Forum Settings
Forums

Anime Project for Ougyou Kawashigi's 'Jinsei' Green-lit

New
Nov 18, 2013 7:02 AM

Nov 2007
It has been announced that Ougyo Kawashigi's "Jinsei" will be receiving an anime and manga adaptation. Details of the anime adaptation will be made available at a later date.

Synopsis
Yuuki Akamatsu, who is in the Kyuumon Gakuen Second News Club, is asked to become the counselor of the club immediately after joining the club by Ayaka Nikaidou, the club leader. Three girls currently give advice to issues sent in by the students: Rino Endou from the science stream, Fumi Kujou from the literary stream, and Ikumi Suzuki from the sports stream. However, the three always have different opinions and cannot get their views to agree, so they just try things out anyway...

Source: Ougyou Kawashigi's Twitter

Jinsei on MAL
NaruleachApr 27, 2014 7:40 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 18, 2013 7:07 AM

Jan 2011
Sounds like Yahari ore no seishun.
VioLinkNov 19, 2013 7:45 PM
[center]
Nov 18, 2013 7:08 AM

Sep 2012
Almost thought the team rejected this because the announcement only said A??me adaptation. ;-) It is good that IEEE followed up with the actual announcement of an anime adaptation in his twitter.

Anyway, great news indeed.

BTW, for the title of the news thread, "Anime Project for Ougyou Kawashigi’s ‘Jinsei’ on Green-lit" reads a bit odd. Should it be "is Green-lit" instead?
symbvNov 18, 2013 7:12 AM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 18, 2013 7:11 AM

Nov 2007
Is the synopsis ok? It still feels weird for me even though I edited many times.
tsubasaloverNov 18, 2013 7:44 AM
Nov 18, 2013 7:18 AM

Sep 2012
Ooh goodie. An ecchi show where some dude solves the problems of a bunch of girls.

That's new and interesting.
Nov 18, 2013 7:20 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
Is the synopsis ok? It feels still weird for me even though I edited many times.
Perhaps "female students" are repeated too many times? And the translation of last two sentences ("He is currently helping out three different female students: Rino Endou the Science course female student, Fumi Kujou the literary course female student, and Ikumi Suzuki the PE course female student. The ideas are not always consistent that they have to try every solution together") is not quite correct.

生徒たちから寄せられた悩みに答えるのは、理系女子の遠藤梨乃、文系女子の九条ふみ、体育会系の鈴木いくみの三人。三者三様の意見はいつもまとまらずに、とりあえず実践してみることになるのだが……

Translation:

Three girls are currently giving advice to issues sent by the students: Endou Rino from science stream, Kujou Fumi from arts stream, Suzuki Ikumi from sports stream. However the three always have different opinions and cannot get their view together, and so they just try things out anyway...

Seems the guy is joining the three girls in the counseling team, and definitely not about him helping those 3 girls.

Red_Keys said:
Ooh goodie. An ecchi show where some dude solves the problems of a bunch of girls.

That's new and interesting.
Read my translation first, which has the correct translation from the Japanese synopsis.
symbvNov 18, 2013 7:24 AM

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 18, 2013 7:32 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:

Thanks symbv, I added in your translation.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Nov 18, 2013 7:32 AM

Nov 2011
Hmm, the premise sounds odd but I'll give this a try likely. Looks like it won a reward though.
Nov 18, 2013 7:40 AM

Feb 2009
Jinsei=life? And counseling teams. So life counseling probably. It could go any way I guess.
And it just started last year. This seems like a promotion for the LN.
Just noticed the illustrator is Nanase Meruchi from Nama Cream Biyori. No wonder the cover art looked familiar.
I'll give this a go perhaps when more details come out.
Nov 18, 2013 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
Wind_Sr said:
Thanks symbv, I added in your translation.
One thing: In my translation I follow the Japanese notation of putting the surname first and given name second. In tsubasalover's translation, she uses the notation of putting surname last. So currently the synopsis has a mix of two notations. Using my notation, Yuuki Akamatsu and Ayaka Nikaidou would be Akamatsu Yuuki and Nikaidou Ayaka respectively. Whichever notation you decide, I think it is best to keep the name notation consistent.

Also, the following statement in the first post is not correct

""Jinsei" is Kawashigi's debut work after receiving the Special Recognition Award at the Third Annual Shougakukan Light Novel Awards."

What the blog article said is Kawashigi debuted with 邪神大沼 Jashin Oonuma which won the Special Recognition Award at the Third Annual Shougakukan Light Novel Awards. Jinsei is NOT his debut work and it did NOT win any award.
symbvNov 18, 2013 7:49 AM

Nov 18, 2013 7:50 AM

Dec 2011
Doesn't sound like anything particularly spectacular, but worth a try at least.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 18, 2013 7:55 AM
Mar 2010
Doesn't sound like anything new...

But I'll wait for a PV as always.

If it has as much ecchi as Yu-sibu has, I'm out though.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 18, 2013 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
VioLink said:
Synopsis doesn't sound too grand, but it won a award so there must be something special to it.
Stark700 said:
Hmm, the premise sounds odd but I'll give this a try likely. Looks like it won a reward though.
No Jinsei did not win any award. His previous work, which is his debut work, won a lesser award (special recognition award) though.

Nov 18, 2013 8:05 AM

Jun 2012
If it has romance, I'm in.
Nov 18, 2013 8:09 AM

Nov 2008
i'm not sure yet
Nov 18, 2013 8:10 AM

Dec 2011
phoenixalia said:

If it has as much ecchi as Yu-sibu has, I'm out though.

Yuu-shibu is actually fairly light as ecchi series go. There's a lot of it, yes, but it's not particularly heavy ecchi stuff.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 18, 2013 8:16 AM

Nov 2008
Sounds like Medaka Box without the action and ridiculous plot.

Nov 18, 2013 8:45 AM

Mar 2012
I'm interested in this one, and really curious on which girls are the three that are mentioned. There are six volumes that I'm aware of but I don't know who is who.

http://lndb.info/light_novel/view/Jinsei
YuinaTsukinoNov 18, 2013 8:56 AM
Nov 18, 2013 9:09 AM

Jun 2008
Will this be another cute girls doing cute things? Because if it is then i'm IN!
Nov 18, 2013 9:15 AM

Nov 2007
silentlildreamer said:
I'm interested in this one, and really curious on which girls are the three that are mentioned. There are six volumes that I'm aware of but I don't know who is who.

http://lndb.info/light_novel/view/Jinsei

This is what I got so far.
Vol.1: Ayaka Nikaidou
Vol.2: Fumi Kujou
Vol.3: Ikumi Suzuki

tsubasaloverNov 19, 2013 11:39 PM
Nov 18, 2013 9:18 AM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:

This is what I got so far.
Vol.1: Ayaka Nikaidou ( w. glasses)
Vol.2: Fumi Kujou
Vol.3: Ikumi Suzuki
Got link errors for all the links above though...

Nov 18, 2013 9:22 AM

Nov 2007
symbv said:

I edited the third one, but they all work for me.
Nov 18, 2013 9:27 AM

May 2011
It doesn't sound very original but I'll give it a shot when the Anime comes out.
Nov 18, 2013 9:47 AM

Mar 2012
Alright so the first three volumes are the three girls mentioned. so i take it that the ones on volume 4 & 5 will be in the same club as well because their outfit matches the first three unlike the one on the 6th volume.
Nov 18, 2013 10:03 AM

Jul 2013
Count me interested on this.
Everything from GaGaGa lineup tends to be genuinly good.

It's this one of these "four-panel novel" ?
Nov 18, 2013 10:13 AM

Sep 2011
this sounds really bland as well as pretty boring

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 18, 2013 2:21 PM

Oct 2012
Should be good enough to watch for me. As long as the ecchi isn't too over exaggerated....

Nov 18, 2013 3:03 PM

Jan 2008
Name Cream Byori (ero artist)?

Will watch it because of this fact. w
Nov 18, 2013 3:18 PM

Aug 2013
Aww man. Another simple tale of a guy and several girls around him. The premise couldn't have been more obvious, could it?

Well, why not? Despite the run-of-the-mill premise and insipid set of characters, i might have to give it a try after all. Hell, Oregairu basically sets itself off with the very similar concept and i completely dismissed it at first, and yet it managed to blow my mind completely. Who knows that this one might be able to pull off the exact same thing?
Nov 18, 2013 4:10 PM

Sep 2011
Chibi-Alice said:
Will this be another cute girls doing cute things? Because if it is then i'm IN!

Don't we get enough anime's like this per year? Meh this doesn't look like something I would find even remotely interesting. Guess the Moe/Lolicon Otakus will have something to look forward to.
Nov 18, 2013 7:24 PM

Jun 2011
symbv said:

Seems the guy is joining the three girls in the counseling team, and definitely not about him helping those 3 girls.

Now ain't that a lucky man? I hope it focuses more on the comedy aspect instead of the romance/harem one. A SoL wouldn't be bad either.

Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Chibi-Alice said:

Don't we get enough anime's like this per year? Meh this doesn't look like something I would find even remotely interesting. Guess the Moe/Lolicon Otakus will have something to look forward to.

Otakus never get tired of looking at character designs that looked almost the same, in most of the case, girls. As for me, sometimes I can't even tell who is who.
ToG25thBaamNov 18, 2013 7:34 PM
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 18, 2013 7:51 PM

Sep 2012
tsubasalover said:
symbv said:

I edited the third one, but they all work for me.
Probably because you already have the image in your cache. The site may not allow hotlink, so for those people who did not see the pics from the actual website but just clicking the links you provided the site would reject the request to show the pic. So those links only work for you. I doubt they work for any other people.

Uriel_The_Fourth said:
What is enough or what is not enough? We have more anime nowadays compared to even just several years ago, and added to past archive of anime, I doubt you even have enough time to check every anime around (or even just what is available every year). And may I ask where you get the idea that this LN/anime feature Lolicon? Or it is just your prejudice at work here??

ToG25thBaam said:
symbv said:

Now ain't that a lucky man? I hope it focuses more on the comedy aspect instead of the romance/harem one. A SoL wouldn't be bad either.
You know, since I read Japanese I actually went around and checked what the LN readers said about the LN (instead of jumping to conclusion like the gentleman above who concluded that this must have to do with lolicon when the very limited information does not even show or mention any loli).

What I got is: It has zero romance, but a lot of character interactions in discussing "issues". Most people put it in "kuukikei" or "datsuryokukei" which means it is a laid-back SoL humor type of genre.

ToG25thBaam said:

Otakus never get tired of looking at character designs that looked almost the same, in most of the case, girls. As for me, sometimes I can't even tell who is who.
Because they look different to them. Someone who is not into, say, mecha design could say something like otakus never get tired of looking at mecha designs that looked almost the same, but I am sure those who are into mecha can tell the differences of one mecha from another.
symbvNov 18, 2013 8:00 PM

Nov 18, 2013 8:12 PM
Dec 2011
ToG25thBaam said:
symbv said:

Uriel_The_Fourth said:
Chibi-Alice said:

This guy..in every thread. Jesus fucking christ. Pls remove tog from your signature and your profile, you give us a bad name.
Nov 18, 2013 8:56 PM

Dec 2009
This smells of harem.
Nov 18, 2013 11:32 PM

Mar 2012
The synopsis makes the mouth water anyway. I can not wait to see what it can give ^ - ^
J'ai toujours eu ce sentiment un peu étrange d'être comme extérieur à mon corps. Cette impression de flotter quelque part au dessus, ou d'être dans une salle de cinéma, assis au fond, en train de regarder un long film interminable et à attendre que quelque chose se passe. Cette impression de lutter pour devoir rester éveillé, cette envie d'attraper le personnage principal pour lui dire de se bouger, sans cependant pouvoir rien faire sans briser l'écran.
Nov 19, 2013 5:32 AM

Jun 2011
symbv said:

ToG25thBaam said:
symbv said:

You know, since I read Japanese I actually went around and checked what the LN readers said about the LN (instead of jumping to conclusion like the gentleman above who concluded that this must have to do with lolicon when the very limited information does not even show or mention any loli).

What I got is: It has zero romance, but a lot of character interactions in discussing "issues". Most people put it in "kuukikei" or "datsuryokukei" which means it is a laid-back SoL humor type of genre.

I hope that it's entertaining enough :)

symbv said:
ToG25thBaam said:

Because they look different to them. Someone who is not into, say, mecha design could say something like otakus never get tired of looking at mecha designs that looked almost the same, but I am sure those who are into mecha can tell the differences of one mecha from another.

Well that's true..

mrspiral said:

This guy..in every thread. Jesus fucking christ. Pls remove tog from your signature and your profile, you give us a bad name.

What problem do you have with me? I don't see what's wrong with it.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 19, 2013 5:49 AM
May 2012
Well, I'll probably check it out :3
Nov 19, 2013 4:34 PM

Nov 2009
What kind of award was this light novel awarded for? >>
Nov 19, 2013 5:04 PM

Aug 2009
Looks kinda boring =/ Will probly pass this up.

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Nov 19, 2013 6:43 PM

Sep 2012
MagicFlier said:
What kind of award was this light novel awarded for? >>
It did NOT get any award.

Check my earlier post:
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=692135&show=0#msg26447167

Nov 19, 2013 11:40 PM

Nov 2007
symbv said:
Probably because you already have the image in your cache. The site may not allow hotlink, so for those people who did not see the pics from the actual website but just clicking the links you provided the site would reject the request to show the pic. So those links only work for you. I doubt they work for any other people.

Yeah, they don't work for me, either, when I clicked them on the different laptop.
Dec 1, 2013 11:35 AM
Apr 2013
Can Someone please Add an Anime Page for this one

Thankyou
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Darwin Jihen' Gets TV Anime

DatRandomDude - 3 hours ago

8 by RobertBobert »»
8 minutes ago

» TV Version of 'Dead Dead Demons Dededede Destruction' Anime Movie Announced

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

20 by Ionliosite2 »»
43 minutes ago

» 'Kakuriyo no Yadomeshi' Gets Second Season in Fall 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 30

19 by IdaB »»
1 hour ago

» 'Diamond no Ace: Act II' TV Anime Sequel in Production

Vindstot - May 18

21 by IdaB »»
2 hours ago

» Kinema Citrus Announces 'Sayonara Lara', 'Ninja Skooler' Original Anime

DatRandomDude - May 18

18 by ukloim »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.