Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Oct 29, 2013 1:47 AM
Oct 2012
THAT ENDING OH MAN i kinda expected it but STILL
Oct 29, 2013 2:36 AM

Jul 2013
I know whats gonna happen next... this is just a theory ( I don't read manga/LN) Kaga will reject Banri but after finding out that Linda was his girlfriend she will be jealous and she will realize that she loved Banri after all. BTW great ep.
Oct 29, 2013 5:03 PM

May 2011
Just watched episode 4, I like Koko but I thought what Koko did to Chinami was a bit too far. I do feel a bit sorry for her though.

Anyways, very interesting discovery at the end. I wonder how he'll confront Linda next episode. Wonder what his old personality was like as well and if Linda and Tada were dating or just childhood friends.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2013 5:28 PM

Jul 2013
I was actually expecting a stronger rebuke after she ramped up the bitch factor pretty high there. He was surprisingly calm about it. Oh well maybe Koko will grow up a bit from this (maybe).

The fact that Linda knows him and hasn't said anything yet is pretty interesting as well.
Oct 29, 2013 6:59 PM

May 2011
Aerensianic said:
I was actually expecting a stronger rebuke after she ramped up the bitch factor pretty high there. He was surprisingly calm about it. Oh well maybe Koko will grow up a bit from this (maybe).

The fact that Linda knows him and hasn't said anything yet is pretty interesting as well.

Yeah, I was surprised how Mitsuo kept his cool and didn't scream at Koko, especially since he later reveals that he likes Chinami.

I was thinking Linda kept quiet because she doesn't want to appear like she's disappointed in Tada like everyone else has (at least from Tada's view). But actually, I thought it was interesting how Tada and Linda didn't meet at all prior to them meeting in the college. Like did she visit him in the hospital and he just forgot? Or maybe she just never came to see him after the accident, which would be tough to understand given their relationship from the pictures.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 30, 2013 5:05 AM

Jun 2008
shast007 said:
after seeing the picture of banri and linda i already have a conclusion about the story

-linda follow banri in the college school, then it appears that linda want banri to join in their club to recall his memory, ( its like a " Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" kodaka-banri, yozora-linda ) maybe linda follow banri to do unknown club in ep 3, and appears she want to save banri that banri thinks its coincident. well this is my idea how this anime run, watching" Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai" gave me this idea :)

Linda didn't follow Banri to college. Banri had to be wait a year because of his memory loss due to the accident. She went on to college while he rehabilitated and relearned everything. So Banri and Linda are the same age but she has one year up on him in college.
I'm thinking that Banri's mom somehow contacted her to watch over Banri when in college. I haven't gotten beyond chapter 5 in the LN to know if this is true or not.

I'll say this again, because the director/writers short changed the cult scene, the Yana/Kouko rejection scene, the Festival Club scene and the Live House scene they elimated a lot of who Kouko is, her true personality. Instead they gave us a very superficial and gloss over of who she really is. From this alone it makes her look very shallow and not liked (as seen by the responces).
Dodecahedron-O24Oct 30, 2013 5:13 AM
What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?

Oct 30, 2013 6:03 AM

Oct 2009
No wonder Mitsuo hates Kouko, she really does take it way too far. I hope Linda and Tada get together but probably not >.>
Oct 30, 2013 10:36 AM

Jul 2013
Hahha. I just love that Nana moment XDDD It kicks off :D
And i love Koko- she's much more 'human' than Linda :/
We're all mad here
Oct 30, 2013 2:04 PM

Oct 2009
I'm a bit late to the discussion. I love this episode, I think this is going to be a nice drama.

Well, just want to put some points from previous episodes:

Episode 01
01) Banri has just arrive in Tokyo for the first time
02) Koko father runs a big hospital
03) Mitsuo was deliberately matched to Koko by his father (dunno if they had Ranma engagement plan)
04) Koko is the one decide to marry Mitsuo
05) Chinami interested in Mitsuo and Koko (or 'beautiful' people in general)
06) Linda know Banri had amnesia, and she introduce herself like a person that never met before
07) It seems Banri subconsciously remember something when he compliment Linda lipstick.. (I find it really weird to compliment the lips of a girl you've just met )
08) Banri is still being contacted by the hospital
09) The incident that causes his amnesia is he was run over by motorcycle while waiting for someone

Episode 02
01) There was incident while he was hospitalized, he got lost, and was found by someone (a sillhuette of a girl? my guess its Linda)
02) Chinami and Mitsuo joined the same club
03) Tea club is full of weirdos, more like Sake club, Banri met 2D-kun
04) Linda saved Banri the second time, she seems a bit sad that Banri still didn't remember her
05) Koko didn't have friends at campus
06) Cult group began approaching Banri and Koko

Episode 03
01) 2D-kun had a crush with Koko
02) The trio (Banri, Koko, 2D) dragged into neo-something cult
03) Banri reveal his amnesia
04) Banri and Koko escapes the cult and share their side of stories
05) Banri had flashback about the hospital incident
06) They both was found by Linda

Episode 04
01) Mitsuo was worried about Koko
02) Chinami was threatened by Koko (poor Chinami, I don't know if she still likes Koko after this)
03) Banri had another flashback when Linda tell him not to forget
04) Mitsuo was decided to cut it off from Koko and choose Chinami instead (maybe she was only used as a reason to stop Koko)
05) NANA has a stage of her own in Golden Time
06) Banri tell his feelings to Koko
07) Banri found out old photograph of 'him' and Linda

Damn, this all reminds me of Kimi ga nozomu eien !
Edit: The preview looks like the place where the incident that causes amnesia was happened.
azzuReOct 30, 2013 2:14 PM
The most important things in life is the people that you care about
Oct 30, 2013 2:20 PM

Oct 2012
The Girl #1 loves the Boy #1. But the Boy #1 loves another girl.
The Boy #2 loves the Girl #1. But the Girl #1 is still too heartbroken over Boy #1.
The Girl #2 loves the Boy #2. But the Boy #2 has already forgotten about Girl #2.
The Boy #2 remembers the Girl #2. Now he has to choose between his former and future love.

I bet you can easily tell who is who. This episode had some clever written dialogues.

And after some time:
After the Boy #1 sees the Girl #1 and the Boy #2 together dating he realizes that he still loves the Girl #1, yet it's too late to get her back.
The Girl #2 is heartbroken over the Boy #2 and Boy #1 is heartbroken over the Girl #1.
The Boy #1 and the Girl #2 starts dating together. The end.
Mich666Oct 30, 2013 2:29 PM
Oct 30, 2013 2:31 PM

Oct 2012
azzuRe said:
Damn, this all reminds me of Kimi ga nozomu eien !

I have the same feeling! Though KGNE is one of my top anime and Golden Time has yet to prove its worth.
Oct 30, 2013 2:42 PM

Jul 2013
Xikarra said:
You know you're a white knight when they make it detestable and still you like it.

Linda best anyway.

Fix'd.
Oct 30, 2013 7:52 PM

Aug 2013
I actually enjoy the serious talks in this anime. Also that confession and Kouko reaction. Aaand the twist.
Oct 30, 2013 10:03 PM

Jun 2012
Man, I knew Linda was someone from his past. Most likely she is/was in love with him, perhaps even his girlfriend. Hopefully it wasn't a situation like Kaga x Mitsuo.

And damn, I hate to admit it, but Kaga really reminds me of myself by the way she constantly fucks up her own plans by saying/doing stupid things in the heat of the moment. Yet I'd definitely go for Linda before Kaga, if I had the choice. Of course there's a good chance that Linda's a drastically different person than what she seems, but hopefully she's exactly how she seems... she did look really happy in those pictures.

But I also like Kaga, and there's no denying that her and Tada seem to have good chemistry. So as long as he goes with one of them, I'll be satisfied with his choice... but they all need happy endings!

Also wth was the point in that scream-o chick randomly inviting them to her concert, if she was gonna nonchalantly kick them out like that, lol. I guess if I read NANA I'd probably get the reference.
HalibelTheEspadaOct 30, 2013 10:10 PM
Oct 31, 2013 4:11 AM
Dec 2012
HalibelTheEspada said:
Man, I knew Linda was someone from his past. Most likely she is/was in love with him, perhaps even his girlfriend. Hopefully it wasn't a situation like Kaga x Mitsuo.

And damn, I hate to admit it, but Kaga really reminds me of myself by the way she constantly fucks up her own plans by saying/doing stupid things in the heat of the moment. Yet I'd definitely go for Linda before Kaga, if I had the choice. Of course there's a good chance that Linda's a drastically different person than what she seems, but hopefully she's exactly how she seems... she did look really happy in those pictures.

But I also like Kaga, and there's no denying that her and Tada seem to have good chemistry. So as long as he goes with one of them, I'll be satisfied with his choice... but they all need happy endings!

Also wth was the point in that scream-o chick randomly inviting them to her concert, if she was gonna nonchalantly kick them out like that, lol. I guess if I read NANA I'd probably get the reference.

i doubt it's the same situation like mitsuo x kaga. i won't say it's impossible that the love connection to be unrequited, but she's clearly not as clingy to tada or she would have tried to at least tried to get back in touch with tada between that year when he wasn't in school.
Oct 31, 2013 8:00 AM

Oct 2013
PrimeX said:
I know whats gonna happen next... this is just a theory ( I don't read manga/LN) Kaga will reject Banri but after finding out that Linda was his girlfriend she will be jealous and she will realize that she loved Banri after all. BTW great ep.

I think so too. I hope it's more than the cliche though.

When is the next episode going to go out?
Oct 31, 2013 12:49 PM

Jul 2010
deftnessx said:
myd10oz said:
Koko was annoying at start but I loved when she accepted herself as a Baka.She knows what she is.I think they skipped last part a bit.
I'm suprised, he already confessed his feelings for her ..Now ,when will they start daitng ? ;)
This is spoiler what will happen

Thanks,I read lots of spoilers.
Oct 31, 2013 2:12 PM

Aug 2012
Well damn. That picked up pretty quick. There's just way too many people involved in this relationship, holy shit.

7/10
This topic has not been locked and is still available for discussion.
Nov 1, 2013 9:16 AM
Sep 2012
Nana being in this episode was great to see. I hope she shows up more.
Nov 1, 2013 4:22 PM

Sep 2010
I actually dropped toradora and was kinda skeptical about golden time from people saying they were similar since its from the same author but its mostly been pretty good so far. The twist makes things a lot more interesting and cant wait to see more although I hope tada ends up with linda though I think the percentage is 0 due to the OP.
Nov 2, 2013 12:32 AM
Jul 2018
I've never watched or read Nana, but she still surprised me when she appeared.
That twist though, so Linda is Tadas childhood/high school friend?
Nov 2, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2008
Wow, very good episode. I kind of lost some admiration for Kouko but she just can't help it.
Nov 2, 2013 9:55 PM

Jul 2012
Damn they left out a LOT. This was way too rushed!
Nov 4, 2013 1:17 AM

Sep 2010
shit got real at the end
Nov 4, 2013 2:21 AM

Mar 2013
If anything, Mitsuo was the bitch in all this. He denied her, kept things from her, she did so much and in the end he puts her down and becomes a lolicon. You serious. She didn't have the right to act like a bitch, but he didn't have the right to treat her like shit either. He could have done it slowly and less painfully. What a hypocrite. Does the rich brat not understand how long a lifetime IS, and especially her admiring him for a lifetime he isn't the one to bloody say she is inconsiderate when he was all that time. God i am angry at Mitsuo. Bloody snobby lolicon.
Nov 4, 2013 8:59 AM

Sep 2008
lol Nana.

The relationship is complicated.
Nov 4, 2013 11:16 AM

Mar 2011
No development at all. Students still don't studying, the bitch still bitchin' and Nana still cosplaying.
Seriously, Kouko is becoming more and more annoying, I know she won't be alone, but should be.
Nov 4, 2013 3:07 PM

Jun 2012
Well I don't like Tada, and think Mitsuo should see Kouko's other side, but that's just my thoughts. Mitsuo, as angry as he was, was kind of cold-hearted in that conversation.
That confession. ., and I wonder what's going to happen to Linda since Tada likes Kouko, or maybe she's just a friend throughout the series or something.

Nov 5, 2013 5:48 AM

Apr 2011
Kouko's bitch mode came out unexpected. That's the one thing I really hated about her. It's a good thing she realized that about her. I can really see now why Mistuo hates her, and he's done a good thing to talk it over and finish the problem. She also realize that she ignored his feelings and ignored his opinion. No matter how beautiful she is if there's no understanding to one another, their relationship won't last long. Both of them will be unhappy.

I wonder what will happen now to Kouko? What will she reply to Banri's confession? Yes, it really felt out of place for him to confess to her at that stage since she's still recovering.

I hope she apologizes to Chinami. If she did that she'll redeem herself. I hope she improves and learn from her mistakes.

It seems like Linda knew about Tada's amnesia why is she not saying anything about their past? Both looks so copy and a couple in the picture.

Golden Time and White Album 2 are the two best romance animes I've watch for a long time. Its good to watch this types once in a while. Gawd, who so many good animes this fall? But I love it.
MagitoNov 5, 2013 5:53 AM
Nov 5, 2013 1:03 PM

Dec 2009
Awesome cliffhanger ending. Almost got goosebumps.
Mitsuo acted like an asshole.
Nov 9, 2013 12:58 AM

Nov 2011
3/5

Ah! But what happens? The originality that was visible in the first two episodes, gives way to a horror both technical-chart of what the story! Emotions and characters that are invalid for most of the time predictable! D:
But I say, if they are not going to spend the money to make a decent animated series, but unstintingly of them ... gosh! ^ ^ "
Kaga, just like in the beginning of episode and during the concert, then nothing .... Tada makes me drop my arms instead!
Plot is not epic, but it is the narrative to disappoint, some too obvious narrative choices, that you put with Mitsuo Oka, but should be? And Tada immediately to tell him Kouko I like you, it is you thought! XD
Not good ... really! You are not creating the harmony that must be perceived before the events or certain phrases!
The designs are really very beautiful!
Are all too magnanimous to give as score 3/5!
Nov 11, 2013 2:21 PM

May 2011
Just sstarted wathcing this anime today, and I am liking it a lot so far! I'm a freshman at an university myself, so the beginning was hilariously relatable.

As for this episode itself, it was really good, quite a lot of progress. I'd like if Tada ended up with Linda in the end, but if the premise is anyhting to go by, I suppose we're getting Kouko? Quite a shame; she's an interesting character, but Linda seems more likeable both in looks and personality - though I guess we don't know much about the former yet.
Nov 12, 2013 10:14 PM

Sep 2013
OMG NANA?? !! that made me so happy... ahh tears. I love nana lol :'(

anyway... I absolutely HATED kouko most of this episode, but her at the punk concert thing was kinda funny... until she got on stage -_-

do guys like tada banri even exist? he's gonna have to get tired of her shit too eventually, won't he? I'm curious as to where this will go in that sense. I don't get him yet...
and yet, as much as I'm hating kouko for sucking so much right now... I can't help but understand a small little part of her... :/ so once again, kinda curious as to where this will go... hopefully she matures a little bit so I can be less pissed off D:

and k woah, plot twist at the end.
mika_chuNov 12, 2013 10:20 PM
Nov 18, 2013 10:29 AM

Nov 2012
I knew Linda had something to do with Banri's paaast >.<!!!!! I just hope she gets more screen moments now! I'm still curious about why he called her Barbara but I guess we'll figure out that later.
Las firmas estan sobrevaloradas :P
Nov 19, 2013 10:57 AM

Aug 2007
Well, about nana and her appearance in this episode was so random, and so the photos of Tada and Linda sempai at the end of the episode.
Nov 19, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2011
Nana is like the savior of every girl with a broken heart ^^
Nov 24, 2013 2:45 AM

Aug 2010
Whoa this is fast (tada confessing i mean).. but at least it's not draggy!

I was so surprised to see NANA.. what a random cameo haha! Is the author a fan of NANA? :P
Nov 30, 2013 1:11 AM

Mar 2012
Shades of Toradora, nice ep!
Dec 6, 2013 5:18 PM

Apr 2012
Kouko in her current state doesn't deserve Banri... He's more suited for Linda.
Dec 17, 2013 4:07 PM

Oct 2013
Oh boyyyy........Linda or Kaga?...
Dec 21, 2013 9:46 AM

Jul 2013
2D-kun FTW!
Poor Oka, Koko didn't treat her well, but she knew she made a mistake after! Poor Koko too, after what happened with Mitsuo!
How about that confession and wow it turns out that Tada knew Linda way before!!!
PhinalPhlashDec 21, 2013 8:02 PM
Dec 21, 2013 8:43 PM

Jun 2011
I almost SCREAMED when I saw that rocker chick. I was like "OH MY GOD, NANA?!" then she said her name was NANA, and I went "NOOOOOOOOOO! <3"
"Aiming for the mark takes precision, balance, and patience."

....Screw that, let's shoot the damn thing!
Dec 26, 2013 4:47 PM
Sep 2013
That Nana reference was sooooo unexpected. Although I didn't like that she wasn't singing punk, it was still cool to see. They portrayed her personality well.

I liked the twist at the end of this episode. We'll see where it goes ...
Jan 5, 2014 6:44 AM

Apr 2009
Ah, obsession. How scary it could be at times. There goes my wish of seeing them all together as good friends, but pairing-wise it's not too bad.

Kouko went all nova this episode... but stars that die that way become nebulae that spawn new stars. Hopefully her obsession with Mitsuo really has died here... I'm rooting for Banri and her, anyway.

Looks like I was right last time about Linda... she's a female friend from his past, likely childhood friend, and perhaps even girlfriend. She's an upperclassman because he stopped for at least a year while in the hospital.

Saw that NANA reference, even if I haven't actually seen it. I know at least what the character looks like. xD
Jan 5, 2014 7:35 PM

Aug 2013
Dang, Linda and Banri <3
My Candies:
Jan 8, 2014 9:41 PM

Oct 2012
Dat Nana reference.
Jan 24, 2014 7:17 AM

Jun 2008
Was that NANA thing in the manga too? Brought amazing memories from that amazing anime.

Anyway. nice seeing the main guy going ahead with his feelings before the last few episodes although it was kind of a bad-good timing.
Feb 1, 2014 12:06 AM

May 2011
Aww damn, it always makes me sad whenever I see a depressed Kouko =/. Glad to see Banri confessing his feelings already though.
Feb 10, 2014 6:00 AM

Apr 2008
That end :O

Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

890 by daviddark27 »»
Apr 18, 5:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 30, 2014

268 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 30, 12:17 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 12, 2013

223 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 24, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 28, 2013

430 by SouthRzVa »»
Mar 20, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Golden Time Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2013

244 by LonelyPanda105 »»
Mar 20, 1:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.