Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 25, 2013 7:20 AM
Mar 2012
Oct 25, 2013 9:19 AM

Sep 2011
I dont even have a shred of belief of that, at the panel in otakon where the show was announced shinichiro watanabe said himself it'd only be 13 episodes, and then jokingly said if it was popular enough there are enough designs of aliens that they could do 100 episodes, though he was very clearly kidding

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2013 9:23 AM
Mar 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
I dont even have a shred of belief of that, at the panel in otakon where the show was announced shinichiro watanabe said himself it'd only be 13 episodes, and then jokingly said if it was popular enough there are enough designs of aliens that they could do 100 episodes, though he was very clearly kidding

It's possible that it was originally going to be a 13 episode anime, but now it's 26 episodes. I'm inclined to believe that Toonami would know how many episodes the show would actually be. Although Watanabe is a good source of info too so until the info is contradicted by solicitations or such, 26 episodes sounds credible.
Oct 25, 2013 9:48 AM

Sep 2011
AbZeroNow said:
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

It's possible that it was originally going to be a 13 episode anime, but now it's 26 episodes. I'm inclined to believe that Toonami would know how many episodes the show would actually be. Although Watanabe is a good source of info too so until the info is contradicted by solicitations or such, 26 episodes sounds credible.

seeing how it was announced in august, i doubt they'd be able to make 13 more episodes in the short 3 months its been since then

and im not sure why your taking an american based TV channel is more credible than the creator/writer/director's word, especially since the link you provided says nothing about its ep count

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Oct 25, 2013 10:02 AM
Mar 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
AbZeroNow said:

seeing how it was announced in august, i doubt they'd be able to make 13 more episodes in the short 3 months its been since then

and im not sure why your taking an american based TV channel is more credible than the creator/writer/director's word, especially since the link you provided says nothing about its ep count

OK, looks like Toonami edited out the mention of 26 episodes. Watanabe saying 13 episodes again sounds rather credible. There has to be a reason why they had mentioned 26 episodes though.
Nov 3, 2013 1:52 PM

Jul 2012
Well they will probably make 13 episodes and if it's popular enough, there might be a second season. The only thing to do is wait for it to air.
Nov 8, 2013 6:38 AM

Jul 2010
its 13. the good thing about Watanabe is his show's length masterfully delivers what he wants to deliver.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Dec 31, 2013 12:30 AM

Sep 2011
It was now 26; and you must be happy for it :))

More than half of BONES' anime are 2 cour.
Dec 31, 2013 12:35 AM

Sep 2011
KurizenT said:

wait where was this confirmed? I'll be fucking ecstatic if its true but it just seems weird since i was 15 feet away from wattannabe when he announced this and said it would only be 13 episodes

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Dec 31, 2013 12:39 AM

Sep 2011
NotJizzyHitler said:
KurizenT said:

wait where was this confirmed? I'll be fucking ecstatic if its true but it just seems weird since i was 15 feet away from wattannabe when he announced this and said it would only be 13 episodes

It was there in MAL. I've also checked ANN and it was really going to be 26 eps.
Dec 31, 2013 12:46 AM

Sep 2011
KurizenT said:
NotJizzyHitler said:
KurizenT said:

It was there in MAL. I've also checked ANN and it was really going to be 26 eps.
they have been wrong before especially ann, however they better not be fucking wrong because the amount of

Coursing through my body at the thought of 26 episodes is hard to contain(also captain earth better be 24-26 episodes, please god based bones please)

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 5, 2014 12:29 PM

Apr 2013
Is it officially 26 episodes or what?
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Jan 5, 2014 12:34 PM
Jul 2012
I guess that Space dandy features 12 episodes of dub, and other 12 for subbed I think I see. I don't know if that's true, but I think it's going to be same thing to all other shows showing all episodes.
Jan 5, 2014 3:19 PM

Jul 2010
26 episodes? Fucking awesome.
Jan 8, 2014 9:37 AM

Sep 2011
its probably more safe to assume 13 episodes since i dont see anywhere where it was officially confirmed to be 26

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 11, 2014 9:58 PM

Sep 2011
sadly it seems the 13 episodes is now confirmed

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 12, 2014 8:36 PM

Jul 2010
^ Wait really? Source please?
Jan 13, 2014 6:56 AM

Jun 2013
Akanezora said:
^ Wait really? Source please?

24 November: Space Dandy – Collectors BD set (13 episodes, SRP £69.99)

24 November: Space Dandy – DVD edition (13 episodes, SRP £49.99)

^Pulled from Anime Limited's list of 2014 releases, they're also the ones who hold the streaming rights in the UK.

It should be noted that this is the only release where they specified the amount of episodes, which may imply that this is a 2-part release, where they release the first 13 episodes in one set, and the remaining 13 episodes in another set.

It could also mean that Space Dandy will be 13 episodes, and no more than that as well...
SouthPacificJan 13, 2014 7:44 AM
Jan 13, 2014 10:51 AM

Jul 2010
Thank you for the info.
Damn, I really hope there's going to be a 2nd set later on.
Jan 13, 2014 11:31 AM

Sep 2011
Akanezora said:
Thank you for the info.
Damn, I really hope there's going to be a 2nd set later on.
sadly due to the series likely bombing in japan i doubt we will get another one, who knows if adult swim an keep ordering new boondok's series from madhouse maybe more space dandy isnt out of the question, but for now it seems this 13 episodes thing is essentially onfirmed

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jan 13, 2014 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
NotJizzyHitler said:
sadly due to the series likely bombing in japan i doubt we will get another one, who knows if adult swim an keep ordering new boondok's series from madhouse maybe more space dandy isnt out of the question, but for now it seems this 13 episodes thing is essentially onfirmed

Believe it or not I heard that Cowboy Bebop actually did really well in Japan, so I could see this going the same way.
Jan 13, 2014 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Battlechili1 said:
NotJizzyHitler said:

Believe it or not I heard that Cowboy Bebop actually did really well in Japan, so I could see this going the same way.
Yah but space dandy is a ridiculous comedy that will likely never get serious while bebop was a serious drama with some comedy bits here and there. Plus sadly i could have sworn people were saying space dandy's rating while good here were nothing short of abysmal in japan, granted it seemed like they were expecting this, so lets hope dandy continues to have success elsewhere in the world

If this series is a comercial bomb i will be convinced that people dislike fun

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 2, 2014 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Dandy-Collectors-Blu-ray-episodes/dp/B00HRTHTBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392664278&sr=8-1&keywords=space+dandy

confirmed 13 episodes

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 2, 2014 5:28 PM

Nov 2012
JizzyHitler said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Space-Dandy-Collectors-Blu-ray-episodes/dp/B00HRTHTBK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1392664278&sr=8-1&keywords=space+dandy

confirmed 13 episodes
I'm disappointed
Episode 5 will always be golden to me.
Mar 5, 2014 10:25 AM

Jan 2009
Mar 5, 2014 10:42 AM

Jan 2013
I don't even know what to believe anymore
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 5, 2014 12:58 PM

Sep 2011
Ame_Sama said:
https://twitter.com/liborek3/statuses/441181134731223040

26 episode, split-cours.
there is a god

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 5, 2014 1:17 PM

Nov 2011
Nice. I'm assuming the second half will air this Fall.
Mar 5, 2014 1:44 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
probably that but assuming break blade is only 1 cour there may be hope that it'll air in summer

though will mal break this into 2 separate pages or will this count as a single show is my question

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 5, 2014 2:03 PM

Sep 2011
Too bad it's not a 26 whole series. I need my weekly dandy fix. Though, I'm glad it will get another 13.
Mar 5, 2014 5:21 PM

Nov 2011
JizzyHitler said:
Stark700 said:
probably that but assuming break blade is only 1 cour there may be hope that it'll air in summer

though will mal break this into 2 separate pages or will this count as a single show is my question

I think most likely the case where MAL divides it into separate entries like in the past with F/Z, Jormungand, Valvrave, etc.
Mar 5, 2014 5:51 PM

Sep 2011
Stark700 said:
JizzyHitler said:
Stark700 said:

I think most likely the case where MAL divides it into separate entries like in the past with F/Z, Jormungand, Valvrave, etc.
oh ok if that was the case with those other 3 shows then it'll definetly be the case with dandy. hey maybe the 2nd half of the episodes will be able to break into the 8.00 score since the current series will likley stay at 7.60

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 5, 2014 6:13 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
So, it's 26. Was feeling like a zombie at the thought of only 13.
Mar 5, 2014 6:55 PM

Jul 2013
I am so happy to hear this news, but I am kind of curious at whether remaining episodes of this cour will stay as a comedy, and then the 2nd cour is where things start to get more serious a la episode 5. Or instead the 2nd cour consists of episodes that are part 2s of the 1st cour's episodes (Since all of them so far ended with to be continued...(s)), that would be pretty interesting.
45RavagerMar 5, 2014 6:59 PM
Mar 7, 2014 2:01 PM

Sep 2011
45Ravager said:
I am so happy to hear this news, but I am kind of curious at whether remaining episodes of this cour will stay as a comedy, and then the 2nd cour is where things start to get more serious a la episode 5. Or instead the 2nd cour consists of episodes that are part 2s of the 1st cour's episodes (Since all of them so far ended with to be continued...(s)), that would be pretty interesting.
I recall at otakon saying that there was going to be some more tragic things going on near the end. im curious as to whats up with dandy's past and how he and QT teamed up which i feel like will be a more serious ep

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 7, 2014 4:16 PM

Nov 2012
Thank god, I was pretty depressed about it being just 13 eps since I've been loving the series except for a few eps.

BatoKusanagi said:
So, it's 26. Was feeling like a zombie at the thought of only 13.
Lol same here.
Mar 8, 2014 8:29 PM

Jul 2013
JizzyHitler said:
45Ravager said:
I recall at otakon saying that there was going to be some more tragic things going on near the end. im curious as to whats up with dandy's past and how he and QT teamed up which i feel like will be a more serious ep

I am interested in knowing Dandy's backstory, and how he found QT (Maybe this story would also be how he found the ship as well). If what was said at Otakon was true, then I look forward to see how tragic things get.
Mar 8, 2014 8:39 PM

Jan 2013
45Ravager said:

Holy shit either one of those scenarios would be awesome. Personally though I really hope the second cour consists of more serious episodes like the end of episode 2/episode 5.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 8, 2014 11:10 PM
Oct 2012
Lol, I'll be damned if something insane like happens in episode 13 like it did with school-days, then it's all HYPE HYPE HYPE for the next few months.......
Mar 9, 2014 6:36 AM

Sep 2011
I think people should control their expectations of serious episodes in the 2nd half, its still gonna be a comedy for the most part, plus im not entirely sure if my memory of wattannabe at otakon is even accurate, i just recall him mentioning the word tragedy

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Mar 10, 2014 6:58 PM

May 2013
The more the better.
My anime blog
Latest Post: The Zero Requiem (Analysis of the Ending of Code Geass)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2014

150 by crotaku15 »»
Apr 25, 5:37 AM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 26, 2014

189 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 27, 12:31 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 22, 2014

95 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 11:10 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2014

94 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Space☆Dandy Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

omega_d94 - Mar 8, 2014

138 by Majutsuishi »»
Mar 26, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.