Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 22, 2011 8:50 PM

Jan 2009
Dear Takano: Karma's a bitch. Bitch.

Takano killed poor innocent Rika's innocent parents, and the last living person closest to a relative of hers died. And here I was beginning to think nothing bad ever happened to her, succeeding in every arc with her pretty-much-evil plans. =T

Nice to see Rika-chan's parents (before their untimely deaths). Her father seemed pretty cool, mom was a bit erratic and jumpy and probably caused a lot of Takano's frustration and rage that led her to simply off them rather than persuade them to death. I wonder if this was her first murder?

As for Satoko murdering her parents... I don't know if I believe it. It's right there in black and white, plain to see, but still. I have a feeling that a young 'murderer' would have a hard time lying about her alibi ("in the car sleeping"), no matter how possessed she was by the Hinamizawa Syndrome. There's plenty of people with motive to go 'round, but for now I'll reluctantly settle for Satoko as her parents' murderer. =T
Jun 23, 2011 9:50 PM

Jun 2010
suicune141 said:
As for Satoko murdering her parents... I don't know if I believe it. It's right there in black and white, plain to see, but still. I have a feeling that a young 'murderer' would have a hard time lying about her alibi ("in the car sleeping"), no matter how possessed she was by the Hinamizawa Syndrome. There's plenty of people with motive to go 'round, but for now I'll reluctantly settle for Satoko as her parents' murderer. =T

But that's the syndrome for you. Hinamizawa Syndrome will manipulate your mind and have you develop a persecution complex, and everything you do is just self defense in your eyes. My guess is that later on, she suppressed the memories of pushing her parents off the cliff. Becoming a self-made orphan would be stressful enough to make the conscious mind forget that it happened. (What Irie said in the episode makes more sense than what I said, I admit. But it's 1 AM where I live right now, and I need sleep :/)
Jan 26, 2012 10:35 AM

Oct 2011
I want to strangle that blond bitch... wow even her voice annoys me, this is making me really agressive LOL
Mar 16, 2012 11:16 PM

Apr 2011
'disembowelment lover Rika Furude'
Rika will always be my favorite.
Apr 25, 2012 9:00 PM

Mar 2011
The story is definitely getting far more interesting, but those Board of Directors guys are seriously ridiculous. I highly doubt that people in the head of the scientific community scatter papers and laugh maniacally at the people who presented them just because they don't agree with their theories. Other than the ridiculousness of those scenes though Higurashi is getting pretty awesome.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Jul 1, 2012 9:33 AM

Jul 2010
Great episode! We're slowly beginning to understand everything :D
Aug 7, 2012 7:04 PM

Oct 2011
This stupid Takano ... just because she want to prove her grandfather theory , she is doing some crazy things like this " killing Rika parents "
her real intention is not to find a cure for Hinamizawa syndrome as like her grandfather want to do after proving his theory ... she had lost her way at all
Aug 7, 2012 8:08 PM
Dec 2007
itsthatguy said:
The story is definitely getting far more interesting, but those Board of Directors guys are seriously ridiculous. I highly doubt that people in the head of the scientific community scatter papers and laugh maniacally at the people who presented them just because they don't agree with their theories. Other than the ridiculousness of those scenes though Higurashi is getting pretty awesome.
That's actually another thing the anime failed to convey. The real reason they never care about the Hinamizawa Syndrome is NOT because they don't believe in it (in fact, they know it does). The story the anime cuts out is that Takano's grandfather was used as a scapegoat to hide some military secrets. A Hinamizawan soldier is blamed for starting one incident in war which was later blamed on the enemy and used by Japan for their advantage. As such, they want to hide it. Remember, all of those "scientists" are actually working for the military (the ones that talked to the Grandfather) hence they bow down to orders from the top brass. As such, the order was to silence any further investigation which may awaken old disputes (between Japan and Russia) and to pass Profesor Takano as a loony.

And yes, that is actually the explanation given in the game

Aug 13, 2012 9:29 AM

Nov 2011
Nov 19, 2012 10:48 AM

Mar 2012
Ugh I can't wait for takano to die. That is my number 1 motive to continue. I wonder if she made me insane haha
Jan 3, 2013 8:04 AM

Dec 2012
coolwolf said:
1) Dam construction manager - killed by dam workers

I think Takano drugged the manager, then arranged for that incident to happen to collect live specimens.
Jan 13, 2013 10:14 AM
Apr 2012
Fantastic! Makes so much sense of Satako's back story!

Is this new girl the one in the opining, crying in the rain?
Jan 31, 2013 9:55 PM

Dec 2012
AtlasStruggles said:
Fantastic! Makes so much sense of Satako's back story!

Is this new girl the one in the opining, crying in the rain?

The girl crying in the rain, is actually Miyo as a kid
May 22, 2013 12:41 PM

Sep 2009
I was right after all.. Takano killed Rika's parents :/
Gaaaaa... I really hate her! And then, a new character appeared? O.O
Jul 13, 2013 8:43 PM

Apr 2010
I don't understand how people can dislike latoko for killing her parents. She was under the effects of Hinamizawa Syndrome and it's not as though we blame Keiichi for killing everyone or Rena for holding the school hostage. So why blame Satoko for something she couldn't stop herself from doing? Although she's lucky Satoshi was there with her aunt cause she probably would have gone psycho on them if he wasn't.
Aug 16, 2013 5:52 AM

Jun 2011
I still don't get how the worker could testify that Satoko "immediately" said that her parents fell off the cliff, since no one was around at that time.
Aug 24, 2013 8:01 PM
Aug 2013
so satoko killed her own parents ...
miyo killed Rika's father...

thingsg get more clear now
Oct 7, 2013 2:28 PM

Aug 2013
ikazuuyr said:
I still don't get how the worker could testify that Satoko "immediately" said that her parents fell off the cliff, since no one was around at that time.
It's not that important when exactly she said that. Sleeping in a car (assuming it was parked a bit further away from the accident scene) and seeing her parents fall off the cliff already doesn't add up.
What's the point of all this? // There's no point. I'm doing it because I can. That's all there is to it. // What will be left behind after this? // Nothing at all. She'll die and I'll burn out. The end. That's all. (Requiem for the Phantom)
Oct 18, 2013 2:44 AM

Jun 2011
KnKTGoS said:
ikazuuyr said:
It's not that important when exactly she said that. Sleeping in a car (assuming it was parked a bit further away from the accident scene) and seeing her parents fall off the cliff already doesn't add up.

True =/
Nov 17, 2013 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
I was suspecting Satoko killed her parents...

Takano Miyo seriously deserves to die by Rena's cleaver and Satoshi's baseball bat. Make it happen.
Dec 24, 2013 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
Loled at top 5 perverts. Takano's nefarious schemes know no bounds as the plot continues to thicken. DUNDUNDUNNNNN!
Feb 25, 2014 11:09 AM

Jan 2009
1. seeing satoko & rika's parents deaths was interesting.

2. takano is so evil it excites me sometimes.

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
Apr 24, 2014 5:06 PM
Feb 2013
So, it was the disease that killed the first two and the four victims of the curse. The third was just straight up murder. It's all coming together.
May 2, 2014 6:57 AM

Jan 2014
I like how the pieces are falling into place.
May 23, 2014 1:33 PM

Sep 2012
Good episode.
Jun 6, 2014 2:49 PM

Apr 2013
So Satoko killed her parents herself, it was hinted in an episode before, like the last one or something, not long ago atleast. But I wouldn't have thought that Takano killed the Furudes, but it totally makes sense now and her bringing Oyashiro-sama's curse into it too.
Looks like the Sonozakis really never killed anyone^^
Nov 2, 2014 9:28 AM

Aug 2013
Mmmm, I wonder who is that new person, but I'm pretty sure it's the girl who is seen crying in the OP.

We got to learn the truth behind two murders of the Hinamizawa curse. Satoko killing her parents doesn't surprised me. Her presence on the crime scene always seemed odd. The Furude murders now also make much more senses since their opposition to the research.

Miyo is a terrible human being. But so are the people around the round table.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Nov 7, 2014 11:19 PM

Nov 2013
Andyis said:
Ugh I can't wait for takano to die. That is my number 1 motive to continue. I wonder if she made me insane haha
Not as bad as that stupid bitch Satoko that you all love.

Nov 7, 2014 11:23 PM

Nov 2013
Why did Satoko kill her parents anyways? I thought anyone who left Hinamizawa became cursed. Satoko's parents showed no signs of losing their sanity. Was it becaue Satoko was under so much stress?

This arc has been very disappointing so far. Hope it gets better. I'm getting sick of all these crappy flashback episodes.

Mar 25, 2015 1:39 AM
Nov 2014
Hmm, so Satoko was the one who pushed her own parents off the cliff....interesting.

And damn that Takano for killing Rika's parents.

Awesome next episode preview.
May 6, 2015 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
Still not feeling sorry for Takano after all she's done. Killing Rika's parents and starting the curse itself...she needs to go.

And who the heck is this new lady?
May 28, 2015 2:23 PM

Feb 2013
I'm personally loving all of this awesome backstory, we're getting so much great information from it :D.

Dat crazy Takano though <3. I just can't bring myself to hate her like the rest of you, that maniacal laugh of hers is just too infectious =p.
Oct 25, 2016 12:43 AM

Aug 2016
WHAAAT.... Satoko killed her parents because of the paranoia from the disease???
nice plot twist once again

Takano is confirmed a crazy villain bitch, i dont care about her backstory anymore after she killed Rika's parents.

Anyway, this Accompanying chapter is a bit lame i think, especially it is served right after the Hyped Massacre chapter. Hope we can get back to those kids again, i need more smiles from Satoko and Shion (my only one and true Yandere favorite)
Oct 25, 2016 3:28 PM

Aug 2013
I hate how Takano keeps on getting chances again and again for her stupid research. Leave the people of Hinamizawa alone!
Despite this, I do like all of the backstory we are getting now, and I'm finally understanding what happened in the first season and the first part of this season.
Apr 9, 2018 10:20 AM

Aug 2014
Damn, so she killed Rika's parents...but..she is so sexy hot, though.

I also feel sorry for Satoko. She has been through a lot
Sep 15, 2019 12:27 PM

Mar 2019
I'm falling in love with Takano, she's adorable and evil in equal ♡
Mar 29, 2020 1:14 AM

Nov 2013
Damn so Satoko is the cause of her parents’ death and Miyo as usual kills Rika’s parents so she can continue her research. As soon as I start feeling bad for Miyo, she does something to make me think otherwise.

Also, new character introduced?! Who is the woman in the car and what are her motives.
Satoshi’s whereabouts are also still a mystery.
Apr 24, 2020 4:14 AM

Feb 2018
Great episode but still hating Takano.
May 28, 2020 12:34 PM

May 2018
It feels like everything is being told as it is meant to be without scattering information through multiple arcs :)
May 28, 2020 5:42 PM
Oct 2019
Don't care about this crazy b's backstory at all. Make. It. End.

They kind of hinted at Satoko being the culprit previously.

I liked the multiple timeline storytelling in the first season. It made the show more mysterious, interesting. Would've been too boring to just tell it chronologically, and wouldn't have worked given the repeating timelines for Rika. But it's good things have worked their way towards a singular timeline now in order to finally answer the questions.
Jun 30, 2020 12:58 PM
Review Moderator
Book Princess

Nov 2018
I'm back to disliking Oishii. Perhaps I'm misreading him, but he seems to imply that Satoko is at fault for her parent's death just because her story doesn't line up with reality. While as the viewers we know that she is at fault for her parent's death, that shouldn't be the first assumption of a police officer. He should recognize that a traumatic event just happened to the child, so her memory is going to be jumbled by the trauma. At worst, my assumption would be somehow she saw the murder happen, not that she murdered them. Regardless of all that, pushing to question an ill child without a warrant based on this single incongruity is completely unprofessional.
Every day you can read a book or watch some anime is a good day!
Jul 18, 2020 10:45 PM

Aug 2018
ah so that's how the whole "oyashiro-sama's curse" thing started

Sep 26, 2020 3:30 AM

Apr 2013
So if Takano became evil at this point, I would be kinda understanding it. Still not completely though, because she should still only be mad about those old farts. Wonder who that woman in the car is, the true mastermind behind it all? Motvation?
Oct 29, 2020 7:46 AM
Oct 2019
Wow finally we learn the truth behind the deaths of Satoko Parents...
First time seeing Rika Parents and also how they die 😱

More crazy stuff coming from Takano Miyo 🤦‍♂️

Well surprised surprised a new character appear, who is this?? 🤔
Nov 12, 2020 4:08 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Two years after the dam event. The curse of Oyashiro-sama continued. But, was that right? Hell, no. Its once again caused by Takano Miyo. Damn, she was really a mastermind from the serial of the death that happened 5 years sequentially in the Hinamizawa village,. At least, almost involved by her, because the caused of Satoko's parent death was a different case already.

First the dam manager, and his workers. Second with what happened to Satoko's parents, identified as Oyashiro-sama curses, but in fact it was Satoko's job. She got infected by Hinamizawa syndrome until its last stage destroyed her minds completely. Ofc, Miyo's yamainu team stopped the issues by put them into an accident while they could do an experiment toward Satoko's body in return.

However, Irie responded it mistakenly by taking the order from Miyo as a way of him to atoned his sins all of those time. As an atonement, he decided to save Satoko's live, when Miyo obviously disliked his decision. Fortunately, her dislike to him was not grew much longer until she has been calmed down by Rika's decision to helped their research of Satoko's disease. This is where Rika's getting involved, due to her approval of Irie's atonement and her determination to helped Satoko too from her miserable sickness.

In the other side, Miyo seemed happy with the sudden development by Rika's decision to help. She was clearly succeeded her foster grandfather dreams by putting the whole researchment into an acknowledgement and a praises from some peoples. Even from Koizumi sensei too as a result of her research institutions reached its succession. However, its not enough designed as a good destiny. The problem arouse again. She was facing against Rika's parent confrontation that refused to let her daughter getting involved more than that.

Its caused Miyo Yamainu run an dark quest again, by putting the death of Rika's parents as an Oyashiro-sama curse. Where everything became good for Miyo again, she was happy with the progression of her research, she received a bad news. The death of Koizumi sensei with a continuations of the announcement from the 'Tokyo' organization, to put a closurement to Miyo's research institutions. She was under pressure into a heavy dillema. However, once again, a help from the God, created Miyo into a difficult situations; to run an errands that she would likely need to sacrifices her live, once again. Miyo decide to didn't care it at all. As long as her purposes aimed into the right direction, and brought the shame to those who ridicule her project. She would gladly continue the evil plan.

Hinamizawa's demon wheel continues to spin hard!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Nov 26, 2020 4:30 AM

Oct 2016
Another fantastic episode. Takano took advantage of Oyashiro-sama's curse to kill Rika's parents. And Satoko pushed her parents off the cliff due to L5, that's fucked up.

Didn't expect that there would be a new character introduced that is actually helping Takano behind the scenes, what could that woman be possibly planning or what will she gain from helping Takano. I feel bad for Takano but, man she does some fucked up things.

That preview for the next episode though was hilarious, Rika is the number 1 pervert lmao.
Dec 21, 2021 11:33 PM
Jul 2021
so satoko killed her parents by pushing them off the cliff and who is this new lady who's offering a helping hand to takano btw takano killed rika's parents. that bitch is the biggest pervert in hinamizawa
Dec 23, 2021 10:09 PM

Aug 2020
So Rika didn't even try to save her parents, despite knowing that they were going to die. Well, we do know that Rika got her memories back, but we don't know how far back. Idk.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Jun 7, 2022 2:23 PM
Nov 2020
bro tf u r making me feel like takano is a bitch and then making me feel sad for her.
Also this episode solved a lot of mysteries and gave us answers to how rika's parents were killed and about how satoko's parents died and also how the govt covered the massacre of the village by saying its a gas leak in the previous arcs
Aug 11, 2022 3:16 PM

May 2016
Poor Rikka lost her parents to Takano as well...
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 24, 2007

141 by benisgu »»
Apr 6, 2:03 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

protoman96 - Jul 5, 2007

166 by Vincentie »»
Mar 19, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Entropy - Oct 1, 2007

216 by ghostgirl_ »»
Mar 14, 4:06 PM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Entropy - Sep 6, 2007

120 by benisgu »»
Mar 2, 8:38 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kai Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

LunarEmerald - Dec 17, 2007

364 by gb214 »»
Dec 31, 2023 4:29 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.