Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 24, 2013 5:52 AM

May 2013
I dont like these kind of endings.
Tomoki didnt make any real progress what so ever.
Sep 24, 2013 6:02 AM

Sep 2008
OMG! Shingeki no Kyojin is everywhere!
and that Another reference! *.*
Sep 24, 2013 6:11 AM

May 2011
Terra Formas and Another reference.
This will missed. Every episode was fun and enjoyable at the same. I really hope Kitta Izumi gets more roles after this adaptation because she was tremendous in this one. I don't know how the Manga is doing but hopefully they adapt more after they release the OVA.
Sep 24, 2013 6:40 AM

Oct 2008
i smell yuri for the second season LOL
Lucky-Star-6"TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI"

Sep 24, 2013 7:10 AM

Apr 2013
Pretty good, but I've expected a bit more from the last episode.

Hope that they'll produce a second season.
Sep 24, 2013 7:38 AM
Oct 2010
jsg said:
Went downhill with each episode doesn't even compare to NHK

in nhk in the end nothing have really changed, the same happened in watamote, these are the kind of animes that won't ever change.

9/10 for me
Sep 24, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2008
Well, this sure was disgusting, depressing and embarrassing to watch. I'd rather see either serious series about that kind of disorder or just a normal comedy. This was neither funny, nor telling any story. Quite pointless I guess. MC's face was making me sick, her voice was annoying and overall character design in the show was unimpressive at best.

All in all, it was just bad. Not horrible enough to remember, just something making you wonder why it was even made.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 24, 2013 7:44 AM
Oct 2008
Antanaru said:
Well, this sure was disgusting, depressing and embarrassing to watch. I'd rather see either serious series about that kind of disorder or just a normal comedy. This was neither funny, nor telling any story. Quite pointless I guess. MC's face was making me sick, her voice was annoying and overall character design in the show was unimpressive at best.

All in all, it was just bad. Not horrible enough to remember, just something making you wonder why it was even made.

Whaaaat! I thought this show was hilarious as hell. I laughed a lot and had fun while I felt embarrassed for the main character!

9/10
Sep 24, 2013 7:44 AM

Nov 2011
Antanaru said:

You shut your whore mouth about mai waifu! :<
The Art of Eight
Sep 24, 2013 7:52 AM

Mar 2013
Going to miss tomoko, hope she ends with imae-san in season 2, If ever gonna be one
EL PSY KONGROO!!!
Sep 24, 2013 7:59 AM

Apr 2012
I found this to be a very good series. The ending was not as good as I was hopeing but still had its moments. Overall 8/10
Sep 24, 2013 8:10 AM
May 2012
if she had atleast a bit of integrity of what she preaches than this could be alot better, e.g. always thinking she is better than anyone else but does not manage to have a conversation with anyone,...pisses me kinda off cuz of only talk but no walk, i know that is supposed to be the funny factor here but for me it was more irritating than anything else,... she should have managed to make 1 or 2 friends by conversing only to find out she is still lonely and only assumes to have friends and suffer a mental break down like in onani master kurosawa,... but my humble opinion does matter so little so 6/10 it is
Sep 24, 2013 8:14 AM
SetoMary Fanatic

Jun 2013
I swear they played a parody of God Knows (Aya Hirano) during the cockroach scene. I lost it at the ending, as she was running.
I wouldn't mind a second season.
7/10
Sep 24, 2013 8:28 AM
Jun 2008
Tomoko being arrogant in front of her brother because she just don't want her brother to worried about her. Tomoki knows her sister being lonely and hurt( that is why she ask her to speak up before she leave) but her sister just doesn't want her brother to know she is hurt.
Well, this is just my point of view . I think that scene which is not found in the manga was really hearth warming.
Sep 24, 2013 8:35 AM

May 2010
Those middle school memories of Tomoko, and Yuu-chan thinks she was amazing when only she knows how it actually was xD

Tomoko really knows her, being a little bro but she is just... always hiding her feelings...

So her name is Imae-san, huh. I like that girl, Imae I mean. LMAO, that another reference, I just had to rewatch that part xD Tomoko, I feel so much for you...

That cockroach scene, lmao! The animation was so fluid, and boss Tomoko xD "God Knows" parody in the background, HAHAHA. Ever for once, I really liked her imagination.. :/ Poor Tomoko, even if she caught attention, it was a negative one... This time, she is properly trying, can't someone be friends with her for God's sake?!...

That Imae/Tomoko scene was so adorable, and nice! Damn, I love Imae, she understands Kuroki the best! All Kuroki needs is a little push and that's it. She can totally become friends with her.

That ending! She doesn't care? That... was random... I am not sure, if good or bad. I really loved this show though, but I wanted her to become better friends. It started great, but ended random. A solid 9/10 from me as I really love it, it had me feel sorry for her multiple times, and she was quite epic at times.

This episode was like the summary of entire season.
Sep 24, 2013 8:42 AM

May 2013
The anime was godawfully annoying and pathetic, I don't think it can be labeled as a comedy as I found no reason to laugh since episode 3 and even with the promise Of me finishing all the anime I started never have I wanted to drop one more, 2/10 from me and a definite candidate for my least favorite anime.
Sep 24, 2013 8:54 AM
Jun 2008
TragicRomance said:

That ending! She doesn't care? That... was random... I am not sure, if good or bad.
In the first episode, she care about it and she get over panic and made stupid mistake.She could stay calm and go with the flow.
I believe I learn this lesson from Sakurasou no pet. I remember someone gave an odd advice saying " don't do your very best " .Unfortunately, this is not as simple as in reality , people do get panic !!! LOL
Sep 24, 2013 8:59 AM

Aug 2010
Not a bad finale, but not too strong either. Seeing An Akagi...I mean Imae was a nice touch though. 4/5.

The series had its ups and fair share of downs, I'm going with a 6/10. There were only one or two scenes when I could genuinely sympathize with Tomoko, every other time she got what she deserved. Lot of wasted potential because of the SoL nature. Would improve having character development and such.
Sep 24, 2013 9:00 AM
Nov 2009
Anyone else noticed the Toriko reference?

There's like 0 character development from the mc, I was expecting her to atleast not stutter when saying bye to the teacher lol. 7/10
Sep 24, 2013 9:04 AM
Jul 2018
The Another and Terra Formars references lol
Sep 24, 2013 9:05 AM

Oct 2010
I thought it was an awesome adaptation, hopefully they'll make a season 2. Maybe they could even incorporate some of the stuff from the spin off prequel manga series.
Sep 24, 2013 9:08 AM
Jun 2008
MikskizO said:

There's like 0 character development from the mc, I was expecting her to atleast not stutter when saying bye to the teacher lol. 7/10
Compare to first time or second time, she didn't even say the complete word " goodbye". I think saying 0 development is a bit over exaggerated, you should change it to 0.1.
Sep 24, 2013 9:08 AM

Jan 2013
Good finale.
Loved the Another references.
Give the series a 7/10
Glad I watched it.
Sep 24, 2013 9:17 AM

Mar 2012
Wow, panty plot twist. Definitely see that coming. Great anime though =]
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Sep 24, 2013 9:19 AM

Apr 2013
This was a very hilarious anime, I think many have identified with Tomoko. Strangely an entire class was fleeing from a cockroach. I think we take things very seriously and when we looked back and saw every bullshit that we cared, there is only laughter.
Sep 24, 2013 9:28 AM

Oct 2012
Pati-Senpai said:
Strangely an entire class was fleeing from a cockroach.

TragicRomance said:
That cockroach scene, lmao! The animation was so fluid

Yes, the cockroach scene was magnificent. They pulled out all the stops. That
reminds me of a similar scene from Azumanga Daioh (あずまんが大王) back in
2002. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5en_cy7UTs
Cockroaches are scary. I admire anybody with the courage to face one of them.

Zelot120 said:
I swear they played a parody of God Knows (Aya Hirano) during the
cockroach scene.

I listened carefully. I listen to "God Knows" at least once a week, so I know it
well. The "cockroach song" is strongly reminiscent of "God Knows", so I see
exactly what you mean. On the other hand, they changed it a bit, I assume in
order to avoid copyright issues.

I see it as a very positive sign that Tomoko had a goal of being an arms merchant
back when she was in middle school. Also, it was great that she had Yuu-chan to
discuss it with. Getting involved with international trade is a realistic plan. It's not
like Tomoko was a classic "chuu-ni" case where she was fantasizing about dragons
and magical powers. It shows that she has the ability to independently select a
goal and self-motivate herself to pursue it. Best of luck to her! Also, that will be
a great way for her to make lots of friends.
okanaganSep 24, 2013 10:11 AM
Sep 24, 2013 9:40 AM

Sep 2010
This series is fucking awesome..... Tomoko life very closely reflects my live.... Ending is the best.... She saying "don't care"..... FML.....

Final Episode - 5/5
Series Score - 8/10
Sep 24, 2013 9:47 AM

Sep 2012
God damn, that Terra Formars reference was fucking hilarious.
Sep 24, 2013 9:53 AM
Nov 2012
I absolutely loved this series. It was the best portrayal of a socially excluded person from a comedic point of view I've ever seen. But I also liked the fact that they didn't turn the whole thing into a joke. There are quite a few moments the actual trials and tribulations of being in Tomoko's position show up. I would love a second season.

And I see a Yuru Yuri Reference! They blurred the cockroach! <3 for that, and for all of the other references. Great job.

The use of the OP song towards the end was f***ing amazing because it was absolutely unexpected. The animation, the visuals, everything.

The episode itself was a teeny bit underwhelming, but it shows us Tomoko has grown. She doesn't care about not being popular anymore. And that, from someone who has been in her position, is huge. Good job Tomoko!

I was gonna give this a 7, but I've bumped it up to 9 for the last few episodes. It'll probably settle at 8 though. I'm just in shock of the awesome OP-ED sequence they used.

And Imae-san, I wish there were more people like you in the world.
Sep 24, 2013 10:02 AM

Sep 2012
The ED song full version was hilarious, i think i enjoyed it more than the show itself.
tuturu~!! (≧◡≦)
Sep 24, 2013 10:32 AM
Jul 2018
going to miss this show so much :( .such a funny and emotonial series at the same time.i want to see more of this series and i hope there is second season coming up.
Sep 24, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2013
THAT ANOTHER REFERENCE.
Damn, I loved this anime. It was pretty well adapted, and I found the same spirit as the manga, so I'm glad. I'm also glad they didn't make up an "happy ending", so that they can keep it like the manga.
I'm going to give it a 9/10, because it is one of my favorite mangas, and it was my summer's favorite. I hope to see a second season, even though it was just perfect like it. It was really a good anime for me; but I guess it's one of those that every one won't like.
Sep 24, 2013 10:49 AM

Jul 2009
I will miss it, it was a funny, hope they will make a season 2, I think Tomoko would be amazed if she heard that her senpai can't take her eyes of her.
Sep 24, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2009
Best show of the season, or even year for me.

It managed to play on almost all of my basic emotions several times. if a show can do that to me and knows how to stay consistent is absolutely praise-worthy in my book.

And what do you mean Tomoko didn't change? Before, she wouldn't even attempt to talk to people. Now, she has Megumi on her radar and if it wasn't for that random gust of wind that got Tomoko thoughts that I'm sure Megumi didn't have, she would have actually managed to strike up a conversation with her.

All she needs to do now is take her last words to heart and realize she was freaking out over nothing and possibly try to talk to Megumi once more. If she just tries hard enough, I'm sure it will work out for her eventually. Her journey will be long and progress slow, but in due time, things should improve for her.

The only thing I found a bit odd was the cockroach scene. Everyone was screaming in terror, yet Tomoko squished it without thinking. I'm sure that, in normal situations, that would definitely get her lots of attention, yet here, it's as if no one wanted to acknowledge she did a good thing for once. other than that, I liked this episode.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 24, 2013 11:03 AM

Jun 2012
That was terrible. Hopefully Tomoko's autism gets cured someday. So boring and annoying, I almost fell asleep last episode.

2/10
Sep 24, 2013 11:05 AM

May 2010
//awaits 2nd season <3

Going to miss this show!
I hope there is a season 2! :3

That Another ref was hilarious XD

Was that a SnK ref in the photobooth? XD lol
MermaidGalaxiesSep 24, 2013 11:08 AM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 24, 2013 11:08 AM

May 2010
Shuhan said:
That was terrible. Hopefully Tomoko's autism gets cured someday. So boring and annoying, I almost fell asleep last episode.

2/10

It's called 'social anxiety' not autism, look it up. in fact look up both so you will know they are both completely different from each other.
Lots of people have social anxiety and it's not fun nor easy.
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 24, 2013 11:14 AM

Oct 2012
AO968 said:
The only thing I found a bit odd was the cockroach scene. Everyone was
screaming in terror, yet Tomoko squished it without thinking. I'm sure
that, in normal situations, that would definitely get her lots of attention,
yet here, it's as if no one wanted to acknowledge she did a good thing
for once.

It's a good point to bring up. I think that was a pretty realistic depiction of what
goes on in high school. People have their little groups of friends. It is normal to
look for any excuse to criticize anybody outside of their clique. Basically, most
people in high school feel insecure. So you always want to try to strengthen your
attachment to your own little gang. You gain nothing by admiring someone else.

Privately, I am sure that everybody feels grateful to Tomoko. No doubt they all
respect her more as a result of that.

IchigoHollowfi said:
It's called 'social anxiety' not autism, look it up.

I think that many of us agree that Tomoko has been struggling with Social
Anxiety. By the way, that is synonymous to "Social Phobia", which was the
obsolete DSM-IV-TR term. "Social Anxiety" is the new DSM-5 term.

Maybe what Shuhan had in mind was Asperger Spectrum Disorder, which
is technically considered to be a kind of autism, but the person can be highly
intelligent and also have near-normal social skills. From watching Tomoko for
12 episodes, we feel fairly sure that she does not have Asperger. However,
somebody with Asperger would also probably be socially awkward and have
trouble making friends. The key thing to note in Tomoko's case is that she has
good relationship skills when dealing with her family members, including Kii-chan,
and her close friend Yuu-chan. My impression is that there can be complete
recovery from Social Anxiety. But recover from Asperger is more difficult. By
the way, the term "Asperger" is now obsolete since DSM-5 came out this year.
okanaganSep 24, 2013 11:30 AM
Sep 24, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 2009
Only managed to get the Terra Formars and Another references... anyone else get the other ones? They blurred the cockroach because it would be copyright infringement if they showed the design from the manga lol. Anyway this anime wasn't too bad. I found it only mildly amusing most of the time though. I'm pretty sure the arms dealer thing was a reference to Jormungand. I missed the SNK reference, where was it? 6/10
LoneWolfSep 24, 2013 11:45 AM

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Sep 24, 2013 11:16 AM

Aug 2012
ugh, i'm sorry to say but this final episode was kinda.. weak. The only things that prevented me to give it a low score were that beautiful panty shot, Another reference and God Knows parody song.

ep 11 was sooo much better than this, i'd give it a higher score if only they made it the final ep instead of this one.

Final score : 6/10

and still waiting patiently for a 3rd season of Spice & Wolf :'|
Sep 24, 2013 11:20 AM

May 2013
Was I the only one that noticed how the three nameless girls were attempting to do a haruhi suzumiya hare hare dance choreography on the gym?

Yuu definitively is a total airhead, not only she compliments Tomoko about her dreams about being a weapons dealer (that in itself merits a double facepalm), but she gets distracted by the cute cat while chasing Tomoko. I do not mean to say Yuu is bad, but it is obvious the reason she still is friends with Tomoko is that she can't see her faults (which it quite different from accepting her mistakes). I am sure that if Tomoko had squeezed Yuu's nice derriere when she had the chance, she would have thought Tomoko was expressing how happy was of seeing her (which is kinda of true, but still ....).

I felt bad for the cockroach, I thought at first it was a Gokicha reference -_-
Sep 24, 2013 11:27 AM

Oct 2011
Dat Another and SNK references

I will miss Tomoko and this series
Sep 24, 2013 11:44 AM

Sep 2009
I want more episodes :'(
Aww' atleast someone recognized Tomoki.. and that is Imae :)
Sep 24, 2013 11:51 AM

Mar 2012
Gonna miss this anime :( Was pretty funny especially during the awkward moments xD Hope it gets a second season eventually.

8/10.
Sep 24, 2013 11:55 AM

May 2008
8/10 gonna miss this anime so epic that episode 7 and 8 were 2 funneh hope we get a sequel but i doubt that will happen probably depends on the sales LF the ova this instant!!!
Sep 24, 2013 12:06 PM

Sep 2008
I tought this show was ok.. I know its supposed to be a gag anime but i felt bad for her more than i laughed and i just wanted something good to happen to her, good that she finally realised in the end that its not such a big deal
Sep 24, 2013 12:39 PM
Apr 2011
Too bad we won't see the glasses girl. I hope they make a 2nd season.
Sep 24, 2013 12:51 PM

Sep 2013
I was laughing so hard when she was remembering her past.

The SNK salute and Another refrence.

That cockroach scene was pretty freaky.

That panty shot holy shit ;D

A solid 9/10 from I don't think I've ever felt this much for an anime character accept possibly a few deaths I've seen.
Sep 24, 2013 12:52 PM

Jan 2013
That running scene at the end, where her eyes went in completely opposite directions, it absolutely killed me, I was even choking :'). And the Another reference was brilliant! Ahh, I'm going to miss this anime, will definitely have to start reading the manga.
Sep 24, 2013 1:07 PM
Feb 2013
Wtf, this is the most chaotic ending I've ever watched.
Pages (9) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Need help identifying a song

XeroBeat - Apr 26

1 by CatChud »»
Apr 26, 5:35 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

rederoin - Jul 8, 2013

653 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:26 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.