Forum Settings
Forums

Manga 'Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu' to End Next Month in Sept 2013

New
Aug 25, 2013 6:55 AM

Sep 2012
From the latest issue of monthly manga magazine "Shounen Ace", it was announced that manga "Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu", adapted from the light novel of the same name, will have its final chapter in the next issue which will be published on September 26th. The manga started serialization in late 2005 and so far 19 volumes have been published. Since the manga has caught up to the light novel, it is thought that the main reason for the manga's end is due to a lack of source material.

Source: Scan of Shounen Ace via 0taku
NaruleachOct 5, 2013 5:05 PM
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 25, 2013 6:57 AM

Nov 2011
No... T_______________T
Aug 25, 2013 6:58 AM

Feb 2011
This thread seems legit , but good this that it finally ends , I might start reading it after I watch the anime too -_-
Aug 25, 2013 7:08 AM
Jul 2012
And another one will fall.
Aug 25, 2013 7:35 AM

Nov 2011
Only seen the anime so if I decide to read this, it'll be fresh..

Eh, I guess I might give it a try though.
Aug 25, 2013 7:38 AM
Mar 2012
Not unexpected. Hopefully Tanigawa will come out with some more of the light novels pretty soon. Volume 11's end was just so awesome and I wonder what's going to happen next.
Aug 25, 2013 7:39 AM

Oct 2012
Never read the manga version before, but hearing this will end would make me try to read it. Curiosity.
Aug 25, 2013 7:41 AM

Aug 2013
The manga adaptation is, to be frank, pretty terrible. The first few chapters had me scratching my head and i dropped it around chap 5 due to how confusing it becomes. The art isn't really anything to write home about. And as far as i know, the manga is barely recognizable in english-speaking fandom, with very few monthly views on the scanlation site.

But what about the continuation of the LN? And anime?
Aug 25, 2013 7:43 AM
Mar 2012
Stark700 said:
Only seen the anime so if I decide to read this, it'll be fresh..

Eh, I guess I might give it a try though.

I recommend the light novels over the manga(and Yen Press has released them in North America so you could buy those) as the light novels are the original and the manga has some filler chapters and is less true to the light novels than the anime is(for the record, the anime is very true to the light novels).
Aug 25, 2013 7:43 AM

Feb 2012
Season 3 please.
Aug 25, 2013 7:46 AM

Sep 2012
I would agree that the art is really quite weak. As much as I love the LN (and the anime), I just could not keep up with the manga. Yet it is impressive that the manga can go on for so long and actually covers the whole series of the novel so far published. That alone is some achievement by itself.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Aug 25, 2013 7:50 AM

May 2010
How many volumes are published in English? Would think about buying it.
Aug 25, 2013 7:52 AM

May 2013
I love this series.
Aug 25, 2013 8:19 AM
Jul 2012
I hope vol. 12 will come out soon...
Edit :
Kitsu-nee said:
How many volumes are published in English? Would think about buying it.

There are currently 9 volumes released in the UK and the US. The 10th volume and 11th volume will come out as a single book in november.
Aug 25, 2013 8:24 AM
Feb 2012
^instead of a third reason it'd be better if the author continued working on his novels...
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Aug 25, 2013 8:28 AM

Jul 2008
It is kind of sad seeing the novel release dates in succession. The first several came out almost back to back then there was a huge hiatus. And now there is another one. He should just end the series or something anyway.
Aug 25, 2013 8:30 AM

Sep 2011
It'll be back when the next novel comes out

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 25, 2013 8:35 AM

May 2010
AkaNoYasha said:
There are currently 9 volumes released in the UK and the US. The 10th volume and 11th volume will come out as a single book in november.

Thanks, I'll think about buying this series, waiting for the third season of anime is killing me, sigh.
Aug 25, 2013 8:45 AM

May 2011
Hah, FINE by me =)
Hope this terrible franchise sinks into Oblivion slowly but surely, next. This news made my day.
Aug 25, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2011
Entirely expected. The novel releases are about as slow as they come after all.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Aug 25, 2013 9:00 AM
Sep 2012
And the endings continue.

Stupid bbcode, how dare you force me to copy and paste a URL instead of just clicking a link.
Aug 25, 2013 9:19 AM

Sep 2009
Who cares about manga than Haruhi is LN series...
Aug 25, 2013 9:27 AM

Sep 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Following your logic, perhaps we should not care about the anime as well since Haruhi is LN series LOL

Aug 25, 2013 9:30 AM

Nov 2012
I'll probably buy the manga just 'cause it's Haruhi, but never read it since it isn't as good as the LN. Lol
Aug 25, 2013 10:00 AM

Oct 2007
I've heard nothing but poor things about the Manga version though apparently this was already a reboot and there was one before that didn't even last more than a couple of volumes the artwork was so poor.
Aug 25, 2013 10:42 AM

Sep 2012
It spells the end of the Manga, but not the series!
HURRY UP TANIGAWA
Aug 25, 2013 11:03 AM

Jan 2013
Yvese said:
Season 3 please.

+over nine thousand
To aru majutsu no index and To aru kagaku no railgun Lover
Aug 25, 2013 11:04 AM

Apr 2010
Well that's rather abrupt.

Aug 25, 2013 11:12 AM

Jun 2008
Damn....yet another one bites the dust.

Can't deny the Mangapocalypse is real.
Aug 25, 2013 11:39 AM

Jul 2010
Yvese said:
Season 3 please.

Yes please ._.
Aug 25, 2013 11:55 AM

Sep 2009
symbv said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:
Following your logic, perhaps we should not care about the anime as well since Haruhi is LN series LOL

Don't mix the things. Anime adaptation is one thing but all other adaptations don't mean much cause they either excessively fanservice or don't have much common with the original. I just mean that this info doesn't matter much. Who cares about manga than LNs are still ongoing if I remember right. I personally would never understand people who prefer manga adaptations of LNs or VNs instead of reading novel itself
Aug 25, 2013 12:21 PM

Dec 2012
Nachtwandler_21 said:
symbv said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

Don't mix the things. Anime adaptation is one thing but all other adaptations don't mean much cause they either excessively fanservice or don't have much common with the original. I just mean that this info doesn't matter much. Who cares about manga than LNs are still ongoing if I remember right. I personally would never understand people who prefer manga adaptations of LNs or VNs instead of reading novel itself

Eh, I'm sure Anime adaptations also do that too - excessively fanservice and not follow the original adaptions properly or on purpose.

In the case of manga adaptations of LNs well, since I dont read mangas nor novels (yet), I can only guess but I think its probably because mangas are easier to read than LNs and easier to find translations too.

Personally, if theres a manga adaptation of a LN that manages to follow the LN really well, I'd prefer to read the manga instead, since I dont really like reading huge walls of text lol.
Aug 25, 2013 12:22 PM

Jul 2008
Will there even be a third season though? I thought because of all the voice actor drama any franchise with Aya Hirano was over.
Aug 25, 2013 12:28 PM

Oct 2007
Good.
Aug 25, 2013 12:30 PM

Oct 2007
GarLogan78 said:
Will there even be a third season though? I thought because of all the voice actor drama any franchise with Aya Hirano was over.

Why do people still believe this when theres blatant evidence to the contrary. do people actually just pay this little attention.
Aug 25, 2013 1:38 PM

Jul 2008
Kaioshin_Sama said:
GarLogan78 said:

Why do people still believe this when theres blatant evidence to the contrary. do people actually just pay this little attention.

There is evidence of a third season?
Aug 25, 2013 1:48 PM

Sep 2009
If there would be new season sometime than it definitely would be not by KyoAni. Studio's producers decided to make adaptations only of works studio has main rights on cause they don't want to give most of the profit to publishers.

AdolTheRed said:

Eh, I'm sure Anime adaptations also do that too - excessively fanservice and not follow the original adaptions properly or on purpose.

In the case of manga adaptations of LNs well, since I dont read mangas nor novels (yet), I can only guess but I think its probably because mangas are easier to read than LNs and easier to find translations too.

Personally, if theres a manga adaptation of a LN that manages to follow the LN really well, I'd prefer to read the manga instead, since I dont really like reading huge walls of text lol.

Mangas which follow LN well is extremely rare and mangas which follow VN plot well are totally non-existent. And I didn't say that all anime adaptations are good. I just say that adapting the "text" source into the animation(or live action) is one thing and the necessity here is obvious but adapting one "text" source into another is just additional milking and it didn't make any real sense.

But my post was not about necessity of such a thing just about that it's not worth mentioning in the news.
Aug 25, 2013 3:06 PM
May 2012
iLostReason said:
Yvese said:
Season 3 please.

Yes please ._.

please!!
Aug 25, 2013 3:42 PM

Nov 2008
JustALEX said:
Damn....yet another one bites the dust.

Can't deny the Mangapocalypse is real.

It is and it's due to 2 reasons

1. Many of the mangaka, novelists, and even the artists are starting new works

2. That accursed bill that was put on hold in June, which affected the ending of Oreimo and ended Ro-Kyu-Bu prematurely. They are preparing for the worst case scenario in it's possible passing this Fall.

Aug 25, 2013 3:48 PM

Nov 2012
GarLogan78 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
GarLogan78 said:

No, he's just stating that Aya Hiranos "Scandal" has nothing to do with why Haruhi hasn't gotten a third season.
Aug 25, 2013 4:02 PM

Oct 2007
Unit-01 said:
GarLogan78 said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
GarLogan78 said:

No, he's just stating that Aya Hiranos "Scandal" has nothing to do with why Haruhi hasn't gotten a third season.

Yes, I mean look I'm no huge fan of Aya Hirano as a VA even though I think she's okay (although I gained a tremendous amount of respect for her when she had the guts to hit back at the "creepy otaku" who were basically slandering, stalking and being incredibly possessive about her private life) but she hasn't quit the industry, hasn't been ostracized and she has nothing to do with why there hasn't been a third anime adaptation of the Haruhi series yet. The production partners (Kadokawa/Kyoto Animation/Lantis etc) just don't seem to be interested in doing one right now and that's as far as anyone knows. It is what it is, but what I'm saying is a simple actual look at her profile page on this very site will show that she's even active in this seasons Gatchaman so I don't know what rock people have been hiding under that they think she's finished. It's like people only care about her in relation to one tremendously hyped up show she was in 5 years ago as opposed to actually taking even a passing interest in her actual body of work.
PeacingOutAug 25, 2013 4:05 PM
Aug 25, 2013 5:11 PM

Jun 2013
I read on the Haruhi wikia ( http://haruhi.wikia.com/wiki/Haruhi_Suzumiya_Light_Novel ) that the author will be writing at least one more novel, as stated in the fan book. So maybe the manga will come back for the last novel(s) later on? I dunno, I've loved the series for a very long time, and as much as I do want there to be an end to put things to rest, I don't want it to stop either! I'm sure you guys know what I'm saying.
Everyone needs an anime hour!
Aug 25, 2013 5:20 PM

Nov 2009
Another manga ends too ...
Aug 25, 2013 5:38 PM

Aug 2012
Don't care about the manga, just wish Tanigawa would show some consistency with his writing so we can see a season 3. Even if KyoAni wants to stick to what they own for now, we all know Haruhi sells. They just need consistently written material to start adapting comfortably again, I'd say.
Aug 25, 2013 5:59 PM

Jul 2009
Oh god, when will be the day i'd be able to see in the news board "Suzumiya Haruhi 3rd season confirmed" ???
Aug 25, 2013 6:38 PM

Aug 2012
Bakura said:
Oh god, when will be the day i'd be able to see in the news board "Suzumiya Haruhi 3rd season confirmed" ???

Hopefully not when we're old enough to have a heart attack just by seeing those words-ah too late
Aug 25, 2013 8:02 PM

Jul 2010
Just read the light novels. Yen Press is publishing "Surprise" (volumes 10 and 11 combined) later this fall and they are all available in both print and e-book.
Aug 25, 2013 8:12 PM

Feb 2011
Alas, the adventures of the SOS Brigade comes to an end. It is a sad day indeed : (
Aug 25, 2013 8:42 PM

Aug 2011
Did they run out of milk?
Aug 25, 2013 10:34 PM

May 2013
I NEED SEASON 3
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Shoushimin Series' Unveils Additional Staff, Theme Songs, Second Promo

DatRandomDude - 26 minutes ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
26 minutes ago

» 'Yami Shibai' Gets 13th Season in Summer 2024

DatRandomDude - 5 hours ago

2 by hacker09 »»
3 hours ago

» Gainax Begins Production of 'Aoki Uru' Anime Movie After Lawsuit

arsonal - Jun 23, 2017

25 by wallus81 »»
3 hours ago

» 'Elf-san wa Yaserarenai.' Announces Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

16 by EcchiGodMamster »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kinnikuman: Kanpeki Chоujin Shiso-hen' Reveals Additional Cast

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.