Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Oct 12, 2013 9:41 PM

Jun 2013
Great episode.
I'm loving this , it has it's own feels.
"Children of Japan. And those who were once children. Listen! This is not a dream. This is not fiction. In reality, your superheroes were always fighting. To teach viewers courage and the meaning of justice! No matter how many enemies there are. No matter how strong evil is. Just remember. Does any another country have so many heroes? Has any another country been protected by multiple superheroes? Stand with me, friends! Remember when you used to watch your superheroes!
Once you may have given up this dream. But today, you can be a hero!"

- Kaname Jouji , Red Axe

Oct 12, 2013 10:25 PM

Dec 2011
Finally, they uncovered who is playing the piano.
Now I really can't wait to see how the love story goes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 12, 2013 10:56 PM

Aug 2012
Welp, just when I thought that I'd enjoy just strolling around the White Album 2 forums, I can now see that there are a lot of extremist VN fans that are trash-talking the anime for, what, an ending song and Kazusa not being confused at the end. I mean, really... I guess these VN readers will never appreciate what the anime gets right, huh, especially when getting those said things right are what's actually more important.
I guess we won't be having any enjoyable discussions here anytime soon.
Oct 12, 2013 11:27 PM

Apr 2011
Pretty sure there's some sort of misunderstanding going around, but Kast-, er, Yukariki admits that he's currently in the minority opinion among the readers as far as this episode goes (for all I know, flying cows probably distorted his mind). And there's around one person that agrees with him.

No, it's not me; I'm indifferent to this episode for the most part, although it's not as good as the first.
opernliedOct 12, 2013 11:30 PM
"I may be liberal arts to the core, but I am capable of thinking logically."
Oct 12, 2013 11:55 PM
Jul 2018
Fiji said:
Finally, they uncovered who is playing the piano.
Now I really can't wait to see how the love story goes.
Oct 13, 2013 12:21 AM
Nov 2010
I'm really digging this anime. The anticipation of romance makes me yearn for more backstory on all of Setsuna's vague statements like, "It'll be ok this time" and "My only opportunity for several reasons." Must have it... must have more backstory. <3

I was kinda turned off by Kazusa's sour attitude and tough hands as well as really low voice. Maybe I'll warm up to her once she opens up to Haruki x3

I thought the part where she was frantically getting ready and picking an outfit was pretty candid and charming. Was good development of her personality- especially the talk on the swings. I actually didn't even recognize her all until they did the flashback. xD
Oct 13, 2013 12:25 AM
Nov 2010
Yukariki said:
that they changed the ending's nuance completely (Kazusa was supposed to be confused, not angered; the line is changed completely). Nothing worth discussing.

Wow that'd change her personality, or my perception of her personality, completely if she was confused and not angry......

Thanks for the elaboration.
Oct 13, 2013 1:01 AM
Apr 2011
yngtadpole said:
I'm really digging this anime. The anticipation of romance makes me yearn for more backstory on all of Setsuna's vague statements like, "It'll be ok this time" and "My only opportunity for several reasons." Must have it... must have more backstory. <3

I was kinda turned off by Kazusa's sour attitude and tough hands as well as really low voice. Maybe I'll warm up to her once she opens up to Haruki x3

I thought the part where she was frantically getting ready and picking an outfit was pretty candid and charming. Was good development of her personality- especially the talk on the swings. I actually didn't even recognize her all until they did the flashback. xD

The producers has placed hints all over the anime. Well, maybe only VN readers can spot it.
Oct 13, 2013 1:38 AM

Apr 2009
mayukachan said:
The fact that I pay attention to it and distracts me from the show itself makes me think it's overdoing it a bit. :X
exactly.. you are.. we're not.. also, this is very tame for male oriented romance anime..

and troll VN readers that are so obsessive about one ED are just so laughable.. maybe we should change the thread starter with:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE VISUAL NOVEL BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

anyway, ep 1 is definitely better than this ep and i guess it's just hard to have too many exciting episodes after the prologue.. Ogiso's one remaining secret seems to be interesting.. liar.. see you next ep, Touma..
argiliumOct 13, 2013 1:44 AM
Oct 13, 2013 1:45 AM

Jul 2009
Beaver897 said:
Welp, just when I thought that I'd enjoy just strolling around the White Album 2 forums, I can now see that there are a lot of extremist VN fans that are trash-talking the anime for, what, an ending song and Kazusa not being confused at the end. I mean, really... I guess these VN readers will never appreciate what the anime gets right, huh, especially when getting those said things right are what's actually more important.
I guess we won't be having any enjoyable discussions here anytime soon.

That's where anime-only viewers draw our strength from. We interpret from what we watch without inference from VN readers. Case in point: Attack on Titan ....some VN/LN readers were saying the anime wasn't great or missing parts but anime viewers beg to differ. It was AMAZING!

I'm just glad I can watch anime then read a VN/LN for extras as opposed to the other way. I think it spoils things the latter option.
Oct 13, 2013 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
So good
"Google is your friend.."
Oct 13, 2013 5:32 AM

May 2012
It was a good episode. Bit cliche though, but MC-kun prove him once again a badass.
I've Killed my Brother
Just like what sasuke did
Oct 13, 2013 6:30 AM

Sep 2011
Yukariki said:
MCAL said:
Tennouji_ said:
So what's with the "this adaptation is awful"? Now you're reminding me to go back to the Little Busters: Refrain subforum.

So should I lower my expectations here or something as a VN-anime adaptation?

Pay no mind to him, he's just ridiculously upset they used a certain song for the ending.

And uh fanservice shots and that they changed the ending's nuance completely (Kazusa was supposed to be confused, not angered; the line is changed completely). Nothing worth discussing.

I don't think the fanservice part should be a big issue. At least on my point.

Oct 13, 2013 6:44 AM

May 2013
oh my!!!1 loving this 5/5 nice drama love itttt
Oct 13, 2013 11:02 AM

Aug 2010
With this episode we finally get more of an idea about what this show will be like. This show is certainly making a beeline focus for the main love triangle, there weren't many slice of life elements or jokes in the series as I thought there would be from other shows in this genre.

I like Setsuna's character, she's just a normal girl without any serious family issue or mysterious sickness she's going through just doing her best as the school idol. Makes her character more approachable and grounded.

Not crazy about Kazusa's voice acting, the voice seems very deep for a high school girl. Maybe that's just how her character is though since she seems really cold from first impressions. She'll have to do a lot of changing to even turn this love triangle into a contest because Setsuna's the runaway favorite for me right now.

Blog post here.
Oct 13, 2013 12:51 PM

Nov 2010
I'm usually not a really nitpicky about VN/Anime comparisons. The seemingly pretty big change of Kazusa's attitude and personality in the ending is pretty extreme, though. I have no issue with some VN readers describing changes between VN and anime, as long it's make sense and he/she's not overdoing a complain by repeating it multiple times with extremely negative attitudes.

Please give more impression in the next episode for the 3 episodes rule, I don't want to ruin the experience in case of the anime suddenly sink (I hope that won't happen, though). Not to say that this is a bad episode, the first episode is just stellar and this episode just pales in comparison. Still okay/good.
Oct 13, 2013 4:18 PM

Jul 2008
I thought it was pointless to try and climb across the windowsills. They DID have the pianist trapped in there. His excuse was "there is no time left", but what is a few hours that you were going to spend at a family restaurant anyway?

I will probably just watch this for the insert songs.
Oct 13, 2013 4:51 PM

Sep 2011
How many fucking times is she going to flip her fking hair.
Oct 13, 2013 5:50 PM

Nov 2009
mayukachan said:
Lrdwhyt said:
mayukachan said:
Fighbird said:
Seriously? This is what you guys would consider to be too much fanservice? This is actually very tame by today's anime standards.

Compare it with some romances with no fanservice at all.

The prefix over- implies that it's bad when compared to other anime with reasonable, non-zero levels of fanservice. Not that it's bad when compared to zero fanservice.

The fact that I pay attention to it and distracts me from the show itself makes me think it's overdoing it a bit. :X

There isn't a single romance anime out there without a shred of fanservice...
please name me one if you do know an anime like that
just so you know, kissing + showing characters in showy dresses that show a lot of skin also counts as fanservice by Japan's standards
Oct 13, 2013 6:40 PM

Apr 2013
Still loving the OST and the general direction of the story so far (coming from someone who hasn't seen WHite Album 1, or any of the VNs).

Funny though, I've played piano for about 15 years now, but have never developed blisters in my entire life from playing it. Though episode 1 did show her playing guitar, so maybe she already knows some guitar at this point.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 13, 2013 7:26 PM

Oct 2010
This wasn't as strong as the first, but still pretty good with sharp dialogue and natural character interactions. I especially liked how Haruki's treatment of Ogiso in the first episode was brought back. I wish they used White Album as the ending, though. It was so beautiful.
FabulousSirOct 13, 2013 7:31 PM

Oct 13, 2013 8:53 PM

Apr 2010
Main character has balls, but he's kind of an idiot too...

Not a bad ep, this is keeping me interested!

4/5
Oct 13, 2013 9:14 PM

Oct 2007
Tyrel said:
How many fucking times is she going to flip her fking hair.

If your talking about Kazusa that's just something these kinds of character do. I think it's a cultural thing that establishes a cold aloof attitude much like the hime cut hair style she's sporting which is very common with female characters that have a hard edge to them if not basically a requirement nowadays.
Oct 13, 2013 9:53 PM
Nov 2010
SalaZin said:
Still loving the OST and the general direction of the story so far (coming from someone who hasn't seen WHite Album 1, or any of the VNs).

Funny though, I've played piano for about 15 years now, but have never developed blisters in my entire life from playing it. Though episode 1 did show her playing guitar, so maybe she already knows some guitar at this point.

Touma is one of the top MUSIC students in a PRIVATE school with a MUSIC PROGRAM. As an anime savvy (watch at least 100 seasons of anime excluding Big3 and I will can you one), I would say that she can play WELL a FEW instruments.
Just being able to play a guitar decently would ruin your fingers anyway. I hate those strings. My fingers also hurt when I first played a keyboard, not to mention the piano which is heavy and tough to play.
My opinion about the 2nd eps is that it was not as excellent as the 1st eps. However, it was definitely building up for the drama.
Given how unusually I adore the 1st eps, I would watch at least 5 eps before putting WA2 into my FAV. folder.
Oct 13, 2013 11:04 PM

Apr 2013
jindo90 said:
SalaZin said:

Touma is one of the top MUSIC students in a PRIVATE school with a MUSIC PROGRAM. As an anime savvy (watch at least 100 seasons of anime excluding Big3 and I will can you one), I would say that she can play WELL a FEW instruments.
Just being able to play a guitar decently would ruin your fingers anyway. I hate those strings. My fingers also hurt when I first played a keyboard, not to mention the piano which is heavy and tough to play.
My opinion about the 2nd eps is that it was not as excellent as the 1st eps. However, it was definitely building up for the drama.
Given how unusually I adore the 1st eps, I would watch at least 5 eps before putting WA2 into my FAV. folder.

Hmm now that i think about it, I've tried teaching a couple friends piano, and a few of them did hurt their fingers somehow... Also music majors tend to specialize in only one instrument, and playing both guitar and piano sort of conflict; the calluses you develop from playing guitar can get in the way of the more difficult pieces in piano.

Whatever, I agree though, I'm enjoying this series so far, also I love piano and music, so that has definitely swayed me.
"There are no wrong turnings. Only paths we had not known we were meant to walk." - Tigana

"The genius of Guilty Crown is that they made a show so stupid and illogical that it's almost impossible to criticize properly. I don't even know where to start."
- Sleeplesstown
Oct 14, 2013 7:07 AM

Oct 2011
I love this series OST. So beautiful!!!!
Oct 14, 2013 8:16 AM

May 2013
Damn these OST' are topnotch :D But I sense my feels sensor drawing close.. xD well good episode imo and I cant choose who;s gonna end up with him.
Tch.
Oct 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2013
This is probably my favorite show of the season. We all know where the plot's headed but that's what is making it so fun for me. I really like the music as well. I hope this goes the way I think it will because it might end up as a great romance story. I can see why the VN is so high ranked. I wish it were translated though.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Oct 14, 2013 2:56 PM

Jan 2010
I have been incredibly impressed with this adaption. I was really looking forward to the show and it has exceeded all of my expectations.

I'm glad the preorder rankings are also quite good, hopefully it meets the threshold so they can adapt the Closing Chapter later on.
Ok™
Oct 14, 2013 3:00 PM

Jan 2011
Pretty good so far, but very predictable.
I wonder where this will go as this does have potential.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 15, 2013 6:39 AM

Sep 2009
finally, they showed her face :P
But, I like Ogiso more! She's cute ^________^
Oct 15, 2013 7:26 AM

Sep 2011
Zel_Ezl said:

IKR. I hope she will win in the end too but I don't think she'll win which that makes me extremely sad... ;_;

Oct 15, 2013 11:22 AM

Dec 2012
Zel_Ezl said:
finally, they showed her face :P

Not a fan of her voice.
Oct 15, 2013 12:09 PM

Sep 2013
Setsuna is cute.
Kazusa is cool.
I always root for the cool type. :)
Oct 15, 2013 5:40 PM
Oct 2013
Would anyone know that really nice japanese song, the first one that Ogiso sang at the karaoke bar?
Oct 15, 2013 5:51 PM

Apr 2013
aanndirmeew said:
Would anyone know that really nice japanese song, the first one that Ogiso sang at the karaoke bar?

I wondered this myself:

Lrdwhyt said:
Does anyone know what the karaoke song Setsuna was singing is?

Edit: Found it, it's 悪女

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bbnnG0o9pY
Oct 15, 2013 6:10 PM
Oct 2013
Thanks a bunch! Too bad it sounded much better in the anime :/
Oct 15, 2013 10:34 PM

Nov 2012
Touma looking great, liking both the female main characters, will definitely keep watching. Oh and yeah, the grab by one hand and hang on a surface like that..?
PUH LEAZE
Not even the the strongest people can do that, only a couple of monsters in real life can do that. If you're bored you should try it out to appreciate that fact.

Oct 16, 2013 7:30 PM

Jun 2012
Well hopefully the club will have all the members by the end of the next episode, so we can see what's next.
That insert song was cut off )=, it's okay, I found it on YT

Oct 17, 2013 9:10 AM

Sep 2012
I really really would not dream that a teenager like Setsuna choosing a song that is more than 30 years old !!! And it was this song Akujo by the legendary Nakashima Miyuki, among others, that got me into Japanese pop music back then !!! Wow, Setsuna is such a discerning listener !!!

The original Akujo as sung by Nakashima Miyuki
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_15tHcHr9o
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 17, 2013 11:15 PM

Sep 2008
Very solid episode. I'm really liking this anime.

There's a lot of good anime this season.

symbv said:
Good song.
5layerOct 17, 2013 11:22 PM
Oct 18, 2013 6:22 AM

Oct 2013
symbv said:
I really really would not dream that a teenager like Setsuna choosing a song that is more than 30 years old !!! And it was this song Akujo by the legendary Nakashima Miyuki, among others, that got me into Japanese pop music back then !!! Wow, Setsuna is such a discerning listener !!!

oh thank you so much I never knew before
music is good song
Oct 19, 2013 4:12 AM

Aug 2012
I'll be seriously disappointed if the singles or albums coming from this anime won't sell in Japan. Fingers crossed.
Oct 19, 2013 5:28 AM

Jul 2011
Ok episode. The window part was quite stupid...
Oct 21, 2013 2:39 AM

Sep 2010
I am so blown away by this anime right now. It feels so deep and thoughtful and has the same tones as the first white album. The unveiling of the pianist was done so well and I loved her deep voice. I like ogiso but ill be rooting for touza.

love the format of the show so far with all of the foreshadow and how each episode is paced from the ending of the first episode unveiling the singer to the 2nd ep now unveiling the pianist. I cant wait to see more!
Oct 21, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2010
draker said:
Eww, I don't know. The entire episode was really predictable. I mean, it didn't come as a surprise that she was the mysterious student. Was that even supposed to surprise the viewer in the first place? They made such a big deal about it, after throwing hints everywhere, in every shape.
On the Setsuna side, was the fanservice really necessary?

I dont think it was supposed to be a surprise to the viewer that touma was the secret pianist. They were trying to convey to you that the person who has helped kitahara practice and improve at his passion (music) was always the person right next to him all along...literally and metaphorically speaking.
Oct 21, 2013 10:06 PM

May 2013
Yukariki said:
UGH THEY PLAYED "CLOSING" THE ED FOR WHITE ALBUM 2'S TRUE ENDING

THIS IS DUMB

Just wait man, don't judge when your so early into the series. They're obviously trying to make it DIFFERENT than the original. To make it unique. Don't be so quick to judge, it's irritating.
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Dec 6, 2013 4:59 PM

Aug 2013
This is looking really promising. I like the character dynamics.
Dec 29, 2013 8:37 PM

Oct 2013
Amarrez said:
Does the misplacement of an ED really sink an adaptation?

Nah
Dec 30, 2013 11:51 PM
Apr 2011
I continue to be blown away, I don't know if this is because of the fact that I've been gone from the romance genre for a while or that this is just that good. Everything was executed perfectly and the soundtrack of this anime is nothing short of spectacular. Loving everything so far.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2013

202 by Giolbat »»
Mar 12, 7:03 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 21, 2013

221 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 10:50 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 14, 2013

200 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 9, 7:40 AM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Dec 7, 2013

158 by Daninokuni »»
Mar 8, 3:59 PM

Poll: » White Album 2 Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

856 by GingZ »»
Mar 1, 3:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.