Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Log Horizon
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »
Oct 28, 2013 1:17 PM

Jun 2011
nyantta is pretty cool even though I need some getting used to his design. Also it looks like every badass needs a loli :D
Oct 28, 2013 1:47 PM

Jun 2013
I really enjoy how the OP-ness of Shiro's party comes from the outstanding teamwork and cooperation and not some unexplained BS black coat/one man army/no reason whatsoever like SAO did.

Please continue like this Log Horizon 5/5.
Oct 28, 2013 4:07 PM

Sep 2011
this epicode becomes more enjoyable than it already was when you realize nyantta is not being forced to do those awful cat puns, thats completely his concious doing

HalibelTheEspada said:
I
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
RedArmyShogun said:
Hmm. I like how this show breaks several molds. Anyone still calling it a SAO clone still is frankly, a moron.
call me childish names all you want, its still a sao clone due to its identical premise, doesnt matter how much better it is, its quality has nothing to do with whether its a clone or not

Even sao had this mmo talk at the start even if it disappeared later, thats why im hoping log horizon keeps it up like it has been
It's not that it isn't a clone because "it's better" or because of quality... he didn't even say that. Breaking the mold means doing it differently, not setting some par (if that was a misunderstanding). If you want to go on thinking it's a clone that's fine. But having the same premise doesn't make it a copy... you might as well say every slice of life / school anime is a clone because people go to school, lol. Ignoring quality all together, this is nothing like Sword Art in any way. Log Horizon has abilities, classes, and people don't seem to die IRL in LH. There was also no magic or races, at least in the first half. There doesn't appear to be any police force in this, and thus far there's no set goal for everyone or really much incentive to do anything at all, and unlike SAO, this game takes place in the real world, as well as being a much larger world. I could go on, but this is probably all mentioned in the thread comparing the two.
I agree to just about everything you said about Log horizon, but all im sayign is that log horizion is a clone no matter what it does due to its premise, its not a demeaning thing to say in order to down the show cause im enjoying log horizon quite a bit and one of my favorite anime of all time rahXephon is nothing more than a EVA clone due to its premise despite how different it becomes later on.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 28, 2013 4:33 PM

Jun 2011
Just caught up and I must say, I'm impressed. In terms of pure MMO-vibes, Log Horizon has surpassed SAO by a lot. The teamwork is great and I can definitely see some chemistry between the characters that wouldn't be possible had the protagonist been a "solo player *ahem* Kirito *ahem*". I mean, what's the fun in playing an MMORPG if you are soloing the whole time?
The MC is an interesting fellow so far, being the support rather than the attacker meaning that while he can bring out some really powerful spells, they work best when partnered up with someone else.
5/5 episode this week and a potential favorite (not including sequels) for the season.

Oct 28, 2013 6:17 PM

Dec 2011
Wow. I really love it when they discuss the RPG elements of this anime. Damn. Nyanta is really strong.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2013 6:48 PM

Jul 2013
Fiji said:
Wow. I really love it when they discuss the RPG elements of this anime. Damn. Nyanta is really strong.

Not really, he was getting fairly whooped up by Demikas. If it was pure one on one, no support/healing, then I'm sure Nyanta would lose.

Unfortunately Shiro was around.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 28, 2013 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
I still think those thorns are a broken ass skill. Seriously, 1k dmg per each destroyed for up to 5k static? With what I'm assuming is the current cap of 90, they have around 10k+ hp. That's insane, one skill can basically cut your hp down to around half.

Entertaining episode though to say the least.
Oct 28, 2013 7:29 PM

Jun 2012
ugh, more explaining. I swear, they're going to give us information all the way up until episode 24, then in the last one they're going to utilize it all together as if it's some test to see how much we retained. It's like half the episode is fighting, and the other half explaining how they are doing so. "Healers, heal!" end of rant

Oct 28, 2013 7:58 PM

Dec 2011
DenjaX said:

Aloxamax said:
xJapaliicious said:

No, it's wrong. The dmg increases on how many hits your allies does in the enemy, with 5k max cap.

Wait a minute. I'm pretty sure that when Thorn Bind Hostage is casted 5 roots wrap themselves around the target and destroying each one will cause 1000 dmg, thus if all 5 are destroyed it amounts to 5000 dmg.
I thought the same too. Think Japalicious interpreted it wrong. xDD

Apparently that skill actually hinders base damage from dps if that is casted. So i think Thorn Bind Hostage is less of an OP. The visuals only made it look so OP.

So I said right. More your allies hits an enemy, more the dmg will increase, with a 5k max cap (5 binds with 1k dmg), lol. I just didn't mentioned about the 5 binds.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 28, 2013 8:55 PM

Sep 2012
Exciting depiction of the fight against Monk and his gang, with detailed explanation of tactics and what swashbucklers, druid, monk do (and their strength/weakness) as well as the mechanism of casting specific maneuver or magic. Nyanta is definitely a very likeable (even endearing) character!
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 28, 2013 11:06 PM

Oct 2013
Nyanta is an awesome fighter plus he's a cat. In my books that makes him an awesome character.
Oct 29, 2013 12:55 AM

Apr 2012
N(ya)akata Jouji, anyone? Eh?

Anywho~ Is it just me, or are there a lot of romance anime this season?
Oct 29, 2013 3:36 AM

Jun 2013
O-Divine-Demon said:
Anywho~ Is it just me, or are there a lot of romance anime this season?

Actually, the romance in this series is in fact a sub-plot at best (ie, very slow). So I won't expect too much out of it.
Oct 29, 2013 7:24 AM
Apr 2013
Wow wow wow!!! This show just keep better and better every episode. To be honest, LH was truly an Anime for MMORPGs fan like me. Shiro is the BOSS, Nyanta - great skills man. I love how the focusing more on strategies than just using there strength.
5/5 ep
Oct 29, 2013 8:03 AM

May 2010
"database" time! Now that's a cool cat. Once again, clever strategy, this show is amzing and Akatsuki always stealing the best spots! Come on people, open your eyes already... Such an intoxicating episode, great..
Oct 29, 2013 8:59 AM
Mar 2011
this anime will blow your mind when we get into the next arc, trust me
Oct 29, 2013 8:23 PM

Jun 2013
Now powerlevel Serara and they'll finally have some heals in the party :)
Oct 29, 2013 8:23 PM

Jan 2013
Finally some "strategy" to be noted. This show still isn't all that and a bag of chips but I'm starting to see something I may actually like. That being said, the characters are still rather dull, the story hasn't progressed at all, and they keep on using the same gags.

I love a good RPG or RTS so I'm kinda hoping that they'll bump up the strategy a bit. I was kinda disappointed to see the MC with his old compadre and yet still using the same old trick...at least they mixed it up a bit this time, again.

I'm hoping there is more to this show or I'm gonna give up on this soon. I don't know yet, I'll give it a few more episodes.
You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.

Bruce Lee
Oct 29, 2013 9:09 PM

Jun 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
I agree to just about everything you said about Log horizon, but all im sayign is that log horizion is a clone no matter what it does due to its premise, its not a demeaning thing to say in order to down the show cause im enjoying log horizon quite a bit and one of my favorite anime of all time rahXephon is nothing more than a EVA clone due to its premise despite how different it becomes later on.
Well, I guess it just depends on your definition of "clone" then. But, I just see it as a common ground... because when enough of what you call a clone occurs, that's when they're called genres. But as long as you're not saying that Log Horizon is an exact copy of SAO, then it really doesn't matter what you call it.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 29, 2013 9:13 PM
Oct 29, 2013 9:20 PM

Jan 2008
Wait... so what was the point of all that shitty low level healing? Was that suppose to be a distraction or did I miss something? Cause it sure didn't heal enough to matter from what I can see.
Oct 29, 2013 9:43 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:
Wait... so what was the point of all that shitty low level healing? Was that suppose to be a distraction or did I miss something? Cause it sure didn't heal enough to matter from what I can see.
so that the kid would gain some experience points.. I think?
Oct 29, 2013 10:03 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:

So that they lose as much health? It helps reduce damage, that's for sure.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 30, 2013 8:59 AM

Oct 2012
Excellent episode, that strategy just nailed it also Nyanta is pretty cool. Triple epic mount for the win XD.
Not a lot of Akatsuki but she is so cute so it even in the end ^^
Oct 30, 2013 9:05 AM

Sep 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
Well, I guess it just depends on your definition of "clone" then. But, I just see it as a common ground... because when enough of what you call a clone occurs, that's when they're called genres. But as long as you're not saying that Log Horizon is an exact copy of SAO, then it really doesn't matter what you call it.
yah its not a exact clone, if anything its got more similarities with .hack. than sao, i think whats helping log horizon is how consistent its staying with its gameplay oriented story. Though i kind of wish everyone wasnt alreayd at the level cap

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 30, 2013 9:52 AM

Jan 2008
PrimeX said:
Paul said:
so that the kid would gain some experience points.. I think?

If you can get exp from PvP'ing, that would make one hell of a broken game. Of course she didn't though, at least I don't think so, considering she did get the final hit on a Lv90.

HalfMetalJacket said:
Paul said:

At the rate she was healing, that probably only helped the cat survive like 1 hit.
Oct 30, 2013 5:22 PM

Feb 2008
Really love the technical aspect of the series, it's the first mmorpg that does it this well, and that actually makes me look forward to the battles due to it. It's of to a great start, and shows great potential. Now if we actually have some raid battles, and they face of against a dragon, this series will be one of my all time favorites as a former hardcore vanilla WoW player.

Paul said:

At the rate she was healing, that probably only helped the cat survive like 1 hit.

Doubt it even did that, she was healing like 1 hp / sec. Shirou just seemed to make her do it for psychological reasons.
Oct 30, 2013 5:24 PM

Jul 2013
Paul said:

HalfMetalJacket said:
Paul said:

Better than nothing I suppose.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 30, 2013 6:26 PM

Jun 2011
Saburo-kun said:
ugh, more explaining. I swear, they're going to give us information all the way up until episode 24, then in the last one they're going to utilize it all together as if it's some test to see how much we retained. It's like half the episode is fighting, and the other half explaining how they are doing so. "Healers, heal!" end of rant

From the looks of it, the explanations won't last much longer. Maybe 2-4 episodes more to kinda set things up and then the good stuff happens.

Oct 30, 2013 9:12 PM

Jan 2013
...some people are still saying this is a clone of SAO..because of the "setting?" Are you Freaking insane? If thats the case SAO is a clone of .Hack or Serial Exp, Lain.
Oct 31, 2013 3:17 AM

May 2013
best episode so far but still.... MEH this is a game not an anime - -''

i cant understand y this' is so popular, watch SAMURAI FLAMENCO guys, it is much much better
Oct 31, 2013 10:45 AM
Jul 2018
It was interesting,makes me crave playing some MMORPG...also liked Nyanta,since in DnD I usually like to play as swashbuckler. :)
But maybe less explanations would not hurt,since it disrupts pace a little.
Oct 31, 2013 1:07 PM

Nov 2009
na35899 said:
best episode so far but still.... MEH this is a game not an anime - -''

i cant understand y this' is so popular, watch SAMURAI FLAMENCO guys, it is much much better

it's popular exactly because it's a game
Oct 31, 2013 2:25 PM

Nov 2011
I really hope this show stays this awesome,

Awesome fight at the end. And I loved the explanation. Very nice touch.
Oct 31, 2013 5:00 PM
Jul 2013
That episode as entertaining, ever wonder Shiroe more agility to form plans without notice. And I thought that this series was going to be boring.
Nov 1, 2013 7:44 AM

Apr 2013
That was a nice battle. I like the way they explain all the game mechanics even though it slows down the action. I hope they'll stick to those rules unlike SAO which excuses everything with "The power of love" or Just BECAUSE!!! -_-
Nov 1, 2013 8:57 AM

Jun 2012
JizzyHitler said:
Though i kind of wish everyone wasnt alreayd at the level cap
Yeah same here, I find that pretty annoying that they're all at max. No room for growth really. I guess that's supposed to make things more about skill and teamwork... if anything I know in like Guild Wars 2 and WoW, over half the game takes place after you hit max level.
Nov 1, 2013 10:05 AM

Sep 2011
HalibelTheEspada said:
JizzyHitler said:
Yeah same here, I find that pretty annoying that they're all at max. No room for growth really. I guess that's supposed to make things more about skill and teamwork... if anything I know in like Guild Wars 2 and WoW, over half the game takes place after you hit max level.
the thing that gets me about is, theres supposed to be a new expansion right? the fuck kind of expansion doesnt raise the level cap

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 1, 2013 1:08 PM

Jun 2013
JizzyHitler said:
HalibelTheEspada said:
JizzyHitler said:
the thing that gets me about is, theres supposed to be a new expansion right? the fuck kind of expansion doesnt raise the level cap

Actually, the expansion raised the level cap to 100. It is just that the main characters are not quite sure about that yet. Rushing levels would probably be mentioned in the next arc, though that wouldn't be a major plot point until much later.
Nov 2, 2013 12:50 AM
Nov 2013
Vatskan said:
Worst episode so far in my opinion, but it still was decent. I thought the fight was way too drawn out, and it didn't make much sense. If the plan was simply to use thorn bind hostage two times in a row by timing Nyantas fast dual wield attacks with Shiroes cooldown (I assume that the spell lasted 15 seconds, like the cooldown. Otherwise there would be no point in timing it so precisely), why didn't they do it earlier? All they had to do was keep up the fight till boss only had around 10k hp left, and then go. I don't see the point of making such a simple fight last for about 7 minutes, depending on were you start counting. Still, the worst part is that they actually didn't show how they beat him. We did not see Shiroe cast thorn bind hostage twice. And the fact that Akatsuki literally took out 5 players with one single attack. I call nerf on assassins with the next patch. The script right afterwards also didn't match her actions at all. She can't kill a monk with just a few attacks? She just took out 5 players in an instant!

The healing part also mislead me. I actually thought that he had some kind of spell he could cast on his allies that would trigger some kind of effect when healed or something, but I guess he's the kind of guy who uses every mean at his disposal, in spite of the healing in this case being utterly pointless. That or he wanted her to feel like she was helping out, and not just sitting back while letting the others do all the work. I guess I was just disappointed with all that buildup not leading anywhere new. Just the same spells and strategy we've already seen.

Overall though, the series is doing pretty good so far all things considered. I don't mind the repetitive jokes as much I usually do, and it's fun to see a story taking place in a mmo.

I don't know if you've read the light novel/manga yet.
Actually, I think the anime cut off some scenes that are in the light novel/manga.
Correct me if i'm wrong, someone in my country seems to have read the light novel points out that:
- The healing part's purpose is somehow different in the light novel/manga. Shiroe apparently doesn't just want to use the "heal" of Serara's healing skill, but also its (graphic) effects. Why?
- In light novel, the healers of Demikas' team "spread and hide" all over the place, not gather in a single spot (the anime apparently want to adjust the length of the fight, so just put them together lolz). And to kill them without making Demikas and his fellows realize, Shiroe must make them believe that the healers are still alive for the whole battle. So here come the healing (graphic) effects of Serara's.
- When Shiroe tells Serara to cast healing pulse on "everyone" (apparently everyone on sight, even the enemies). The healing (graphic) effects will remain on even Demikas' team, so they will think that the healers are keeping healing. But what they don't know is their healers are getting assassinated one by one by Akatsuki. Therefore, after having taken down all the healers, Shiroe and Mr.Kitty will make their combo, and there would be no more healers left to heal for them.

The thing I like the most is Nyanta's fight in this ep. He's such a bad-ass......
kantasaiNov 2, 2013 10:32 PM
Nov 2, 2013 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
kantasai said:
Vatskan said:
Worst episode so far in my opinion, but it still was decent. I thought the fight was way too drawn out, and it didn't make much sense. If the plan was simply to use thorn bind hostage two times in a row by timing Nyantas fast dual wield attacks with Shiroes cooldown (I assume that the spell lasted 15 seconds, like the cooldown. Otherwise there would be no point in timing it so precisely), why didn't they do it earlier? All they had to do was keep up the fight till boss only had around 10k hp left, and then go. I don't see the point of making such a simple fight last for about 7 minutes, depending on were you start counting. Still, the worst part is that they actually didn't show how they beat him. We did not see Shiroe cast thorn bind hostage twice. And the fact that Akatsuki literally took out 5 players with one single attack. I call nerf on assassins with the next patch. The script right afterwards also didn't match her actions at all. She can't kill a monk with just a few attacks? She just took out 5 players in an instant!

The healing part also mislead me. I actually thought that he had some kind of spell he could cast on his allies that would trigger some kind of effect when healed or something, but I guess he's the kind of guy who uses every mean at his disposal, in spite of the healing in this case being utterly pointless. That or he wanted her to feel like she was helping out, and not just sitting back while letting the others do all the work. I guess I was just disappointed with all that buildup not leading anywhere new. Just the same spells and strategy we've already seen.

Overall though, the series is doing pretty good so far all things considered. I don't mind the repetitive jokes as much I usually do, and it's fun to see a story taking place in a mmo.

Actually, I think the anime cut off some scenes that are in the light novel/manga.
Correct me if i'm wrong, someone in my country seems to have read the light novel points out that:
- The healing part's purpose is somehow different in the light novel/manga. Shiroe apparently doesn't just want to use the "heal" of the healing skill, but also its (graphic) effects. Why?
- In light novel, the healers of Demikas' team spread all over the place, not gather in a single spot (the anime apparently want to adjust the length of the fight, so just put them together lolz). And to kill them without making Demikas and his fellows realize, Shiroe must makes them believe that the healers are still alive for the whole battle. So here come the healing (graphic) effects of Serara's.
- When Shiroe tells Serara to cast healing pulse on "everyone" (apparently everyone on sight, even the enemies). The healing (graphic) effects will remain on even Demikas' team, so they will think that the healers are keeping healing. But what they don't know is their healers getting assassinated one by one by Akatsuki. Therefore, after they have taken down all the healers, Shiroe and Mr.Kitty will make their combo, and there would be no more healers to heal for them.

The thing I like the most is Nyanta's fight in this ep. He's such a bad-ass......

That actually sounds pretty awesome. If the anime were more faithful though, would the fight would have lasted longer? Not sure why they would modify the scene.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Nov 3, 2013 1:10 AM

Nov 2009
kantasai said:
Vatskan said:

- The healing part's purpose is somehow different in the light novel/manga. Shiroe apparently doesn't just want to use the "heal" of Serara's healing skill, but also its (graphic) effects. Why?
- In light novel, the healers of Demikas' team "spread and hide" all over the place, not gather in a single spot (the anime apparently want to adjust the length of the fight, so just put them together lolz). And to kill them without making Demikas and his fellows realize, Shiroe must make them believe that the healers are still alive for the whole battle. So here come the healing (graphic) effects of Serara's.
- When Shiroe tells Serara to cast healing pulse on "everyone" (apparently everyone on sight, even the enemies). The healing (graphic) effects will remain on even Demikas' team, so they will think that the healers are keeping healing. But what they don't know is their healers are getting assassinated one by one by Akatsuki. Therefore, after having taken down all the healers, Shiroe and Mr.Kitty will make their combo, and there would be no more healers left to heal for them.

So I was right... I had a feeling that Serara was healing everyone (even Demikas's team), seeing as how Shiroe phrased it. If Akatsuki started attacking right when Serara started casting her healing pulse, there would've been more than enough time for Akatsuki to take out all the healers within that timeframe.
Nov 3, 2013 3:27 AM

Sep 2012
It was an intense episode. But I feel a bit cheated by this anime. The strategy are nice and such, but they seem a bit pointless considering how OP the MCs seem to be, Akatsuki killing all those guys in a single instant was kinda cheap and reflects totally my impression of the fight.
Nov 3, 2013 3:44 AM

Sep 2008
SetsukoHara said:
It was an intense episode. But I feel a bit cheated by this anime. The strategy are nice and such, but they seem a bit pointless considering how OP the MCs seem to be, Akatsuki killing all those guys in a single instant was kinda cheap and reflects totally my impression of the fight.

Ehm, you may want to check some MMOs bout that.

An assassin with decent gear vs undergeared healers 1 on 1 is pretty much over in 2 seconds unless the healer is aware the attack is coming.
While normally healer IS aware of oncoming attack, it was stated in 1st episode that they have normal first person view, which makes them unable to see behind, so yeah, healers without guarding are a dead meat.

Also notice in all 3 episodes where she fought human enemies she did exactly the same, sniping healers.
She's perfect at her job, max lvl assassin doing what she should, not engaging enemies head on, but going for support characters. I simply see no problems there.

As for the episode, I'm glad to see more party members of DTP (I'd spell it wrong if I tried to write full name).
Why is the town in ruins if it's no PvP zone though.
Nov 3, 2013 9:48 PM

Jun 2012
nina4life said:
It's most likely no reason in particular besides to fit the post-apocalyptic Earth setting. I kinda doubt if they can really affect much in the towns. Also though, the town isn't a player, so you never know... maybe it's treated as PvE.
Nov 4, 2013 3:58 AM

Sep 2012
kantasai said:
Vatskan said:

- When Shiroe tells Serara to cast healing pulse on "everyone" (apparently everyone on sight, even the enemies). The healing (graphic) effects will remain on even Demikas' team, so they will think that the healers are keeping healing. But what they don't know is their healers are getting assassinated one by one by Akatsuki. Therefore, after having taken down all the healers, Shiroe and Mr.Kitty will make their combo, and there would be no more healers left to heal for them..
That means Vatskan may have been right in calling the episode the worst in the series so far since the change from the LN means that the smart strategy of Shiroe does not make sense any more, and worse it led to watchers being confused about the whole thing including if Serara was healing everyone.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2013 1:42 PM

Jun 2013
Huge improvement from episode 3! :)
Nov 9, 2013 3:45 PM
Jun 2010
nina4life said:
SetsukoHara said:

Ehm, you may want to check some MMOs bout that.

An assassin with decent gear vs undergeared healers 1 on 1 is pretty much over in 2 seconds unless the healer is aware the attack is coming.
While normally healer IS aware of oncoming attack, it was stated in 1st episode that they have normal first person view, which makes them unable to see behind, so yeah, healers without guarding are a dead meat.

Also notice in all 3 episodes where she fought human enemies she did exactly the same, sniping healers.
She's perfect at her job, max lvl assassin doing what she should, not engaging enemies head on, but going for support characters. I simply see no problems there.

As for the episode, I'm glad to see more party members of DTP (I'd spell it wrong if I tried to write full name).

You definitely know your stuff, but quite often, the 1 hit kill is usually when used on lower level players. when used on players of the same level, even on a healer, it usually requires two skills where the first skill does a drastic amount of damage.

If the healer does know in time, most game gives healer one of threes skills to counter to buy time. either a knock-back skill, a temporary invulnerability skills, or an "emergency" healing skill. More modern game op for healer to have a dodge skill or even a teleportation skill.

There's also an issue with balancing healers, since it is very difficult and delicate to balance. In a lot of game, healers are often too weak or too op especially in a 1-on-1 pvp confrontation.
Nov 10, 2013 10:23 AM

Oct 2011
I thought the fight was really good and the mechanics used were well explained and realistic! Serara is adorable, and only level 19 so lots of room for her to grow. Nyanta seems like a good addition to the group too.
Nov 11, 2013 8:10 PM

Jun 2011
I find Serara to be tad annoying, but the actions were awesome, and I like Nyanto, but we need more Naotsugu, I find him to be really badass XD
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 12, 2013 4:23 AM

Sep 2008
Much more exciting than the past episodes. Hope they have more like this.
Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2013

375 by Selltar »»
May 10, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

404 by CrazyButNot4U »»
May 10, 4:39 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 30, 2013

268 by MFM32 »»
Mar 3, 6:34 PM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 7, 2013

229 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 31, 2:27 AM

Poll: » Log Horizon Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 23, 2013

209 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 30, 10:35 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.