Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 22, 2013 3:10 AM

Jan 2013
so many anime this genre has main protagonist with glasses and nerd ... whats up with this world ... what happened to cool anime boys ...
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Oct 22, 2013 3:13 AM
Nov 2009
The main characters has to be a reflection of the failures that are the viewers.
Oct 22, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2013
i know what you mean , well im 21 , i go to gym for years now , work like model but i still love anime , they are part of me , that doesnt need to mean i have to be fat and ugly if i watch anime and a nerd .... really -.- anime i think have great plot but i cnt stand male protagonist to look like that and i drop watching
Oct 22, 2013 3:40 AM

Dec 2011
Lucumo said:
The main characters has to be a reflection of the failures that are the viewers.

What so everyone who wears glasses is a failure?
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 22, 2013 3:43 AM

Jan 2013
no he meant , many people that watch anime are not popular in school ...
Oct 22, 2013 3:45 AM
Nov 2009
kuuderes_shadow said:
Lucumo said:

What so everyone who wears glasses is a failure?

Nope, but often enough it's part of the whole package.

Also, I wrote "viewers", so how can you say "everyone"?
Oct 22, 2013 3:49 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Given the type of character Keima is supposed to be I don't really think this is an issue -.-
Oct 22, 2013 3:51 AM

Jan 2013
no but he would look cool without glasses ... i just sayin anime becomed all the same .... anime like hagure yuusha didnt get 2 season and its awesome anime ... but stike the blood and machine doll look very promicing
Nov 3, 2013 5:34 PM
Jan 2013
Shomix said:
so many anime this genre has main protagonist with glasses and nerd ... whats up with this world ... what happened to cool anime boys ...

Yes he has glasses, and is a dating sim otaku.

But he doesn't act like a loser.He does have confidence unlike the numerous other whiny protagonists.

There is a difference between an attitude,action and a superficial outer image you know.

You aren't the only "exceptional" one that goes to the gym and I am a fan................
genesic123Nov 3, 2013 5:45 PM

Nov 5, 2013 3:50 PM

Jan 2013
just saying that anime like this with very good plot and i think 2 or 3 seasons should had cool mc ... like in strike the blood
Nov 5, 2013 3:57 PM

Mar 2012
Keima isn't cool? What dream world have you living in?
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Nov 5, 2013 5:37 PM

Jan 2013
watch strike the blood , and hagure yuusha , thats ideal mc ...
Nov 13, 2013 8:29 AM

Apr 2010
So, wearing glasses is a bad thing now? lolmal
Nov 13, 2013 8:31 AM

Sep 2012
lol this thread.

I agree OP. We need more bishounen main characters. Or otherwise normal people, not nerdy losers.

And fuck off with glasses. They're ugly. At least on guys they are.
Nov 15, 2013 6:32 AM
Oct 2011
This has to be the best worst thread I've ever seen on this website. The logical reasoning is off the charts on both sides.

I do think there are plenty enough proactive shounen protagonists as it is. This show would wouldn't be as good as it is without the quirky protagonist. Not to mention this isn't an action shounen like you seem to expect everything to be, OP. That's just called being narrow-minded.

But I was still convinced OP is very, very superficial (and this reflects through him as stupidity) and for that I pity him (not really). He's a dime a dozen person who thinks he's somehow "exceptional" for going to gym and watching anime. Guess what genius, you're not. The stereotype that anime is watched only by creepy otaku nerds doesn't hold well as anime is getting more mainstream by the day.

Red_Keys said:

Are you implying they wear glasses because they want to? You do know glasses exist because some people have sight impairment. Just because you don't have one, doesn't mean you can go around berating those for things they most likely had no way of affecting. At most, it makes you look like an insecure high school bully.

Sight impairment more often than not, carries through the genes. Or maybe it was due to an unfortunate accident. But I just hope you know sight impairment isn't something you really choose to get. And no, I don't wear glasses myself, but I really dislike people like you, who judge other people based on merits they could not affect themselves.
NikkeNov 15, 2013 6:51 AM
Nov 15, 2013 7:10 AM

Sep 2012
Nikke said:
Red_Keys said:

Are you implying they wear glasses because they want to? You do know glasses exist because some people have sight impairment. Just because you don't have one, doesn't mean you can go around berating those for things they most likely had no way of affecting. At most, it makes you look like an insecure high school bully.

Sight impairment more often than not, carries through the genes. Or maybe it was due to an unfortunate accident. But I just hope you know sight impairment isn't something you really choose to get. And no, I don't wear glasses myself, but I really dislike people like you, who judge other people based on merits they could not affect themselves.
You sound like the type of guy who got his lunch money stolen in middle school.

Like, if you wore glasses, you'd totally be called four-eyes.
Nov 15, 2013 9:39 AM
Oct 2011
Red_Keys said:
Nikke said:
Red_Keys said:

You sound like the type of guy who got his lunch money stolen in middle school.

Like, if you wore glasses, you'd totally be called four-eyes.

As expected, you reply with nothing meaningful.
Nov 15, 2013 9:51 AM

Sep 2012
Nikke said:
Dude, your whole response was a big fucking misled pile of bullshit, that really didn't deserve a "meaningful" response.

I could go into the little details if you really wanted me to, but frankly, I don't think something as trivial as this is worth either of our time.
Nov 15, 2013 10:52 AM
Oct 2011
Red_Keys said:
Nikke said:
Dude, your whole response was a big fucking misled pile of bullshit, that really didn't deserve a "meaningful" response.

I could go into the little details if you really wanted me to, but frankly, I don't think something as trivial as this is worth either of our time.

How was it misled? Actually I'm really, really curious so go on.

It is not as if typing a forum post now and then eats up our time that bad. The fact that you're here in the first place simply proves you have nothing better to do or you're a worthless procastrinator.
NikkeNov 15, 2013 11:43 AM
Nov 15, 2013 11:07 AM

Sep 2011
Shomix said:
i know what you mean , well im 21 , i go to gym for years now , work like model but i still love anime , they are part of me , that doesnt need to mean i have to be fat and ugly if i watch anime and a nerd .... really -.- anime i think have great plot but i cnt stand male protagonist to look like that and i drop watching
oh my god this thread become pure gold form this post on.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 15, 2013 12:40 PM

Dec 2012
To answer the OP's question, the MC in this anime, Keima, was depicted as a frail guy wearing glasses to fit the stereotype of a shut-in nerd who plays video game all day. It would be unlikely for a cool and sociable person to take that lifestyle. Thus, the MC fits the story of this show.

As to why anime has many MC who are nerds, it's probably because late night anime is sold manly to this Otaku demographic. Catering to their needs by depicting them in anime makes a lot of business sense. However, there are many other anime that do not follow this trend. In fact, cool, strong MC characteristic is the majority in anime.

This thread is now locked because there is little more to be discussed. It has been infested with pointless spams already.

There's also no reason to insult the OP or spam the thread.

Thread cleaned and locked
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 24, 2010

195 by little_raven »»
May 20, 8:33 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Nov 17, 2010

251 by little_raven »»
May 19, 9:14 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - Nov 3, 2010

199 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:45 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 27, 2010

248 by little_raven »»
May 19, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

tsubasalover - Oct 20, 2010

205 by little_raven »»
May 17, 8:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.