruki and Kazusa could've formed a genuine bond with each other if it wasn't for Setsuna, the feelings between them already existed, in a platonic form, but Setsuna is probably the reason they got so close to each other, and ironically the reason everything fell apart. 

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.