Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 18, 2013 5:32 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

As a starting point, after the start of the new era, the narrative does not stick, and has the flavor of current topics! ^ _ ^
Taken aback by this change of strategy in the plot, imagine what it would be even later! * _ *
Easy to watch during the various narrative interludes with Marie, a true MC with the treasurer!
Surely even the kids will be happy for the version maid of Akatsuki! XD
Too bad the design, (I know I say it every time, I apologize) leave much to be desired for the low-quality in the details, which I appreciated in SAO, which would make the cutest series in terms of graphics, if they increased the accuracy of the costume design and drawings. I hope it is done with the BD!

Shiro ... ONI! XD
Nov 18, 2013 12:07 PM
Jul 2013
What intrigues of the guilds and the alliance is forming Shiroe with others.
Nov 18, 2013 8:50 PM
Oct 2013
Watching this episode makes me think that Shiroe might be a bad guy--or at least could have a bad intention. Reminds me of Sinbad from magi. He (Shiroe) is a tactician and if looks like he got other people dancing in his hand. Scary.
Nov 18, 2013 11:57 PM

Jan 2013
Another nice episode with good world building.
Nov 19, 2013 12:04 AM

Oct 2012
Marielle complaining about the horrors of glasses people and having a fit was very cute to me xD.

Finally got to see Akatsuki in a dress and Serara being too excited <3

Can't wait to see how his plans go.

On another note, those earrings from the girl who ate the hamburger reminded me of Etna's earrings from disgaea :D
Nov 19, 2013 12:07 PM

Mar 2012
This episode made me hungry D:
Nov 19, 2013 12:18 PM

Nov 2010
It doesn't have same feeling as first episodes but still i'm gonna watch and hope for it to get good again.
Nov 19, 2013 4:43 PM
Jun 2010
After watching eps 7 the second time I think I know what Shiro Need the $5 million. Either he going to buy the city or parts of the city and become the mayor and make new laws and force the other guild out. Reason for this is the foreshadowing talking about buying a building and the example when Henrietta corner Akatsuk in her guild area to force her into a maid outfit. Henrietta use her admin power to control the area. So Shiro can maybe do the same if he has the city.
Nov 19, 2013 6:45 PM

Jun 2013
I'm loving Log Horizon lel.

Marie was cute after those two megane-akuma tortured her. Akatsuki being sold out again was pretty hilarious. Souji is cute , imho.

Great episode , looking forward to the next
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Nov 20, 2013 4:12 AM

Nov 2012
damn really awesome episode..
really wondering what shiroe really planning. XD grr
Nov 20, 2013 6:07 AM

Mar 2012
Riez said:
I'm loving Log Horizon lel.

Marie was cute after those two megane-akuma tortured her. Akatsuki being sold out again was pretty hilarious. Souji is cute , imho.

Great episode , looking forward to the next

Nov 20, 2013 7:07 AM

May 2013
i must say this "akatsuki is very cute" but overall a meh episode 3/5
Nov 20, 2013 10:43 AM

Jul 2008
Shit gets real in episode 9
Nov 20, 2013 12:36 PM

Oct 2011
Soujirou *-* this episode made me a little bit suspicious of Henrietta, not sure why though. Looking forward to seeing stage 2 of the plan!
Nov 20, 2013 1:16 PM

Nov 2008
I'm surprised how much I love this o.o Waiting for next episodes!
Nov 20, 2013 1:24 PM

Oct 2012
Akatsuki is so damn cute in that waitress outfit OMG, great episode once more so now he get help from another of the former Tea Party member nice.
Nov 21, 2013 10:06 AM

May 2012
marielle is soo cute, probably because of her accent..

Nov 22, 2013 3:01 AM

May 2010
Gotta love Marie and how she clings to Naotsugu, shipping it

Using food as a way to make money, great plan

Akatsuki is too cute

I wonder what is this 2nd stage gonna be, that smirk is making me look forward to the next episode
Nov 22, 2013 9:06 AM

Mar 2011
Toriko episode LH style.
Nov 22, 2013 9:51 AM

May 2013
It was a good episode. shiroes prob gonna buy the entire city
Nov 22, 2013 3:09 PM

Jun 2012
Since selling the burgers would take a month to reach 5 million gold I thought his back-up plan was to sell the secret on how to cook good food to the other guilds at 50,000 gold a guild; 50,000 gold because crescent moon had 60,000 gold and they are a relatively small guild so most would be able to afford this. That way it would only take 100 guilds to reach 5 million gold. But he would have to sell the secret to all 100 at once or else the guilds that he has already shown it to could sell the secret at a lower price to the remaining guilds. But it seems that his back-up plan was just to use Soujirou and Akatsuki to attract more customers. It works, but I don't think as quickly. Although, his plan is better for the long run, since he can continuously make money off of people.
Nov 22, 2013 6:28 PM

Oct 2010
on an unrelated note, i'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but the person who first tried the burger is in fact one of the PK-ers in episode 2 :P
Nov 22, 2013 6:56 PM

Jul 2013
otakuhime said:
on an unrelated note, i'm not sure if anyone's noticed, but the person who first tried the burger is in fact one of the PK-ers in episode 2 :P

I'm sure most of us would have recognised them. At least I did.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Nov 23, 2013 6:17 PM
Mar 2009
Hahaha, Shiroe is so ruthless. Selling out Akatsuki to Henrietta just to get her help. Then abusing Marie's authority and position in the Crescent Moon Alliance to set up a hamburger shop.

The next episode's title card really does suit him, "The Villain in Glasses."
Nov 23, 2013 8:00 PM
Oct 2010
This episode and most of the rest of the season was good enough that I will watch episode 8 pretty much right after I download it.
Nov 27, 2013 12:09 AM

Jun 2011
I really really starting to like this show, this is awesome. They have great casts, great story writing, great execution, great visuals, great ost, and pretty much everything is great, even the directing is good! I can't find things that I dislike in this freaking show!!!

And I think that I will definitely love every other Tea Party members, they seem to have this air around them, the air of the wise/comrade, they have this nakama-ish feelings to them, and I like that! Even though I said that, I still don't fully trust Soujiro yet, but yeah, I like him XD.

Until now, I still can't grasp even 1% of Shirou's plan, damn that's deep.

dragonlight said:
Since selling the burgers would take a month to reach 5 million gold I thought his back-up plan was to sell the secret on how to cook good food to the other guilds at 50,000 gold a guild; 50,000 gold because crescent moon had 60,000 gold and they are a relatively small guild so most would be able to afford this. That way it would only take 100 guilds to reach 5 million gold. But he would have to sell the secret to all 100 at once or else the guilds that he has already shown it to could sell the secret at a lower price to the remaining guilds. But it seems that his back-up plan was just to use Soujirou and Akatsuki to attract more customers. It works, but I don't think as quickly. Although, his plan is better for the long run, since he can continuously make money off of people.

I really don't think so. If that happened, the other guilds who got their hand on the secret would also sell them out, which kinda cheapen the value of that secret.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 27, 2013 2:38 AM

Jun 2012
Someone probably already mentioned it, but: Guild member spotted at the end of the episode. At least, I'm pretty sure he is... after they get Soujirou's help the blonde dude from the ending theme is seen eating something and smiling.
Nov 27, 2013 5:08 PM

Jul 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
Even though I said that, I still don't fully trust Soujiro yet, but yeah, I like him XD.

He's hilarious. An oblivious lady killer nicknamed "harem character". His guild West Wind Brigade (Nishikaze no Ryoudan) is comprised almost entirely by women (and one woman at heart) and is nick named the "harem guild". He's also very protective of his friends and is very adept in melee since he's a Lvl. 90 Samurai. He even has his own spin-off manga. Shiroe and the rest of the Tea Party men are jealous of him because he always gets to have women in his company almost effortlessly.
Nov 28, 2013 2:52 AM

Jun 2011
swordstriker21 said:
ToG25thBaam said:
Even though I said that, I still don't fully trust Soujiro yet, but yeah, I like him XD.

He's hilarious. An oblivious lady killer nicknamed "harem character". His guild West Wind Brigade (Nishikaze no Ryoudan) is comprised almost entirely by women (and one woman at heart) and is nick named the "harem guild". He's also very protective of his friends and is very adept in melee since he's a Lvl. 90 Samurai. He even has his own spin-off manga. Shiroe and the rest of the Tea Party men are jealous of him because he always gets to have women in his company almost effortlessly.

LOL WTF! Sounds ridiculous, but kind of fun XD If you say that he is trust-able if you read the LN, then I'll trust you on that. :)
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 28, 2013 5:14 PM

Jul 2012
ToG25thBaam said:
swordstriker21 said:
ToG25thBaam said:

LOL WTF! Sounds ridiculous, but kind of fun XD If you say that he is trust-able if you read the LN, then I'll trust you on that. :)

Some fans are saying he's basically a more mellow and likable parody of Kirito from SAO. I like him either way but I can see the resemblances somewhat although it's not much really and I like to view characters w/out comparing them to existing archetypes. He's not really broody. He's more of a lovable idiot and always manages to say the right thing (to ladies mostly) every damn time. He acts cute at times w/c leads to his haremmetes having nasty nosebleeds or fierce blushing. He acts more like an innocent little kid and respects Shiroe a lot.

Here's an excerpt from the novel:

"Soujirou is still popular with the ladies?"
"Hmm? Ah... please don't say that."
Soujirou started to panic. Nyanta squinted his thin eyes into a thin line and asked "So nice to be young. How many nya?"
Soujirou raised one hand with his thumb folded in.

(Still in his harem mode, not that I envy him... But there are 4 of them, gives me an unforgivable... sort of feeling. What is this deal with 4 people? Other than Nazuna and Saki, there are 2 more, what a grand formation...)
Shiroe feels exhausted.

(Credits go to the translators and baka-tsuki for hosting the translations)
swordstriker21Nov 28, 2013 6:16 PM
Nov 28, 2013 6:11 PM

Jul 2011
swordstriker21 said:
(Credits go to he translators at baka-tsuki)

They're not translating it. They're only hosting and editing it.
Nov 28, 2013 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
DivAsakust said:
swordstriker21 said:
(Credits go to he translators at baka-tsuki)

They're not translating it. They're only hosting and editing it.

Fixed ^^
Nov 30, 2013 2:57 PM

Jun 2012
This was funny LOL

Really enjoying this show actually, excited to see what happens next. I watched expecting not a lot, but it's delivering :D only watching this and strike the blood this season, nothing else is really catching my interest :P I feel like this anime portrays MMOs pretty well, quite relatable in a way.
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Dec 8, 2013 4:36 AM
Mar 2013
glasses fidget count: 12

total so far: 48
Jan 3, 2014 10:32 AM

Feb 2011
modestfiend said:
glasses fidget count: 12

total so far: 48
xD i really missed that information x'D

poor akatsuki being used to motivate the secretary xD

if it isn't only buying some buildings, wonder what may be the plan about

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Jan 8, 2014 10:26 AM

Jan 2012
Way to dominate one market, or actually 'create' one. I hoenstly didn't think of that, and opening up a mcdonalds-esque shop is really clever. Does he want to buy some places from Hamelin guild??
Good episode nonetheless :D
Jan 8, 2014 3:21 PM

Oct 2013
Bastien said:
sweet jesus akatsuki is so adorable can't wait until next week!

Yeah lol
Feb 11, 2014 7:22 AM

Oct 2013
his old friend blindly follows to help him and ends up just running his burger store.

shiroe is the ultimate hustler
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Feb 11, 2014 10:21 AM

Jun 2008
This is like a combination of MMORPG anime with Spice and wolf lol.
Feb 15, 2014 5:58 AM

Apr 2013
Bheaze said:
his old friend blindly follows to help him and ends up just running his burger store.

shiroe is the ultimate hustler

Ha, lol! I was thinking the same thing. Probably ends up neglecting his guild too
Feb 16, 2014 12:56 AM

Feb 2008
I wonder if he's going to buy the Guild Hall or the entire city? I could see him doing either ;)
Feb 18, 2014 5:13 PM

Jan 2011
Why can they only serve 1000 people each day? Is really everyone busy? I somehow doubt that. They showed quite a lot of idle members or downtime. Also, 1000 people doesn't mean they only sold 1000 burgers or whatever, they can sell a lot more.

And if they'd charge people to see Akatsuki or Souji in beatiful outfits, they would probably make hundreds of thousand per day, given the reaction of the people. It would also allow a nearly unlimited amount of people to take part..
Feb 18, 2014 6:38 PM

Jul 2012
NwAurion said:
Why can they only serve 1000 people each day? Is really everyone busy? I somehow doubt that. They showed quite a lot of idle members or downtime. Also, 1000 people doesn't mean they only sold 1000 burgers or whatever, they can sell a lot more.

And if they'd charge people to see Akatsuki or Souji in beatiful outfits, they would probably make hundreds of thousand per day, given the reaction of the people. It would also allow a nearly unlimited amount of people to take part..

Simply put the supplies won't last. They'll have to make sure the ingredients lasted long enough for Maryele to sign up Charasin for placing bulk orders. They were hunting ingredients out in the wild so it took more time and manpower than usual. Also they numbered only a mere 40+ people before the West Wind Brigade were recruited to help out. They were further divided into those who hunted for meat and ingredients, those who handled accounting, the front liners and the chefs.

The ingredients were all spent on the first day so they had to close up shop. Also, you'll have to take into account that hunting wasn't the same as IRL. You'd hunt a huge boar monster and all it drops is roughly a kilo of meat. Even w/ Lvl 90s one shotting them it'd still take considerable time plus the time it took to transport the goods.
swordstriker21Feb 18, 2014 6:45 PM
Feb 20, 2014 6:36 AM

Aug 2013
That was one big boar.
My Candies:
Feb 23, 2014 7:50 PM

Aug 2013
Mmm, so they can buy building from all over the city? I'm sure that will come back later. You know, the city look kinda... wrecked. Maybe in the later episode, it will look more polished/modern.

Maid Akatsuki <3

Shiroe plan is interresting, to create a monopole on real food. But how long will they be able to keep their secret? If one guild find the way to create real food, the value of their market will drop like crazy.

I think that Shiroe will be a good leader. He may not be really good in social interraction, it's not for nothing that they call him the master strategist :)
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 26, 2014 5:24 PM

Sep 2012
F O O D F T W
ate during this entire episode,
Mar 30, 2014 8:14 AM

May 2012
Akatsuki in maid uniform <3 All my wants :3

Pretty sweet development and well his plan is being executed quite well so let's see what he has in mind next!
Apr 1, 2014 8:41 AM

May 2013
I wonder what's shiroe's plan. Lol dat marielle rolling on the floor with all that paperworks and saying megane's are scary. Akatsuki is so cute with that outit kyaaa >.<
If you want everything you'll end up with nothing.
Apr 16, 2014 7:46 PM

Apr 2014
Shiroe definitely needs to sell Akatsuki out more! MORE!
Rofl at the phobia of Megane.
Jul 2, 2014 5:56 AM
May 2012
Naotsugu, don't be stupid and make a move on Marielle!! She is cute and hot :3
Akatsuki looks really cute in a maid outfit *^* Damn, I want them burgers!!
See, their world is pretty convenient. Second stage :D
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 26, 2013

270 by LucasDoragon »»
Apr 27, 7:50 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2013

265 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 8:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.