Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Apr 3, 2016 7:47 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
This episode was the best so far, damm lmao. Really great!
May 31, 2016 9:30 PM

May 2016
Episode was funny also that dancing part was well executed. There are some strange youmu i guess.
Jun 7, 2016 12:06 AM

Oct 2007
Ugh I really want to like this anime. The animation is great and so are the character designs (I love Ai-chan so much). Buuut oh god the story is a mess and this episode was so stupid, defeating a youmu by singing and dancing?! That was so stupid and forced, come on... I should have learned by now, buy KyoAni always pulls me back with its visuals, damn ittt.
Jun 14, 2016 9:23 PM

Jun 2008
This episode was gold.

Who knew talking about being stinky could be so cool?
HEY!
Jun 15, 2016 8:53 AM

Feb 2016
Episode was funny also that dancing part was well executed. There are some strange youmu i guess.
Jul 28, 2016 5:17 PM

Nov 2015

JAJAJAJAJA I was an spectacular episode jajaja, I laughed a lot! xD
Ridiculously funny!

Incredible how they learned to sing and they even set up all that event in just one week. In the end I was telling to myself "Ehh, ok but who's gonna kill the youma? since all of you are singing and dancing... jaja"

Truly, the episode had near to nothing related to the plot but I can't deny that it made me laugh repeatedly thought the episode. With filler of this quality I don't mind having them! Altho, I'm not sure if it is filler, is it in the LN too or is it really filler?

PD: Really, the dancing and the song were pretty good.
Oct 16, 2016 5:09 PM
Jul 2018
Holy fuck, this was the cutest thing EVER.
Another chill episode. It was very fun *.*

So, seems like some serious stuff is gonna happen next episode, looking forward to that XD
Mar 7, 2017 10:19 PM
Apr 2013
That was a pretty weak episode, just filler.
Shoryu said:
Aureolus
Life-enhancing-body-suits are good and all, but they can't protect you against the void.
Shoryu said:
Hopefully a better quote in the near future
Become a friend of Blahkabelison, they're a female.
Mar 14, 2017 7:07 AM

May 2016
Great though it was kinda like a filler.
Mar 22, 2017 1:58 PM

Jul 2015
Mitsuki looked so nice in that idol outfit haha

caught in the wonder
May 18, 2017 9:00 AM

Jun 2016
I think this episode was one of the funniest! Enjoyed it a lot.
The song was sweet as well.
Jun 23, 2017 8:42 AM

Nov 2016
Dat Idol performance, tho.

Man this was a pretty amusing episode for a change. Had even some good laughs :D

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jul 18, 2017 4:54 PM

Jul 2013
Good filler/comedy episode. I'm really over the guys being perverted for humor BUT I was shook when Ai came out as the ultimate idol weapon. That alone made this episode amazing.
Sep 4, 2017 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
Lmfao, this episode was the best, I love how Hiroomi entered the room to embrace his sweet little sister, almost puking into being all twinkley-eyed and eventually did puke because despite his sister fetish, the stench was just THAT bad.

This dance or at least parts of it got this anime on the radar for me, seeing it in AMV's etc.
Feb 22, 2018 5:09 AM

Aug 2009
This has got to be one of the most ridiculous episodes I've ever seen. But definitely in a good way.
Even though this episode was basically filler, it was still very enjoyable. I lol'd at multiple parts. Good job, KyoAni.
I'm glad I un-dropped this show.
Mar 22, 2018 7:21 PM

Apr 2016
That was flippin hilarious. :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2018 10:12 PM

Jan 2018
I love this episode! Their song and their dancing steps so cute. They pulled it off being an idol. But the ending though. Hahaha!
Oct 12, 2018 4:01 AM

Jul 2015
I laughed my ass of at the shower scene where they were all so dramatic about not stinking anymore.
Nov 4, 2018 10:54 PM

Oct 2014
Its a filler episode but this is actually the best episode in the entire series.
Dec 17, 2018 5:20 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Lol, this was a hilarious side-story episode!

“So who’s going to kill it?”, xD I totally died of laughter then!
“We’re ... Idols!”, gah this was just gold! Absolutely loved the sudden change in intensity right there, the dramatic flashbacks and those frequent numerous visits to the shower were just glorious! I’m really loving the character interactions of this show so far, and this episode was the highlight of it all! Ayaka totally knew this was to come, I just know it. Kuriyama trying to seduce the youmu at the start of the episode and the imouto scenes were all cho-very hilarious! I think going for the cheaper and more stable job would’ve been so much more time saving and worth, lol. “Onii-cha” scenes were definitely my favourite and most hilarious of all, and the brilliant OST playing just made it all the more amazing!

All in all, a much appreciated side-story episode! I really hope we get more of such glorious comedy later on too!
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Dec 17, 2018 5:25 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Gazz said:
Its a filler episode but this is actually the best episode in the entire series.

To be frankly honest, there’d have to be a an amazing, sublime and top-tier episode just to be beat this.
Jokes aside, I haven’t seen the show fully yet but I’ll be very glad if the following episodes will be just as good.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

May 25, 2019 4:54 AM

Mar 2019
What a change of pace, but oh did I laugh lots during this episode. That was so great Hahaha.
Oct 5, 2019 10:57 AM

Oct 2018
Funniest episode yet.

The plan

• Kill dreamshadow
  • ???????????????
  • Profit!!!!

Ah, yeah. Nothing is as easy as it first appears. If the spirit busting a foul smelling liquid wasn't enough, Mitsuki getting drenched with the "stemen" juice was totally unexpected. (BTW, does that qualify as bukkake?)

The final "boss battle" was epic. the group trained all week, put on an J-pop idol show (Akihito and Hiroomi as the back-up singers was LOL) and succeeded in calming the spirit, except they forgot one small detail: who was going to deliver the final blow.

I laughed. I cried. I'm deeply traumatized by the bukkake scene.
I always lose at disc golf. I keep throwing the game.
Oct 5, 2019 11:03 AM

Oct 2018
Compl3te said:
heiqi1hu said:
P.U.R.E C.R.A.C.K

Yakiimo ate too much...
Hiromi super cool onii-chan move before vomiting...
The whole gang getting motivated in the shower...
The school idols...
Hiromi super agile body...

I thought who's going to defeat the youmu if everyone's dancing...indeed...LOL
you said it.

awesome episode! I actually really enjoyed them becoming idols, the montage and all.

what school has co-ed showers??

I'm still wondering why everyone is in the same shower room Mitsuki after she got drenched. The gas masks were a great touch.
Oct 5, 2019 11:08 AM

Oct 2018
facade63 said:
WikiSonic said:
I feel like this show just officially jumped the shark with this episode. Ironically, it's the first episode that I actually enjoyed myself. Hmm... can't say I'm glad that it'll return to the plot at this point, considering there is no way I can take this show seriously after this. Honestly don't know how it'll ever try to pass itself off as "dark fantasy" again.

What is the plot? as far as i can tell there isn't one.

The Plot:

• Attack the youmu.
  • Get drenched in foul smelling liquid.
  • Take a shower.
  • Lather, rinse, repeat. (Literally!) (And, yes, I mean it in the dictionary definition.)
Oct 5, 2019 11:41 AM

Oct 2018
Well, I suppose I'll throw my hat into the ring in defense of this episode.

Okay, it's a filter episode. We get it, but that doesn't mean that's it's not important. One thing I've noticed with KyoAni series is the idea of people coming together and forming a strong bond with one another. Let's take a quick look at the characters.

• Akihito - a half-human, half-youmu
  • Kuriyama - spirit hunter from a defunct family due to their cursed blood
  • Ai - a youmu who can shape shift from human to cat
  • Hiroomi and Mitsuki - brother & sister from a wealthy spirit hunting family

Not exactly the group of people you would expect to be sitting down together for a cup of tea. However, they manage to look past (not overlook) their differences because they're "always going to be alone." Having made that epiphany in the previous episode, they chose to become closer because no one else will have them.

This is the first episode post-epiphany that shows them working together to help one of their own. Sure, it's filled with fanservice, but not as overboard as in other series, and and it's played up with humor. However, that is merely a distraction to the much deeper and more significant progress of strengthening their bonds of friendship.

In the end, you have a lesson about the importance of acceptance, friendship, and teamwork. No one ever said that all lessons had to be tedious and boring.
Nov 21, 2019 6:26 PM

Aug 2019
one of the greatest eps so far lmao
i really dont know where to start it went from jokes to literal idol music video status in about 5 mins
also your telling me mitsuki went through a whole week stuck with that smell? yikes.
Nov 27, 2019 7:36 AM

Jun 2019
Well, the mood shift from the previous episodes are really sharp. I mean the dancing and singing part was ok, but, seriously, this is supposed to be a dark fantasy series, with lots of gore and seriousness, and "breather episodes" are ok, but I felt at the beginning of the series that mood is unbalanced. Well, I feel, that the story is going to be a mess after that, but I hope that we can get some more darker aspects of the story after that.
Mar 31, 2020 6:14 PM

Feb 2020
This ep was sooo great. I literally smiled through the whole episode, and I'm not a person that smiles much. Also, that dance was AMAZING, and I liked that song.

Kyoto Animation rocks
Apr 9, 2020 12:53 PM

Nov 2017
What a weird show, went from early 4-ep hype to the last two where...we just hang out. Personally I hope this narrative trick works out. Rooting for KyoAni.
May 10, 2020 12:14 AM
Jul 2019
Most funniest episode & the best dance
Ghost々hunter
May 20, 2020 7:24 PM

Jan 2018
I didn't see this coming...... bless japan
May 29, 2020 4:05 AM
Jan 2019
It was painful to see them comment on fetishes as if that was relevant to the story. Unnecessary and predictable episode. The only reason for the creation of Kuriyama Mirai seems to have been to promote fetish for girls with glasses as it is ceaselessly and tiringly shown as yet another irrelevant feature to the story.

Foi doloroso ver eles comentarem sobre fetiches como se isso fosse relevante para a história. Episódio desnecessário e previsível. O único motivo para a criação da Kuriyama Mirai parece ter sido para promover o fetiche por garotas de óculos como é incessantemente e cansativamente mostrado como mais uma característica irrelevante para a história.
brunnomenxaMay 29, 2020 4:11 AM
Jul 2, 2020 12:49 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
These episode was all about a smelling youmu. Great. Fanservices. Ever. Its a pretty random activity, i guessed with how the previous end scenes with Izumi not be talked on this episode. Such a shame. However, with all that dance, singing smoothly, a cute momentary, a good banter, a nice bath scenery. Oh, well, i can't take this episode as a seriously bad. So, yeah, an okay episode.
Finally they kept the whole main story in the next episode. Lets see....
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 4, 2020 3:37 PM

Feb 2009
Those flashbacks out of nowhere kill me!! haha so good!

Jul 24, 2020 2:40 AM

Mar 2018
Horrible episode. Skip it through. -1/10
Oct 11, 2020 3:56 PM

Aug 2020
I was really forcing myself to watch this anime but this episode had me hooked the entire time. :)

Dec 12, 2020 8:48 PM

Jan 2020
lol basically all the fan service trapped in an episode
it was entertaining though, don't get me wrong on that

but come on man they were so closeeeee >w<
they just forgot the most important part of the piece .-.

gotta admit i don't really like anime dances a lot, some of them just annoy me. but this one was really well done !!
Jan 2, 2021 2:29 AM

Nov 2019
Now this was an enjoyable episode kek
SAO PROGRESSIVE ANIME HYPE
Jan 16, 2021 5:52 AM

Jul 2014
This episode is hilarious.

In one of the spin offs they said that they had to call Izumi Nase to get of this monster.
Sep 12, 2021 5:29 PM
Jul 2021
Ugh, It was funny but I'm pretty pissed after ALL that bullshit they didn't beat the damn thing, what a WASTE of time. She didn't get the money, the girl still stinks, although I'm sure she'll magically be cured of the smell. Also The sister is waaaaay better than The Glasses girl. She can actually speak, she's confident, pretty and she's not a little weirdo lol
Sep 30, 2021 6:11 AM

Nov 2013
wtf was this episode???

I guess it's something equivalent to "beach episode".
Mar 18, 2022 5:05 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
greatest anime episode of all time probably

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jun 13, 2022 6:41 PM
Nov 2020
This was a filler , but it was quite well refined, the dance, art etc. Magnificent.
Aug 20, 2022 11:55 AM
Jun 2019
Wow. I finally got the saw the whole song. I had always seen that dance in anime dance episodes on YouTube, but never knew where the dance came from, and in this episode I finally found it. YES!

Anyway, their whole song basically encapsulated a whole 12-episode of a drama anime lol.
Graduated High School in May of 2022. Summer vacation has finally arrived. I have once again regained the power of a new anime fan, being able to watch multiple anime episodes in a day. Time to binge-watch every single anime I can into the night until college arrives. SADGE. SUPER SADGE... College has begun as of Monday, August 30, 2022, so you won't be seeing me much around these parks. See you on weekends, I guess... School me is back. Sigh! I'll at least try for one anime a day with all this course load.
Mar 10, 2023 11:04 PM
Oct 2020
who decided to write the funniest fucking episode in anime in the middle of this series
Mar 24, 2023 8:45 PM

Jun 2020
I don't care if it's filler, I laughed the entire episode, it's too hilarious 
May 28, 2023 9:42 PM

Mar 2013
Has its moments, but ultimately fails to become anything else than a fanservice-driven filler episode, not very different from the dozens of other shows of the sort.
Especially unfortunate considering the length of the series.
oh man...
Jun 21, 2023 10:36 AM

Oct 2022
i feel like the best comedic episodes come from anime that you don't expect it to. this episode was so funny to me
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2013

538 by __FK__ »»
Apr 23, 6:55 AM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2013

338 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 5, 11:30 PM

» 10th anniversary was yesterday...

dabiggestbird - Oct 4, 2023

17 by pinemoth »»
Oct 14, 2023 7:07 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 2, 2013

475 by Aruna0 »»
Jul 6, 2023 12:59 PM

Poll: » Kyoukai no Kanata Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 30, 2013

195 by lordspacecat »»
Mar 10, 2023 10:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.